Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Meant To Be - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147748 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by Yemlizzy(f): 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
Kinda tense,the suspense is at its peak wink
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
Oh my!
I got brilliant pple here ooh, @Miss.terious and Walewunmi tnks 4 ur advise...I'd pass it to her...

@Yemlizzy: tnks dear

I know I still have a lot of wonderfully brilliant pple in d house...oyaaa drop ur advice
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
miss.terious:

Even though Fola made money the wrong way, it's clear that he loves Omoye. I'll just advise her to follow her heart.

BTW, I'm using chewing stick. grin

abeg I go like use dt chewing stick ooooh...make my teeth sef dey sparklegrin
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
stefikal: all ye relationship experts in d house...If you have d opportunity to counsel Omoye, what advise would you give her?

waiting 4 ur replies...make una no fall my hand oooo
I will advice her to get her shit straight and allow his husby back into her life... *dont mind me* wink..
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
LogoDWhiz:
I will advice her to get her shit straight and allow his husby back into her life... *dont mind me* wink..

lolzz... Tnks 4 dropping ur advice...I'll pass d msgwink
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:25am On Dec 18, 2013
My namesake ===> Ifyude...shey you know my name is Ify as well?
You just read but I've never really heard your thoughts...talk now, I'm sure every1 in d house would love to meet you..
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:37am On Dec 18, 2013
Body dey scratch me to update grin bt make I follow protocol, I go update later when day don break wella...

Good morning all, I still dey wait for una advice to Omoye oooooo
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2013
Hear him out,make sure osagie wnt make d mistake of goin bak to Sandra even if its 4 dia wellbeing,d tn b say omoye go dey tnk say osagie no love am again sef
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:39am On Dec 18, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Hear him out,make sure osagie wnt make d mistake of goin bak to Sandra even if its 4 dia wellbeing,d tn b say omoye go dey tnk say osagie no love am again sef

hmmmm...Madam Ella don land with her own advice...I go drop ya messagewink
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 8:33am On Dec 18, 2013
Make u update 1st
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:38am On Dec 18, 2013
-16-

What? So the caller was not Evelyn, when would this boy stop his annoying pranks?
“Why did you hide your number?” she asked, he had nearly given her a heart attack.

“My number is not hidden joor, I called you earlier you did not pick, where are you?” he inquired.
“For your information your number is hidden. I’m in the hostel, what’s up?”
“I wanted to give you a material, can you come out?”

“Give me five minutes, I’ll meet you outside.”

—————–

“Sit down, I ought to be on my way to the shop. But we really need to talk.” Felicia said to her daughter while seating on the bed.
Omoye sat on a stool opposite the bed her mother sat on.

“Omoye, your father would arrive anytime soon. As far as I know the business meeting he went for ends today, don’t think I’m chasing you oh, I’m not.

I’m just bothered because it appears you are confused. I’m a woman and I know all is not well and your method of approach is equally wrong.”

“Erm, mummy I don’t understand…” Omoye replied.
“No no, don’t interrupt me just let me get my point across, its obvious you have issues with your ermm, do I call him your boyfriend or your husband now? Since he never came to ask for your hand in marriage?”

“Mama,”
“Don’t interrupt, I’m not proud of the mistake you made years ago and I’m equally not proud of how you are handling the situation now.”

She coughed and continued, “When life presents you with problems and challenges, running away from them is not the solution. Stand and confront your problems, confront your fears. Something tells me this has to do with another woman.”

“Who told you mummy?” she asked, she had not expected to start the day with this mother to daughter talk but it seemed something good would come out of it.
“I thought I asked you not to interrupt, nobody told me anything. Let me tell you a secret, when you were about six years old, your father started acting strange,” she sighed and shook her head.

Omoye looked at her mother, why did her mother’s eyes look like the lacrimal glands were full and ready to secrete? Did her father cheat on her mother in the past?
“Mummy, I want to know, please tell me” she said while sitting beside her mother on the bed, it would be better if she did not see her mother’s tears.

Felicia sniffed, “Of course, I’ll tell you. I discovered your father was seeing another woman, the day I found out I left the house and went to my mother’s place. My father was late, but thank God for your grandma, may their souls rest in peace.”

“Amen,” Omoye replied, if her ears were functioning properly, it meant she was applying the same tactics her mother applied years ago. Blood was really thicker than water.

“You see, my mother sent me back immediately, she told me I was being foolish by allowing another woman gain complete access to my man. If something is yours, you fight for it, you don’t run away from your problems. If you run, no matter how long you stay away from the problem, it will still remain a problem until you take care of it.”

Omoye nodded, she was really being foolish. What if it was the lady that was seducing Osagie? Or what if Osagie had decided to have fun in Lagos? She did not know what really happened, all she knew was that it hurt so much that another woman had gained access to her man.

“Omoye, I should have sent you back that first day like my mother did, but I’ve missed you, I saw it as a good opportunity for me to spend time with you and my grandson. Just think things through and know that you have the power to choose, whatever choice you make, it is entirely upto you.”

She stood from the bed and adjusted her wrapper, “One more thing, all my friends have gone for their children’s wedding. You are my only child, please give me the joy of seeing you properly wedded. I’m off to the shop, I’ll see you when I get back.”

Felicia picked her purse which was on the table and carried a blue nylon bag, she checked the standing mirror to see if her scarf was still in place.
She was about to leave the room when Omoye spoke,

“Thank you Mama,” she turned and smiled at her daughter while nodding slightly.

Omoye lay on the bed, she had switched off her phone for days, Osagie would be worried in Lagos and he did not even know she knew about his two-timing, she brought out her phone from her bag and switched it on.

Minutes later, she received a text from Rosie. What? Osagie was in Benin? When did he arrive? And Rosie had told him about her visit to Lagos?

She was thinking of a way to address the whole mess when her phone began to ring.
Well, speak of the devil, Osagie was calling her, pressing the green button suddenly became a herculean task, what would she tell him over the phone?

She was still contemplating on picking the call when it ended, she sighed, it was better they talked later. Minutes later her mother’s words came to mind, face your problems.

Enough of the running, she picked her phone and dialled Osagie’s number.

She was going to get her man back.

*to be continued*

5 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2013
stefikal: My namesake ===> Ifyude...shey you know my name is Ify as well?
You just read but I've never really heard your thoughts...talk now, I'm sure every1 in d house would love to meet you..
My name is Ify oh. smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Make u update 1st

I just did ooo.

miss.terious:

My name is Ify oh. smiley

ehen!cheesy I don see anoda namesake, d oda Ify no wan answer me..I've updated
Re: Meant To Be by Cbellicious(f): 9:03am On Dec 18, 2013
hav bin followin dz page since i saw it ystrday thumbs up nyc story.pls can u write ur blog name again.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2013
Cbellicious: hav bin followin dz page since i saw it ystrday thumbs up nyc story.pls can u write ur blog name again.

tnks Cbellicious...I like ur name ooosmiley...it sounds deliciouscheesy

my blog site is www.stefikalinspires.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Waiting for d day sugarbabe_kemi@ would comment on dz thread
Re: Meant To Be by Sugarbabekemi(f): 10:51am On Dec 18, 2013
stefikal: Waiting for d day sugarbabe_kemi@ would comment on dz thread
aaarrghhhh! U caught me!bein a silent reader 4 a long tyme, Well, beautiful story nd I like d way u keep to ur promise abt updatin, just wonderin if the different parts in d story ar goin 2 link someday, I like d tomboy ish thing,I also pity sandra, soooooo keep writtin babes, we've got ur back!! smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:03am On Dec 18, 2013
Sugarbabe_kemi@:
aaarrghhhh! U caught me!bein a silent reader 4 a long tyme, Well, beautiful story nd I like d way u keep to ur promise abt updatin, just wonderin if the different parts in d story ar goin 2 link someday, I like d tomboy ish thing,I also pity sandra, soooooo keep writtin babes, we've got ur back!! smiley

*dancing etighi*
happy I got u to drop ur comment....
Sandra is in a mess, right? I hope she realises soonsad
about d diff parts linking...I can't really say ooo

@lorpeh, holusormi, testimony, and so many oda silent readers oyaa receive d anointing to comment even if na ordinary 'Hello'...cheesysmileygrin
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2013
Viewing this topic: lorpeh(f), D9ty7(m), teetee92(m), Fran asoan(f), loadux(f), The SoothSayer(m), Naomiaovor

sad
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2013
I still dey follow u. But wait o won't we make fp. Oya all readers of this gr8 stowi, let us all endorse this story for fp.
Re: Meant To Be by Hameenat94(f): 11:53am On Dec 18, 2013
Face ur prob,dnt run away 4rm it.nyc 1
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
D9ty7: I still dey follow u. But wait o won't we make fp. Oya all readers of this gr8 stowi, let us all endorse this story for fp.

I remain humble oooo...about FP its in d hands of d readers oooo...we'll get dere.

Hameenat94: Face ur prob,dnt run away 4rm it.nyc 1

tnks dear
Re: Meant To Be by Jumizie13(f): 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Jumizie13: Hmmmm

hmmmsmiley
Re: Meant To Be by SexySapphire(f): 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
"She was going to get her man back". How I love dat phrase. Dat's the spirit of a fighter. Dis is ma best update so far.

Kip it up Stefikal.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sexy Sapphire: "She was going to get her man back". How I love dat phrase. Dat's the spirit of a fighter. Dis is ma best update so far.

Kip it up Stefikal.

cheesy tnks...wow!
I feel happy 4 Omoye, d gal is growing up...tnks sapphire
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Four beautiful people just endorsed my story, @miss.terious,D9ty7,Prince Adepoju,Logodwhiz...God bless u guyz... kisskiss kiss kiss

@everyone> from d last two updates its obvious Omoye and Osagie are on d verge of doing some talking, so what do we think will happen? or rather what do we want to happen?

3 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^^ You're welcome. grin

I hope Omoye forgives him, I like them together embarassed
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
miss.terious:
^^^ You're welcome. grin

I hope Omoye forgives him, I like them together embarassed

tnks again

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ppl wey dey ans ify na no nonsense ppl,dem dey fyn too

ehee,I luv ds last update
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Ppl wey dey ans ify na no nonsense ppl,dem dey fyn too

ehee,I luv ds last update

Ify na fine name now...upon say d name get variety: Ifeoma, Ifechi, Ifeyinwa, Ifeanyi, Ifenna, and even calabar name Ifiokwink

tnks...I'm glad u guyz loved d last update
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
stefikal:

Ify na fine name now...upon say d name get variety: Ifeoma, Ifechi, Ifeyinwa, Ifeanyi, Ifenna, and even calabar name Ifiokwink

tnks...I'm glad u guyz loved d last update

I lyk ppl answerin Ify,I 4 say y I lyk u stef,cm lyk miss terious too,na nw I knw

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.