Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra (46683 Views)

David Cameron Prays At Sikh Temple After Attending Redeemed Church London Vigil / Uke Adoration Today 7th Still Well Populated / Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Proxytalk: 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
Pls whoever that is the mod. to this section should be sacked. How can you allow a cooked up stories to make front pg without proper verification. I first received the news with mixed feeling cos Obi da i knw dont go with thugs or much security. Then i put a call to some1 that attended the vigil, he only told me that peter obi left earlier b4 he left and that as @ the time he (my friend) left nothing of such happened. This election cant be won on lies. and people behind this shuld be investigated
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Ikpeanthony(m): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
may God deliver us from wicked politicians in this country
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
@op, Lies! Lies! Lies! Every liar is in the danger of hell fire. What do people gain by fostering and peddling lies.

Even channels TV in its 7pm news today, confirmed that gov Obi had already left the venue before the unfortunate incident. They even showed when he visited the survivors at the hospital.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
slowpoke politicians have used human sacrifice to win election but they will fail...
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
jusRadical: @op, Lies! Lies! Lies! Everydliar is in the danger of hell fire. What do people gain by fostering and peddling lies.

Even channels TV in its 7pm news today, confirmed that gov Obi had already left the venue before the unfortunate incident. They even showed when he visited the survivors at the hospital.
I

Sharrap. Will they report he was there when ithappened. in this case, only an unbiased eye witnesd account is acceptable...
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by clemtony(m): 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
I can't see wy pple will be taken away their choice with power. To hell with dem,cos 4 me ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅♏ not voting 4 any one
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Kingsley1000(m): 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
o'boy:
my sister just came back from the vigil some hours back and confirmed the news,obi is really qite and a wicken human beign,the crowds were screaming onwa,so his goons gave the crowd a chase flogging them,people fell i the process and were stampeded to death,obi God must surely judge you,is this the new measure you want to take in reducing ngige's voters,by killing them?idemili shall haunt you forever,,,ideenna have spoken
*dumbfounded*is unfortunate.Rip to the deads
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
okpara ugo: I

Sharrap. Will they report he was there when ithappened. in this case, only an unbiased eye witnesd account is acceptable...

Must you show how unruly you are? At your age, you are still resorting to insults. Must you display your street upbringing every where you go to? Why can't you ask people to teach you how to communicate decently and maturedly without displaying your lack of BASIC (Beginners All Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) home training?

Even people that claimed that they were there said that gov Obi had left earlier before the horrific incidence but still your jaundiced mind will not hear them.

For channels tv we say is a western (yoruba) media house to show gov Obi at the hospital visiting the victims and also reported that he had gone long before the incidence casts a shadow on the credibility of the poster.

If it was the other way round, at least either the host priest or Ngige's campaign group would have come on air to counter this: at least gov Obi has gone on air.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Cuche: 8:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Government Lodge is busy this evening. A lot of driving in and out.
Very soon the Police will issue a statement exonerating Obi.

The media group of the continuity campaign group are also coming with their version

Money must exchange hands, case closed.
I don't trust the Police reports, Nigerian Police? No, I don't trust their investigation.

It is sad. RIP
APGA! Please stop campaigning in Churches.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by gal10(f): 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
If this is true then obiano is in trouble next week as this just spoilt his campaign! Btwn why is it now obi noticed the erosion and is donating the 2/5M to d church?? Smh !

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
okpara ugo: I

Did u just listen to AIT now (if at all you have a tv set)? Each party is trying to optimise the incidence, dig it?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Bossforeva: I'm in Anambra State and got many devout catholics here, so dn't expect me 2 say "my source is vanguard" cox the root of any news is the original reporter. Meanwhile tis nt sauce, sauce is used in cooking.
Thanks
You are a habitual lier. Nothing good has ever come from you to Nairaland.
Stop spreading this your low mentality false information here.

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Kingsley1000(m): 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
o'boy:
you think it is fake?now see what obiano said about it,and tell us if its fake or not
Chief Willie Obiano:
My people, it's so sad that people have heated
up the Anambra polity to the point of using
the death of our beloved brethren to
scavenge for public opinion. Now I call that
callous and evil! My supporters have never
been known for violence and will never be.
Remember that he who throws a stone into
the market will hurt his own kinsman. My
heart goes to families that lost their loved
ones, I mourn with you. May the souls of the
faithful departed rest in peace with our Lord.
Amen.
IS TRUE OBIANO SAID SO,BUT WHO ARE THE PERPETRATORS,was it obi's thug or his rival?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
emmydeep:

Please ask the him. What do people stand to gain in spreading lies? Mr emmydeep tell me what you have to gain be peddling lies? Don't sell your soul to the devil decause of useless politics: it doesn't worth it.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by paveinc(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Zet72: This is one of the reason I have warned anyone close to me to stay away from Roman catholic church., No mater how bad a Pentecostal church is thy can never allow politician to campaign in their vigil grand
It very dishearting how a reverend father will allow a politician to even near they gate let alone giving him Mic to speak to people who gathered for a vigil. Oh how I with I was there, by now that ode would've been dead.
GEJ at d redeem ground b4 his election.think b4 u comment.thank you..

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by emiye(m): 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
Which kind person go dey fry akara by 3:00am? Abegi, the truth is not yet out.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by funshint(m): 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2013
Now it's been established that d story is true. Atleast obi and obiano hv confirmed that they were their, right! So the question is; what caused their death?! Why d high level of desperation that would hv led Obi/ano 2 turn night vigils 2 campaign grounds? Finally why d senseless give away of anambra tax payers money all in d name of election?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
Martin Nworah: The Holy Ghost Adoration Ground which is located at Uke town in Anambra State is one of the biggest Catholic prayer groups in Anambra State officiated and managed by Fr. Obimma(Ebube Muonso). The stampede that has caused several false claims from many quarters is quite alarming and it is as a result of this that I'm giving a detailed account of events that transpired.
Peter Obi,Willie Obiano and the APGA team left the Adoration ground around 3 or 4 am in the morning while the incident happened at the end of the adoration service. After the final blessings and as people will slowly marching to the exit, a mole;supposedly someone positioned at the exit to raise the alarm,started shouting fire fire fire fire from the outside of the arena. Given the large numbers of people slowly moving out of the ground,they hurriedly began rushing back into the adoration ground to avoid the fire;a fire which many of them didn't even see.
This caused many of them to be wounded and I was lucky nothing happened to people close to me. Some fainted while others lost consciousness. When the stampede subsided,the bodies were gathered and were prayed for. Many of them rose up after the prayers and sprinkling of the holy water while the remaining were taken to Crown Hospital while one was taken to St. Charles Borromeo hospital Onitsha. Many of the unconscious are regaining stability as at now and we thank God that some professed dead are returning to life;this has brought some amount of joy in front of Crown hospital. This is an individual report and has nothing to do with any political party. This is the state of things and how it occurred at Uke. Bodies numbering between 10 and 30 were carried away from the ground but official statistics and reports is yet to be released from the Adoration ground or from the hospital.
tell them
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ikanason(m): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
I was there till the end of everything, this story is fake its not how it happened. Peter obi left around after 3am, then when the prayer ended around after 5 to 6am people were rushing out to get early buses so on the process of that one woman that use to sell fry yam and other fry things pour the used oil inside the fire, so people started to run on the process of that some were falling and many are also falling ontop of them. Thats how it happened... Rest in peace to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
funshint: Now it's been established that d story is true. Atleast obi and obiano hv confirmed that they were their, right! So the question is; what caused their death?! Why d high level of desperation that would hv led Obi/ano 2 turn night vigils 2 campaign grounds? Finally why d senseless give away of anambra tax payers money all in d name of election?

If the host priest allowed them to speak at the venue, who are you to question them. Did Obi force his way to the podium? Is there any human law regulating what one should say at such a setting?

How are you sure that it wasn't those opposed to Obi that cause the problem? Gov Obi as a catholic has the right to attend any catholic program of his choice.

Obi I gathered is a catholic and would be foolish to follow the footsteps of former gov Ohakim. The story doesn't add up. How do you think that catholics that came for a vigil will start shouting onwa? Think deeply about this.

People will always politicise every event. Even the news that GEJ boarded the same chopper with Amechi has been politicised. Even those who were not with them in the chopper have come up with different lies. If they have have flown in a chopper before, they would know that it is usually noisy up there and people use ear muffs. Moreover how long is it from PH to Okrika and what would the discuss within the short time.

I am not campaigning for Obi here but people should learn how to state things as the truely happened. I am for the truth.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by delishpot: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
People faint, instead of them to take them go hospital, dem dey open their body dey pray. Stupidity from the priest and his zombie followers. People that God has abandoned are decieving those that dont know God.
When has God turned politician? Can they tell me God's party? Dem dey bless who God never choose.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Parishpriest1: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
People should say what they know. What does one stands to benefit from peddling rumours? We always like hitting the polity. The whole saga was caused by multitude of people that attended the all night vigil. The faithfuls that were in the main bowl couldn't exercise some patience for others outside to pave way for them to leave. When they impatiently started leaving with the people that were outside, they mistakingly fell an akara flying pan filled with grountnut oil. The stuff caught fire and people started running helter skelter, which resulted in an uncrontrollable stampede. Peter Obi came for the all night as well, and as the governor of the state, he was given mic to greet his subjects. He did no campaign there.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Cuche: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
HOT OIL, FRYING PAN, MOTOCYCLE FIRE, not logical cause, APGA should shut up or find another thing to say. We are no fools to entertain those type of stories.I suggest they can say Mysterious Fire.

How could a woman be frying yam in a church ground? For who by 4,5a.m.
How will old oil poured to fire become petrol? Is it miracle of turning vegetable oil to petrol?

How will a burning motorcycle burning in the open field cause stampede?

The natural thing to do even if the story of a woman pouring old oil to her firewood is true is to use water to reduce the fire if she considers it much. That fire can't frighten people as to cause stampede.

The only logical reason why people will scamper for safety given the circumstances is Bomb explosion or gun shots or explosion from other causes or mysterious appearances. I expect the police to tailor the investigations to finding the culprits. And APGA people must be brought to help in the investigation.

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by dozzygr8(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
chinjo: Long live Reverend Father Obimma Emmanuel. May God continue to increase ur annointing IJN. How many men of God can reject a donation of N2 million but he did it cause his ministry is to win souls for Christ and not to make money.
Off point! If u dnt have any meaningful contribution, y nt keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ifechez: 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
funshint: Now it's been established that d story is true. Atleast obi and obiano hv confirmed that they were their, right! So the question is; what caused their death?! Why d high level of desperation that would hv led Obi/ano 2 turn night vigils 2 campaign grounds? Finally why d senseless give away of anambra tax payers money all in d name of election?

goat like you. how is this lie a truth?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by SalC: 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
Contradicting reports all over. Now whose report shall we believe?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
emmydeep:
Imp!
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Ritzzy(f): 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
Clerverly:

O dikwa egwu oooo!

http://247ureports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG01263-20131102-1014.jpg

you took a picture of what happened.......i was there my self i couldn't stand to watch.......CROWNS HOSPITAL is filled up right now.......it was so scary.......OMG.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Ritzzy(f): 11:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
Cuche: HOT OIL, FRYING PAN, MOTOCYCLE FIRE, not logical cause, APGA should shut up or find another thing to say. We are no fools to entertain those type of stories.I suggest they can say Mysterious Fire.

How will old oil poured to fire become petrol? Is it miracle of turning vegetable oil to petrol?

The natural thing to do even if the story of a woman pouring old oil to her firewood is true is to use water to reduce the fire if she considers it much. That fire can't frighten people as to cause stampede.

The only logical reason why people will scamper for safety given the circumstances is Bomb explosion or gun shots or explosion from other causes or mysterious appearances. I expect the police to tailor the investigations to finding the culprits. And APGA people must be brought to help in the investigation.
....my dr....people started falling before the stampede.......in my own observation i think it was a gas leak....teargass and some other chemical....which also affected the fire from the firewood.......what ever the case may be.......the ? Still remains what was HE doin their.......its like Rev knew what was going to happen cause he said no1 should go home yet....but as people started falling,people started running in fear.......
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
I sincerely sympathize with the families of the dead but my question has been and will always be: why must people deprive themselves of sleep in the name of religion, what have the dead achieved now that they have died in a very horrific manner all in the name of god.
why do they never learn?
our level of ignorance is Just monumental
dont regret not going to Church for five years now
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Ritzzy(f): 12:08am On Nov 03, 2013
Lobeez: I sincerely sympathize with the families of the dead but my question has been and will always be: why must people deprive themselves of sleep in the name of religion, what have the dead achieved now that they have died in a very horrific manner all in the name of god.
why do they never learn?
our level of ignorance is Just monumental
dont regret not going to Church for five years now
sori dr... But shame on you for what you just said....this is individual differences....we all have our beliefs...hold on to yours and leave them to theirs.......thanks.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by bishop4life(m): 12:14am On Nov 03, 2013
Cuche: HOT OIL, FRYING PAN, MOTOCYCLE FIRE, not logical cause, APGA should shut up or find another thing to say. We are no fools to entertain those type of stories.I suggest they can say Mysterious Fire.

please wen u got news dat u werent present at, seek d truth. We dat are present there knows wat hapen, adoration ground is no church.its only a crusade ground, and there are dozens of poeple fryin tins along the road dat serves as exit towards d bus stops. Hundreds of thousands of persons attended d vigil since friday was all saints day which is holiday for catolics and saturday being all souls on which we pray for all d dead.am no politician and infact is not a fan to any of d flag bearers,i even dont lik mr peter personaly(you can check my comment history), but for d sake of truth which we all deserve i decided to drop dis comment that this information is misleading, that the stampede was as a result of rush to get to d bus afta dismisal.and that peter obi and obiano's attendance has notin to do wit d stampede as they hav left before they stampede...please op try to correct ur mistake... U didnt even giv d source of dis ur news. I mean hw can sum1 write about sumtin he didnt witness witout specifyin his source?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biography Of Dr Pastor Paul Enenche, Dunamis International Founder / General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.