Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? (6498 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / No Mikel, Musa And Ighalo For Rio 2016 : Siasia / How To Join The Glo Soccer Academy DREAM TEAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by orisebawo(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2008
I hope the eagles do well at the olympics and i think it is a good decision to drop Mikel obi, he is definitely a good player but as part of a team he is very disruptive.

Three years ago my wife and I went to watch the Final between Nigeria and Argentina, we were opportuned to be in the same Hotel as the Flying Eagles,the Argentina, Morrocan and Brazilian teams and it was the first time i came accross Mikel Obi, a light training was scheduled for about 9 am in the morning of the final and while all the other players including Taiye Taiwo, Siasia and the Sports minister where already on the coach, they had to wait an extra half an hour for Mikel obi to come out of the Hotel and he wasn't even apologetic and after the final whistle was blown he had to be restrained by other players as he was really giving it to the referee (very disgraceful)

I feel the team doesn't need such a disruptive person and the Manager should be looking at the team and not one player.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by rasputinn(m): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2008
J UNIT:

mikel's exclusion from squad is the same as cesc fabregas or cristiano ronaldo's exclusion

I get your point J,but it's actually an insult on Fabregas and Ronaldo for you to compare them with Mikel
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by habiolah(m): 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2008
f**k mikel.
He is a talented fool.
I would have hated it if he happened to be in the team.
Do not forget that this same Siasia refused to take Martins along for that youth world cup and at least they got the 2nd placeno thanks to the refree's 2 penalty kicks So if Mikel is not there undecided no shit.
Who was mikel before the world youth championship . Who knows, another hero might just emerge. cool
and everybody will say tongue to mikel.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by JUNIT1(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2008
that's the way mikel sees it rasputin, so let's rely on our youngsters to do the Job
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by A40(m): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2008
rasputinn:

Mikel what?
Please someone enlighten me
Is Mikel the name of a street in Rwanda or something
ROFLMAO

The dude is simply not needed! lately he has been acting like he is doing us a favor playing for Nigeria he has forgotten Nigeria made him
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by neduogu(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2008
i think the siasia led dreamteam have a chance at least in the 1st stage.
but all you mikel haters both those that are asking if he was not included in the squard and those that are saying that he is not needed in the team because of wat we all heard about him which i think are all speculations.
Have you all wondered that in all of this saga Mikel has not spoken a word about it. well that maturity.
Anyway i use to castigate him until i had the opportunity to meet him one on one in trancorp abuja during the super eagles round of qualifying mathes and ever since my stance about the young talented boy has changed.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by NobleOnye(f): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
who is mikel??oh that guy who warms chelsea's bench!
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Jarus(m): 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2008
J UNIT:

mikel's exclusion from squad is the same as cesc fabregas or cristiano ronaldo's exclusion, it's an insult for them to be seen in such a competition,

Pls stop mouthing this sh*t. Ronaldinho and Drogba personally volunteered(and literally begged) their countries to include them in their olympic squads!!!  How can Mikel be bigger than olympic. If Mikel is bigger than this competition, what will we say of Messi? I don't agree C. Ronaldo and Fabregas too are bigger than olympics. The only difference I see in Ronaldo/Fabregas' and Ronaldinho/Messi/Drogba's contrasting decision is LIKENESS for their countries, what you call patriotism. All of these players have proved themselves at bigger stages, so they have nothing to prove,professionally speaking, by going to olympics. If any of those players win MVP, for example, it will  not call for serious celebration. Messi has been world's No 2 in the past, Ronnie No 1 twice and others have made the list of top ten players in the world at various times. So unlike a player like Mikel, there si no doubta bout their abilities. But they offered themselves for their olympic team,I think,purely because of the love of their countries and not for any personal benefits. In essence, Ronaldinho/Messi/Drogba's decisions only show they love their countries more than  Ronaldo/Fabregas.

PS: I think drogba has dropped his decision to go to the olympics.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Scopium: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2008
[size=13pt]I'm new here so who is this mikel?[/size]
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by alex406(m): 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2008
Mikel is one of the armed robbers caught under the red sea trying to steal our pride in football.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2008
i pity mikel ooooooooooooooooooooo
if only he could reAD ALL THATS BEING SAID ABOUT HIM
he would shap shap beg oga samson to include him in the squad.
but i pity samson. 'cos if the eagle fails to fly sooooooooo many naija go chop am to d bone for leaving out mikel that he may aswell do without if everythng goes well for him wink smiley
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by ifyalways(f): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2008
alex406:

Mikel is one of the armed robbers caught under the red sea trying to steal our pride in football.
lol
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by DeepZone: 12:21am On Jul 25, 2008
@mr ofurufuru
whether you like it or not, all players are not created equal, you cannot Peter Crouch to Ronaldo, or Dirk Kuyt to Ruud van Nistlerooy, there is an exception to every rule, recognizing this is the art of management. The kid chose not to play in the qualifiers because Chelsea needed him afterall he plays regularly for Chelsea especially during injury crisis and when Essien is playing at right back, heck, the guy is supposed to be a younger replacement for Makelele. But what does Siasia do? he kicks him off the team because of his over inflated ego or jealousy (who knows, the guy never made as much money as mikel in his playing days) then you replace with some obscure kids who qualified by playing second rate teams in Africa. Well good for him, he better get it right at the olympics because, Holland is bringing Babel and Makaay who never played in there qualifiers and the Argentines and brazilians are bringing Messi, Arguero, Ronaldiho, Pato and Robinho NONE OF WHOM EVER PLAYED IN THE QUALIFIERS FOR THERE COUNTRY.

Thanks DavidDif .
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by 9ja4eva: 12:37am On Jul 25, 2008
alex406:

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

Mikel aint nobody.Dream Team is better off without him
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by chamotex(m): 2:05am On Jul 25, 2008
Mikel na jololo grin
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by tobaaro(m): 5:14am On Jul 25, 2008
Anyway, you will find really affordable Cars at www.9jacars..com. Give it a try??
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2008
No Mikel? Big deal angry
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by galatico(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2008
Yeah that's a very good squad they will win the Olympic Gold Medal, don't Brazil that are coming with Ronaldinho, Kaka and Co , Argentina coming Lionel Messi? Javier Mascherano and co. Siasia's boys would deliver.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by PurestBoy(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2008
alex406:

Too much bragados for that brat. Pride goes before fall for him, What a fallen hero, I wonder how he'll feel if he were to be Messi or CR7.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by smooooooth: 11:34am On Jul 25, 2008
a player does not make a team, and only a team can win a match! so we shld not make a fuss about not having mikel in the squad.

and sports is not bout winnig, its more about discipline and xter, so if mikel dnt have it ,then siasia did the right thing.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by alex406(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2008
Lets give a great shout to those guys,we pray the deliver with their best efforts.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by mellow(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2008
So if Mikel dies today god forbids, does it Nigerian will opt out of every Football

tournament? Siasia all the way. It is high time we told these guys that no player

is indispensable. And Mikel is definitely dispensable.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by beemex(m): 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2008
It's high time Nigerians learnt not to depend solely on single individuals. It's true that Mikel is good but he is definitely not indispensable. We tend to see him the way we do because he was discovered, but do we know that a lot of people are out there who are better than Mikel 200% but we don't know them because they are yet to be discovered? Siasia should carry on joo
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by mecussey(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2008
I like mikel style of football but hate him for being absent, he was once nothing; I think another nothing will come up after this tournament. I fear Brazil, Argantina and Spain, they are really loaded.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by musliu(m): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2008
sorry pls who is mikel obi? na person name?abeg siasia u toooooo much
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Gbosko: 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2008
I am really surprised about the kind of freaky emotion being displayed about this Mikel thing. For one thing, I cannot join this "destroy him" band wagon that is calling for Mikel's head. I cannot afford to be a two-faced idiot! I wont condemn the guy with this same mouth that I have used to praise Mikel as being one of the hope of Nigerian football. That said, that kid is sure acting weird lately. How can you turn down invitation to the national team back-to-back 3times ??!!!%%^^&@Crazy.com??!! May be there is something NFA is not telling us. NFA is too corrupt to tell the absolute truth about the issue. Even as crazy as Gbosko Alhaji is, he wont turn down the same invitation offered 3 times. grin
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by vislabraye(m): 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2008
Mikel Obi is a very talented guy, but his attitude is nothing to write home about. Talent is not everything. Siasia gave him the opportunity of playing for the country, but what did Mikel do? He snubbed the call. More than once, more than twice. Siasia did every thing he could but the young idiot felt he was too big for the national team, I think he will enjoy Chelsea's bench better.
@ Daviddiff -As for the dude who says Siasia  is jealous. Dont 4get Siasia was  a world class player in his days, and he has achieved alot
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Virgo83(m): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2008
Siasia is a very confident human being aside from being a Coach.
As a Communist nd Humanitarian I get to understand Siasia more better, nd not with qualified expression, I'm 100% by His Decision. Nigerians need to understand nature in terms of winning and losing from Competition.

As for Mikel, He needed to be Counsel, He needed a Counselor.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2008
May be there is something NFA is not telling us. NFA is too corrupt to tell the absolute truth about the issue. Even as crazy as Gbosko Alhaji is, he wont turn down the same invitation offered 3 times.

What is there for NFA to tell how come Kanu and others honours Invitations. Didnt you hear that he was skipping training in CHelsea under Mourinho? Maybe Chelsea did something to him too
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by youngies(m): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2008
Virgo83:

Siasia is a very confident human being aside from being a Coach.
As a Communist nd Humanitarian I get to understand Siasia more better, nd not with qualified expression, I'm 100% by His Decision. Nigerians need to understand nature in terms of winning and losing from Competition.

As for Mikel, He needed to be Counsel, He needed a Counselor.

The counselling that Mikel so much deserve, please should not come from a communist, abeg cool
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by keba(m): 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2008
there is no doubt mikel is good and i like him as a player but let's ask ourselves
who was mikel obi before 2005? he was made after 2005 and he is trying to bite
the finger that fed him. as for siasia, he is a good tactician and we should all encourage
him as he takes the team to beijing. though there are not too many known names
in the squad, i hope that another MIKEL will be known kiss kiss
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by modupea: 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2008
I like this forum because everybody can air his/her view and it cannot be lord over anybody.

Actually I want to point somethings out to some guys dropping names. Babel played in 2005 against Nigeria in the U-20, but they were beaten. Makaay couldn't make his country team to Euro cup, so I should start shaking.

I was part of those that were shouting blue murder when Mikel was given the second best player of the 2005 U-20 WC, but I don't hold that position again when the other top players were improving he was doing yes-boy to Mourinho who spoilt his talent for his own selfish interest.

Kanu for God sake was here during qualifiers for Atlanta 96 Olympics. He struggled throughout and God crowned his effort by winnong the gold and also by uplifting him more.

Mikel for all I care doesn't have a place in this team. Even if we are beaten and out in the first round, I will still have a lot of respect for Siasia.

Winning is not about everything but doing it in the right spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call / Leading Scorers In The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) / Europe's Best Penalty Takers In The World Of Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.