Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Meant To Be - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147624 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:39am On Dec 12, 2013
*continued*

Aminat looked at Dami with surprise, "girl, chill its just a pen."
Dami realised she must have yelled, "I'm sorry but I don't use black biros." she apologised.

Aminat brought a blue biro and gave to Dami who solved the question while explaining it to her.
"Oh, I see the mistake I made before, I failed to convert the temperature to kelvin, thank you." Aminat replied while going through the solution.

Dami bade the girls goodbye and returned to her room, she felt bad that she had yelled at Aminat over a black pen, the girl would think she was a psycho.

Why was she even taking her anger out on a mere object? If there was anyone who deserved her anger it was Evelyn and her wicked mother.

When she got to her room, the girl she left behind was busy on a magazine and did not notice her enter. She sat on her bed and was about to rest her head on the bed when her visitor spoke,
"Hey you're back, your phone was ringing earlier"

She turned to the girl, "thank you, does Chinaza know you're waiting for her?" she asked, the girl had been waiting for long.
"Yes, I'm her cousin, I might sleep over today sef," the girl replied.

"Okay." Dami picked up her phone, three missed calls from a private number. Why was Evelyn calling her again, the girl had sent her a facebook request which she had ignored, but that did not stop Evelyn from bombarding her inbox with messages and now she was calling her again.

She would have to apologise to Aminat again, just because of a mere biro she was being rude to people who had nothing to do with her problems.

Back when she was in SS2, the biology teacher was explaining the circulatory system to the class. He had then drawn the human heart on the left part of the board while he wrote the note on the remaining part of the board.

Her biro had chosen that moment to stop writing, she had asked her colleagues sitting beside her for a spare pen but nobody had. Mr Bolaji had then queried her on why she was disturbing the entire class.

She had then explained to the teacher who asked the students to help out their classmate. That was when Evelyn walked up to her and gave her a black pen, Dami had never noticed the girl before maybe she was a newly transferred student.

She had however collected the pen and used it for the class, after the class she had returned the pen to Evelyn who had told Dami she could use it for the whole day.

Dami had gladly taken the pen back to her seat, the pen was beautifully designed and she secretly wished she could keep it.

Alas after school Evelyn was nowhere to be found, inasmuch as Dami liked the pen she wanted to return it. Evelyn was absent the next day as well, the third day when she came to school, Dami could not find the pen in her bag.

She had searched her bag thoroughly but the pen was missing, what would she tell the new girl? She was still racking her brain for a sensible excuse when Evelyn walked to her seat.

"Hey Dami," Evelyn greeted, Dami stared at her in surprise, she did not tell her name the other day, did she?

Evelyn laughed, "I know your name now, everyone does too, I'm Evelyn."
Dami smiled, "Oh, sorry Evelyn good morning" how would she tell her that she had misplaced her fine biro, "Errm, Evelyn please the pen you gave me..."

"Just keep it don't worry" Evelyn interrupted.
"Thank you," she replied, how would somebody give out a very fine pen like that?

Ever since that day, she and Evelyn had mysteriously become close, she had no idea they were even close until some of her classmates joked saying that they were BFF.

Then came the day Evelyn had invited Dami over to her place, she had refused but the girl had kept on insisting, when they got to Evelyn's home Dami had sat on the sofa and Evelyn had quickly given her a peck on the cheeks.

Dami had not seen that coming, but she had ignored it Evelyn was a girl afterall and she was a girl too. One visit had there and then transformed to many visits.

Emeka who had been asking Dami out ever since they were in SS1 had suddenly started avoiding her, she liked him but she turned down his offers, she had told him they were still young for it but the guy had kept on persisting insisting that other classmates were dating.

She was sad that Emeka avoided her, she never knew the reason behind him avoiding her and she was shy to ask him about it. Evelyn had advised her to forget him and focus on other things like school, their friendship and her family.

She had felt blessed to have such a caring friend who was giving her a wonderful advice.

The day her regard for Evelyn and her mother changed was the last day she went to Evelyn's house.

The bodies she saw on the settee in a compromising position was what did the magic.

3 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:23am On Dec 12, 2013
Initially when dz thread started so many pple use 2 drop comments, bt recently I dunno d comments hv ceased to come...wen I say comments, not just praises...it includes constructive criticism, observations, corrections...plzzz guys I want 2 be beta, and I need ur help in achieving that.

Or is it dt d story is now boring or has it lost its touch? I really need to know
Re: Meant To Be by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
stefikal: Initially when dz thread started so many pple use 2 drop comments, bt recently I dunno d comments hv ceased to come...wen I say comments, not just praises...it includes constructive criticism, observations, corrections...plzzz guys I want 2 be beta, and I need ur help in achieving that.

Or is it dt d story is now boring or has it lost its touch? I really need to know
i guess it's cos of the irregular updates, was forced to comment tho.
*following*
Re: Meant To Be by MsSpaqs(f): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Trust me if there's anything 2 criticize you'll know wink
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: i guess it's cos of the irregular updates, was forced to comment tho.
*following*

irregular? But I promised 2 update everyday and I've bin doing so now #Confused...plz enlighten me more

tnks 4 following smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Trust me if there's anything 2 criticize you'll know wink

keeping my fingers crossed den
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Na God save u,had it bn u cntinued keepn us in d dark abt evelyn I 4 flog u,trust me na
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Na God save u,had it bn u cntinued keepn us in d dark abt evelyn I 4 flog u,trust me na

sad I no knw say I dey put u in d dark oooo...I'm sorry

tonguegrin
Re: Meant To Be by Fonydear(f): 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Great
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
Fonydear: Great

tnks Fony
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
Stef i must confess, there is nothing to criticize in work.
The story is just too....... Even tho its not perfect but am sure its moving closer to perfection.
Am still ur boy, D9ty7.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
stefikal: Initially when dz thread started so many pple use 2 drop comments, bt recently I dunno d comments hv ceased to come...wen I say comments, not just praises...it includes constructive criticism, observations, corrections...plzzz guys I want 2 be beta, and I need ur help in achieving that.

Lol.. Your story has being interesting.. I wish I could keep saying something after each updates, but I don't want my words to lose its value..
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
D9ty7: Stef i must confess, there is nothing to criticize in work.
The story is just too....... Even tho its not perfect but am sure its moving closer to perfection.
Am still ur boy, D9ty7.

tnks D9ty7, please kindly modify d bolded to 'Boss'
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
stefikal:

tnks D9ty7, please kindly modify d bolded to 'Boss'
'Boss' ke?
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
LogoDWhiz:
Lol.. Your story has being interesting.. I wish I could keep saying something after each updates, but I don't want my words to lose its value..

ha Logo, d fact dt u started ur comment with 'lol' means I'm sounding silly, right?
I gez I get ur pt, if sum1 kips commenting, d words would lose value...hmmmm
bt asides frm pple lyk urself, kingphilip, ella, cheriepet (4give me if I didn't include your name)...in d start of dz thread, dere were pple who dropped comments...I was just wondering if dey got tired of my story.

4give my being silly n talkativeness... Thank you.

P.S. What i just wrote, does it even make sense? I think I need a nap
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
D9ty7:
'Boss' ke?

Yes BOSS
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
stefikal:

ha Logo, d fact dt u started ur comment with 'lol' means I'm sounding silly, right?
I gez I get ur pt, if sum1 kips commenting, d words would lose value...hmmmm
bt asides frm pple lyk urself, kingphilip, ella, cheriepet (4give me if I didn't include your name)...in d start of dz thread, dere were pple who dropped comments...I was just wondering if dey got tired of my story.

4give my being silly n talkativeness... Thank you.

P.S. What i just wrote, does it even make sense? I think I need a nap
Lol.. I was actually laughing due to your sarcasm...
You are not being silly.. Just being your normal self...
Maybe, they are actually busy.. We all have diff life schedule...
I hope I can keep up my attendance on NL when ASUU finally calls off.....
It makes sense.. Don't snore too much ooo.. wink cool

Just continue to strive to be better and things will turn out better...
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
LogoDWhiz:
Lol.. I was actually laughing due to your sarcasm...
You are not being silly.. Just being your normal self...
Maybe, they are actually busy.. We all have diff life schedule...
I hope I can keep up my attendance on NL when ASUU finally calls off.....

Just continue to strive to be better and things will turn out better...

okay, "I tink dey r busy" is a gud explanation...bt d no of views moving frm 3000sth to 4k plus today...hmmmm

I hope to be consistent too when skl resumes fully january oooo
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hey stef em gudpm seems i've been somehw influenced these days....sometimes its network dat stops me frm reading and other tyms the network only allows me to read and den will not allow me comment
u are doing a gr8 job here probably because i'm not an english student dats y i cant see any mistakes...
Jst keep it up u'll surely get there
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
stefikal:

okay, "I tink dey r busy" is a gud explanation...bt d no of views moving frm 3000sth to 4k plus today...hmmmm

I hope to be consistent too when skl resumes fully january oooo
Okay then.. More ink to your pen..
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
kingphilip: Hey stef em gudpm seems i've been somehw influenced these days....sometimes its network dat stops me frm reading and other tyms the network only allows me to read and den will not allow me comment
u are doing a gr8 job here probably because i'm not an english student dats y i cant see any mistakes...
Jst keep it up u'll surely get there

tnks kingphilip, make dt network behave oooooo or else na Tinu I go call for am
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ah d9ty7,LOGOWHIZ and stef...xo dis kind tin dey appen and una no inform me walai iyaf binu 4u all...abah una no try oh I just dey para scatter all d chairs around *fuming in rage hmmph hmmph*
Hmmmn started reading from page 0 2day by 7:00pm naw its almost 9:30 stef u got me glued I lyk d twist n turn of evrytin in dis storyline....I like d way u put each character in his/her own story line with different settings...
As for constructive criticism tin its because u aint updating regularly sum people mite av lost interest I know its not easy 2write a story as complicated as dis bt try ur best 2update regularly,just lyk magic u wud c people's comment coming tru **cliche** bt nevadless great work my dear I'm surely following dis thread...**like oliver twist** I nid more...still I follow!
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
LogoDWhiz:
Okay then.. More ink to your pen..

Tnkswink
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
walewunmi: Ah d9ty7,LOGOWHIZ and stef...xo dis kind tin dey appen and una no inform me walai iyaf binu 4u all...abah una no try oh I just dey para scatter all d chairs around *fuming in rage hmmph hmmph*
Hmmmn started reading from page 0 2day by 7:00pm naw its almost 9:30 stef u got me glued I lyk d twist n turn of evrytin in dis storyline....I like d way u put each character in his/her own story line with different settings...
As for constructive criticism tin its because u aint updating regularly sum people mite av lost interest I know its not easy 2write a story as complicated as dis bt try ur best 2update regularly,just lyk magic u wud c people's comment coming tru **cliche** bt nevadless great work my dear I'm surely following dis thread...**like oliver twist** I nid more...still I follow!

Sowie bro,,, I think say u don sabi. No vex..
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 12:20am On Dec 13, 2013
Steph, I'm still here. I still love the story. smiley
Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2013
LogoDWhiz:

Sowie bro,,, I think say u don sabi. No vex..
Aiit my padi apology accepted!

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by KingzPen(m): 7:22am On Dec 13, 2013
Keep The Good Work Up... Learning Patiently From Your Story And Your Writing Style... You Are The Best...
Re: Meant To Be by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:33am On Dec 13, 2013
stefikal:

irregular? But I promised 2 update everyday and I've bin doing so now #Confused...plz enlighten me more

tnks 4 following smiley
carry on, my dear...You're Great!
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:11am On Dec 13, 2013
walewunmi: Ah d9ty7,LOGOWHIZ and stef...xo dis kind tin dey appen and una no inform me walai iyaf binu 4u all...abah una no try oh I just dey para scatter all d chairs around *fuming in rage hmmph hmmph*

ah! Bouncer of life...#I'm sorry...
I didn't knw u were nt aware.
*kneels down lyk a yoruba woman of 1823*...ejor Sir, e da ri ji mi smiley

tnks 4 following
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2013
miss.terious:
Steph, I'm still here. I still love the story. smiley

tnks dear
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2013
KingzPen: Keep The Good Work Up... Learning Patiently From Your Story And Your Writing Style... You Are The Best...

tnks 4 waiting patiently...
Best Hmmm...4give my unbelief bt hmmm...lips sealed.

Tnks againsmiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: carry on, my dear...You're Great!

tnks Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.