Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! (7489 Views)

Dear Seun Osewa;a Nairalander Writes.......... / Dear Seun,please Give It A Second Thought / Dear Seun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Idrismusty97(m): 10:03am On Nov 06, 2013
But i will confess that some of you are banned for good reasons. After reading the rules and regulations i mark out the common reasons people are banned.Read it here

https://www.nairaland.com/1506599/observing-nairaland-rules
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
Well since Seun and his Mods have no respect for people I don't think I can continue on NL. To the point where people will go and terrorise a business organisation because of a rumour spread by a tiny group of people on NL is appaling. Seun I do hope you know what you are doing to your site. Facebook used to be the in thing now many people hardly visit it! A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by AbuMikey(m): 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2013

...and LastGarriBender deactivated his account sad

Too Bad!!

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Abu Mikey:

...and LastGarriBender deactivated his account sad

Too Bad!!

OMG
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dhurmynick:

OMG
im beginning to hate nairaland nw....

this deactivate button should be taken off...
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Seun(m): 4:43am On Nov 07, 2013
I'm very sorry about all these happenings.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dygeasy(m): 4:49am On Nov 07, 2013
Seun: I'm very sorry about all these happenings.
I love This!

gringringrin
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Davo93(m): 5:06am On Nov 07, 2013
deejay_harry1: im beginning to hate nairaland nw....

this deactivate button should be taken off...
It is not about taking off deactivation button rather it is about the crop of lacklustre moderators we have here.

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Davo93(m): 5:08am On Nov 07, 2013
Medicine after death... Don't tell us you are just seeing this undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by lekkie073(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2013
I suggest u as the owner of dis social medium should remove any moderator found wanting. starting with deols.....I know I might be banned for even mentioning DAT name angry

4 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 7:31am On Nov 07, 2013

angry

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 07, 2013
in the end, Lastgarribender left...... its shame really... doelse couldn't find humility enough in her to own up to her errors and apologise... the only apology i see is to abumicky.... and it seems to me that seun had to force it out of her...... quite a serious contrast to what religious mods and particularly, Islamic section claim to preach..... people stop visiting the religious section... soon enough it creeps in to other sections... its just garribender right? remember, it takes just a small hole to sink a big ship......

ever wondered why there seems to be a lot of nobodies these days on the forumn?
its like a virus and guess what, its replicating.... and the visionlesss mods are its host.....

farewell last garribender.... you fought well and you did it in a civilized manner......

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by AbuMikey(m): 8:15am On Nov 07, 2013

It happened now, in the days of November 2013 that LastGarriBender left Nairaland because of some Mods.
GarriBender shouldn't have left,but he had to cos no one offered him an apology, Deols offered one to me,and I was cool with it.

Seun might not have been online while all these was happening,but saying he was sorry for what happend isn't just okay to me.
He should have atleast intervened while the hate for dEols was brewing a few days ago,he might say he hasn't come online for sometime,but myself and Seun knows he should atleast assign some "baby" mods to search for threads like this to settle issues before they get out of hands.

Lastly,but certainly not the least,I ask for no more wars on this thread, and may I say this "May the NL username LastGarriBender rest in Peace" sad

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 07, 2013
lastgarribender shall always be remembered.

Seun i agree with abu mikey's idea...

u need to employ special mods, or bodies, dont call them mods, call them «EYE sees all» to look up cases like this... and help solve them... THIS group of UNKNOWNS should be given powers to ban mods as well if found guilty... and set it tht once a mod is banned by an EYE sees all, the mod or no mod can unban the mod till after the ban is served, or an EYE sees all unbans the mod...

i dont really get much of what im trying to explain tho...

but a mod shouldnt feel supernatural because he or she was made a mod...

this is not only about garrilastbender and deols....

THIS IS BOUT NAIRALAND MEMBERS AND MODS.....

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Seun(m): 8:55am On Nov 07, 2013
If lastgarribender wanted me to personally intervene, LGB would have sent me a PM. I think LGB just wanted a public apology. I don't have much control over the moderators because they are all volunteers. I can talk to deols to find out what really happened; I can't presume that she did not have a good reason for doing what she did.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Dhurmynick(m): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Seun: If lastgarribender wanted me to personally intervene, LGB would have sent me a PM. I think LGB just wanted a public apology. I don't have much control over the moderators because they are all volunteers. I can talk to deols to find out what really happened; I can't presume that she did not have a good reason for doing what she did.

i volunteered.. No reply
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Seun(m): 9:01am On Nov 07, 2013
deejay_harry1: You need to employ special mods, or bodies, dont call them mods, call them «EYE sees all» to look up cases like this... and help solve them... THIS group of UNKNOWNS should be given powers to ban mods as well if found guilty... and set it tht once a mod is banned by an EYE sees all, the mod or no mod can unban the mod till after the ban is served, or an EYE sees all unbans ...
If we ban all the mods who misbehave, who will keep the forum clean? Some of the most complained-about mods are also the ones who take their jobs most seriously. Some of the most loved moderators hardly moderate. It's tricky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2013
Seun: If lastgarribender wanted me to personally intervene, LGB would have sent me a PM. I think LGB just wanted a public apology. I don't have much control over the moderators because they are all volunteers. I can talk to deols to find out what really happened; I can't presume that she did not have a good reason for doing what she did.

hmmm, seun, u did your bit, the problem is really with doels... all LGB wanted from his initial post was for doels to be called to order. and probably unban his initial account. its really that simple...
and for the pm... most of us really do not use the pm facilities probably because most of us are on mobile stations... i think LGB was civilized enough in his approach...
now its for us to work out possible solutions to avert such crises in future.... we must carry on LGB's legacy

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by AbuMikey(m): 9:09am On Nov 07, 2013
Seun:
If we ban all the mods who misbehave, who will keep the forum clean? Some of the most complained-about mods are also the ones who take their jobs most seriously. Some of the most loved moderators hardly moderate. It's tricky.

If mods misbehave,then they should be on probation and not necessarily a ban.

If I'm not mistaking,I can remember you once "banned" Mukinat2 sometime ago,so,why would other moderators not face the consequences of their misbehavior if Mukinat2 can be made to?

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Olugbenger(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2013
This is serious.
grin grin grin
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by kristana(f): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2013
na wah
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Olugbenger(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2013
Abu Mikey:

If mods misbehave,then they should be on probation and not necessarily a ban.

If I'm not mistaking,I can remember you once "banned" Mukinat2 sometime ago,so,why would other moderators not face the consequences of their misbehavior if Mukinat2 can be made to?

I can't believe Mukina2 who i believe is the best mod went through this.

So what would happen to the bad eggs?
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 07, 2013
seun...... work out a solution....
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Olugbenger(m): 9:36am On Nov 07, 2013
kristana: na wah
The mods ban u too?

cheesy
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 07, 2013
Seun:
i believe there are two or more mods assigned to each section.... besides the ban would be temporal...

i am just implying that a solution has to be provided for all this...

the case today , maybe LGB and deols, tomorrow might more...

I DONT WISH FOR THAT THOUGH..

and another thing, this deactivate button ?? nawaooo... can u take it off

the disadvantage is more than the advantage..
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by cdamsel(f): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2013
D deactivate button is like suicide to me,like the person just died abeg ooooo, make una dey think before using am,i didn't know LGB but I feel connected to him

@seun,lately all we hear are unnecessary ban,behind every rumour there is a truth, there is a difference with people talking modship seriously & people going power crazy

Most MOD's re power crazy,they should also have a law guiding them. In my exam sheets in school its states what ever crime attracts, take ur time,draft out something as a guideline for them to use.

U don't ban people cos they have an opinion or cos their opinion is different from yours?like in a football match,u ve 2yellows b4 u given a red, them should give warning b4 a ban,most times one doesn't even know he/she is defaulting, d next tin u c na ban till 2016?

If them ban me 4 2yrs isn't that saying I should fuc*k off NL?they should give reasonable bans,1day seems practical to me,cos when u ban people like dat,they come back aggravated & turn here inside out

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Davo93(m): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2013
deejay_harry1: ... and another thing, this deactivate button ?? nawaooo... can u take it off

I don't think that feature should be problem. If Nairalanders don't have reasons to use it, they won't!

I understand Seun's position on this but the issue is that, you have to make the 'hardworking' controversial Mods realize the generality of the abused members are the source of your earning. Either you admit or not, the success story of this forum will not be complete without acknowledging the past and present members. So there is the need to keep giving them reasons to continue here. Let them understand this very well.

I also think it is high time you formally and publicly addressed the users' complains about moderation here. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Idrismusty97(m): 10:17am On Nov 07, 2013
deejay_harry1: i believe there are two or more mods assigned to each section.... besides the ban would be temporal...

i am just implying that a solution has to be provided for all this...

the case today , maybe LGB and deols, tomorrow might more...

I DONT WISH FOR THAT THOUGH..

and another thing, this deactivate button ?? nawaooo... can u take it off

The deactivation button is not a disadvantage per se.If you type your username in google,the 1st site you will see is Nairaland. even if you have that username in numerous websites.The deactivation button will atleast give you a sort of privacy if you are done with nairaland.

As for the mods.i wouldn't say they are at fault,afterall they are moderating nairaland on their own expense.We are in Nigeria BTW.you can tell the difference between someone who is paid for a job and someone who is a volunteer smiley
I wouldn't put much of an interest if i am a volunteer mod unless it will enhanced my knowledge in my present career.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by deols(f): 10:22am On Nov 07, 2013
I apologised to Abu Mikey simply because he deserved it.

I can never be bothered about someone who lies that he was banned just for viewing a thread and those who believe him.

Seun did not have to apologise. He has done nothing wrong.

And LGB did not leave nairaland. He will be back like the others, under another username.
Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by AbuMikey(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2013

Sighs, I believe Seun is on this unnecessary ban Palava, some users are suffering in silence. sad

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by Davo93(m): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2013
deols: ... I can never be bothered about someone who lies that he was banned just for viewing a thread and those who believe him.
Then say what he did to be served a ban. At least he said his own side of the story.

Seun did not have to apologise. He has done nothing wrong.

And LGB did not leave nairaland. He will be back like the others, under another username.
I understand you don't own the forum else you won't be talking this shit!

1 Like

Re: Dear Seun I Have Had It!!! by deols(f): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2013
Here is what I wrote on another thread, yesterday.
deols: Nigerians are fond of criticising their leaders and bad mouthing everything Nigeria. whereas everything wrong with Nigeria is displayed by them especially on this forum.

To follow simple rules is a problem and when things don't favour them, they cry fowl.

I am more surprised at the following they get even when they propagate such lies as, ' I did nothing but was banned'.

Many people on this forum are grown ups and should be of good example to others. But probably, there is a mentality of, 'being defiant is good' and 'going against the law is cool', 'trolling is fun'

even though chat rooms are available for all the other things that they want to say.

Not claiming to be a saint..But at least people should stop being agbayas and take responsibility for their actions by either apologising or serving their ban silently.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

How Do I Stop Behaving Like A Girl? / Canadian Words/Slangs and their meaning / A Public Apology To Ishilove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.