Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,727 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? (18447 Views)

The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / CBN Bank Verification Number Is The Antichrist's Number / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by InHim4Him(m): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
carr101: The promise of the prophet Joel was that "sons and daughters" would prophesy after the Holy Spirit was given to the church (Joel 2:28, emphasis added). Yet Christians have taken one misunderstood verse from Paul's writings and used it to negate hundreds of other passages that support the full release of women into ministry.

I'm not even religious but isn't this^^ what the bible says?? undecided

As usual, Christians would be Christians. Always picking a verse to suit themselves and ignoring the rest!
Does possession of prophetic gift or utterance confer on anybody automatic right to leadership? How many of the recorded prophets were priests and or kings? How many of them were women?

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
InHim4Him:
Does possession of prophetic gift or utterance confer on anybody automatic right to leadership? How many of the recorded prophets were priests and or kings? How many of them were women?

firstly, define prophesy...
when ur done, u then take out ur arguement with the bible. I only quoted what ur bible said, they are not my words dear smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by tpapi: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Jayses: My pastor is a female @ does that takes away my manly hood ?
where do u worship
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by akwunmi(m): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Aboki:

grin

Bros, Na Allah dey reign o!!

#Team:: No God but Allah..
Well done mr aboki but try Not to mislead our christians brodas n sistas about allah,wu is allah GOD!!! Wu is GOD?? ALLAH!!!
GOD IS ALLAH D CREATOR OF ALL.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Excel23: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
TheMadame: 1st Timothy Chapter 2 verse 12 KJV.
12.But I permit not a woman to teach.
Nor to have authority over the man.
But to be in silence.
that was paul's first letter to timothy, so paul was issuing out the instruction not God
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
InHim4Him: How many women did Jesus ordain?

and did he speak against it? You might as well not get married because Jesus didn't marry! undecided undecided

the things of the spirit can be perfectly understood when you have the holyspirit to guide you wink wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
who am i to judge? latest browsing cheating and daily football prediction at http://olekumaster..com whatsapp me on 0.8.0.6.6.3.8.7.1.9.5
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by mvem(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
ire4me:
What is the meaning of allah? I think it means God. If you believe there is no God but Allah and you are a Nigerian, it means you are a slave. A slave always put another mans language over his own. don't be offended
.....is english ur languague...even sometimes the hausa refer God as Allah..its same thing..
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by mvem(m): 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
Excel23: that was paul's first letter to timothy, so paul was issuing out the instruction not God
......so what re u trying to say....becos it is from paul then it is not for God....re u foolish....
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by mvem(m): 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
speedyboi:

and did he speak against it? You might as well not get married because Jesus didn't marry! undecided undecided

the things of the spirit can be perfectly understood when you have the holyspirit to guide you wink wink grin grin
......so u with the holyspirit tell us wether it is right or not for a woman to preach in a church gathering
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
Thatz why the Catholic and Orthodox Churches do not ordain women priests.it only began in pentecostal Churches and has recently entered the Anglican church

3 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dantedasz: The passage is self explanatory-women are to be SILENT in all issues related to Christianity,they are to be seen and not to be heard. Any woman preaching on a pulpit in church is a sinner and has gone against the doctrine of the church-simple.
Stop trying to put a gloss on what the Bible say!
ok first of all, wow! Truly by their fruits you shall know them. You are a sexist but I thank God that He is not.
@op, I want you to understand that God is not a respecter of person or sex. He uses whom he will. It is true that paul wrote this to the church in his time and I'm sure something must have led to such a decision.
BUT
Anybody, I repeat anybody can preach on a pulpit as long as it is the will of God for your life. Genuine pastors are called by God...they didn't just wake up and decide to become one. And God can call anybody, be it a man or a woman.
The bible says in acts 2:17  "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams" God can use anyone.... Woman or man. Do not let anyone deceive you.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by vickyO(f): 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
Of course not . Look at Kathryn Kumar, Joyce Meyers. the former was one of the greatest healing ministers of her time while the later is bringing positive changes to planet earth. Paul teaches doctrines but those from God he clearly states. He doesn't make it a must to obey those he gives but the ones given by God.
There's nothing bad about it, we all are doing our father's business. If you're capable go on ahead, he's got your back. We need more laborers in the vine yard, if the women are capable, go on.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by otokx(m): 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
akandea: Except you have an issue with the bible! A woman can not lead or direct in the church where there are men 1 Tim 2:9- 15 ; 1 cor 14: 34 -36 was explicit enough.
Let call a spade a spade

no be small thing o
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by vickyO(f): 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
I can't believe some male believers could be so rash with their words shocked. See how they've degraded women cry. Gosh, and you expect us to submit to you . God of mercy.
And if y'all notice, wherever a woman pastors, love thrives. GOOGLE IT

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by okpurukata(f): 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
vickyO: I can't believe some male believers could be so rash with their words shocked. See how they've degraded women cry. Gosh, and you expect us to submit to you . God of mercy.
And if y'all notice, wherever a woman pastors, love thrives. GOOGLE IT

I disagree with you. The church just beside my bedroom is pastored by a woman. What you hear there everyday is gossip. 'They said my daughter bought weav on of N10k" they said I will fast until I die, they said I will ot succeed. And such talks regularly. A woman is ot permitted to pastor a church. Full stop.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Originalsly: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
JustifiedChild: ok first of all, wow! Truly by their fruits you shall know them. You are a sexist but I thank God that He is not.
@op, I want you to understand that God is not a respecter of person or sex. He uses whom he will. It is true that paul wrote this to the church in his time and I'm sure something must have led to such a decision.
BUT
Anybody, I repeat anybody can preach on a pulpit as long as it is the will of God for your life. Genuine pastors are called by God...they didn't just wake up and decide to become one. And God can call anybody, be it a man or a woman.
The bible says in acts 2:17  "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams" God can use anyone.... Woman or man. Do not let anyone deceive you.
Which woman God has ever used or called in a leadership/pastoral role?...in the old days or modern days? How do you know that person was called by God and is not of the devil? Mother Theresa is known worldwide for her works with the poorest of the poor which made her an "angel on earth" when in fact she had no faith in God. ...all works and no faith. You are deceiving people by just making pronouncements based on misinterpretation. The Bible is very clear and precise on this matter...no ifs nor buts.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by judedwriter(m): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
God is not a feminist...neither is he a chauvinist. If he has called u to preach the gospel-woe to u if u don't obey, whether u r male or female. God also calls women to preach d gospel.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
JustifiedChild: ok first of all, wow! Truly by their fruits you shall know them. You are a sexist but I thank God that He is not.
BUT

My dear,
You are free to call me what you want. A woman like you opened this thread because she wants to learn which apparently is something you are not ready to do.
Read 1st Timothy chapter 2 from the begining to the end and see how it puts women in their right position in the scheme of things in the church.
Once again NO woman can stand on the pulpit and lead a church once ONE man is present in the congregation. Pastors know this but because they feed off the blood and body of Christ they choose to be silent on this chapter.
Read your Bible,don't read your pastor,the knowledge is in your hands!

3 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by broderick01: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
Gud day pple. If any1 can say a woman can b d head of d church den simply she can b d head of d home also, cos d home is also a temple of God. Preaching is not d problem bt she preaching in a pulpit in front of d congregation dts d problem.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: How can you allow someone who has/sees her periods to lead you? How can a woman lead where men are gathered?

Goes to show how biased,anti-feminine all Abrahamic religion are!!! Patheric
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
jude d writer: God is not a feminist...neither is he a chauvinist. If he has called u to preach the gospel-woe to u if u don't obey, whether u r male or female. God also calls women to preach d gospel.

Continue living in denial
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Rachel123: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
aboki or allah ppl normather how christian wowo reach is still better dan u ppl,so praise jesus
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
shachris:

grin missed you, bro. where have you been?
Hey shachris whats good with ya ? i been around. religion section is where I ply my trade. trust all is copacetic wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by TheMadame(f): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
Wow !
Just got back from church to see this.
I wish to state this was not the original title of my thread. The original title was-1st Timothy chapter 2 verse 12. Explain please.
I guess one of the moderators changed the title.
I believe we should read our Bible regularly and always ask questions on issues that are not clear to us as Christians in order to increase our knowledge and understanding of the Bible.
I appreciate all contributors to the thread.
Once again thank you for keeping it clean.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by adebayojoy(m): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
Women are evangelist too. and can teach people outside the congregation just as priscilla did in the market.but in the church it is simple.i do not permit woman to teach.so women teaching,leading and praying are outrightly dishournoring God.and the men saying Amen in that church brings calamity on the woman.kora dathan and abiram perished simply because they were leading when they must not even when they were men.how much more women. the authority by God is always to men first to Noah son then Jacob twelve sons.then Jesus' twelve apostle.women are helper not teacher to the bonafide member of the congregation.1corinthia 14:33, 34,35.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by AroOkigbo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
No!
Those who kill in the name of religion are!

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by trolling(m): 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
The Hebraic culture and ways of Abraham,Isaac,Jacob and Moses who gave the law does not permit a woman to stand behind the pulpit and teach, its an abominable act for a Hebrewess woman to teach a man or run the congregration,in christianity anything goes because Solomon said her ways are unstable. christianity is strange to Hebrew Israelites, yall dont keep our laws,you go about establishing your own righteousness which is not according to scriptures and knowledge,take for an example who ordain the day of the sun as a day of worship?, anyways according to the law a woman is not allowed in the sanctuary when she is unclean,she's not allowed in the sanctuary 40 or 80 after she conceives a child because she's unclean,holy things can't be defiled with uncleaniness but with christianity anything goes,you pagans go about to establish your own righteousness which is not written in the scripture,so when she's on her period you think the Holy One of Israel would permit her to defile the sanctuary,like a poster said you Christians are confused

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by simdam500(m): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
If female preacher are antichrist... Wat will u call those dey converted
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Maximus85(m): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
Agishon: acts 18:26 Priscilla. and Aquila explained the Scripture to Apollos who was a man. this might help us.

Yes you are right. They corrected Apollos but not in a church gathering or a church as a whole. It was individually done. Standing in the pulpit is what we are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Church Members Of Lagos Pastor Held For Drug Trafficking Disappear / What You Must Know Before You Die / Same-Sex Marriage: Catholic Teaching Doesn’t Change – Bishops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.