Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis (18558 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU - No-work-no-pay Rule Will Not Stop Us From Striking / ASUU Snubs FG No Work No Pay Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by dabrake(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2013
ASUU, una papa there.

1 Like

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by tpapi: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2013
so after una don carry placards they show una self, ,una stil dey expect alert, thunder fire una

1 Like

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2013
Whatever! Even when school is in session, lecturers hardly come to class. Infrastructures or no infrastructure, our lecturers are very lazy, old-fashioned (most of them can't even send an email), selfish, self-centered, delusioned, attention seeking, individuals.

If you want to be rich like senators, resign from your lecturing job and contest for a senatorial position.

2 Likes

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Quinnlee: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2013
hahahahahahahaha.........
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Abuklaw(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2013
greatgod2012: But why don't we love ourselves sef?
The FG don't want to shift ground and the ASUU too will not consider the students that are forced to stay and waste away at home, and at the end of the day, its Nigeria that is the ultimate loser/sufferer, because its the future leaders' lives that we are talking about here.
i hate to hear future leader or whatever,which future leader are u talking about when those that rule frm early 70s are still at the helm of affairs in this God-forsaken geographical territory? Please let talk about something else coz the real future leaders (present hope dimmer's children) are being breed outside Nigeria
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Bpriest(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2013
Universities should b able to create money or benefits for themselves.the Fg can't keep injecting money ,the more our pop grows(esp student pop) the more the budget will grow.
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by bourbon(m): 10:02am On Oct 31, 2013
Well hopefully an end will come to dis soon.
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by OmichaelO: 10:02am On Oct 31, 2013
And here I am always hoping 1st of each month will bring forth good news concerning ASUU
I guess I should just burn away that HOPE
'Cos right now it seems we are HOPELESSLY HOPELESS
;( sad
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 31, 2013
stillwater: It's really hard to have sympathy on ASUU.

So these people/case still exist? I thought they had vamoosed long time ago. Abeg strike all the way till 2015. grin
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by 9jahubcom(m): 10:05am On Oct 31, 2013
99/100:
What is there to escalate that ASUU has not escalated already?
I stand for No work no pay.Or better still mass sacking of some lecturers so as to sanitize d university system.
hahah..no be small tin oh
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by MidaxPhoenix(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2013
The rate of ignorance peddled on this forum is alarming!!

Gone were the days when posters outwit each other with facts and not hearsay, make-belief etc

Do you have access to the employment contract of an academic staff?

Have you seen or read through the 2009 agreement?

You have to get all the angles to make informed contributions and not rants laden with youthful exuberance and indolence!!

Even if they don't teach for ten years, the government will have to pay them!!
The employment contract entails them to do research and academics and they are on academic strike or have you seen any university under locks and keys!

Yes, the industrial action is affecting the students and not good for all concerned but the fault lies with the government and not ASUU!

And if you think otherwise, let's discuss facts .

2 Likes

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Henry13(m): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2013
Do we realise the fact that ASUU is fighting for the betterment of our educational system?..Please, the 2009 agreement is online. Go through it and u wld appreciate them..I think our FG is being inconsiderate here..
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Sajio(m): 10:25am On Oct 31, 2013
Olumidzti: how many days do your senators sit per week? & how much do they get?
...... That's not the issue here, and even @that......if the lecturers wants †̥ earn like the senators? The had better go †̥ the pull and face the risk in being a Senator!! I support no work no pay rule joor!! ASUU should call of the damn strike.. D educational system cannot turn around overnight!!
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Nauttyprof(m): 10:30am On Oct 31, 2013
99/100:
What is there to escalate that ASUU has not escalated already?
I stand for No work no pay.Or better still mass sacking of some lecturers so as to sanitize d university system.

Sometimes you need to calm down in order not to allow emotions take control of your judgement. Honestly, if there was mass sacking as you stated what will become of the system, sanitised? I don't think so. Already, aren't we having brain drain in the system? Most of the lecturers are leaving the federal and state schools for the private while some have left Nigeria for other countries, all in the name of comfort and better pay. The system needs to be motivated. Shouldn't you ask yourself why lecturers keep on going on strike? Shouldn't you ask why the government waited till the lecturers embarked on strike? Shouldn't you ask why our universities are no where to be found in the world ranking despite products of the system doing fine internationally? Shouldn't you ask why corruption is exalted in this nation while sanity is thrown in the dust bin? I should go on and on but let me remind you our government can't be trusted any longer.

It's so sad seeing ASUU as the victim and our insincere government as the just one. I still don't know what waits us in the future, if we can't get little things right, now. cry:crycrycry:-(
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:33am On Oct 31, 2013
I am with ASUU on this 100%. Agreed, its quite unfortunate that students would suffer but nothing good comes easy. I have had it up to here with excuses made by successive govts on why certain agreements made with ASUU can not be honored. Its a gross injustice! At the end of the day, these same members of the so called Elite government will be earning unknown sums of money as "salaries", gettiung huge benefits and housing allowances, buying bullet-proof amoured vehicles worth millions of Naira (that is the vices that we end up finding about o), vacations abroad with 50 team delegations and mansions in various parts of the world. ASUU should NOT shift ground.
The FG has showed us just how callous they are by trying to threaten ASUU with this "No work No Pay" Policy. They are shameless money-grabbing barbarians! angry angry angry
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2013
If you think being a senator is easy and juicy, just go pick a senatorial election form and contest this next election..

3 Likes

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Adex097: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2013
cjrane: [size=15pt]No work, No Pay is the best thing ever implemented in the strikes especially in the basterdized educational sector.

From the mid 1980s lecturers have become very lazy,most cannot even teach continuously for one year because they have become accustomed to always going on long strikes for 6 months or more, knowing the Government will pay them for the time they spent traveling and fooling around the world instead of teaching the students.

For once, lets be serious as a country and pay for only the time the lecturers are doing what they are being paid for.[/size]
They would be paid in arrears after the strike tongue
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Sajio(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: Am suprised @ the opinion of some posters in this thread on the no work no pay issue. Majority of us disagree with the policy of FG for withdrawing relief from from Biafara during the war? The policy is as good as good as the biafara/fg issue. Why should the govt go into an agreement that they view as not feasible? The argument that it was made by the previous administration does not hold water because if the present government can inherit foreign reserves from previous administration they shiuld be able to implement agreement reached by the the previous admistration. Looking at the agreement only 21% is for allowances which will be enjoyed by both. academic and non academic staff (most universities has paid non academic staff their share of the 30billion sent to them but rejected theirs on moral grounds). The argument of moral decadence among lecturers is not far from the truth (a common phenomenon in every sector of our dear country) but the fact remains that Universities in Nigeria are poorly funded and there is need for rescue. If ASUU considers the student that are at home currently how about the future students? What will they meet? Considering what is on ground presently......God save Nigeria
..... The problem in our Educational system won't end over night! I suggest ASUU should call off the strike and do over-hauling among d lecturers!!
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by wasak(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2013
Midax & Phoenix:
The rate of ignorance peddled on this forum is alarming!!

Gone were the days when posters outwit each other with facts and not hearsay, make-belief etc

Do you have access to the employment contract of an academic staff?

Have you seen or read through the 2009 agreement?

You have to get all the angles to make informed contributions and not rants laden with youthful exuberance and indolence!!

Even if they don't teach for ten years, the government will have to pay them!!
The employment contract entails them to do research and academics and they are on academic strike or have you seen any university under locks and keys!

Yes, the industrial action is affecting the students and not good for all concerned but the fault lies with the government and not ASUU!

And if you think otherwise, let's discuss facts .
if ASUU. is truly fighting for d betterment of the system y can't they make do with d funds provided? y can't they manage it and come for more later? what the hell is the meaning of examination and supervision allowance? where the hell is the internally generated revenue of the universities?
Please don't infuriate me with ur sentimental comment...

2 Likes

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by wasak(m): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2013
vivacious vivi: I am with ASUU on this 100%. Agreed, its quite unfortunate that students would suffer but nothing good comes easy. I have had it up to here with excuses made by successive govts on why certain agreements made with ASUU can not be honored. Its a gross injustice! At the end of the day, these same members of the so called Elite government will be earning unknown sums of money as "salaries", gettiung huge benefits and housing allowances, buying bullet-proof amoured vehicles worth millions of Naira (that is the vices that we end up finding about o), vacations abroad with 50 team delegations and mansions in various parts of the world. ASUU should NOT shift ground.
The FG has showed us just how callous they are by trying to threaten ASUU with this "No work No Pay" Policy. They are shameless money-grabbing barbarians! angry angry angry
I am ready to challenge ASUU to a debate, d government as corrupt as it is have shifted ground, what the hell is ASUU fighting for? let's say our lecturers aren't qualified enough, y don't they overhaul themselves if they are truly fighting for d system? OK. they want over 3 trillion naira? how much is the overall budget of the country? do u know how many years Nigeria has been running on budget deficit? common!! think... so after providing the funds Nigerian universities will automatically become world class? is ur Aristo Dad a. lecturer?

1 Like

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Fran6ik: 10:52am On Oct 31, 2013
Dr Mordi u ar wicked! Dis man hardly goes to class nd likes girls so much, fellow delsuites can confirm dat. So d bad belle too much.

1 Like

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Wendyslim(f): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2013
Chanchit: Sharrrap..! It seems this guys are trying to scare d government, if you dnt work, you should no be paid.
. That is it. While will u be paid for services dat was not rendered
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by ElDonal(m): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2013
And ask yourself, how long do the senate's last on the post.
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by leonard509(m): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2013
.This ''no work no pay'' ish suppose to have been implimented the very day the strike started....what the fvck are you paying striking lecturers for?

Cease their salary,,xo dat their pockets will run dry...and those that have their children schooling outside nigeria would have to find another means of making money xo they can meet up with their children's school fees,,,

1 Like

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by victorD3: 11:06am On Oct 31, 2013

Do you want to be paid like a senator? Why not sell your properties or loan money to contest an election since its that easy.

1 Like

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Ifedechidex: 11:09am On Oct 31, 2013
Abegi, i dnt wanna hear any news abt dem(ASUU n fg) until dey call off d strike... Since july, they've been on d frontpage on national dalies, yet no sign 2 cal off d strike... Mtchew
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by Chiscomax(m): 11:10am On Oct 31, 2013
"ASUU has called off the strike". click like if this is what you want to hear.

ASUU's attitude towards this strike is clearly an act of weary cynicism. i am tired!
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by tunex23: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2013
I will Yarn later....Hustle still in full progress!
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by fishkaveli(m): 11:18am On Oct 31, 2013
D fight of two elephant is d tear of d Grass...
Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by PuffyT1(m): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2013
shocked

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by mikeuz(m): 11:22am On Oct 31, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: Am suprised @ the opinion of some posters in this thread on the no work no pay issue. Majority of us disagree with the policy of FG for withdrawing relief from from Biafara during the war? The policy is as good as good as the biafara/fg issue. Why should the govt go into an agreement that they view as not feasible? The argument that it was made by the previous administration does not hold water because if the present government can inherit foreign reserves from previous administration they shiuld be able to implement agreement reached by the the previous admistration. Looking at the agreement only 21% is for allowances which will be enjoyed by both. academic and non academic staff (most universities has paid non academic staff their share of the 30billion sent to them but rejected theirs on moral grounds). The argument of moral decadence among lecturers is not far from the truth (a common phenomenon in every sector of our dear country) but the fact remains that Universities in Nigeria are poorly funded and there is need for rescue. If ASUU considers the student that are at home currently how about the future students? What will they meet? Considering what is on ground presently......God save Nigeria

Taaaaaah. God purnish those lecturers. Throughout when I was in school there was no year ASUU didn't go on strike. It has now become a norm for them. Hiding under the disguise that they are fighting for the students. Which students are they fighting for? bunch of idiots. The little money FG gave them from their previous strikes how did the students benefit from it?those money ended in their pockets and FG still pay them for sitting at home,Who pays the student for sitting at home?students that paid school fees and house rents. Every act of long duration srikes destroys the students and the future so tell me which future students they are fighting for?abi the present crop of student don't deserve a bright future? they can't even teach properly,SORTING is the order of the day in our university,is the FG the cause of that too. They make it look like the federal government is the sole cause of our decay in the educational sector. What effort have they made on their part?when you listen to their address they sing bunch of lies looking for sympathy from the masses. No Work No Pay is the best thing, Maybe if some of them can't fend for their family and pay their childrens school fees abroad for a month they will no how to shorten strikes. Rubbish. The most painful thing is that when they decide to end the strike,they will also decide to increase school fees.

2 Likes

Re: No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis by easyz(m): 11:26am On Oct 31, 2013
Money don finish for there hand. Oya make dem start beging for chop money. ASUUmumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Students Win Science Exhibition:To Represent Nigeria in Croatia & Mexico / 2015/2016 Waec Timetable / Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.