Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,139 members, 7,821,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra (46690 Views)

David Cameron Prays At Sikh Temple After Attending Redeemed Church London Vigil / Uke Adoration Today 7th Still Well Populated / Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by juman(m): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
nigeria!!!!!!!!!
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
@kinharold, do u expect him to walk away the governor from addressing the crowd. I have called uke and i can boldly tell u that the stampede was caused by a fire alarm not by any politician.many pentecostal pastors often claim to be ex mass servant, block rosary crusader or charismatic that does not make them to be less pentecostal. They just use it to draw members examples are lazarus muoka lord chosen charismatic church and watchman charismatic church.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
[quote author=papil][/quote] repost ur write up and don't put it with the braces of the original post but after it
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Zet72(m): 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
chukwudi44:

You are your entire lineage are imbecilic fools.So the priest should have stopped Peter obi from attending the crusade because he is a Governor or because the election is approaching? The report of it been an electoral campaign is unsubstantiated.The catholic church remains non-partisan as far as politics is concerned.
If I handle u I swear u will course the woman that birthed u......ikwekwala ka alu meegi
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by obailala(m): 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
Peter Obi made donation of N2million to the Reverend Father. The Father rejected it and ask him to give that to the poor whom he have starved for years.

shocked shocked shocked
Didnt know we still had this type of pastors in Nigeria
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
RIP to the dead.
I blame the catholic church,religion shouldn't be mixed with politics.
I dnt knw hw much Adaobi gives them for all these,now innocent people are dying cos of campaign.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nairaland moderators are trying very hard to tarnish the images of peter obi and obiano besides the op said that ngige gap attended the same event before.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Harmvirus(f): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
ichommy:

Are you for real? I thank God for your life.
My brother, thank God o..I was half-way home when it happened..
IYA NGBALI: wetin you go find there?I am sure you go pray for husband grin grin
Lol, I went to pray for Nigeria grin
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by inikamoze(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
"Heads rituals for electioneering" has earnestly begun....My people sef..SMH!!
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by plaetton: 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
chidyhels: RIP to the dead.
I dnt knw hw much Adaobi gives them for all these,now innocent people are dying cos of campaign.

Thank you Jare.
Everyone is putting blame in the wrong place.
If there was no f...ing religious crusade, these would have been alive.

Why didn't the fxxxxing god prevent or save them from this disaster?

How long ,Africans, shall we continue to stagnate and die because of all this toxic middle eastern trash bequeated to us long ago by those who came to exploit and enslave us?

For how long? undecided embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
chidyhels: RIP to the dead.
tell me ur church and i will probable name a public official that have attended or probable talked at one of ur events. The stampede was started by a fire alarm. Don't turn this into a catholic versus protestant bashing thread. Once again nairaland muslim moderators would be very happy to see ur post. Imaro na agha uche ka ana anu ebea?
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Harmvirus(f): 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
plaetton:

Thank you Jare.

How long ,Africans, shall we continue to stagnate and die because of all this toxic middle eastern trash bequeated to us long ago by those who came to exploit and enslave us?

What's this one saying?

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Mgbadike80: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
plaetton:

Thank you Jare.

nwanne, i de feel u but this is not the right time and place for pan africanism. Lets leave it for another day in another thread.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mgbadike80: I called uke some seconds ago and i was told the stampede was caused when a parked motorcycle felled and caught fire from a woman frying akara and this lead to a stampede. People should not politicise everything and the event is not by fr mbaka.
So you think a motorcycle which caught fire can cause a stampede? Can you hear yourself speak? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by plaetton: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
Harmvirus:
What's this one saying?

That your stupid fxxxing religion is , as always, the culprit.

Yesterday boko haram killed 120, today 20 die in Anambra.

Why?
Because of all this fxxxing god shyt.
Where was god?
Taking a short nap, or enjoying a good night sleep like these dead folks should have been doing?.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by viexcey(f): 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
#Op,you are misforming people. Firstly, its not father Mbaka. Secondly, the prayer has already closed,and thirdly, stampede can happen when there is population and there is unusual rush.
Please get your fact right and leave peter obi,catholic church out of it.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by 3ace(m): 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
The Father rejected it and ask him to give that to the poor whom he have starved for years.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Mgbadike80: tell me ur church and i will probable name a public official that have attended or probable talked at one of ur events. The stampede was started by a fire alarm. Don't turn this into a catholic versus protestant bashing thread. Once again nairaland muslim moderators would be very happy to see ur post. Imaro na agha uche ka ana anu ebea?

hey!
I wasnt at the crusade to acertain the truth in op's story.
But am a catholic,frm anambra too. So i knw wat am saying when i say the catholic church in anambra is mixing politics with religion.
As for the stampede,watever caused it,people lost their live in the mist of relgn and politics. Simple.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ezewudo(m): 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
Zet72: God punish u & that ur useless reverend for turning supposedly vigil into a political campaign grand, once again God punish u& that ur reverend father
my dear think bf u comment. I ave attended d adoration many times. D Rev in qstn is a kind of person dat calls a spade a spade. Wat d op posted isnt wat happened, d post is fabricated. D gov left around 2:00am and d stampede happened around 5:45am. Rev.Fr Ebube muonso is nt useless, he is a devoted man of God dat uses his preaching for repentance to touch and change d lives of ppl.

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
So this is what APGA has turned Anambra into
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ZACHIE: 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
@Moderators
Please, adjust the title of this thread.
."night vigil" is alien to English language.
Vigil will suffice.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by ajodog(m): 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
But what is it that would make people take children to night vigil there by denialing them their night sleep. This is misinformation, am 4rm Anambra and a catholic. Politicians have left long before this incident. It was caused by HOT FLYING OIL THAT CAUGHT FIRE WITH A NEAR BY MOTORCYCLE

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by nurric(m): 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
I wonder why people sit on Internet to spread lies just to tarnish one's integrity. Gov.Obi and his team has left the prayer ground hours ago before the stampede.Why pass false information to the public just because of political gain. Please get your facts
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by 3ace(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
ZUBY77: Anybody who takes a child to all night vigil and deprived him or her of sleep should be jailed.

And if the same person happens to be living with the child alone and he/she decides to leave the child at home and something happens to the child, you crucify the person again, abi? Most children I see at vigils are allowed to sleep except those that don't feel like sleeping. So I don't know where children are deprived of sleep during vigil.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by obillyj(f): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
chinjo: Long live Reverend Father Obimma Emmanuel. May God continue to increase ur annointing IJN. How many men of God can reject a donation of N2 million but he did it cause his ministry is to win souls for Christ and not to make money.

The priest didn't collect the money but why will he give him the podium (that's his office n he's authority there) to campaign? was that what people gathered for? the house of God has been turned into trash.
He didn't collect the money but he created the atmosphere by compromising God's time with his people. he too will be judged.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Orikinla(m): 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
I pity the Igbos of today.
They are like sheep without shepherd.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
The other story said it was fire from a woman frying akara, I wonder if she fried the akara overnight or she started as early as 4am in when the APGA team arrived.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Harmvirus(f): 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
obillyj:

The priest didn't collect the money but why will he give him the podium (that's his office n he's authority there) to campaign? was that what people gathered for? the house of God has been turned into trash.
He didn't collect the money but he created the atmosphere by compromising God's time with his people. he too will be judged.
Point of correction Peter Obi did not campaign cos I was there,he only addressed us as our Governor.. He is a catholic too so I don't see anything wrong with him attending a vigil
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by redsun(m): 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nigerians are very much in the dark,not even stone age people were as clueless. They were gatthered and prayed for instead quick cpr or a rush to the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by plaetton: 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2013
ajodog: nonsense! What are they looking 4 in prayer ground or vigils. Why are we so religious, now even politicians, pastors are using our heads through religion. This people have no conscious both Peter Obi, Ngige, Obiano etc. all of these popular candidates are not after our own good but 4 their selfish interest. But what is it that would make people take children to night vigil there by denialing them their night sleep

I tire o.

It is very funny how everyone is trying to blame one political party or another,no one is blaming this cancerous state of mind called religion.

Why is no one blaming the lack of common sense?

Is religion so sacrosanct to our culture that even when it is turning us into walking vegetables, walking zombies and former shadows of our true humanity, that we dare not take even a brief moment to reflect on why we need these middle eastern toxic materials, and of what benefit, if any at all, it has ever been to the African people?

Why are men, women and children doing night vigils instead of a healthy good night's sleep?
Why do women and children have a need to worship god in the night?
Is daytime worship no longer sufficient to placate this middle eastern god?

Is this middle eastern religion about hope, joy and harmony, or is it about fear and despair?

These are the critical questions we need to be asking.

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by airoport: 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2013
iamswizz: hmmm.. ur sauce?

'SOURCE' pls!
That's why d op complained of actors' bad English yesterday and all you could do was shout him down. See? Bad grammar/spelling et al.
Re: Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra by Zet72(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
obillyj:

That priest would've given an instant judgement by lynching him @ the sport for turning a prayer gathering into a political one, which letter resulted in the death dozens of peoplet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know / ā€˜iā€™m NOT JESUS!ā€ - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.