Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414672 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 12:06am On Nov 13, 2016
Immorttal:
TRY COVERTING YOUR FILE TO PDF FORMAT. you can do this when saving the final file on microsoft word but make sure you have the original file as .doc or docx for future use.

Thank you for responding. I have tried uploading as pdf, doc, or docx and Htm(web page filtered form). You know that the problem is that the book that I an trying to upload contains a lot of pictures. Please can anyone help me. Oga MK82, Bros 1234, or any other guru in thr house.

2) My second question is, has anyone ever or published a book with pictures? How did you go about the formatting. Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 12:08am On Nov 13, 2016
2) My question is, has anyone ever or published a book with pictures? How did you go about the formatting. Thank you for your anticipated response. I am trying to unload a boo with pictures, when I see check it in the previewer, the images does not show. It looks black with a dotted yellow sign on it. Help pleas.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2016
AncientTimes:

Thank you for responding. I have tried uploading as pdf, doc, or docx and Htm(web page filtered form). You know that the problem is that the book that I an trying to upload contains a lot of pictures. Please can anyone help me. Oga MK82, Bros 1234, or any other guru in thr house.

2) My second question is, has anyone ever or published a book with pictures? How did you go about the formatting. Thank you for your anticipated response.
Send a mail to the email on my profile page. Write a step by step of your formatting process so I can point out where you are making mistakes.
I also need to know
- the version of MS word you are using
- the type of images
- the file format of the images.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 9:10am On Nov 14, 2016
MATTERS ARISING.

Pls @mk82 and others. I would like to draw your attention to something going on. While I have been following this thread, ya all aware that Iopened another thread also to keep track of my my publishing and provide updates, so that I dont clog this thread which has gone into it's 3rd year.

Thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/3269169/modified-making-money-publishing-amazon

At the 9th page of the thread, someone bumps in and says that people should beware of dealing with the OP, that his real name is Jude Ibro and that he is a scammer. His exact post in the quoted below:

I want to use this opportunity to inform and warn anyone who does business with Jude Ibro nairaland moniker bros1234 and bros12345 that s/he does so at her/his own risk.

This is because I have very strong reason with evidence - which I will make available shortly - that he is a scammer! He uses gentle words and evidence from his kindle sales to bamboozle and sway you to part with your cash for services he will never render.

Like I said, to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Watch this space.

I was confused for the following reasons.

1. Yes, the above usernames bros1234 and bros12345 are my monikers..(that's the monikers the complainant stated scammed him)

2. My full names are not Jude Ibro (that is the name the complainant stated scammed him)

3. I have never received money from any Nairalander in the form of payment for service or product.

4. Since I started that thread, I have only offered free advice and never asked for monetary compensation.

5. Right now, I am as confused as everyone regarding this accusation, but I'm also glad it's coming out. I want to know what's happening. Just so we can set the record straight.

Just like I stated in that thread:

I want anyone with any kind of details to come forward.

My name is not Jude Ibro. That's for real.

I'll provide my real name and link to my amazon books, payments, payoneer, all. I'll provide login details to trusted investigators willing to take this matter up.

People can also come to my office for confirmation.

Something fishy is going on and I don't know it unless I know details. My office is at Ikeja, 6 Alen Avenue.

Please who is coming and when are û coming.

Is it possible that someone hijacks another person's moniker on Nairaland and use it to sell something or solicit for funds.

I am very confused right now. Please guys come in and help

Thanks

Accuser's moniker: lobell

I have also opened another thread so we can actually know what's really happening.

https://www.nairaland.com/3463686/re-scam-alert-jude-ibro
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by vikings809: 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
judeibro:
For up coming kindle authors, send your book title, subtitle, photo (if any) and authors name, let me judeibro@gmail.com

This is the culprit. Almost scammed me. When I said I'm not interested in paying for a crash course on amazon kindle publishing, he went silent. THere should be a way this guy can be prosecuted and jailed.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
vikings809:

This is the culprit. Almost scammed me. When I said I'm not interested in paying for a crash course on amazon kindle publishing, he went silent. THere should be a way this guy can be prosecuted and jailed.

Pls bro, come on at the thread and throw more light.

https://www.nairaland.com/3269169/modified-making-money-publishing-amazon/9

Thanks for pointing this out.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
bros1234:
MATTERS ARISING.

Pls @mk82 and others. I would like to draw your attention to something going on. While I have been following this thread, ya all aware that Iopened another thread also to keep track of my my publishing and provide updates, so that I dont clog this thread which has gone into it's 3rd year.

Thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/3269169/modified-making-money-publishing-amazon

At the 9th page of the thread, someone bumps in and says that people should beware of dealing with the OP, that his real name is Jude Ibro and that he is a scammer. His exact post in the quoted below:

I was confused for the following reasons.

1. Yes, the above usernames bros1234 and bros12345 are my monikers..(that's the monikers the complainant stated scammed him)

2. My full names are not Jude Ibro (that is the name the complainant stated scammed him)

3. I have never received money from any Nairalander in the form of payment for service or product.

4. Since I started that thread, I have only offered free advice and never asked for monetary compensation.

5. Right now, I am as confused as everyone regarding this accusation, but I'm also glad it's coming out. I want to know what's happening. Just so we can set the record straight.

Just like I stated in that thread:

I want anyone with any kind of details to come forward.

My name is not Jude Ibro. That's for real.

I'll provide my real name and link to my amazon books, payments, payoneer, all. I'll provide login details to trusted investigators willing to take this matter up.

People can also come to my office for confirmation.

Something fishy is going on and I don't know it unless I know details. My office is at Ikeja, 6 Alen Avenue.

Please who is coming and when are û coming.

Is it possible that someone hijacks another person's moniker on Nairaland and use it to sell something or solicit for funds.

I am very confused right now. Please guys come in and help

Thanks

Accuser's moniker: lobell

I have also opened another thread so we can actually know what's really happening.

https://www.nairaland.com/3463686/re-scam-alert-jude-ibro
This is really sad. When some are sweating day and night to make real money, others are looking for who to steal from. @bros1234 as shown that he's not this person so his name should be cleared from this affair.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by maigemuu: 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
In this days of financial squeeze and with the drop in oil prices globally, you can leverage on other options other than your paid jobs to earn money from home through a made simple task to get paid.

We are a rapidly growing company of like minded individuals that over past few months has experienced great success through our online marketing system .We are in search of highly motivated individuals that value character,
integrity, and discipline. All applicants will be considered those with and without experience. To be considered please follow instructions below. Good Luck!

We Offer:
*Daily Pay!!
*Residuals
*Complete Training
*Leads provided

What We Need:
*Team Player
*Competitive Edge
*Goal Orientated
*Strong Work Ethic
*Burning Desire to Earn N150,000+ a Month
*Willingness to work from home

PLEASE — SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY-

Would you like to be exposed to a business opportunity that affords you the opportunity of earning residual income daily?
Remuneration is highly attractive and commensurate with best industry standards.
Kindly text, call or chat on whatsapp for updates.

sam: 08096002981
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 15, 2016
[s][/s]
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2016
Amazon sent me a love letter this morning. This I know that the reason why they sent me this is because of the recipes. MY PROBLEM IS, HOW DO YOU EDIT RECIPES. IF I CHANGE THE THE WORDS, IT WILL CHANGE THE INGREDIENTS and if I tell them that I have all the publishing rights, what will happen to my account. And how do you even edit a recipes or ingredient? When you change the ingredients, it changes every thing that you have said. Thank you sir. It is a recipes book with others stuff inside. But properly edited those stuffs. When I come to recipes, I could edit it because if you change one thing, the whole ingredient changes. Please O, I need help. This is what they sent me today.

During a review of your KDP submission, we found content in your book that is freely available on the web. Before we can publish your book, you need to take one of the following actions within five days:

1. If you hold the publishing rights for all of the content in this book, resubmit your book for publishing following the instructions provided below.
2. If the book is in the public domain, please confirm the initial publication date of the work and the author’s date of death. By sending us the requested public domain information, you are giving KDP permission to publish this book on your behalf. We will contact you if we need additional information.
3. If you do not hold rights for all of the content in this book, please remove the book following the instructions provided below.

If you publish books for which you do not hold the electronic publishing rights, we may terminate your account or you may lose access to optional KDP services.

Best Regards,
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mintyx(m): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2016
I want to ask, for people who can't write, is there a way one can buy books from authors with copyright who just want to sell outrightly and then resale on Amazon? I'm just wondering
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ranson(m): 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
mintyx:
I want to ask, for people who can't write, is there a way one can buy books from authors with copyright who just want to sell outrightly and then resale on Amazon? I'm just wondering
If you can't write. Research your topics and contract them to writers on upwork or fiverr. Then, you can publish it on Amazon or Draft2digital.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros1234(m): 4:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
Maybe this will encourage someone.

But first, OP, MK82, Thanks a lot for your personal emails, encouragement and this thread.

One of my prayer books just hit number 2 in the category again today. This book is just selling. I don't know why it is selling. It is just selling. But believe me, I put more effort in the ones not selling than this one selling like craze. Its BestSeller Rank today is around 12k. So far, this month, we've sold over 200 books total. But we need to improve. I'm learning. Remember this is my 4th month

Thanks again Op. You should get a tithe

I believe this openess is a good encouragement to someone too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by EXICON(m): 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello bros1234
Are you Daniel Okpara by author on Amazon?
Regards.
bros1234:

Pls bro, come on at the thread and throw more light.

https://www.nairaland.com/3269169/modified-making-money-publishing-amazon/9

Thanks for pointing this out.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bros12345: 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
EXICON:
Hello bros1234 Are you Daniel Okpara by author on Amazon? Regards.
Why do you ask bro?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello House,

Please can you review my work? This is the first book i've come up with thanks to the OP and this wonderful forum. It will be nice to get some feedback. I designed the cover myself so I'm aware it may not be perfect. Many thanks

The link to the book on Amazon is: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N433P89

Its currently free

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
The cover file does not meet our submission requirements for the reason(s) listed below. Please make any necessary adjustments to your cover file and upload it again by logging in to createspace.com.

The guide areas included in the downloadable template are visible in your final PDF. Please review the instructions included with the template and ensure that the guide layer is turned off before creating the PDF. Interested in professional assistance? CreateSpace services can help. Satisfaction guaranteed. https://createspace.secure.force.com/csp/Outreach?r=cspvas0043

The Interior file meets our submission requirements; it is not necessary for you to make any revisions to this file or upload it again.

Best regards,

The CreateSpace Team

Please, I need help from any of the gurus in the house.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by deasy(m): 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
Have really missed a lot on this...i really wanna try out this online publishing -- please, MK82 and the rest, is there a guide i can download and read through?. Please i prefer that than read through all the threads here.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 12:57am On Dec 10, 2016
deasy:
Have really missed a lot on this...i really wanna try out this online publishing -- please, MK82 and the rest, is there a guide i can download and read through?. Please i prefer that than read through all the threads here.

God bless you for asking this question. This thread is more than enough for you to begin publishing online.
Let me give you a hint on some of the things you need.

First, you need to have copyscape. This will enable you to avoid uploading plagiarism contents. Or look for other alternatives to checking your contents before uploading them to kindle. Plagiarized contents can have you banned from Amazon. Except if your content is original, meaning you wrote it yourself without copying any other thing else. Great, next thing to do is to learning formatting if your book content. For Kindle, your formatting should be done in Word. Then upload your work to kindle. After that then learn how to design a cover, or have someone design it for you. But If you can't do all these things, there are people who will do it for you for a fee online.
Also, check up with create space, format your work, save it in pdf and do a pdf cover so that you can have a paper back or have the book in hard cover. I hope this helps. If you want more, read this entire thread from page now to page 66 and you will see that most of the things that I am telling you has been answered completely. God bless you, and welcome to the realm of online publishing.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by deasy(m): 9:53am On Dec 10, 2016
Please do i need to fill the TAX SECTION HERE? check photo

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by deasy(m): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2016
Another thing is, this thread was started way back 2013 -- are information shared since 2013 still relevant and valid on amazon presently. I read recipes are good for beginners but have had someone said that won't work this time around.

AND WILL I TICK THIS "Enroll this book in KDP Select" check the pics below

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 10:07am On Dec 10, 2016
deasy:
Another thing is, this thread was started way back 2013 -- are information shared since 2013 still relevant and valid on amazon presently. I read recipes are good for beginners but have had someone said that won't work this time around.

Any help?[b][/b]

Yes they are very much relevant. Information here are still important and will continue to be important. Besides, for your tax information, let other gurus help you. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2016
deasy:

AND WILL I TICK THIS "Enroll this book in KDP Select" check the pics below

Yes, kdp is always good as it boast sales. Increases your potentials for book sales. You can click on it to enroll your book during publication or directly publish it and afterwards enroll it in KDP
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by abodundef: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello MK82 and other gurus,
Please i am having issues loading my manuscripts into the book shelf. i have converted it to many formats like html, plain txt and pdf, yet no success. i have tried as much as possible to follow the KDP guidelines for writing the manuscripts. the KDP website always respond "error occurred try again"
Please what do i do?
thx
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 12:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
abodundef:
Hello MK82 and other gurus,
Please i am having issues loading my manuscripts into the book shelf. i have converted it to many formats like html, plain txt and pdf, yet no success. i have tried as much as possible to follow the KDP guidelines for writing the manuscripts. the KDP website always respond "error occurred try again"
Please what do i do?
thx

What type of Book are you writing.

Picture books or Only words books..
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by abodundef: 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
AncientTimes:

What type of Book are you writing.

Picture books or Only words books..
MK82 has helped solved the problem i was having in loading my manuscripts. Now the book is available in Kindle store.
My book is on Christian religion.
if you are having issues with loading manuscripts with pictures, all you need do is to zip the manuscripts after converting it to HTML, then upload. try it.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AgreatMan: 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
Well, I just thought I should drop some thoughts about this eBook stuff.

Writing an eBook and making some money from it makes it looks as if it is unfair to other people who work hard from 8-5 and receive way less than what you earn, while you basically do nothing.

Mk82 has given us all some nice tips about making something from this business but the first thing I want to say is that you should not restrict yourself to ebooks at all. Enter Amazon, browse their book section and you will realize that crazy topics are making big money for people. Mk82 has given you a lead, it is left to you to follow your own path. Cookbooks are good, but come on, their are other stuffs.

I won't say I have made a lot, but I have learnt a lot. The most painful lesson is how some reviews can really screw you up really fast. But we must not relent and we must keep putting more books on the market.

What I would just advice is that we must concentrate on quality. You don't just churn out books because you want to reach certain numbers. Like I said, the reviews will catch up with you. Sometimes, what people will complain about are not your fault. And trust me, it is very painful.

The life of your average author is really sweet. A freelancer or contractor must keep bidding everyday. Your friend that has a job in an oil company must turn up every time. But you can just sit at home, make a list of your schedule, do things at your own pace and still make far more money than all of them. THANK GOD FOR THIS RECESSION. It's kind of not fair! If you ask me.

I am still learning the ropes, but the future looks bright. MK82, you try!

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
abodundef:

MK82 has helped solved the problem i was having in loading my manuscripts. Now the book is available in Kindle store.
My book is on Christian religion.
if you are having issues with loading manuscripts with pictures, all you need do is to zip the manuscripts after converting it to HTML, then upload. try it.

Okay that is great, I know about zip n other methods of producing book on kdp.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
AgreatMan:
Well, I just thought I should drop some thoughts about this eBook stuff.

Writing an eBook and making some money from it makes it looks as if it is unfair to other people who work hard from 8-5 and receive way less than what you earn, while you basically do nothing.

Mk82 has given us all some nice tips about making something from this business but the first thing I want to say is that you should not restrict yourself to ebooks at all. Enter Amazon, browse their book section and you will realize that crazy topics are making big money for people. Mk82 has given you a lead, it is left to you to follow your own path. Cookbooks are good, but come on, their are other stuffs.

I won't say I have made a lot, but I have learnt a lot. The most painful lesson is how some reviews can really screw you up really fast. But we must not relent and we must keep putting more books on the market.

What I would just advice is that we must concentrate on quality. You don't just churn out books because you want to reach certain numbers. Like I said, the reviews will catch up with you. Sometimes, what people will complain about are not your fault. And trust me, it is very painful.

The life of your average author is really sweet. A freelancer or contractor must keep bidding everyday. Your friend that has a job in an oil company must turn up every time. But you can just sit at home, make a list of your schedule, do things at your own pace and still make far more money than all of them. THANK GOD FOR THIS RECESSION. It's kind of not fair! If you ask me.

I am still learning the ropes, but the future looks bright. MK82, you try!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tip. However, I have two books in the system. I made two sales and since that, it has been there. I also have over 382 Kenp Reads on one book and over 182 on another. However, I wanted to know what I can do to improve sales.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
MY KDP, CREATESPACE EXPERIENCE .
My experience while publishing kdp and createspace has been very interesting. Currently, I have two books in the system both at createspace and Kdp. Both books were formatted by me from the beginning to the end. I have learnt a lot though, I am still learning till now. I have made two sales so far now. However, I want to write more books, keywords based books. From the beginning, I have one problem, i wanted to make picture books for diet, when I made the book, I uploaded it on the platform and when I did, the book is displayed but the picture has the sign of a Camera without the picture. I was discouraged, but I was pushing for a higher goal. I made alot of research on YouTube. And after many days, I got that when making picture book, you can't have text wrapped around pictures but must be above and below the picture only. So after many days of trying and discouragement i got it. But that was not all. When I released the book, I got a warning from Amazon, that my account will be banned. I contacted MK82 and he told me to re-eidited my work. That was another big discouragement. I edited and got tired. Then I signed on and paid $10 USD for copyscape. When I did, I saw that there was plagiarism content in my book. If I had uploaded it, Amazon will have terminated my account. I check it and re-edited it. I will resound again the wisdom of MK82 when he said, if you are serious about this business, then you need copy scape. Finally, my book was published.

On creastpace, I needed to learn how to make cover and my interior. I search and searched and finally I got a video from a woman in the UK by the name India Drumman and that settled it for me. When I did published my book, I got my cover rejected 3 three times. I got To know that your pictures on create space must never overlap else it will be rejected. Never put spine text on your cover when your interior is less than 101 pages. Make sure to always turn off the guide, before converting your converting to pdf. When you do so, it will be of great help to you. If you don't turn off the guide, I mean the template that you downloaded from createspace, your cover will be rejected. Concerning pictures book on creastpace, make sure you print with a pdf program, I use Foxit reader and I print not create pdf. When I did one, I noticed that printing your documents with the software gives your picture the maximum 300 dpi. To print, go to word, file, print. In the print section, when it shows you your printer, select Foxit reader and click on print. Lastly, before you insert your pictures for print and it will generate a pdf file for you. Make sure that your pictures are 300 DPI and makes sure that you don't resize them in word. Besides that, insert pictures and don't touch them, make sure that they are centered.

I am still learning much more about Keywords category. Please if there is any form of contribution on key word and category , I will appreciate it. God bless MK82, the initiator of kdp in Nairaland and Bros 12345 for caring on the touch and opening this thread as well.

Share your experience, it will be greatly appreciated. I still need more understand on keywords and category.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AgreatMan: 9:00am On Dec 26, 2016
AncientTimes:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tip. However, I have two books in the system. I made two sales and since that, it has been there. I also have over 382 Kenp Reads on one book and over 182 on another. However, I wanted to know what I can do to improve sales.

I do createspace not kdp
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by AncientTimes: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
AgreatMan:

I do createspace not kdp

Why? Only createspace? I think you should consider KDP. How is your sales like. I mean, a rough estimate on a monthly basis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.