Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,544 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! (7181 Views)

She Is Hell Bent On Knowing What I Earn! / Reasons Why An Ugly Man Should Never Loose Hope On Marrying A Beautiful Lady / Help! !!! My Only Sister Is Bent On Marrying A Cripple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by LadySophie(f): 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
alutacontinua: Keep enjoying the attention and frustratinh the poor lad. I keep saying every lady knows how to tell a man off, (except you're dealing with a psychopathic stalker-then, you might need the police or a psychiatrist), we just choose to keep guys at arm's length so as to enjoy the attention and at the same tym know deep down in us nothing is gonna happen. If you were somewhere in between your early twenties, I probably might not comment on this topic cos I wldn't expect more from you. But as a woman in her thirties, YOU CAN DO BETTER! All dese excuses about not wanting to hurt him is just a cover-up for the real thing-which is the fact that you love the attention you're getting from him. Funny enough, you might have told yourself that lie soooooo much that you don't even know it's a lie again. My one cent: pull it together and save the poor lad some years of misery. Deep down in you, you know you're gonna stil do it someday, whether you like it or not. Just do it early enough and let him be, he'll move on with his life. The more you prolong it, the harder it gets.

NB: you might decide to take the above post personal or you might see the bitter truth in it. However you decide to take it, i meant no harm, just had to say it the way it is.

Alutacontinua, no hard feelings at all as constructive criticisms are welcome! But how can I be enjoying his attention when he is miles away from me? through phone calls?? NO! I can only enjoy a man's attention when he is within reach and that's if i want such man as my lover. I am not frustrating him at all, he is the one delaying himself.He is an adult and he sure have an understanding about women and should know when to call it quit when a woman prolong giving her consent! PERIOD!! I can only blame myself cos i want to handle things amicably, maybe I should be rude and insolent towards him , then he can understand better!
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by LadySophie(f): 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
baralatie:

That is gud.he is only a friend.now please answer this Question:
u av said
+u are nt in luv wit him +u cant marry him

"DO U SEE URSELF NOT PICKING HIS CALS EVER AGAIN AND NOT GIVING HIM THE SLIGHTEST ATTENTION COZ U AV NO INTEREST IN HIM AT AL"

YES OR NO
No interest in him I can vouch! By people's opinions here, maybe i should stop picking his calls and i have to let him know this so he can move on.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2013
iropelebe: This is my only problem with you ladies. This is a young man who has everything bright for him and he is ready to be there for you,he is aware of everything you are and yet chose to stay,the truth is you can't be that sexy enough to take him away from younger single women,this is enough to tell you that he loves you genuinely. He isn't a golddigger neither diid is potray himself as a snitch so what is your problem?
You listed two reasons: I. you are older ii. He is not of your faith.
Let me tell you dear,the summary of everything is that you do not love him and you see yourself above him and you can't bow to him.
Age isn't maturity,you can go for an older man who wouldn't be a good father figure to your child,he will have his own responsibilities as well cos there's every possibility that a man older than you are would be divorced,widowed or married with kids.
Sit yourself down and think deeply of what you actually want. A younger man who is willing to accept you for whom you are neglecting other younger women or an older man with extra responsibilities? Reason well and don't miss the opportunity it comes only once in a while. There are enough single ladies in their late twenties still searching for a man to propose to them not to talk of you who is a mother of a 14year old,widow and in your mid thirties.

Is this why she should marry? because there are single women who are desperate? and she is in her mid thirties.smh
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
@ladysophie The usual low way to send a person away is to stop picking their calls, You don't have to sink that low. Hold on to your boundary he will soon be on his way. If you used to spend hours with him gisting cut it to 2mins and pointedly send him on his way besides its just phone calls and there is nothing wrong if you are enjoying the attention so long as you have been more than honest with him. And who told you this guy is not just having some fun.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Yahoo1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
LadySophie:

Dear Rigormortis, there is nothing hidden again, i have bared it all. Finance is not my problem here, not that am so rich though. I am working and he is also working. My son's upkeep has been the responsibility of his paternal family so that if i choose not to contribute to his upkeep, he lacks nothing. I want a man i can look up to, not someone whom i will always have to give corrections and control. I will want my man to always take the lead, while i follow and i will be comfortable when this man is older.
you killed it .

what makes you think you can't look up to this young man? because you are older than he is? and you will control and give him corrections because he doesn't know what he is doing?

you don't want to marry him because you are older? because from your first post,you guys barely know each other that much.....so how come you know you can control and correct him?

My dear,as someone who has been married before,you should know that being more experienced and exposed has nothing to do with maturity. IMO
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by LadySophie(f): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
iropelebe: This is my only problem with you ladies. This is a young man who has everything bright for him and he is ready to be there for you,he is aware of everything you are and yet chose to stay,the truth is you can't be that sexy enough to take him away from younger single women,this is enough to tell you that he loves you genuinely. He isn't a golddigger neither diid is potray himself as a snitch so what is your problem?
You listed two reasons: I. you are older ii. He is not of your faith.
Let me tell you dear,the summary of everything is that you do not love him and you see yourself above him and you can't bow to him.
Age isn't maturity,you can go for an older man who wouldn't be a good father figure to your child,he will have his own responsibilities as well cos there's every possibility that a man older than you are would be divorced,widowed or married with kids.
Sit yourself down and think deeply of what you actually want. A younger man who is willing to accept you for whom you are neglecting other younger women or an older man with extra responsibilities? Reason well and don't miss the opportunity it comes only once in a while. T[b]here are enough single ladies in their late twenties still searching for a man to propose to them not to talk of you who is a mother of a 14year old,widow and in your mid thirties.
[/b]

As a matter of fact, he is a budding lecturer in one of the higher institutions, so he truly has enough ladies to choose. Besides his other obsessions, I have flare for academics but am not in the educational sector, so he believe with a wife like me by his side, his career will soar!
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by baralatie(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
Yahoo1: you killed it .

what makes you think you can't look up to this young man? because you are older than he is? and you will control and give him corrections because he doesn't know what he is doing?

you don't want to marry him because you are older? because from your first post,you guys barely know each other that much.....so how come you know you can control and correct him?

My dear,as someone who has been married before,you should know that being more experienced and exposed has nothing to do with maturity. IMO
according to ur writ-up
+level of experience,amount of exposure are nt elements of maturity,
pls as a woman,how do u define maturity in concrete,unbiased terms.what are the elements of maturity in a man.if u c.an answer CLEAR,UNBIASE,DIRECT it wil help THE Op!
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Yahoo1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
baralatie:
according to ur writ-up
+level of experience,amount of exposure are nt elements of maturity,
pls as a woman,how do u define maturity in concrete,unbiased terms.what are the elements of maturity in a man.if u c.an answer CLEAR,UNBIASE,DIRECT it wil help THE Op!
Thank you.

In the context of this topic,my write-up or R/ship,maturity in a man has to deal with a man being the Leader in a relationship, a man has to know that in marriage,the WE,US,OUR...etc are just words,it doesn't hide the fact that couples are from different heritage,with different ideas and a whole lot of different things which if he can't handle crumbles a marriage,...A matured man is one who is emotionally decisive,he is clear about what he wants and what he wants from his woman,a matured man is nobody's victim,he takes full responsibilities of his action,a matured man is someone who has a purpose and if his purpose deviates from a normal one,it doesn't stop him being the man in the family,being there for them and putting his family first,a matured man is someone who can express himself,sayd what he wants;which is that which cannot make his wife uncomfortable or unsatisfied....among other things.

i might have committed a fallacy when i said being experienced and exposed has nothing to do with Maturity,because experience and exposure is what really brings about some qualities in a matured man,guess what i shuld have said is that the lady being more exposed and experienced has nothing to do with a man being matured,maybe she wants someone that is more experienced and exposed than she is,but she is wrong when she said she needs someone who will lead the way and she will follow.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by LadySophie(f): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
Yahoo1: you killed it .

We did NYSC in same place of primary assignment for 9months;,lived in military same bolck in military barracks where served, interacted, did sports together with other corpers during service year before we parted ways.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Twilights(m): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
Dis Story Sweet Gan Oo! Kipin My Company Tru My Jurni!
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Yahoo1(m): 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
LadySophie:

We did NYSC in same place of primary assignment for 9months;,lived in military same bolck in military barracks where served, interacted, did sports together with other corpers during service year before we parted ways.
well i guess you do know him....i reserve my C
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by LadySophie(f): 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
Yahoo1: Thank you.

In the context of this topic,my write-up or R/ship,maturity in a man has to deal with a man being the Leader in a relationship, a man has to know that in marriage,the WE,US,OUR...etc are just words,it doesn't hide the fact that couples are from different heritage,with different ideas and a whole lot of different things which if he can't handle crumbles a marriage,...A matured man is one who is emotionally decisive,he is clear about what he wants and what he wants from his woman,a matured man is nobody's victim,he takes full responsibilities of his action,a matured man is someone who has a purpose and if his purpose deviates from a normal one,it doesn't stop him being the man in the family,being there for them and putting his family first,a matured man is someone who can express himself,sayd what he wants;which is that which cannot make his wife uncomfortable or unsatisfied....among other things.

i might have committed a fallacy when i said being experienced and exposed has nothing to do with Maturity,because experience and exposure is what really brings about some qualities in a matured man,guess what i shuld have said is that the lady being more exposed and experienced has nothing to do with a man being matured,maybe she wants someone that is more experienced and exposed than she is,but she is wrong when she said she needs someone who will lead the way and she will follow.

You got the point !
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Yahoo1(m): 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
LadySophie:

You got the point !
Bonne chance!

i hope you make the best decision.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by baralatie(m): 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
Yahoo1: Thank you.

a mature man simply put is a man who has come of age wit the ability to handle complex problems,delivering positive results in a socially,morally responsible manner wit the aim of maintaining harmony in the home & society.

What u wrote is about the QUALITIES OF A MAN(every man has dem)

n.b a man is a leader of his famijy not a leader of his girlfriend!(bf & gf relatnshp is nt marriage)
+marriage is a 2 way partnership(the Husband is Working & the wife Helping)

Op & her friend are not even dating in the 1st place.all becoz she is seeing that she is teaching him how to do & how to say(them neva live 2gether even to solve problems)
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Yahoo1(m): 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
baralatie:

a mature man simply put is a man who has come of age wit the ability to handle complex problems,delivering positive results in a socially,morally responsible manner wit the aim of maintaining harmony in the home & society.

What u wrote is about the QUALITIES OF A MAN(every man has dem)

n.b a man is a leader of his famijy not a leader of his girlfriend!(bf & gf relatnshp is nt marriage)
+marriage is a 2 way partnership(the Husband is Working & the wife Helping)

Op & her friend are not even dating in the 1st place.all becoz she is seeing that she is teaching him how to do & how to say(them neva live 2gether even to solve problems)

QUALITIES OF A MAN? really? are you kidding me? this shit is messed up.....qualities of a man huh?......your conclusion is based on the what exactly? on what is supposed to be the quality of a man? and i never said they are dating,you need to take your time and read my post again.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Op listen, even if u dont wanna marry him, for the fact dat dis young man is obviously in love wit u, compensate him abeg jare.

How?

Travel to his place and stay for 1wk, fucck him real good during this one week. I mean fucck the hell of him before u leave. grin

That will make him quench the fire of running after u. Thank me later. grin
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Wallade(m): 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
@LadySophie, 5yrs difference in age btw you and your potential man is quite much considering that you will age faster than him as time goes on. I think you have a strong feeling for him too but you just can't stand the age gap and his religious orientation.
I agree with you on the decision to avoid marriage to him. However, you need to be firm and straight in your approach. Tell him you don't want the relationship/marriage with your reasons, loose his contact details and forbid him to seek you. Get involved/married to your kind of man and let him know that you are engaged/married. He will get the message and walk away.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by lorialuv(f): 6:02am On Nov 08, 2013
alutacontinua: Keep enjoying the attention and frustratinh the poor lad. I keep saying every lady knows how to tell a man off, (except you're dealing with a psychopathic stalker-then, you might need the police or a psychiatrist), we just choose to keep guys at arm's length so as to enjoy the attention and at the same tym know deep down in us nothing is gonna happen. If you were somewhere in between your early twenties, I probably might not comment on this topic cos I wldn't expect more from you. But as a woman in her thirties, YOU CAN DO BETTER! All dese excuses about not wanting to hurt him is just a cover-up for the real thing-which is the fact that you love the attention you're getting from him. Funny enough, you might have told yourself that lie soooooo much that you don't even know it's a lie again. My one cent: pull it together and save the poor lad some years of misery. Deep down in you, you know you're gonna stil do it someday, whether you like it or not. Just do it early enough and let him be, he'll move on with his life. The more you prolong it, the harder it gets.

NB: you might decide to take the above post personal or you might see the bitter truth in it. However you decide to take it, i meant no harm, just had to say it the way it is.

U SPOKE WELL BUDDY!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2013

This is exactly my point.
What do u want people to tell you and u have not heard alrdy. U r still here trying to counter attack every suggestion.I believe @ ur age u shld know wot u want and go for it and wot u dnt want u stay away from it.
The fact dat u r both in separate states shld help u 2 stay away from the guy forever and let him live his life
Stop leading him on by pickin his calls. For the fact dat u r older, he is still a guy and he sees some traces of interest in you dats y he believes he can still win u over. STOP GIVE HIM ATTENTION BY PICKING HIS CALLS OR REPLYING HIS MESSAGES.
Wake up woman u aint getting young. Try to get involve with guys and u will surely see the right one among them. I aint saying u shld b sleeping around.
Finally stop looking for attention here as well and go and do the right thing
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by LadySophie(f): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2013
nikkykay:

This is exactly my point.
What do u want people to tell you and u have not heard alrdy. U r still here trying to counter attack every suggestion.I believe @ ur age u shld know wot u want and go for it and wot u dnt want u stay away from it.
The fact dat u r both in separate states shld help u 2 stay away from the guy forever and let him live his life
Stop leading him on by pickin his calls. For the fact dat u r older, he is still a guy and he sees some traces of interest in you dats y he believes he can still win u over. STOP GIVE HIM ATTENTION BY PICKING HIS CALLS OR REPLYING HIS MESSAGES.
Wake up woman u aint getting young. Try to get involve with guys and u will surely see the right one among them. I aint saying u shld b sleeping around.
Finally stop looking for attention here as well and go and do the right thing

Can you say you are too old to seek advice from people? Do i tell you i don't know what i want?Does seeking opinions/advice amount to looking for attention for you? I then deduce that your reason for being here is to seek for attention! Dear me, if u don't have something beneficial to say, please be silent forever! At least, opening this thread and getting these advices is priceless to me and has shown me a new direction to take.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by LadySophie(f): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Wallade: @LadySophie, 5yrs difference in age btw you and your potential man is quite much considering that you will age faster than him as time goes on. I think you have a strong feeling for him too but you just can't stand the age gap and his religious orientation.
I agree with you on the decision to avoid marriage to him. However, you need to be firm and straight in your approach. Tell him you don't want the relationship/marriage with your reasons, loose his contact details and forbid him to seek you. Get involved/married to your kind of man and let him know that you are engaged/married. He will get the message and walk away.

BEST ADVICE. THANKS MR. WALLADE. NOTED.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 08, 2013
LadySophie:

Can you say you are too old to seek advice from people? Do i tell you i don't know what i want?Does seeking opinions/advice amount to looking for attention for you? I then deduce that your reason for being here is to seek for attention! Dear me, if u don't have something beneficial to say, please be silent forever! At least, opening this thread and getting these advices is priceless to me and has shown me a new direction to take.
Wot kind of advice are u looking for that u dnt knw alrdy?
That u havent said here alrdy?
Madam wake up. It is not every issue u bring to a forum to discuss.
U r old enuff to make decisions on some particular issues.
Are u saying if a younger lady came to u 4an advice on ds type of issue, u wuld tell her to come back so that u culd bring it to NL first? undecided undecided undecided

LadySophie:

BEST ADVICE. THANKS MR. WALLADE. NOTED.
Y is wallade's advise best so far? What did he say dat tens of pple havent said earlier undecided undecided undecided
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Yahoo1(m): 10:54am On Nov 08, 2013
nikkykay:
Are u saying if a younger lady came to u 4an advice on ds type of issue, u wuld tell her to come back so that u culd bring it to NL first? undecided undecided undecided

That's one thing i find so hard to understand...ofcourse it's ok to seek people's opinion in some issue,but some just don't need to be told,they are just weak to make a decision! smh.....
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 08, 2013
Yahoo1: That's one thing i find so hard to understand...ofcourse it's ok to seek people's opinion in some issue,but some just don't need to be told,they are just weak to make a decision! smh.....
Thanks bro.
I aint against seeking opinions on some particular issues. If i am perfect i wont be here. I come to NL to read and learn from pple's experiences
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2013
LadySophie:

Can you say you are too old to seek advice from people? Do i tell you i don't know what i want? Does seeking opinions/advice amount to looking for attention for you? I then deduce that your reason for being here is to seek for attention! Dear me, if u don't have something beneficial to
say, please be silent forever! At least, opening this thread and
getting these advices is priceless to me and has shown me a new direction to take.

Nigierian graduates. No wonder ASUU is on strike! What is 'advices'? For ur info, there's no plural form of advice. Best u could say is 'pieces of advice'. Take note!

@topic, i've told you what to do. Go fucck d hell outa dat dude and he will succumb. grin
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by ITbomb(m): 11:59am On Nov 08, 2013
LadySophie:

I love him as a friend, at a platonic level. Translating that love to erotic one is what is the bone of contention now.
Wait o
You are tellin me that all this while the guy never enter the place. You done push am to friendship zone and expect him to be satisfy there.
Just am the punny first , at least for once , him eye go clear to reason , as for now, it would be very difficult to convince him otherwise.
The way a man reasons after sleeping with a girl is much different from before.
Please if he has not taste the punny before , Im begging you , pls allow him just once then thereafter you can start this conversation again.
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by LadySophie(f): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
nikkykay:

Y is wallade's advise best so far? What did he say dat tens of pple havent said earlier undecided undecided undecided
Pls madam, am entitled to my opinions here and to take decisions, and if it's giving headache, pls go treat urself and leave my thread alone.no one has monopoly of knowledge. Even if i have my conviction,I see nothing wrong seeking to hear voice of the people to assure myself that am taking the right decision O.K!
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by baralatie(m): 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
LadySophie:
Pls madam, am entitled to my opinions here and to take decisions, and if it's giving headache, pls go treat urself and leave my thread alone.no one has monopoly of knowledge. Even if i have my conviction,I see nothing wrong seeking to hear voice of the people to assure myself that am taking the right decision O.K!
cant believe u lash lynpetra!
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by baralatie(m): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
nikkykay:

i cant believe u lash Op!
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by tpapi: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
4 him 2 b a fan of TB, dat mins his way is not pure, his desperation 2 b wit u at all cost is even not healthy relationshp wise, make ur stand very known to him in d clearest terms
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by baralatie(m): 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
:Dthis thread jst went up a new level.

(grab a mic to make announcemt)

ladies and gentlemen of nl.we are on thread lane to witnes uhe battle of wits,the power of expresn,the opening of minds.who wil own this ttthhhrrreeeaaaddd!
On the lioness corner,shez big,shez strng & cunning giv it for Laady_the ok_soopphie
on the tigiess corner,shez hot,shez slick,giv it up for nicky_the smooooth_kay

(drops the mic_ladies advanc 2 center of thread)

ladies no 1 is a genius in the of the heart.we al stil learning 1 way or the other.ppl get hurt/dey themselves. Bt tank be DatGOD is helping every1 of us.if we dnt care,GOD cares.

My tak u both luk in2 eyes(u both women u face 1 chalenge/other)

lets make this thread a clean fight.

(pics up mic_luk around)
sombody send me credit!(dnt laf)
Re: I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! by lorialuv(f): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
nikkykay:

I wonder too o! Wat Wallade said is still d sme thing some of us hs said here! All d same thnk God Madam, @least u ve gotten d advice wanted. Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Help, My Mom Is An Addict, Every Guy On My Street Has Slept With Her / Man Shot And Killed For Having Sex With Thug Wife ( Graphic) / Igbo Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.