Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! (7490 Views)

Dear Seun Osewa;a Nairalander Writes.......... / Dear Seun,please Give It A Second Thought / Dear Seun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by AbuMikey(m): 9:14am On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: There was some training but they refused to complete it because they felt they did not need it and other mods kept derailing the training thread until I got fed up and gave up on it.

You can't be serious?shocked

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Davo93(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: There was some training but they refused to complete it because they felt they did not need it and other mods kept derailing the training thread until I got fed up and gave up on it.
It looks like you no longer or you don't have control over your moderators. You, keep mentioning they are volunteers seems to me you don't kind of reward them for doing their job, hence, they feel they can do anything, anyhow and at any time.

My simple advice to you sir,

Change is the only constant thing anywhere in the world. The 'good' job done by these erring moderators in time past and present might be a major reason why you are reluctant to let them go, that is quite understandable. Notwithstanding, these guys are gradually folding this forum up. Yes! It might not be noticeable at the moment perhaps due to the population but i tell you, it is definately going to reflect in no time. If you doubt this, i challenge you to put up a poll and allow Nairalanders give their opinion about moderation here and by then, you will confirm what i am talking.

If any moderator thinks he/she is too big to be corrected or adviced, then i suppose such being is too big to moderate here. A lot of Nairalanders are complaining for crying out loud! Do you mean all of them are wrong??

Please do something, there are thousands, i mean thousands of Nairalanders out there that will do a better job.

Long Live Nairaland!

5 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by GSKing: 9:38am On Nov 09, 2013
Lol, atleast I'm now certain they behave like every other human...cheesy
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 09, 2013
Hehehe! That is wot will happen since it is a "boys scout/girls guide" work. If they r been paid, would they have tried derailing it

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by donphilopus: 9:54am On Nov 09, 2013
If your MODS could derail a plausible thread, what hope do we then have as Nairalanders?? They're still the Mods that would ban members for derailing a thread!!! SMH

So are you afraid to drop most of them??

4 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by eggheaders(m): 10:03am On Nov 09, 2013
Seun we want a super mod in politics section. The sexkid is grossly incompetent and afam is so tribalistic.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by donphilopus: 10:07am On Nov 09, 2013
eggheaders: Seun we want a super mod in politics section. The sexkid is grossly incompetent and afam is so tribalistic.
OAM4J should be made a Super-Mod, because his fellow MODs beneath him
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by psky: 10:31am On Nov 09, 2013
click2cbn: Hehehe! That is wot will happen since it is a "boys scout/girls guide" work. If they r been paid, would they have tried derailing it

I don't think it is just about them being paid, I think it started with the erroneous belief of the super-mods that appointing those who themselves could not be well-behaved members would solve problems on nairaland.

Here is an excerpt of a post by mukina herself on how the admin chose a mod.
"before he became a mod, he was one of the most banned persons on romance section, i banned and warned him a lot,we decided to try the 'michelin method' (turn a fighter into a lawmaker) and he became a mod"

https://www.nairaland.com/1129796/sexkillz-voted-moderator-year-2012#13344832

That was one of their biggest mistakes. Sure it might have seemed to work at first, but how about in the long-run?

How in the world can someone lead when he does not know how to follow?

And it's even more annoying when you see these same mods banning people for the things they do on a daily basis.

My advise to the super-mods would be to appoint only the most well-behaved members as mods, not those who get into fights every other day and who always get banned, because they are only going to carry that disturbing character into the mod job.

Rain beats the leopard's skin but it doesn't wash out it's spots, please listen to your members.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by homesteady(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2013
donphilopus: OAM4J should be made a Super-Mod, because his fellow MODs beneath him

Do you want to start a civil war?? grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2013
psky:

I don't think it is just about them being paid, I think it started with the erroneous belief of the super-mods that appointing those who themselves could not be well-behaved members would solve problems on nairaland.

Here is an excerpt of a post by mukina herself on how the admin chose a mod.
"before he became a mod, he was one of the most banned persons on romance section, i banned and warned him a lot,we decided to try the 'michelin method' (turn a fighter into a lawmaker) and he became a mod"

https://www.nairaland.com/1129796/sexkillz-voted-moderator-year-2012#13344832

That was one of their biggest mistakes. Sure it might have seemed to work at first, but how about in the long-run?

How in the world can someone lead when he does not know how to follow?

And it's even more annoying when you see these same mods banning people for the things they do on a daily basis.

My advise to the super-mods would be to appoint only the most well-behaved members as mods, not those who get into fights every other day and who always get banned, because they are only going to carry that disturbing character into the mod job.

Rain beats the leopard's skin but it doesn't wash out it's spots, please listen to your members.

WE STILL TALKING THE SAME THING, NOW TELL ME, IF THEY ARE BEEN PAID, WOULD THEY HAVE CONSIDERED MAKING A TROLL A MOD?
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Avenger4NL(m): 11:09am On Nov 09, 2013
My earnest advice sir (because I and every member that deems it fit to complain actually love ur good work though we feel you need assistance from much more matured & polite mods) is that you open & close a thread and put the names of the controversial mods in two places each(for & against) for members to vote by liking. It will help you to take an informed stand& ur customers(NLers) wud respect you n NL wud progress more.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 09, 2013
this thread isnt about sexkillz haters.. this thread is about power drunk mods...

so stop centering it down to only one mod...

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Avenger4NL(m): 11:14am On Nov 09, 2013
You have to take this issues seriously now b4 they actually degenerate and make you lose focus. You r a very busy man and these constant uproars will make ur work more n more difficult. That may not be fair to your well-being. You need peace of mind n am sure that is bin threatened every now & then by these frequent disturbances.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Avenger4NL(m): 11:16am On Nov 09, 2013
deejay_harry1: this thread isnt about sexkillz haters.. this thread is about power drunk mods...

so stop centering it down to only one mod...
Which is why I put controversial mods broda.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by psky: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2013
click2cbn: WE STILL TALKING THE SAME THING, NOW TELL ME, IF THEY ARE BEEN PAID, WOULD THEY HAVE CONSIDERED MAKING A TROLL A MOD?

Of course not, but I just don't think seun is going to be paying mods anytime soon.

We have tens of sections on nairaland, and some need nearly 24 hour surveillance.

How much do you think he could pay each mod?

I'm not one of those people who believe seun makes earth shattering money off this place, sure he makes some cool amounts, but not earth shattering.

So I'll like us to be reasonable here, how much do you think he could pay?
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 11:28am On Nov 09, 2013
eggheaders: Seun we want a super mod in politics section. The sexkid is grossly incompetent and afam is so tribalistic.

foreign affairs has the mod who hasn't been online in four months.. @ seun
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by duni04(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2013
Finally! Sexkillz, his gf and d oda incompetent a-hols parading as Mods, ur days are numbered!
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Avenger4NL(m): 11:46am On Nov 09, 2013
Avenger4NL:
My earnest advice sir (because I and every member that deems it fit to complain actually love ur good work though we feel you need assistance from much more matured & polite mods) is that you open & close a thread and put the names of the controversial mods in two places each(for & against) for members to vote by liking. It will help you to take an informed stand& ur customers(NLers) wud respect you n NL wud progress more.

On the contrary sir, I have played a little programming with my initial suggestion and its obvious to me that it can't work on NL due to the flexibility of account creation.
Thus another suggestion would be not to necessarily ban/suspend mods but to have two or more different teams of mods that are interchangeable every specific period of time and these may help assess mods or even bring competition amongst mods (you can decide to appreciate the efforts of those that do the work properly without threatening the very existence of the site).
This is an idea in hatchery and can be fine-tuned for betterment of all parties. smiley
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by lekkie073(m): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2013
so u got fed up trying to tame ur wild mods? inefficiency at its worst..... sad
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by whitemosquito(f): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2013
SO YOU CANT EVEN CONTROL YOUR MODS? Incredible! Now i see where the problem is... Na d oil wey dey flow from Aaron head na im go touch him beard..
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Seun(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2013
white mosquito: SO YOU CANT EVEN CONTROL YOUR MODS? Incredible! Now i see where the problem is... Na d oil wey dey flow from Aaron head na im go touch him beard..
When I try to control them, people call me a tyrant and accuse me of chasing away the moderators that refused to be controlled. I don tire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by AbuMikey(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: When I try to control them, people call me a tyrant and accuse me of chasing away the moderators that refused to be controlled. I don tire.

That's not true!!!

HumbledbYGrace has never been controlled! People complain,she makes apology,and everyone lives in better atmosphere, so is Deols.

I don't think there's any Mod who is controlled on NL

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by lekkie073(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
Seun: When I try to control them, people call me a tyrant and accuse me of chasing away the moderators that refused to be controlled. I don tire.
bro.....get ur house in order......Nairaland is owned by Seun.....all rights reserved....
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
Lol! I am loving dis conversation gringrin! U need to d d needful
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by whitemosquito(f): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Lolz. Threaten to sweep the whole set away and employ new guys who will/may be receiving stipends: problem solved. And dont worry,No consultation fees necessary... yet.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
Dhurmynick:

foreign affairs has the mod who hasn't been online in four months.. @ seun
LOL!!! gringringrin! Maybe d guy developed a Robot dat is moderating dat section in his absence
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2013

first time i see u type pidgin grin
they should be afraid of you, not the other way around.. You're in charge. that's what bosses do. you are the oga at the top.. you dont have to consult anybody before you do your stuff.. dem just dey proove stubbornness.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Avenger4NL(m): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
sexkillz: Cry babies.

Why are you crying set always the ones banned everytime? Not all mods will stomach the nonsense being perpetuated by you lot. . . Call it a revolution if you like.

Enough is Enough. If you can't stand the heat, De-activate. It'll only get hotter. Bans on main accounts will keep multiplying especially after you are back from a ban and you repeat the offence.

Cry all you want, but that's how it's gonna be.
I have never seen any serious establishment/organization take a stance like this towards its customers no matter how terrible they are. It shouldn't be about getting the job done alone but the attitude you put on while getting the job done should also matter.
Thus Sexkillz may have the ability to get the job done but he doesn't have the right attitude. This is one of the reasons that there is a war.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by psky: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
Dhurmynick:

first time i see u type pidgin grin
they should be afraid of you, not the other way around.. You're in charge. that's what bosses do.

As in ehn, these mods have really broken seun o.

Seun that is always doing like English man, they don bring out the naija in him. grin
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2013

You can start over, you dont necessarily have to be the one that controls the mod . You should find someone you really trust here,YOUR MANNEST MAN then guide him on the ways of nairaland..after that u open up a thread and letting all mods , and even members know that power has changed , and a super super super mod has been employed... let that guy be the one to control the mods for a week or more without sentiments.. make you know if they no go change by force... ..

i would have recommended or advice you use murkina2 for the job, but the sentiments will still be there...

A NEW GUY, IS WHAT YOU WOULD NEED FOR THIS JOB

never tire brother.. your members dey ur back always, even if ur mods abandon you..
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by 0monnakoda: 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
deleted
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by 0monnakoda: 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
deleted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

How Do I Stop Behaving Like A Girl? / Canadian Words/Slangs and their meaning / A Public Apology To Ishilove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.