Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? (18445 Views)

The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / CBN Bank Verification Number Is The Antichrist's Number / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Maximus85(m): 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
clip: Some interpret this passage to mean that women should never teach in the assembled church. However,others commentators say that Paul's word "I suffer not"( I never let) can be more literally translated"I am not allowing" Paul did not forbid women from ever teaching men. Paul' s commended co-worker, Prisilla,thought Apollos,the great preacher ( Act 18:24-26). In addition,Paul frequently mentioned other women who held positions of responsibility in the church. Phebe worked in the church ( Romans 16:1) Mary,Tryphena were the Lord's workers (Romans 16:6,12) as were Euodias and syntyche (Philippians 4:2) Paul was here prohibiting the Ephesians women, but not all women from teaching.

I'm very sorry but you are very wrong. Paul was referring to all women. A woman can teach a man but not in the church, in the church they are to be silent as to teaching. Na listen dem must listen. Apostle Paul com say...if something dey wey she no understand....if she reach house make she ask her husband. Shikena!!!!
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Maximus85(m): 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
Jayses: My pastor is a female @ does that takes away my manly hood ?

That's a big shame.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Maximus85(m): 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
rexbuton: In The church where apostle paul declared that women should be silent, is It not possible that The women were known to be rowdy? And considering that It was The only instance such a declaration was given.. We should also look a jewish tradition at that time, women played a nominal role in The society, lets leave it at that... But the same scripture states that, " in the end time, i'll pour my spirit upon all flesh", so it doesn't really matter who works for God as long as your works are acceptable and you dont work in error.. The ultimate goal is winning as many souls as possible

Typical Nigerian. Twisting what the Bible says to benefit u. Weldon. May the good God open ur eyes and eye.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Maximus85(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Aboki:

An Aboki that has read the Bible..

Women are not supposed to preach in Church and should infact be silent in church. And also cover their hair.

A man is the head of the woman and no woman has the right to lay hands on a man in Prayers.

Study the bible, not your Pastor..

Allah be praised.

OMG! This is a shame oooo. For a muslim to understand the Bible more that you christians....pls cover ur faces.

Study the Bible, not your Pastor, All they are interested in is your tithes. There's this one on TV, Salvation hour....I don't knw if he's a pastor or an economist. Jesus wants us to learn ways to please God, the pastor is always talking about economic power.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by akwunmi(m): 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Rachel123: aboki or allah ppl normather how christian wowo reach is still better dan u ppl,so praise jesus
am a muslim I bliv in allah(GOD) n I also bliv in one his most powerful prophet(JESUS)..I bliv in his maracleous birth,I bliv dat he raise d dead 2life tru his master will(GOD),MAY D PEACE N BLISSINS OF GOD B UPON OUR HOLY PROPHET(JESUS).Amin
MUSLIMS ARE NT ANTI-CHRIST BCOZ WE LOV JESUS MOR DAN U THINK!!!
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
sweetestguy: Thank God, dis wil stop my gf's mission to be a pastor, she has to see dis thread,***dancing azonto***

cheesy
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by callmebettyetta: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
Yes its has take away ur manly hood. Cos she has sinned by opening her mouth to talk where men are (preaching) pls look for another church. Cos my bible say women should be SILENCE in d church. If ur pastor is a woman she is also d head of her family. Check where all d churches where women are pastors look at their home u see something different. Pls I stand to be corrected
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by rexbuton: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
Maximus85:

Typical Nigerian. Twisting what the Bible says to benefit u. Weldon. May the good God open ur eyes and eye.
Are You trying to make a point? Speak plainly
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by dragon2(m): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
1 cor 14: 34, 37-38.
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.
If anyone thinks they are a prophet or otherwise gifted by the Spirit, let them acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command. 38 But if anyone ignores this, they will themselves be ignored

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by flames77(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
has any one here read THE DA VINCI CODE?, pls read and know the truth, dont wait to be told for a man will parish if he lacks knowledge.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Eklektika(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
djeezy: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is
neither bond nor free, there is neither
male nor female: for ye are all one in
Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28). There is no discrimination in the house of God. Anyone led by the holy spirit can preach and teach the gospel, be it male or female. If I may ask, why can't women preach?

Because they caused the Fall
2 Timothy 2 Verses

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

And if you think Paul's commandment is dispensable, check out Galatians 1;
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Goes to show how biased,anti-feminine all Abrahamic religion are!!! Patheric
how? What do you mean by anti-feminine ?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
Rachel123: aboki or allah ppl normather how christian wowo reach is still better dan u ppl,so praise jesus
what do you mean? And we already praise Jesus
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Eklektika(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
clip: Some interpret this passage to mean that women should never teach in the assembled church. However,others commentators say that Paul's word "I suffer not"( I never let) can be more literally translated"I am not allowing" Paul did not forbid women from ever teaching men. Paul' s commended co-worker, Prisilla,thought Apollos,the great preacher ( Act 18:24-26). In addition,Paul frequently mentioned other women who held positions of responsibility in the church. Phebe worked in the church ( Romans 16:1) Mary,Tryphena were the Lord's workers (Romans 16:6,12) as were Euodias and syntyche (Philippians 4:2) Paul was here prohibiting the Ephesians women, but not all women from teaching.

Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28). There is no discrimination in the house of God. Anyone led by the holy spirit can preach and teach the gospel, be it male or female. If I may ask, why can't women preach?
2 Timothy 2 Verses

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

And if you think Paul's commandment is dispensable, check out Galatians 1;
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Venerable612(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
I must confess.. Diz wat Philosphers call a Poser. Even though i avnt mde a conclusion abt diz question. I hold som point tu @.
1. Y Jesus neva had a female amongst his disciples.
2.Y dere waz no female named amongst the Apostles wu perfomed miracles,prophesied or taught in the temple or gathering.
3. Y it wasnt only 2 tim 2:12 dat paul prohibited women frm Speakin in a church gathering... Bt also in 1 corinthians 14 vs 34.

However, i do not wnt 2 bliv dat women cannot speak at all in church gathering. Waz it nt Peter wu askd Saphira a question in Acts 5:11 wich i bliv she responded tu.
I tink wat Paul waz referin to waz a kind of Standin Up in church to tutor or ask a question wen she has nt bin askd tu.
Even i tink Paul's statement waz jst a tradition of Jews. A cliche amongst d Jews wich distilled in2 d church's doctrine. After all, there is a way our culture afects our worship.

Whether or not this waz a tradition tu d Jews, the fact is dat this waz a clear statement in the bible.. Just like.. "do not commit adultery".
4 wat its worth. Jesus' last statement on earth was dat "we(Male and Females) shud Go in2 d world preachin d Gospel..baptising..etc.
Mayb or may b not..... I stil dnt kno weda i av d pomposity nd set of words... To claim an answer to the question.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by DollyParton1(f): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Paul was speaking based on the Jewish culture then. Because there were grudges in the church. He basically wrote that to restore peace in the church. Women were beginning to find their voices, they were filled with the holy spirit, they had same gifts as men,they could teach, prophesy,pray etc. so they started making their voices heard during worship and asking questions too. This was strange to Jewish culture. The men found it to be against the culture, so they were arguing and disturbing worship because they felt women should not talk or ask question during worship. Basically the church was gathered without a pure heart. Even the bible says we should first make peace with our fellow men(and women of course) before we approach God's throne. Paul did this to restore peace and to make people's heart right.
And if we remember, Paul was an advocate of the Jewish culture, he was taught and well informed in the ways of Jews. I think that was where his writting/opinions came from.
If it were to be in this age, he would have wrote something different.
If every Christians could hold unto Luke 10: 2 which says sad "And he said unto them, The harvest indeed is plenteous, but the laborers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he send forth laborers into his harvest." ), it would be easier for us all. We should be happy that more people are being called into the vineyard. We need more missionaries, more teachers of God's word, more pastors. As long as they are preaching the undiluted message of salvation, gender shouldn't matter. Paul plants and Apollo waters, God gives the growth. We are in the era of holy spirit, if you are led by the spirit and ur spirit is at peace with ur female pastor shepherding you, abeg why worry urself. Make we make heaven na the main thing
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
^^ you think?
Protestants are the reasons why everyone laughs at Christianity and Christians

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by 2good(m): 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Paul was speaking based on the Jewish culture then. Because there were grudges in the church. He basically wrote that to restore peace in the church. Women were beginning to find their voices, they were filled with the holy spirit, they had same gifts as men,they could teach, prophesy,pray etc. so they started making their voices heard during worship and asking questions too. This was strange to Jewish culture. The men found it to be against the culture, so they were arguing and disturbing worship because they felt women should not talk or ask question during worship. Basically the church was gathered without a pure heart. Even the bible says we should first make peace with our fellow men(and women of course) before we approach God's throne. Paul did this to restore peace and to make people's heart right.
And if we remember, Paul was an advocate of the Jewish culture, he was taught and well informed in the ways of Jews. I think that was where his writting/opinions came from.
If it were to be in this age, he would have wrote something different.
If every Christians could hold unto Luke 10: 2 which says sad "And he said unto them, The harvest indeed is plenteous, but the laborers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he send forth laborers into his harvest." ), it would be easier for us all. We should be happy that more people are being called into the vineyard. We need more missionaries, more teachers of God's word, more pastors. As long as they are preaching the undiluted message of salvation, gender shouldn't matter. Paul plants and Apollo waters, God gives the growth. We are in the era of holy spirit, if you are led by the spirit and ur spirit is at peace with ur female pastor shepherding you, abeg why worry urself. Make we make heaven na the main thing
Where is the evidence for all your above claims in the bible?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
2good: Where is the evidence for all your above claims in the bible?
she thinks lmao
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: ^^ you think?
Protestants are the reasons why everyone laughs at Christianity and Christians

Cave man, I bet if you were German you would have strapped a bomb to your chest..LMAO
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Adeoba10(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Aboki: All female pastors will go to hell... #Period!

angry
Is not period, is Menstral grin grin grin
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 8:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Cave man, I bet if you were German you would have strapped a bomb to your chest..LMAO
what is this one saying? Why do you insult me?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by UncleDS(m): 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Jayses: My pastor is a female @ does that takes away my manly hood ?
The basic thing here is that there is a falling away as mentioned in 2 Thes 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;" there is already a gross apostasy such that many are on high speed with their eyes blindfolded, blind leading the blind. Tell your pastor these scriptures, she need to repent. Go and read about best of woman preachers in history from Kathryn Kurhma to the founder of Four Square their lives were nothing to compare to the gospel of Christ. The only security to overcome the deceit in this age is to stand where the word of God stands.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Iruolycious(f): 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
mrphysics: its nt in d church brother, apostle paul said they shud ask dia husband questions @ home and nt to teach where men r in d church, also women can preach when they have women meeting like C.G.I.T, bt in d church pls and pls its nt biblical and it was never recorded in d bible
Can u plz give us d scripture that says a woman can preach in a women's meeting?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Iruolycious(f): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Maximus85:

I'm very sorry but you are very wrong. Paul was referring to all women. A woman can teach a man but not in the church, in the church they are to be silent as to teaching. Na listen dem must listen. Apostle Paul com say...if something dey wey she no understand....if she reach house make she ask her husband. Shikena!!!!
In d above scripture quoted by d OP u dnt see it being restricted 2 "only in d church", do u? U condemn urself by wat u argue.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by waro: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
On my little understanding o, i think is best we just keep to what the bible says about women staying silent in the church. Because, we adding our view/perception to this topic may either be used against us on judgement day or on the contrary. 4me, i stick to what the bible says about women keeping mute in church. there's no civilization or educational expoture to this context. It may seem like noting to us now, but we shld always note that "the ways of God are not the ways of men". We should criticaly induce caution with the way we view things of God. God knows, this issue may even garrantee some of us express ticket hell. For me being on a safe side, i think on that jugement day, I will be taking with me 2thimoty 2:11 incase baba God com ask me about dis topic. Heaven is sweet o, and cannot trade it on nairaland or oxl Just to look flashly on point.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Iruolycious(f): 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
callmebettyetta: Yes its has take away ur manly hood. Cos she has sinned by opening her mouth to talk where men are (preaching) pls look for another church. Cos my bible say women should be SILENCE in d church. If ur pastor is a woman she is also d head of her family. Check where all d churches where women are pastors look at their home u see something different. Pls I stand to be corrected
The Bible forbids a woman "TALKING" in church. Except of course u r twisting d Bible, u'll knw that this exceeds "Preaching" only. A woman shuldn't evn ask questions! And tell u wat, i dnt thnk any church is innocent on dis 1. If it's gonna take pple 2 hell, then i'm sorry 2 say 2 many pple will die there bcs of this. If any woman has ever talked in ur church during service/mass whatever, weda in front or in her seat, she is guilty of d supposed "SIN". Women even head church units and lead praises and ask/ answer questions during sunday skul classes! If u can't see d "Sin" in ur church, u r probably a hypocrite.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Ninapha(f): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
My brother , yet in Eph. He suffered not a woman to teach. As a christian u are free to worship God irrespective of ur gender, rage or class unlike under the former jewish law. Eg. The 5000 fed excluding women and children. It was not a mistake that there was not a woman amongst the disciples and even though mary Magdaline was close to Christ, she did not replace judas neither any other woman than a man.

Appostle Paul suffered not a woman to teach or usurp authority over a man, he gave his reason 'for it was the woman who fell into tempation lest..' and this came after the Galatian mandate. I can work in the house of God but being a pastor, no! I can sing, sweep, lead the women, do admin jobs but any job that wd make us take decision where there are men is off the standard. A woman can explain scriptures where a man so desires but not on the pulpit.

Pricilia, Lydia, Martha, Mary magdaline, Dorcas,etc. were all worker but never pastors.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
carr101:

firstly, define prophesy...
when ur done, u then take out ur arguement with the bible. I only quoted what ur bible said, they are not my words dear smiley
Recieveing Of holy spirit and the ability to prophesy cannot and does not give them the power to lead. We need to shun the devil that possessed oyibo feminist. In Acts 21:9 it says "now this man had four virgin daughters, who prophesied" but where are they? Apparently in their fathers house.
If the daughters of Philip prophesied, at least they did not speak in the assemblies; for we do not find this fact in evidence in the Acts of the Apostles. Much less in the Old Testament. It is said that Deborah was a prophetess ... There is no evidence that Deborah delivered speeches to the people, as did Jeremiah and Isaiah. Huldah, who was a prophetess, did not speak to the people, but only to a man, who consulted her at home. The gospel itself mentions a prophetess Anna ... but she did not speak publicly. Even if it is granted to a woman to show the sign of prophecy, she is nevertheless not permitted to speak in an assembly. When Miriam the prophetess spoke, she was leading a choir of women ... For [as Paul declares] "I do not permit a woman to teach," and even less "to tell a man what to do." thank you!
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Agozie48: 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Oga make i ask you.... Is it not the same Bible that tells us about Deborah whom God made a prophet and judge over Israel...
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by doofanc: 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Iruolycious: Can u plz give us d scripture that says a woman can preach in a women's meeting?

well, it doesn't explicitly say so.

However, if you the read d entire chapter, you observe the admonition seem to be directed at married women, i.e, a woman preaching in gathering where her husband is present was deemed unacceptable.

futhermore, the explanations given all point towards that direction. notice he talked abt ''usurping the authority of THE MAN (her husband, most likely). I dont see how an unmarried woman can usurp the authority of anorher man.

again notice in vs13-14, he draws a parallel with Adam and Eve (man and wife) and lastly in verse 15 he talks abt childbearing, which is of course ppoints to married couple.

it is very possible women were becoming incresingly assertive and talking down their husbands right in the congregation, something which be taboo under the highly patriachial Jewish socity then. Paul had to sort that out, hence his letter.

my conclusion? i strongly belive if its a segrgated gathering, then shouldn't be a problem if a lady decides to lead. likewise in a gathering of mainly the unmarried eg campus/youth fellowship a lady can also take the lead.

caveat: personal take on d issue
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by doofanc: 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
Iruolycious: Can u plz give us d scripture that says a woman can preach in a women's meeting?

well, it doesn't explicitly say so.

However, if you the read d entire chapter, you observe the admonition seem to be directed at married women, i.e, a woman preaching in gathering where her husband is present was deemed unacceptable.

futhermore, the explanations given all point towards that direction. notice he talked abt ''usurping the authority of THE MAN (her husband, most likely). I dont see how an unmarried woman can usurp the authority of anorher man.

again notice in vs13-14, he draws a parallel with Adam and Eve (man and wife) and lastly in verse 15 he talks abt childbearing, which is of course ppoints to married couple.

it is very possible women were becoming incresingly assertive and talking down their husbands right in the congregation, something which be taboo under the highly patriachial Jewish socity then. Paul had to sort that out, hence his letter.

my conclusion? i strongly belive if its a segrgated gathering, then shouldn't be a problem if a lady decides to lead. likewise in a gathering of mainly the unmarried eg campus/youth fellowship a lady can also take the lead.

caveat: personal take on d issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Adama Barrow Hosts Apostle Suleman / Church Members Of Lagos Pastor Held For Drug Trafficking Disappear / Did Joseph Prince Really Say This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.