Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Meant To Be - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147966 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Plz has any1 seen kingphilip and chade
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
stefikal: My ba3 ran flat and see comments way I miss chai!

abiii ooooooo

permission granted, me sef wan slap d babe

hey pope, I'm a daughter of God toogrin, about Princess... Very soon we'll get to know why...afterall behind every action there is always a reason...no matter how brilliant or stupid d reason might seem..

Patience dear

God bless you all for dropping your comments... Eseun pupo wink

xoxo!
Hmmm tanks 4d permission let me go kick her behind,as for king phillips n chade I never c dem oh but I will organise a search party 2go look for them,in dis thread we take d safety of our readers very seriously...wud report bak 2u stef!!! We are here
Re: Meant To Be by SenatorPope(m): 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
I finally caught up wit u Guys*dancing skelewu*

I knew u were also gonna be a good writer and dat prompted me to check ur profile on Kingzpen [my life on campus] thread.....and hear u are written beautifully...

Kip up d good work

One more thing
Help me tell princess dat I want to meet her.
Re: Meant To Be by Hameenat94(f): 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
No update yet?
Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
Waiting for update oooooh
Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
stefikal: -5-

Omoye paid the okada driver and walked into her friend's compound, she greeted an old woman sitting in the corridor.

"Mama, good afternoon."
"Omo, bawo ni?" (My child, how are you?). Omoye understood yoruba (Yoruba) but she was not in the mood for pleasantries.

"Fine mama, eku ijoko," (well done) she said and walked towards Rosie's door[b],[/b] (full stop) she knocked and tried opening the door only to discover it was locked.

"Sebi iwo ni ore sisi Rosie," (You're Rosie's friend, right?) the old woman called out to her.
"Bee ni Ma." (Yes Ma)
"Wa." (Come here)

Omoye walked up to the woman who gave her a key.
"Eseun (Space. E seun) Ma," Omoye replied. (Thank you Ma)
"Ah, kini mo se?, (remove the comma) Ko tope, sisi Rosie no loni kin fun eh to ba ti de."(what did I do, don't mention, Rosie asked me to give you the key when you get back).

Omoye thanked the woman again while heading to the door, she inserted the key and unlocked the door. As soon as she entered the room, she started crying, images of what she had witnessed in the past one hour kept replaying in her head.

As much as she tried ignoring them, she just couldn't stop them from torturing her. She wondered why Osagie was treating her in such a manner, after all she had gone through with him.

When Rosie had called to inform her that Osagie was dating a classy girl in Lagos, she had felt Rosie was jumping into conclusions, but she had caught him red-handed, how could she have been so naive?

Osagie had gotten her pregnant when she was in SS3, she had then had less than a month to face her SSCE exams (tautologous), as soon as she had finished her final exams her father had sent her out and she had no choice but to move in with Osagie.

They had both been struggling to meet (make) ends meet till a year and three months ago when Osagie had left Benin for Lagos. He had promised to make money by hook or by crook, though she never liked the dirty sound, she did not appreciate their meagre earnings either.

He called frequently and sent money to cater for her and their son, Victor. Last week when he had called, he had made a promise to come home finally within the next three months. Who would have thought that her Osagie was seeing another woman the whole time?

---------------------

Femi sat in the eatery contemplating on what to eat, he had suddenly lost his appetite. Just when he had decided to give love a chance again, why on earth wasn't Sandra single?

He stood up and headed back to his office, lunch was out of the picture.

-------------------

Rosie wore a confused look while staring at her friend who was asleep on the arm chair. Why would she choose to sleep there rather than the bed?

She walked towards her and tapped her gently.
"Rose," Omoye whimpered. Rosie held her friend who was shivering[b], [/b] (full stop) she was scared for her friend, the girl hardly called her Rose, which meant something was up. Her locality was known for riots, thugs, and other crimes[b],[/b] (full stop) had the thugs living in her 'face me I face you' apartment attacked Omoye?

"Omo, wetin happen?" She asked.
"Oo...Ooo...Ooosagieee."
Rosie let out a sigh of relief, at least it wasn't a problem relating to the bandits. She had been anticipating this moment ever since she called Omoye to inform her of Osagie's game three weeks ago (earlier).

-Flashback-

"Hello, Rosie how na?"
"I dey jaweee, Omo how your matter?"
"We thank the Lord, this one wey you call person today, I safe?" Omoye asked.

Rosie laughed, Omoye had hit the nail on the head, she hardly called people except when it was necessary, she preferred texting.

"I be wan ask something," she replied.
"Ehen, oya now."
"You still dey marry Osas?"

"Yes now," Omoye replied with a tone of confidence, "wetin happen?"
"Nothing," Rosie was confused, how would she tell her friend that her boyfriend was cheating on her.

"Rosie, talk now." Omoye was getting impatient, why would the girl call to ask her that? She concluded that something had to be wrong.

"I serious, no quanta, I go follow you yarn later."
"Ok oooh, bye bye."
"Greet your pikin for me."

Rosie stared at her phone in disbelief, so Osas was still dating Omo but was enjoying himself with another lady in Lagos. She felt bad for not informing her friend.

She had hurriedly typed a text which she had sent to Omoye after deliberating on it for 2hours (two hours). Omoye had called her two days after (later) to confirm what she had texted.

Rosie had suggested coming to Lagos for confirmations. Omoye had accepted in order to prove to Rosie that her Osagie was faithful, she would use the journey as a break from the stress she had to deal with in Benin as well.

*To Be Continued*
Rough review.

I'm sorry for my absence.

I noticed in this update excess rhetoricals/unanswered questions.

Good jobs though.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Senator_Pope: I finally caught up wit u Guys*dancing skelewu*

I knew u were also gonna be a good writer and dat prompted me to check ur profile on Kingzpen [my life on campus] thread.....and hear u are written beautifully...

Kip up d good work

One more thing
Help me tell princess dat I want to meet her.

*dancing with you* tnks 4 reading, following and commenting.

Don't worry I'll tell Princess
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hameenat94: No update yet?

dammygoody: Waiting for update oooooh

sad updates are in d morning now...plz thou shalt not vex with me..please
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Rough review.

I'm sorry for my absence.

I noticed in this update excess rhetoricals/unanswered questions.

Good jobs though.

Larry-Sun is back!
Yay! Dancing...I missed you Sir, thanks for the review.

Editing it asap...thank you.
Re: Meant To Be by Yemlizzy(f): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
Filled with suspense! Nice one,still following smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
Yemlizzy: Filled with suspense! Nice one,still following smiley

tnks dear...u remember u still have something to tell mewink
Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2013
stefikal:

sad updates are in d morning now...plz thou shalt not vex with me..please
lol..was just pulling your legs..
Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2013
stefikal: *continued*

Rosie could not find the right words to comfort her friend who was sobbing and shivering all over.

"Omo, he don do," she finally said.
"Wetin I go do now? ehn? Wetin?" Omo asked while struggling to dry her tears.
"Maybe you should confront him." Rosie shrugged.

Omoye looked at her friend and hissed.
"Confront? He can deny it easily now, I never imagined this day will come."

"He is a man Omo, they tend to misbehave." Rosie embraced her friend. "You need to think on how to handle the situation."
Omoye nodded, she would travel back to Benin and think things through, Lagos was suffocating her already.

--------------------

Fola stole a glance at Sandra who was talking with her sister, he was tired of this pretend love (pretence of love) already. He had gotten the money he planned to get initially, all he wanted was to return to Benin and be with his beautiful Omo and his son Victor.

Sandra was beautiful no doubt but she could never match up to his Omo.

"A penny for your thoughts," Sandra spoke while waving her hands in front of him.
"How long have you been standing in front of me?" he did not realise he had been thinking with his eyes closed all the while.

"Not long," she sat on his lap, "about the money you asked for, my dad is out of town and he says I should wait till he gets back." she continued while stroking his hair.

Fola inwardly felt like hitting Sandra's father, the man was a rich politician but yet he couldn't send money because he was out of town. In this modern age. Weren't there banks wherever he was?

Fola had lied to Sandra that his mother was sick and money was needed for her surgery. Since her dad was a politician, her uncle owned the publishing house where she worked, the girl automatically had money. He had planned to help her spend little out of it while pretending to be her lover.

"Don't you have any cash at hand?" He asked.
"I do but you know the project I've been working on has cut deep into my account, I have about ₦350,000 whereas you need ₦500,000."

"Ok" Fola replied with a fake smile.
"But I'll get the complete money soon, ok." she kissed him firmly on the lips while trying to unbutton his shirt.

Fola held her hands, he had not even responded to the kiss. Sandra looked at Fola askance.

"What's wrong?" she asked, "Is it because of the money?"
"No babe, I'm just tired, I have to go." He buttoned up his shirt and planted a quick kiss on her lips. He stood and walked towards the door before adding "I'll call you."

Fola stood outside Sandra's gate while impatiently waiting for a bike. He decided to walk till he found one. He had returned her car, the guilt was killing him already, he knew she loved him and that was one of the reasons he had to return to Benin.

The number one reason however was that his heart was in Benin, he took out his phone and dialed Omoye's number.

"Hello, sweety."
"Osagie, hello"
Her tone stooped (stopped) Osagie in his tracks, something had to be wrong.

"Whats wrong, Omo?"
"It's nothing, how are you?"
"I'm fine, something isn't just right with your voice, what's going on. Does it have to do with Victor?"

"I said everything is fine," she snapped, "Osagie, I'm not feeling too well, Ok, that's the problem and (but) I'm getting better."

Osagie was confused, if she was sick she would have informed him[b], [/b] (full stop) Why was she lieing (lying) to him?
"Omo, you know you can tell me anything right?"
Rough review.

However, there is an error you need to correct in the former post. The word should be 'okada rider' not 'okada driver'.

You should know that my reviews are only rough. The work still requires some professional scrutiny.

Keep up the good work. The more you write, the better you become.

Shalom.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2013
dammygoody: lol..was just pulling your legs..

smiley Update coming soon
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:56am On Dec 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Rough review.

However, there is an error you need to correct in the former post. The word should be 'okada rider' not 'okada driver'.

You should know that my reviews are only rough. The work still requires some professional scrutiny.

Keep up the good work. The more you write, the better you become.

Shalom.

thanks sir, despite the fact that they are rough I've learnt a lot smiley and the goal is to get better, thank you.
Re: Meant To Be by Hameenat94(f): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Waitin impatiently#
Re: Meant To Be by Yemlizzy(f): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2013
stefikal:

tnks dear...u remember u still have something to tell mewink

Dont mention,its nothing. I have not forgotten what i saidcheesy

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2013
Hameenat94: Waitin impatiently#

I'm done writing...just to post...I hope u enjoy it
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2013
*continued*

The thought of going to Omoye's parents house scared the hell out of Osagie, things would have been easier if Omoye was happy with him.

At least he now knew the reason behind her attitude to him, this Sandra issue had totally complicated his life, he now had so many tasks.

He had to apologise to Omoye, he had to beg her parents. What if she had informed her parents? That would indicate that there was fire on the mountain. And besides he had to find a way to break up with Sandra.

He took his phone and dialled Omoye's number, he would keep trying till luck decided to smile on him.
The attempt was futile as the operator informed him that the number was not reacheable.

He made a second attempt, this time he was lucky as the phone rang, he prayed she would pick up. Maybe today was not his lucky day, he sighed as he ended the call, she still was not picking his call.

He wanted her back, he had been foolish to make a mistake in Lagos and if he had the chance, he would rectify his mistakes, see what the quest to make quick wealth had done to his relationship.

He leaned back against the chair while resting his head, he would keep calling her till she picked the call.

"You abiii?" The man flogged him again.
"I'm sorry sir," he begged while trying to rub his back where he was flogged.

The man did not stop but kept on flogging him, all his pleas, screams and cries fell on deaf ears. He was to weak to even stand and run away, the man kept flogging him with so much energy and gusto.

With each stroke that landed on his skin, Osagie thought his breath would disappear from him, but it seemed his body chose otherwise. The man however kept flogging him, when the cane broke Osagie felt joy gladden his weak bones, at last the man would stop with the punishment.

But to his utter dismay, the man brought out a pistol,
"Since the cane is slow and ineffective. Let me just teach you a lesson you'll never forget." he said while cocking the gun.

Osagie hid his face, "please sir, I beg you, forgive and forget. I'll marry your daughter in the proper way, I'll be a good son-in-law."

He kept on begging and making promises, if Omoye's father was bent on ending his life then he was truly dead. Was this how he was going to die? He had dreamt of the day he would walk down the aisle with Omoye. But things had fallen apart, every of his plans had totally shattered.

Where was Omoye? She should come and beg her father on his behalf, why was the man even wasting time to pull the trigger? He looked up and saw that Omoye was kneeling before her father with tears in her eyes.

The man had then pocketed his gun and left, Osagie crawled towards Omoye and hugged her,

"Please, forgive me, I made a mistake and I'm sorry, please." he kept on crying, she was not saying anything but the fact that she kept quiet and hugged him back was enough.

The ringtone of his phone woke him from his dream world, with the rate at which he was dreaming nowadays he would beat the record of Joseph the dreamer.

He looked at his phone, Omoye was calling, was he still dreaming or was he finally awake?

---------------------

"Dami?" Dare shouted, "Hanhan, what's going on here? Why are you fighting your best friend?"

Dami just stood looking fierce, she used her hands to wipe away the saliva on her face. She had mixed feelings, a part of her was happy that brother Dare had come to her rescue while another part of her wished she had gotten extra time to beat Evelyn.

She looked at Evelyn who was packing her bags, stupid girl she thought.

Dare looked at the two girls in front of him, he asked a question and none of them was providing an answer, why would Dami fight her best friend?

He walked up to Dami, "Dami what happened?"
Dami who had been acting strong suddenly burst into tears, how would she explain to her cousin.

Evelyn hurriedly took her bags and sandals and ran out of the sitting room.

Dami just kept on crying, Dare who was confused just simply embraced her, he did not know what transpired but he knew children and teenage fights resulted from nasty issues. Hopefully they would settle when the time came.

Tinu had then come into the picture when Evelyn and her mother kept on tormenting her.
She had no idea what Tinu had done to them but the problem of Evelyn troubling her had been settled.

That was the last time she saw Evelyn, the girl had transferred to another school months after and now she was back to torment her life.

She looked at Chinaza's cousin who still had her head buried in a magazine.

Her phone started to ring again, it was still a private number.
She was infuriated, Evelyn seriously needed to free her.

"Evelyn, would you free me?" she shouted

"Ehn? Who is Evelyn?" the caller asked.

3 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by Ziziola: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2013
Huh! Who can the caller be then? Patiently waiting for the next update
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:29am On Dec 17, 2013
Ziziola: Huh! Who can the caller be then? Patiently waiting for the next update

I wonder who d caller is ooo
Also waiting 4 d next updatewink
tnks 4 followingsmiley
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 11:16am On Dec 17, 2013
grin
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2013
Tl 2mr abi
Re: Meant To Be by funlover1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dis update is too short nah !
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
miss.terious:
grin

Plz I need u to tell me d name of ur toothpastegrin

D.Ella.luv:
Tl 2mr abi

Yessad

fun lover: Dis update is too short nah !

That's about 5k words ooosad I'm sorry.
Re: Meant To Be by SenatorPope(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
stefikal: "Evelyn, would you free me?" she shouted.
"Ehn? Who is Evelyn?" the caller asked.

I guess Tinu is d caller...patiently waiting for the next update*Grabs Pop corn and cola*
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Senator_Pope:

I guess Tinu is d caller...patiently waiting for the next update*Grabs Pop corn and cola*

it appears I have two popes in d building...
Senator tnks 4 attempting...I wanted 2 ask pple 2 guess who d caller was...but dropped d idea...
Next chapter should reveal a lotta tinzzz.

Thank you
Re: Meant To Be by Zellie: 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
But to his utter dismay, the man brought out a pistol,
"Since the cane is slow and ineffective. Let me just
teach you a lesson you'll never forget." he said while
corking the gun. I think it should be "cocking". Anyway I Love your story, started reading not long ago now I'm finally here smiley, keep it up!
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Zellie: But to his utter dismay, the man brought out a pistol,
"Since the cane is slow and ineffective. Let me just
teach you a lesson you'll never forget." he said while
corking the gun. I think it should be "cocking". Anyway I Love your story, started reading not long ago now I'm finally here smiley, keep it up!

tnks Zellie, I'll edit it asap...tnks 4 following my story...hope not to disappoint

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
all ye relationship experts in d house...If you have d opportunity to counsel Omoye, what advise would you give her?

waiting 4 ur replies...make una no fall my hand oooo
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
stefikal: all ye relationship experts in d house...If you have d opportunity to counsel Omoye, what advise would you give her?

waiting 4 ur replies...make una no fall my hand oooo
Even though Fola made money the wrong way, it's clear that he loves Omoye. I'll just advise her to follow her heart.

BTW, I'm using chewing stick. grin
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hmmm I would just say to omoye dat she should @ least give him a chance 2hear watever rubbish he has 2say,u knw she should tink abt wats best for her son victor its nt all abt ha now cos her son is also involved in d big picture,she can't just cut the ties between fada n son just like dat,dis sought of tin is presently happening 2a family member of mine only dat d guy in question wasn't doing it 4d family bt rada 4 himself... Bt newaiz I hope she makes d best decision!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply)

Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) / The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.