Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! (7494 Views)

Dear Seun Osewa;a Nairalander Writes.......... / Dear Seun,please Give It A Second Thought / Dear Seun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Olugbenger(m): 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: When I try to control them, people call me a tyrant and accuse me of chasing away the moderators that refused to be controlled. I don tire.
There are always people ready to do a better Job. Come on, no one is indispenisble.
Just get something done ; do the right thing.
I know you understand what we are talking about.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Olugbenger:
There are always people ready to do a better Job. Come on, no one is indispenisble.
Just get something done ; do the right thing.
I know you understand what we are talking about.

abi oh
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by psky: 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
Dhurmynick:

first time i see u type pidgin grin
they should be afraid of you, not the other way around.. You're in charge. that's what bosses do. you are the oga at the top.. you dont have to consult anybody before you do your stuff.. dem just dey proove stubbornness.

Now that I have gone past the funny side of your post, I think I'll have to do some criticizing.

Yes seun is the supreme boss but saying he should make mods scared of him is not helping matters at all. That's the same strategy some mods are using on us and we are definitely not happy with it.

Seun should not at all be aggressive or tyrannical with his mods but he should be assertive, that means he should not be feared but should be respected.
He should consult his mods when making decisions, seek advice and regularly have discussions with them on how to improve nairaland.

But the first step to take is appointing mods who are actually worthy of appointment, not because they have all the time in the world but because they are responsible and mature.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Avenger4NL(m): 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
deejay_harry1:

You can start over, you dont necessarily have to be the one that controls the mod . You should find someone you really trust here,YOUR MANNEST MAN then guide him on the ways of nairaland..after that u open up a thread and letting all mods , and even members know that power has changed , and a super super super mod has been employed... let that guy be the one to control the mods for a week or more without sentiments.. make you know if they no go change by force... ..

i would have recommended or advice you use murkina2 for the job, but the sentiments will still be there...

A NEW GUY, IS WHAT YOU WOULD NEED FOR THIS JOB

never tire brother.. your members dey ur back always, even if ur mods abandon you..
Even this approach still has its pros and cons. Monopoly has been taught severally and the disadvantages are more than not.
I still propose the idea of teams that are interchanged occasionally to prevent power-drunkenness. Healthy competitions could start from there and NL would be a better NL.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
psky:

Now that I have gone past the funny side of your post, I think I'll have to do some criticizing.

Yes seun is the supreme boss but saying he should make mods scared of him is not helping matters at all. That's the same strategy some mods are using on us and we are definitely not happy with it.

Seun should not at all be aggressive or tyrannical with his mods but he should be assertive, that means he should not be feared but should be respected.
He should consult his mods when making decisions, seek advice and regularly have discussions with them on how to improve nairaland.

But the first step to take is appointing mods who are actually worthy of appointment, not because they have all the time in the world but because they are responsible and mature.

on the scale of 100% ..the nice boss makes less impact.. But the ones who aren't scared to do things that that has to be done makes mine.. cause it lets the employees knw that they can easily be replaced therefore they have no choice than to follow the rule diligently.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
Avenger4NL:
Even this approach still has its pros and cons. Monopoly has been taught severally and the disadvantages are more than not.
I still propose the idea of teams that are interchanged occasionally to prevent power-drunkenness. Healthy competitions could start from there and NL would be a better NL.

i support this

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by isalegan2: 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: There was some training but they refused to complete it because they felt they did not need it and other mods kept derailing the training thread until I got fed up and gave up on it.

Seun: When I try to control them, people call me a tyrant and accuse me of chasing away the moderators that refused to be controlled. I don tire.

Goddamit, Seun. You are such a pússy. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
Avenger4NL:
I SUPPORT THIS TOO

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by psky: 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Dhurmynick:

on the scale of 100% ..the nice boss makes less impact.. But the ones who aren't scared to do things that that has to be done makes mine.. cause it lets the employees knw that they can easily be replaced therefore they have no choice than to follow the rule diligently.

It's not about being nice man, don't you get? It's about having a balance. Not being tyrannical does not mean you are nice.

You could be assertive, be in control, have your decisions be final, but at the same time not be hostile or aggressive to those under you.

That should be the balance.

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by REMMEI(m): 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
WHICH WAY NAIRALAND?..SEUN,AKO IGI O GBODO S'OJE..YOU ARE THE GOD OF NAIRALAND..DON'T LET ANY MOD INTIMIDATE YOU O..DO THE NEEDFUL SIRE AND STOP BEING AFRAID OF THE CONSEQUENCE..I LOVE THIS FORUM AND I DON'T PRAY FOR IT DOWNFALL..THEY CALLED YOU A TYRANT WHILE THEY KEEP TYRANNIZING WE MEMBERS..I WONDER HOW SOME PEOPLE IS GONNA BE IN THE REAL WORLD..SMH

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
psky:

It's not about being nice man, don't you get? It's about having a balance. Not being tyrannical does not mean you are nice.

You could be assertive, be in control, have your decisions be final, but at the same time not be hostile or aggressive to those under you.

That should be the balance.

Thrn it should be neutral..
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Seun(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
isale_gan2: Goddamit, Seun. You are such a pússy. undecided
I'm so sorry about this ma. embarassed I promise to not be a pussy anymore. cry
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: I'm so sorry about this ma. embarassed I promise to not be a pussy anymore. cry
ABI THEM DON HACK SEUN ACCOUNT NI??

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Seun(m): 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
Heh. Ok, that last post was a joke.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by isalegan2: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: I'm so sorry about this ma. embarassed I promise to not be a pussy anymore. cry

I'm worried about you. sad

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: Heh. Ok, that last post was a joke.
who are you, and what have you done with seun??
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Iaz93: 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
Seun! Seun! *taps him on the head* Seun, wake up! You're typing BS!
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by isalegan2: 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2013

I hope your previous 3 posts were all jokes. wink
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2013

grin
Do i knw u?
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
i fear.. just hope our very own seun is ok..

smiley
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Iaz93: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
Something's wrong somewhere. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Iaz93: Something's wrong somewhere. grin grin

abi. seun is one person i admire on Nairaland for seriousness. grin

he's well coordinated
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
Dhurmynick:

abi. seun is one person i admire on Nairaland for seriousness. grin

he's well coordinated
dosnt mean he cant have fun once in a while...

IM ENJOYING THIS NEW GUY

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by REMMEI(m): 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
ISWEARIGAWD..I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS'S SEUN..EGBAMI!!..BODA SEUN KILODE?
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Seun(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
I think this issue has been explored sufficiently. Let's lock the thread and move on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

What Has Happened To Blac Chyna's Butt? / Libraries Reclassified Z-library's Journey For All Inclusive Access / Canadian Words/Slangs and their meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.