Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? (6497 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / No Mikel, Musa And Ighalo For Rio 2016 : Siasia / How To Join The Glo Soccer Academy DREAM TEAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by JJay1(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2008
I know for a fact the NFA is probably in the list of most corrupt entities in the whole world, so it might be hard to judge Mikel. I also know that a team is bigger tahn anybody and the coach is the boss and should be able to dismiss ANY unruly member of the squad. Yakubu Aiyegbeni confessed that the fact the Christain Chukwu sent him packing from the tournament a few years ago actually changed his life and made him much more focuss on his career, today he is one of the most sought after players in EPL and a consistent goal banger for Everton.

I really dont know Mikel on a one-on-one basis but as a lover of the game, I genuinely see him drop from being a potentially great player to an average premiership footballer.

As a Londoner, I know for a fact fact that he is a hate figure amongst Nigerians living in London and I have actually ran into him in a few clubs and can confirm that he has he has an unbelievably high level of terrible and disgusting attitude. You meet Kanu in places and as big and iconic as he is, he never behave arrogantly to you but Mikel who hasnt won ANYTHING in football thinks he is so larger than life
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2008
Dont make excuses for the boy!

Why is Kanu not arrogant? Is it not the same NFA?

As a Londoner, I know for a fact fact that he is a hate figure amongst Nigerians living in London and I have actually ran into him in a few clubs and can confirm that he has he has an unbelievably high level of terrible and disgusting attitude

Did NFA cause that?

You heard at a time he was coming late for training under Mourinho Is the NFA responsible too?
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Jarus(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2008
adamsy07:

OVERALL LET ME ASK YOU THIS TO COMFIRM YOUR WAY OF CLASSIFYING WORLD CLASS
"WAS OKOCH A WORLD CLASS OR NOT"

The word 'world class' as it is used by informed football analysts is very hard to define but I will attempt to categorise the usage into three:

CLASS 1 WORLD CLASS: Incontrovertibly,unarguably accepted by every informed analyst
CLASS 2 WORLD CLASS: Almost glaring that they are world class but we will find few respected analysts that will disagree, with reasonable argument
CLASS 3 WORLD CLASS Coaches and other analysts often call some players world class,although recklessly at times. Players respected coaches and/or analysts call world class but which many people will disagree fall under this category.

I think Kanu and Okocha will make CLASS 2 WORLD CLASS category. Weah, Eto'o, Drogba and Essien are the only African players that can make the FIRST CATEGORY(INCONTRVERTIBLY ACCEPTED WORLD CLASS PLAYERS). Kanoute, M. Diarra, Kolo Toure, and few other African players will also make the SECOND CATEGORY.
I think Mikel,Martins and Yak will also the THIRD CATEGORY.

So Nigeria has no world class player in the real,professional, incontrovertible sense of the word but KANU and JJ are very close that exclusive list while Mikel,Martins and Yak can also be regarded as world class literally speaking.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by adamsy07: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2008
DAVIDIFF
ANYWAY I BELIEVE EVERYONE AS GOT RIGHTS TO IT'S OPINIONS.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Fadajasi(m): 11:20am On Jul 30, 2008
Taa
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Olaolufred(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2008
Fadajasi,

What do you mean by Taa?
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by obrian(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2008
Taa! is an expression and can be defined to mean any of the following:

1. gerrout!

2. shut the f$%^k up!

or

3. abeg, abeg, abeg.

@ Fadajasi, pls can u confirm my analysis?
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by obrian(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2008
wink wink
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Fadajasi(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2008
All of the above
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by ojesymsym: 9:22am On Jul 31, 2008
Ok, ok, ok. If Mikel is the solution to our football, what happened during the nations cup earlier in the year. Maybe because we had not appologized yet. Mikel of 2007/ 2008 is not the Mikel of 2005. Mind u, if he had gone to the olympics, he probably wud have masterminded our exit in other to return early to chelsea to see if there will still be space (maybe on the bench) in the star[i] studed[/i] team like chelsea. I really wonder wat his role will be in that team that Deco, Lampard, Ballack, Joe Cole, Essien, (hope u didnot say ball boy) Wish him d best sha, coz i really tipped him to b a future zidane (Maybe i was wrong)
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2008
Y'all cryin over Mike'ls non-inclusion in Siasia's list makes me laugh. Nigerians are so funny and tend to lose every iota of objectivity in their must-win-at-all cost attitude even if it means doing the wrong thing.

can anyone tell me wot's wrong with Siasia's current TEAM. yeah team is in caps cos that's wot they are, a team, anyone who has watched these guys play will know wot i'm talkin about, the guys have a gr8 understanding of each other.

hav u guys forgotten when Mikel was practically begged to come play the away match against Ghana, he didnt even have the decency to reply the coaches messages. We qualified for the olympics without him and i believe the current squad will give have a decent outing without him.
Siasia did the best thing by ignoring calls for his inclusion in the olympic squad. His inclusion would have been a big time insult to the other boys who shed their sweat and blood to ensure that we qualified for the olympics.

funniest part is that Mike is clearly not the player he was in 2005, most Nigerians dont watch football, they just make lots of noise. I'm a Chelsea fan, I watch Mikel whenever he plays, and I dont see wot he has to offer the olympic (and even the national team), bite me if you like, but Mikel did not contribute anything special in our recent world cup qualifiers.

Mikel can go suck a big fat >(*@, personally if i had my way, he should not even be playing for the national team.

Period.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Olaolufred(m): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ Petermania,

Are you sure you are a Chelsea fan?

If yes, then you must be a truth teller.

But, you no even pity the guy at all.

If they obey wetin you talk so, that guy no go make any news again for life.

Biko, make we still dey patch-patch am till himself don sabi say he no get any duty for our team.
I pray make another junior Okocha surface very soon.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ Olaolufred

I'm a chelsea fan o!! one of the most loyal fans alive.

no mind me jo!!, mike gets on my nerves with his attitude. the thing is that truth has to be told, i cant keep quiet just cos i'm a chelsea fan.

any way, when there is life there is hope. we all pray that the young man has a change of attitude.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by oakklem: 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
I believe siasia has mistaken this one,qualifiers is meant for upcoming talent not already made stars.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by dayokanu(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2008
I believe siasia has mistaken this one,qualifiers is meant for upcoming talent not already made stars

Kanu played Atlanta 96 qualifiers After winning UCL with Ajax, Ikpeba played qualifiers, Celestine played, so That statement you made is wrong
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by nguage(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2008
What I just realized is that this team really lacks a central midfielder. The team will be a team of wingers and assistant strikers with the fullbacks doing a lot of overlapping.

This will tell on our defense and we will be vulnerable on counter attacks.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by nguage(m): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2008
http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/allaccess/bob/10803133917.htm. Samson siasia's recent interview with a nigerian newspaper.

The man is smart and if any Nigerian coach is good enough for the international stage it is siasia. He really knows thr technical and tactical aspects of the game.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by wildart: 10:13am On Aug 05, 2008
Dear nigerians, this matter is simple. There is no doubt that Mikel is a good player, but being disipline is also a great tool in the game of football. i want those criticising Siasia to also know that nobody is indispensable in this game. A good example is France 98 when all of a sudden gaolkeeper Lama lost his spot to Batez after just one trier. Siasia i wish you all the luck you need to win. wil d art.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by davotico: 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
POINT OF CORRECTION VINCENT ENYEAMA WAS UNABLE TO JOIN THE DREAM BECAUSE HIS CLUB HAPOEL TELAVIV DID NOT RELEASE HIM THE SAME STORY GOES FOR IKECHUKWU UCHE
SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by Olaolufred(m): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2008
I think the Outcome of the Nigeria/Holland Match has vindicated some of us

that are of the opinion that ATTITUDE and DISCIPLINE is what we need

and not someone who is proud of himself.

Up Nigeriaaaaaaa.

No one is bigger than our Country.

Not even Yar'adua.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by agaba123(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2008
what was the outcome please
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by davidif: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2008
@olaolufred
how does a 0-0 outcome vindicate you, especially in a game you should have won. We had no cutting edge in the final third of the pitch despite all the passing, none at all, and we missed Taiwo's shot.
Bros, unless we win (and i mean win, not take second place again) this tournament, only then would you be vindicated.

Also, guess who made the difference in the Argentina game, yes, messi, who didn't play in the qualifiers AT ALL. I don't care what anybody says, but from what i saw today, we would have used a little of mikel's help with all his experience fromĀ  playing the barcelona's, valencia's, man. u's, and arsenal's of this world. Don't let your anger against the kid cloud your objectivity.

@dayokanu
By the way, look at how many games mikel has played since he got to chelsea. check his statistics and game log, this goes to show that he was a starter, even when makelele was healthy.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/gamelog?id=60503&season=2007&cc=5901
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by princekevo(m): 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2008
Whether Mikel or no Mikel Siasia team was able to prove themselve by drawing against Holland today.They played a quite impressive game;infact giving every nigerian hope that they would go far.I was very happy watching them here in China.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by McKren(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2008
I honestly and genuinely do not believe John Obi Mikel would add anything new to this Dream Team.

In fact with the performance I saw today, I will be hopeful when we play against big teams like Brazil and Argentina
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by dayokanu(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2008
@DavidF,

Do you have to give me a link to prove Mikel Plays?

Compare the number of games to another youth Salomon Kalou and tell me what is spectacular.

A Full Chelsea squad of Makalele, Essien, Ballack and Lampard without injury where would Mikel Play. Tell me how many games he played towards the end of the season whe they were all fit.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by princekevo(m): 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2008
dayokanu:

Kanu played Atlanta 96 qualifiers After winning UCL with Ajax, Ikpeba played qualifiers, Celestine played, so That statement you made is wrong
please tell me if u were a player and u are used to qualify for a tournament and finally being dropped buy the so call big players would u ever be happy with tht.b4 u make such comments put urself in those boys shoes.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by dayokanu(m): 10:50am On Aug 09, 2008
@Princekevo,

How does your comment relates to my earlier one?

Someoone said big players dont play qualifiers and I gave an example of Big players that played qualifiers
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by McKren(m): 11:35am On Aug 09, 2008
Big players dont play qualifiers not sure what that means

world cup starts when the first qualifier match is kicked off, which is why the tournament itself is called world cup finals.

Only unserious Nations use different sets of players to play qualifier and main tournament
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by princekevo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2008
dayokanu:

@Princekevo,

How does your comment relates to my earlier one?

Someoone said big players don't play qualifiers and I gave an example of Big players that played qualifiers
Sorry my brother it was a mistake.My comment goes to the person that says the so called big players dont play qualifying matches.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by princekevo(m): 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2008
Those who said Nigeria would not move on jst becoz siasia drop Mikel,he is god of football himself.Today again Nigeria was able to get a 2-1 win over Japan without Mikel.It's time we understand that foot ball is not always wht we think it is.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by princekevo(m): 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2008
@Davidif.
So only winning the gold medal will justify the reason of droping Mikel.Pls tell me how many cups has mikel won?? He played at 2005 U17 world cup which we lost at the final,he didnt perform any magic.Chelsea lost again manchester on thier final,there was no magic from him.Last Nation cups he was there and we lost against Ghana.So tell me wht magic he would have performed that made him a determinant of Nigerin winning or losing the goldmedal.
Infact from the match i watch here live from China Mikel would not make any difference in it.
Jst give the boys luck and the cup is ours.
Re: Siasia Picks 26 For Dream Team: No Mikel? by AMIGO112(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2008
prince.thank you o jare! this boy mikel is a good player but hin no get any magic. yes o.he got no tricks! can someone,anyone please tell me one great thing or incident on or off the pitch that makes him so special? i need answers abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call / Leading Scorers In The Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) / Europe's Best Penalty Takers In The World Of Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.