Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Meant To Be - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147628 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 8:08am On Dec 09, 2013
No kill us wt suspense sake of say patience na virtue
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
No kill us wt suspense sake of say patience na virtue

shey na gun I use abi na knife I wan use kill? tongue
Re: Meant To Be by carexy(f): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2013
intrestin story....nice work! So what happened next.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2013
carexy: intrestin story....nice work! So what happened next.

tnks dear, I guess we'd hv 2 found out soon
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
Stef I go vex o
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Stef I go vex o

cheesy from Stephanie to Ella: 'abeg no vex'...bt I don update 2day nowgrin
Re: Meant To Be by sconp: 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
stefikal:

srzly! Make I pop limca, scon-p
2day way u decide 2 comment, beta go dey ground be dt oooo...tnks

@chade: i sight u jawee... Api new week evrybody
lol
Re: Meant To Be by Cheriepet: 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
bia Stef which one b ur own?? how u go dey make hungry catch me inside plenty?

oya beta come update or?

i go carry Ella stone u...

(Ella abeg no vex na joke oooo)

Stef abeg come cool my temper
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
Cheriepet: bia Stef which one b ur own?? how u go dey make hungry catch me inside plenty?

oya beta come update or?

lolzzz...grin
cherie wan use ella stone me...u no lyk me oooo...bt i don update 2day now, i go continue 2mrw
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
stefikal:

lolzzz...grin
cherie wan use ella stone me...u no lyk me oooo...bt i don update 2day now, i go continue 2mrw
Lazy girl.. But this attitude has to stop..
Are u that busy??
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
LogoDWhiz:
Lazy girl.. But this attitude has to stop..
Are u that busy??

haha! Logo... I updated very early dz mrnin now n I intend 2 update 2mrw... D truth z I'm down with malaria, catarrh, cough n srz headache...my frnds in d hostel hv bin asking me 2 sleep, I want 2 bt d sleep no gree come.

I just didnt want 2 state dt I'm strong so it wont appear like I'm forming...bt seriously I updated dis morning and I'll update 2mrw...no vex 4 me ooooo...abeg
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
stefikal:

haha! Logo... I updated very early dz mrnin now n I intend 2 update 2mrw... D truth z I'm down with malaria, catarrh, cough n srz headache...my frnds in d hostel hv bin asking me 2 sleep, I want 2 bt d sleep no gree come.

I just didnt want 2 state dt I'm strong so it wont appear like I'm forming...bt seriously I updated dis morning and I'll update 2mrw...no vex 4 me ooooo...abeg
Okay... I really understand you, and I feel sorry...
Dont mind me jhor.. Just being greedy, was expecting more.. Get well soon dear..
Actually, where are you schooling?
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
LogoDWhiz:
Okay... I really understand you, and I feel sorry...
Dont mind me jhor.. Just being greedy, was expecting more.. Get well soon dear..
Actually, where are you schooling?

tnks...I gez I jst need to rest...I'll update by 12am if I dont doze off.

I skl in D college of medicine...Unilag
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
stefikal:

tnks...I gez I jst need to rest...I'll update by 12am if I dont doze off.

I skl in D college of medicine...Unilag

Okay... Wish you all d best dear... And quick recovery...
Take your time and have a nice night rest...
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 12:00am On Dec 10, 2013
Cheriepet: bia Stef which one b ur own?? how u go dey make hungry catch me inside plenty?

oya beta come update or?

hmmmmm
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:07am On Dec 10, 2013
*continued*

Dami logged into her facebook account, she opened her secondary school group. She had to contact Tinu at least to save her head again, she clicked on members, after scrolling through about one thousand and thirty eight names, she got no result.

She had to change her game plan, she clicked on another group suggested by facebook. The reason she clicked on this group was because she saw a familiar name as a member. She requested to join the group, instantly she got a notification that she had been accepted by Tinudiva pweedylips.

She clicked on Tinudiva pweedylips, what if this was the Tinu she was looking for? She viewed the pictures only to be disappointed. There was a particular picture however that caught her attention, it was the picture of eight girls wearing blue shorts on white tops, some of the girls looked mature than the others.

Tinudiva pweedylips was in the picture along with two ladies whose faces where familiar, and then it was as if fate decided to smile on her. She saw that Oloyede Tinu was tagged in the picture, there was only one girl she knew by that surname, but she seriously had doubts that the Tinu she knew would use a simply facebook name like that.

On Clicking the timeline of the Oloyede Tinu, her doubts were confirmed.

----------------------

Osagie knocked on Iya Bobo's door, he knew the woman was a housewife. If she was home, she would be able to supply him with explanations as his imagination had continued to run wild.

He knocked slightly again, the last thing he wanted was creating a disturbance. The door opened with Iya Bobo holding a broom,
"Ah! Baba Victor, good afternoon, when you come back? Welcome oh." she greeted.

"Good afternoon, he never tey wey I land jaweee," he smiled. If he was going to get any information from this woman, he had to be courteous as possible.
"Shey you bring something for us shaaa?" she asked while hitting the head of the broom on her palm.

Osagie sensed that she was busy, it would benefit both parties if he cut to the chase, "Yes I shaa buy bread, abeg you know where my wife go?"
"She no dey?" Iya Bobo asked, she obviously had no idea as to Omoye's whereabout.

"No, she no dey house," Osagie replied.
"Ha! maybe she go market or her shop," she suggested.
"He be like say you no understand, she pack all her bags, she tell you say she wan travel?" he finally asked.

"No ooo," she dropped the broom on the floor and adjusted her wrapper, "And I see am yesterday oh, but she no yarn me anything."
"Okay, thank you." Osagie said while turning away from her door.

"Call am for phone now," Iya Bobo shouted from behind, "and no forget our bread oh."
"I don hear, greet your husband," he said before finally heading out of the corridor.

Walking on the street, he kept on asking himself questions, was this how he was going to be punished for playing a fast one on Sandra. Speaking of Sandra, the last time she had called was when he was in the bus.

He knew Sandra would call again, he just hoped it wasn't going to be soon. What on earth was wrong with Omoye anyways? Couldn't she come out from wherever she was and allow them resolve the issue like adults?

The annoying part was that he had no clue to what the problem was, she had been avoiding his call ever since.

If she moved out, where could she have moved to? The only friend he knew she had was Rosie, but Rosie was in Lagos. Her parents were out of the options, they had made clear their stand on him years ago.

Omoye had to choose between them and him and she had chosen him, although Omoye's mother was still in contact with her daughter and grandson. She did it without the knowledge of her husband, so there was no way Omoye would have gone to her parents.

He had Omoye's mum phone number, he could call to inform her of the situation of things, he might even be lucky to get some information on her whereabouts, She was their daughter after all.

But what if calling the woman put him into more trouble, Omoye's father was a cruel man, the man could hand him over to the police by fabricating some silly story.

Before he realised it he had gotten to the end of his street, where was he going to in the first place? He asked himself, he turned and started walking back to his place.

He was feeling back pains, the journey to Benin had been fairly rough with the driver making sure to scare the hell out of the passengers. The passengers had kept on bouncing like children having fun in a bouncy castle, the difference however was that they screamed out of fear unlike little kids who screamed out for joy.

How he managed to sleep in the bus was a mystery to him, that was an obvious sign of how tired he was. And here he was in Benin only for Omoye to complicate issues, he took out his phone and dialled her number only to be told it was switched off.

Women were just complicated, did she not know the mental torture he was going through.

He cursed silently, she had better have a good reason for all this drama.

3 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:53am On Dec 10, 2013
Hmmm..
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 2:40am On Dec 10, 2013
And u should also have a better reason for not updating at 2.40am
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2013
Osagie,nxt tym u'l b careful,u don hurt my omoye nw
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:40am On Dec 10, 2013
kingphilip: And u should also have a better reason for not updating at 2.40am

lolzzz...na Omoye need good reason ooooo, i don update 4 2day already...till 2mrw
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:43am On Dec 10, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Hmmm..

smiley

D.Ella.luv:
Osagie,nxt tym u'l b careful,u don hurt my omoye nw

no mind dt boy..shey na Osagie be him name abi na Fola sef undecided
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 10:20am On Dec 10, 2013
stefikal:

lolzzz...na Omoye need good reason ooooo, i don update 4 2day already...till 2mrw

u n who discuss that one say na once in a day
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:32am On Dec 10, 2013
kingphilip:
u n who discuss that one say na once in a day

initially d plan wz 2 update on alternate days...bt I later switched 2 everyday...#I can't update twice a day...#I'm sorry
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 10:37am On Dec 10, 2013
stefikal:

initially d plan wz 2 update on alternate days...bt I later switched 2 everyday...#I can't update twice a day...#I'm sorry
k no p jst make it very long
Re: Meant To Be by Cheriepet: 1:52am On Dec 11, 2013
i tot i ovaheard somewhere u were not feeling strong, wishing u quick recovery n enuf rest to get back strong.

n tanks for taking ur tyme to update

*hugs*
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:24am On Dec 11, 2013
Cheriepet: i tot i ovaheard somewhere u were not feeling strong, wishing u quick recovery n enuf rest to get back strong.

n tanks for taking ur tyme to update

*hugs*

tnks Cherie...I'm getting beta... Tnk u kiss
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2013
Dedicated to Sir Larry Sun,I really appreciate your reviews on my work(You guys should check out his story,Its splufic.I’m still on it and I totally love it)

-12-

“Mummy, please which of these buckets do you use for bathing?” Omoye asked.
“Use the blue bucket, are you going to your shop today?” her mother asked.
“No, I just want to have my bath and rest.”
“and Victor?”

“He’ll continue school nextweek.” Omoye looked at Victor who was busy feasting on the rice and beans his grandmother had prepared earlier that morning.
“You are lucky oh, thank God your father travelled. Else I don’t know what drama I’d have watched, you should have called before coming now.” Felicia said to her daughter, she was tired of the rift between her husband and her daughter and her prayer everyday was for both of them to reunite as family.

She picked up her slipper while advancing towards the cupboard, she hit a big cockroach that was about to hide behind the cupboard.
“Silly things, I wonder how many times one has to fumigate before getting rid of them totally.”
She picked the dead insect with a broom and threw it in the dustbin, she adjusted her wrapper and sat on the bed.

“You realise you are yet to tell me why you came over especially without notifying me.” she spoke to Omoye without making eye contact. She was convinced that something was not just right since Omoye showed up at her shop yesterday with her bags.

“Mummy, I just wanted to spend time here, Osagie travelled and I just decided to spend time with you and Daddy even if it would be for a few days.” Omoye replied and smiled, she hoped the story was convincing enough even though it did not sound convincing to her.

Felicia directed her gaze to Omoye who was looking at the buckets, the fact that Omoye was avoiding eye contact was not the only proof that she was lying, her reply was equally lame. How would she just re-surface on the claims of wanting to spend time after her father had warned her about visiting.

Felicia looked at her daughter, the proverb ‘the teeth are smiling, but is the face?’ came to mind, she knew behind the smile Omoye wore something was wrong. She would just wait for the truth to reveal itself.

———————

The timeline had posts of people wishing her a happy birthday, the birthday was a year before. Did it mean that Tinu hardly logged into facebook, Dami checked the photos, this was the Tinu she was looking but if the last posts on her wall were birthday wishes from eight months ago, it meant something was wrong.

She clicked on older posts till she saw a post which read

Trashing this account, add me on my new fb account TeenhuDiva GuysSuck GalsRock.

Dami snorted, who ever used silly names like this? But the joy of being close to achieving her mission made her smile, finding Tinu meant phase one was completed.

Phase two was sending her friend request and an inbox message to be sure. She did that and closed her browser, so much work just to find somebody on the internet, thank God for technology.

She stood from her bed while leaving her phone on the bed,
“Where are you off to?” her bunkmate’s friend asked. The girl had come to visit only to meet Dami in the room.

“I have to pee, I’ll be back soon.” she replied.
She got to the bathroom only to discover it was locked. Why would the porters lock the bathroom, situations like this would require her visiting the next wing just to use the toilet.

She was still contemplating on going to the next wing or going upstairs when a girl passed by her and said, “Its better you go upstairs ooo, the porters locked it because a student broke the toilet bowl, and the other wing is messed up.”

“Oh, thanks.” she replied and walked upstairs.
How would someone break the toilet bowl? She laughed to herself, the girl must weigh more than Big Show , she just found it hard to believe that the toilet bowl got broken as a result of one person’s weight.

She got upstairs and used the toilet, she was about to head downstairs when she heard someone call her name, she turned to see her coursemate Aminat.

“Madam, how far now?” she greeted.
“I’m good oh, I was about to come to your room sef, I want you to explain something to me.” Aminat replied.
“Shey your room is on this wing?” she asked.

“Its on this floor but not on this wing, do you mind explaining it to me now?”
“I don’t, lets just go to your room.” She would not appreciate any visitor coming over to her room later, she might not even have a solution to whatever Aminat wanted to be coached on, but there is no harm in trying, is there?

Aminat opened her door while moving to her reading table, she turned towards Dami,
“you know my roomates right? Well except Nkechi, she is in accounting.” Aminat explained.
Dami waved to the girls, she joined Aminat, “So?”

“Yeah, could you help me solve this question?” Aminat requested while passing Dami a piece of paper and a black pen.

“There’s no way I’m using this,” she replied coldly.

*To Be Continued*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sorry I didn't add the link to Larry-sun's novel...here it is: https://www.nairaland.com/1083003/brand-cain-complete-novel
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
Still following like my life depended on the story.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
D9ty7: Still following like my life depended on the story.

tnks Boss
Re: Meant To Be by sconp: 7:07am On Dec 12, 2013
*observing cool
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2013
@scon-p: lolzzz, na evrytym u dey observe...dt ur glasses ehn, u sure say he dey help u observe wella..lolzzzcheesy tnk you

@Kingphilip: tnks, I mean d fact that u feel my story is qualified 4 FP such that u endorsed it twice...#AmHonoured
@PrinceAdepoju n LogoDWhiz: tnk u guys 4 endorsing my story...I hope not to disappoint.

I'll update later bt it certainly will be dz mrnin, plzzz beautiful pple if u tink dere's sth I'm probably nt doing right, do not hesitate to correct me...thank you kisskisskisskisskiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.