Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? (1775 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by eddycross(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2013
Hello guys, please this question has bugged me for a while.

As a Nigerian, when will be the most appropriate time to propose to your girlfriend.

1. When you have determined that she is “the one” but before seeking the parents’ approval. Knowing that they can still say “No”.
2. After meeting the parents but still going back and forth to gain approval. Knowing that they can still say “No”.
3. After the parents have given you approval.

And by propose, I mean kneel down, pop the question and slip an engagement ring into her finger.
Thank you.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Nikkyparadise(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2013
Ops i guess u havnt eatn.....bt nyway sha 1st to comment. cool
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Smartiegurl(f): 11:24am On Oct 29, 2013
Whenever you so wish
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Tolexander: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2013
After you've taken her to the most expensive boutiques, and nice joints in your expensive cars.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
What is your business with her parents?
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Heliesha: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Danhumprey: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
Don't bother about time. Just splash some money in their face,and gbam! That's all. Though there are exception,I mean there are Nigerian gals that are not money conscious. wink
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2013

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
I need MTN recharge card....the woman near my office has closed, please where is the nearest place I can get
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
In Mr Biggs after buying her chicken leg
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by vizboy(m): 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2013
when you account is like naijaloaded
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Justiyke4u: 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
12 midnight
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by eddycross(m): 6:40am On Oct 30, 2013
Nikky-paradise:
Ops i guess u havnt eatn.....bt nyway sha 1st to comment. cool
You do not necessarily have to say something just to say you know how to use the internet ehn!

Tolexander: After you've taken her to the most expensive boutiques, and nice joints in your expensive cars.
Unfortunately I don't have expensive cars.

Nonso23: O.p to be safe, it's best done after meeting with her parents (not the igba-nkwu kind of meeting though but the one-off visit kind of meeting).
if you sense subtle signs of approval from her parents, go ahead if otherwise, find out your girl's stance on the my-parents-must-accept-you-first issue before you go ahead.
That should be number 2 in your post.

Thank you Nonso23, that makes real sense. Some people do not believe that parents in Nigeria especially, have a say.

tpacalipse: What is your business with her parents?
Na dem go talk YES or NO.... when u reach that stage you will find out
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 30, 2013
Buy her a brand new car, and put up a sign on it that read "Will you marry me?" "If you say yes the car is yours"

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by nbright: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2013
rokiatu: Buy her a brand new car, and put up a sign on it that read "Will you marry me?" "If you say yes the car is yours"
Which Nigerian girl will refuse such an offer?.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2013
nbright: Which Nigerian girl will refuse such an offer?.

cheesy grin grin grin hence the reason I suggested it.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by jmoore(m): 11:26am On Oct 30, 2013
During solar eclipse.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2013
Propose when she is in labor she will say yes.....
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by clapham(m): 11:55am On Oct 30, 2013
hmm,abeg think twice oh ,you better make sure you already did CRB check before proposing,ask me for more details

Experience goes a long way
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by eddycross(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
clapham: hmm,abeg think twice oh ,you better make sure you already did CRB check before proposing,ask me for more details

Experience goes a long way

Not that I have a doubt in my mind, but this story will be interesting?
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by dBard: 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
rokiatu: Buy her a brand new car, and put up a sign on it that read "Will you marry me?" "If you say yes the car is yours"

Funny ur d one that put up something dis silly
Shocked undecided
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2013
I don't know about other Nigerian babes, but as for me, if you go to look for my parents approval, thereby hinting to them that you want to marry me before proposing to me, Na my parents go marry you!!!
Re: When Is The Best Time To Propose To A Nigerian Girl? by NEROSKY(m): 9:25am On Oct 31, 2013
If you're sure she won't turn down, pay their parent a visit with bicycle or keke napep(even if you have a car, just to know their parents mind) if they cooperate, pop the question! Me too am tired of Nigeria mentality based on many issues!

(1) (Reply)

ACP Who Was Alleged To Have Fondled A Lady's bosom In A Photo. / Do You Have Sex With Your Ex While Waiting For Your Next ? / 7reasons Why Women Like Bad Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.