Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra (46685 Views)

David Cameron Prays At Sikh Temple After Attending Redeemed Church London Vigil / Uke Adoration Today 7th Still Well Populated / Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by mathskill: 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
If they were quickly taken to hospital they might have survived
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
I called uke some seconds ago and i was told the stampede was caused when a parked motorcycle felled and caught fire from a woman frying akara and this lead to a stampede. People should not politicise everything and the event is not by fr mbaka.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
OTITO DIRI JESU

But do you know you stand a greater chance of getting robbed, maimed or killed in one of these crusades than getting healed or delivered from anything??

But people have been attending crusades since they were born and their life remains the same..
Choi nawaoh

5 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mgbadike80: I called uke some seconds ago and i was told the stampede was caused when a parked motorcycle felled and caught fire from a woman frying akara and this lead to a stampede. People should not politicise everything and the event is not by fr mbaka.

Akara koo, Potato ni. Abegiii.....

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by simdam500(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
is this True

and less i forgot, wat the meaning of
followed by chants of ‘Onwa, Onwa’.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Zet72(m): 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
This is one of the reason I have warned anyone close to me to stay away from Roman catholic church., No mater how bad a Pentecostal church is thy can never allow politician to campaign in their vigil grand
It very dishearting how a reverend father will allow a politician to even near they gate let alone giving him Mic to speak to people who gathered for a vigil. Oh how I with I was there, by now that ode would've been dead.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
As grievious as this occurence may look, the most heart rendering part will be the SPIN/DISTORTION/LIES/OBFUSCATION the Obi/Obiano camp will put on this terrible issue

Their Nairaland E-squad have not been sighted since this news broke leading credence to it being TRUE

Oh God let not the wicked escape the swiftness of thy fury!

RIP to the Dead!
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Zet72(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
funshint:
Its normal protocol if a Gov comes 2 a place(church) and he wishes 2 give an address, he would be allowed 2 as a sign of respect. But Obi's desperation is fast catching up on him!
Says who? Please I'm angry
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Reference(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
What's that proverb again about bringing a termite infested wood into your compound... That pastor or whatever he is should be held totally responsible. He is an accessory.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Zet72: This is one of the reason I have warned anyone close to me to stay away from Roman catholic church., No mater how bad a Pentecostal church is thy can never allow politician to campaign in their vigil grand
It very dishearting how a reverend father will allow a politician to even near they gate let alone giving him Mic to speak to people who gathered for a vigil. Oh how I with I was there, by now that ode would've been dead.

You must be very stupid!!did GEJ not attend the RCCG convention! Bloody idiaaat

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
mathskill: If they were quickly taken to hospital they might have survived
in real life situations ppl do what comes to then naturally first besides the crowd was likely still outside so they can't rush them. Also the hospitals listed are very far from the community. Nigerians have this annoying habit of panicking needlessly. I was once in a luxurious bus when it caught fire while running on at high speed at zuba on the outskirt of abuja, the shouting and panic was just uncalled for. It took me and one other copper to shout them down. We need to learn how to be calm and clear headed in events like this.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Arysexy(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Zet72: This is one of the reason I have warned anyone close to me to stay away from Roman catholic church., No mater how bad a Pentecostal church is thy can never allow politician to campaign in their vigil grand

Iti boribo! So GEJ dat visited and knelt down before pastor adeboye during Holy Ghost convention na for catholic church e happen?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nnewi1stSon: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

Did GEJ campaign there? Ewu Congo.

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ceejay80s(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
Bossforeva: Unban me first bro! O.k many parties, have been coming to the crusade ground for campaigns, in the name of seeking his blessings, am sure A.C came yesterday. O.k the party that came last night begins with the first letter of the alphabet and ends with same.
u dey fear to call pdp? U no fear God, na human being u dey fear, men of little faith, ur going to the vigil na waste

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
are u expressing ur frustration as a failed pentecostal pastor? Politicians attend pentecostal events and it's well reported in the news media. I dont want to call names and i have said it before that i have called uke and the stampede was caused by a fallen motorcycle catching fire from an akara seller. I called uke and i got it from the horses mouth. Nairaland moderators are trying hard to tarnish the image of peter obi but it would not work for them.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by slimmingcare(f): 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
MAY GOD SAVE NIGERIA
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Jenkizo: 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
I have said it before and I will say it again that Peter Obi is a propagandist that rigged his second term election. Every reasonable people in Anambra knew Willie Obiano cannot rule Anambra. Ngige is who they want. I believe this time around Obi will still label the killings of innocent people at the prayer ground the handiwork of APC and Ngige after using the deportation saga as a campaign. Obi's romance with Jonathan calls for concern. No matter what people says on NL cannot change a thing in Anambra State. Even at the debate on AIT people were booing Willie Obiano and praising Ngige. Anambra people are craving for Ngige and nothing else. Why don't Obi respect the wishes of his people. How can a Governor orchestrate the killings of his own people because they rejected his stooged candidate? That is a question to be answered another day. Onwa! Onwa!
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by matzoro(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
the stampede started after the closing prayer have been said and when d people wia about to move out some1 raised a 'fire' alarm and people panicked.
If u dnt believe me u can try to confirm frm ppl dat wia dia when it happened...bt we knw dat ppl believe only wat they want to.

The campgain train have already left like an hour and half b4 it happened.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Arysexy(m): 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Did GEJ campaign there? Ewu Congo.

So pastor bakare never campaigned in d church? Pastor chris Okotie did not?

Do u remember one Dr mbadunuju? Did he not campaign in pentecostal church gatherings?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Zet72(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

U are an iredeemable idiotic fool,. Did GEJ went there for campaign?, Once again, ur moronic brain is given to for reasoning, make use of it next u want quote me
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by coolted(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
Ha
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Willdidi(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
And how many catholic churches hav invited politicians to come campaign during a crusade held @ nite, I want to believe u r enlighten so consider ur statements b4 coming on public forums, if I'm not mistaken close to 50% or even more of the state r catholics so if a serving governors comes to an occassion and say he wants to address ppl of d state d priest should walk him out or what? If any body new his presence (the governor) will lead to so many deaths I'm sure he wouldn't have bother to show up @ d venue cos dis incident is not in any way help d person he is campaighing for or even his political party. RIP to d death such an unfortunate incident which I believe could hav been prevented.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
Arysexy:

So pastor bakare never campaigned in d church? Pastor chris Okotie did not?

Do u remember one Dr mbadunuju? Did he not campaign in pentecostal church gatherings?
Dr mbadinuju was a bible touting pentecostal, quoting the bible and opening fellowships everywhere yet he is the most heartless and wicked governor this country have known. That man is just plain evil.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
May d souls of d faithful departed rest in peace.
Dats wat hapens wen human beings dnt reasonin wit deir thinkin faculty... He didnt even cum 4 d crusader rather 4 his stupid nd evil campaign, with his thugs. Nigeria wch way forward?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
Zet72: U are an iredeemable idiotic fool,. Did GEJ went there for campaign?, Once again, ur moronic brain is given to for reasoning, make use of it next u want quote me
so going there on national tv to kneel in front of the bishop when his opponent is a well known islamic hardliner with a pentecostal pastor as a running mate is not campaigning to u. Use ur sense.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Zet72(m): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2013
Arysexy:

Iti boribo! So GEJ dat visited and knelt down before pastor adeboye during Holy Ghost convention na for catholic church e happen?
Hey nitwit next time u want to quote me, first consult ur dictionary& know the meaning of " Campaign" & kneeling down for prayer......Ode
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by kinharold(m): 3:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
Like seriously, I dont understand this new wave of Catholic Rev. Fathers running one Ministry or the other and organizing crusades and vigils. We Igbos have very high regards for Rev Fathers but my worry now is that some jobbers are now already taking advantage of it to deceive people. My friend used to attend one called Prof in Lagos, near trade fair along Badagry expressway. He is on dreadlocks and claim to be a former Mass Servant, he disappear for many years and later appeared as a Rev, Prophet called Prof and doing mighty miracles.

The Reverend Father (God bless His Ministry) shouldn't have allowed the Governor to use his Altar as a political campaign podium in the first place. Was he expecting that all the worshipers belonged to APGA or does he himself belong to APGA?

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by papil: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
Bossforeva: Rev Father Ejike Mbaka alias 'Ebube Muonso' the founder of Adoration Ministries, organised a night vigil yesterday in Anambra State. A political party, which i won't disclose it name for some reasons, came that same night, in the name of coming to get his blessings. If you are familiar with Adoration Ministry, u'll know how multitudes, troop in for their crusades and vigils. Yesterday was not left out, so great a number of people came for the vigil. When it was now over, a political party hijacked the whole thing, using the advantage of the number of people that gathered, to campaign. During this fracas, people were now rushing through the exit. There was a stampede and many fell on it. Later over 20 person comprising of adults and children that were victims of this rush were picked from several places in the crusade ground. They were gathered and prayed for, splinkling holy water at them. Heard some revived. Shortly after this, over 20 that were still motionless after the whole prayer were taken to the hospital, this morning it was learnt that none of them woke up. They were all declared dead. This might have been averted, if there was no campaign at all yester-night.big big lies,aithough some people were confirmed dead most of wat U̶̲̥̅̊ said are big fat lies,I was there life & infact Peter Obi & his friends had nothing 2 do wit d stampede,yes stampede cos d population was so so much,& infact Apga & their supporters had left at least 1 hour 45minutes b/4 d sad incident occured,so better don't say wat U̶̲̥̅̊ don't knw.

http://247ureports.com
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
Zet72: U are an iredeemable idiotic fool,. Did GEJ went there for campaign?, Once again, ur moronic brain is given to for reasoning, make use of it next u want quote me

You and your entire lineage are imbecilic fools.So the priest should have stopped Peter obi from attending the crusade because he is a Governor or because the election is approaching? The report of it been an electoral campaign is unsubstantiated.The catholic church remains non-partisan as far as politics is concerned.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Seriousbusiness: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

GEJ went to RCCG for prayer and no stampede occurred.
He did not mount the podium to campaign.
Also he did not donate 2m or 5m for any pastor openly.
Thank you .

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Zet72(m): 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mgbadike80: so going there on national tv to kneel in front of the bishop when his opponent is a well known islamic hardliner with a pentecostal pastor as a running mate is not campaigning to u. Use ur sense.
once again look up to ur dictionary for the meaning of " Campaign" & going to house of God for " Prayers " .....
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by viexcey(f): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
But why must you lie? The stampede began after the whole prayer when people are leaving. The whole thing started when someone shouted akara oill and people started rushing back.
#always say the truth because it will surely set you free or simply keep quite if you don't really know what happened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know / General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.