Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo (6939 Views)

Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo / Abiola And Awolowo Who Is Greater?. / Interview With Ojukwu,comments On The Coup And Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
B.L.S:
@OP

It's been ages since I have read such pretentious garbage and that's saying something as I view NL regularly. Your desperate attempt to create your own dots and connect them into some sort of articulate argument is entirely laughable. You compared a. humble scholar with a charlatan, a man of honour and forthrightness with one who surrounds himself with crooks and nincompoops, a beloved leader with an unfortunate accident, a true serious Christian with one who makes one question "Christianity" and uses it to score cheap political points.... OP you are a big BIG fool. Infact I take that back, this must be some sort of temporary INSANITY, how can anyone sane compare the educational record of AW0 to JONATHAN... Are you trying to rewrite history.. Show me a school DR Jonathan built and I'll show you a 100 AWO birthed. Show me a student of DR GEJ (you will only be able to show me one, PATIENCE) and I will show you 1000s of real Professors our beloved letter writer produced, influenced and inspired. Or should we ignore the fact that DR GEJ has been a political power broker since 1999 till now, the richest era in Nigerian History (Financially) and he has nothing but a falling standard of education and incessant strikes to show on his CV.... While a man used cocoa to make the Western Region of Nigeria the envy of Africa? Even till now you cannot compare Ogun with Bayelsa in anyway educationally and you have the gall to bring up such a laughable comparison... you must have lost your senses!

Anyway I will leave others to savage the stupidity of your claims.... But the way you fools keep brining up this dead mans name and comparing him with all your failed leaders needs to be checked! The fact remains Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo was never the President or defacto leader of Nigeria and cannot be blamed for your woes, he offered and you fools refused... live with it and deal with it. We in the Western Region are happy to assess his legacy over and over again.

What is wrong with you people and deep rooted prejudices?

I challenge you to show that the similarities I listed in my first post do not exist. You are free to open your own thread about their dissimilarities if you wish. You disdain for GEJ and/or hatred for GEJ is acknowledged. I choose not to believe that you are an illiterate or someone who is half educated who is unable to read and comprehend simple English. Go back and reread my initial post and come back with a more appropriate response.

I am not in the business of teaching people English comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by eggheaders(m): 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
This section has gone to the dogs, like seriously putting awo and gej in the same sentence is not only a taboo but an irredeemable abomination. Awo brought about the biggest development in sub sahara Africa with meager profit from cocoa sales. And you are comparing him with the ret..ardinho that can't use the oil windfall profit for any meaningful development. Ndu dem mix skunk join your fura de nunu breakfast this morning??

7 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
eggheaders: This section has gone to the dogs, like seriously putting awo and gej in the same sentence is not only a taboo but an irredeemable abomination. Awo brought about the biggest development in sub sahara Africa with meager profit from cocoa sales. And you are comparing him with the ret..ardinho that can't use the oil windfall profit for any meaningful development. Ndu dem mix skunk join your fura de nunu breakfast this morning??

You superiority complex has no bearing whatsoever in this discussion. Have an open mind and reread the post, and I urge you, if you have the capability to enlighten us about Awoism, if you know what it is. Stop the emotional tantrum, it does not fit you.

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Katsumoto: 3:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: As you foumites are aware, I am not known for verbosity. That honor would go to the likes of Sam_Ikenna, and other epistle writers like Gbawe or Kats(when he is cornered smiley ), so without further ado, here are my short, to the point, observations:

Awolowo insisted on interferring in running the Western Region instead of allowing Akintola to do his job, much like GEJ vicariously tried to do, through his wife in River state. We all saw the results of GEJ's actions which led to political crisis wherein the state legislature was seized by NASS, much like the Awo saga created a constitutional crisis in the Western Region. Thankfully, in River State, we have not yet seen the kind of violence, such as wetie where political enemies were doused with gasoline and burnt publicly - the barbaric acts which were a reactions to Awolowo's interference. So far, all we've seen are disgraceful caining and beating inside of state assembly halls and intimidation of Amaechi by police. We hope things remain calm.

Secondly, Awo was big on Educating the masses, and in the spirit of Awoism, GEJ has ordered the building of over 400 Almajiri schools.

Thirdly, both Awo and GEJ are clueless when it comes to reading the handwriting on the wall, regarding when they need to stop running for office in the best interest of the nation. GEJ's 2015 presidential aspirations remain an open secret.

In Awo's case, his cluelessness and some would say, selfishness, kept him in the Presidential race in 1979. Even the blindman could see that if both Awo had stepped aside and gone into retirement thereby allowing younger and more progressive Nigerians to contest, we may all have been better off. The result of this cluelessness cum selfishness is the reason why Shagari won the elect by 33.7%, Awo 29.2, and Zik 16.8. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to note that if Awo and Zik had joined forces, the alliance would have won by 46% to Shagari's 33.7%. GEJ will follow Awo's lead and be booted out in 2015.

I can come up with tens of more similarities between GEJ and Awo, but as I stated, verbosity is not one of my skills, so it suffices to categorically state here that GEJ is an Awoist!

I will respond to you shortly.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by eggheaders(m): 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You superiority complex has no bearing whatsoever in this discussion. Have an open mind and reread the post, and I urge you, if you have the capability to enlighten us about Awoism, if you know what it is. Stop the emotional tantrum, it does not fit you.

Why will I want to reply your epistle of jargons. First of all the 1979 election awo was not as unpopular as gej. And he lost the election to rigging, ain't gat the time to even wanna tackle other irrelevancies you spewed.

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
To be honest, I prefer that those of you who are familiar with Awo, educate us on Awoism, if the poliical philosophy actually exists. We do know that the similarities between Awo and GEJ listed in my first post are indisputable. To say that GEJ or anyone else cannot be an Awoist because of your superiority complex alone, does not hold water.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by debetmx(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: As you foumites are aware, I am not known for verbosity. That honor would go to the likes of Sam_Ikenna, and other epistle writers like Gbawe or Kats(when he is cornered smiley ), so without further ado, here are my short, to the point, observations:

Awolowo insisted on interferring in running the Western Region instead of allowing Akintola to do his job, much like GEJ vicariously tried to do, through his wife in River state. We all saw the results of GEJ's actions which led to political crisis wherein the state legislature was seized by NASS, much like the Awo saga created a constitutional crisis in the Western Region. Thankfully, in River State, we have not yet seen the kind of violence, such as wetie where political enemies were doused with gasoline and burnt publicly - the barbaric acts which were a reactions to Awolowo's interference. So far, all we've seen are disgraceful caining and beating inside of state assembly halls and intimidation of Amaechi by police. We hope things remain calm.

Secondly, Awo was big on Educating the masses, and in the spirit of Awoism, GEJ has ordered the building of over 400 Almajiri schools.

Thirdly, both Awo and GEJ are clueless when it comes to reading the handwriting on the wall, regarding when they need to stop running for office in the best interest of the nation. GEJ's 2015 presidential aspirations remain an open secret.

In Awo's case, his cluelessness and some would say, selfishness, kept him in the Presidential race in 1979. Even the blindman could see that if both Awo had stepped aside and gone into retirement thereby allowing younger and more progressive Nigerians to contest, we may all have been better off. The result of this cluelessness cum selfishness is the reason why Shagari won the elect by 33.7%, Awo 29.2, and Zik 16.8. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to note that if Awo and Zik had joined forces, the alliance would have won by 46% to Shagari's 33.7%. GEJ will follow Awo's lead and be booted out in 2015.

I can come up with tens of more similarities between GEJ and Awo, but as I stated, verbosity is not one of my skills, so it suffices to categorically state here that GEJ is an Awoist!

You better leave that "IGBO" joint before you run mad. Just my 50 cents. None of your leaders comes close, even the cantankerous coward attested to this fact.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
No matter how you think GEJ has performed or the level of achievements you may ascribed to him....it will be very unfair and a disservice to put them on any similarities whatsoever on leadership.

For starter... GEJ is basically an accidental leader, not exactly ready to face the challenges of administering to the leadership of the most complex and largest black nation on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
debetmx:

You better leave that "IGBO" joint before you run mad. Just my 50 cents. None of your leaders comes close even the cantankerous coward attested to this fact.

Another supremacist who is pretending to lack English comprehension.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by debetmx(m): 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
1Wilywily:
Jonathan can not be compared with that Tribalist cursed by Oba of Benin, That thief as the minister of Finance conspired with his Yoruba kinsmen descended on our National Coffers and committed one of the most secret looting of Nigeria wealth.

Have you stopped taking your medication? Everyday your condition seems to go worse.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by BLS1: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

What is wrong with you people and deep rooted prejudices?

I challenge you to show that the similarities I listed in my first post do not exist. You are free to open your own thread about their dissimilarities if you wish. You disdain for GEJ and/or hatred for GEJ is acknowledged. I choose not to believe that you are an illiterate or someone who is half educated who is unable to read and comprehend simple English. Go back and reread my initial post and come back with a more appropriate response.

I am not in the business of teaching people English comprehension.

Like I said, it must be insanity, because I cannot understand how a man will just wake up one day, keep adding 2+2 together and keep coming out with bullshit answers. Your 3 points are silly and thoroughly poor comparisons, why not compare John F kennedey and GEJ since the former also interfered with southern states and their state racial policies. Oga you are clutching at straws and you know it, I would reply you and do more than justice to your 3 silly points but I am busy at work and using my mobile phone to repsond to you.

Anyway Kats would give you the education you so badly need which you would have had in your region if you lot had learnt to choose leaders on merit and results.

8 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by eggheaders(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
debetmx:

Have you stopped taking your medication? Everyday your condition seems to go worse.

Is your radio faulty You didn't listen to the breaking news that some chronic schizophrenic patients broke out of uselu federal neurological center with some smartphones.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by debetmx(m): 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Another supremacist who is pretending to lack English comprehension.

It seems you just learnt English comprehension. cool
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by PaulJohn1: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Its not enough to make statements without adequately backing them up. Plese do the needful if you have the capability. What in your view makes one an "Awoist"?

They are few and simple, but GEJ is not just one. The brain, foresight, smartness... everything.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
debetmx:

It seems you just learnt English comprehension. cool

you dey play dodge ball abi? smiley

B.L.S:

Anyway Kats would give you the education you so badly need which you would have had in your region if you lot had learnt to choose leaders on merit and results.

You are hiding under Kats's trouser, abi? Even Kats cannot deny that the Almajiri schools aand other Educational programs of GEJ's can be classified as Awoic type of programs.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Gbawe: 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ndu Chucks, are you drunk or high? My good man, go and sleep it off.

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
HNosegbe: Goodluck Jonathan has nowhere NEAR the intellect, charisma and foresight of Awolowo.

I must have missed this post earlier.

Oga, you designed an arguement, then you scored a goal by making a statement in support of a non existent issue, and then 4 people liked your post. Clap for ya self. Nowhere in my post did I compare GEJ's intellect, charisma, and/or foresight to Awo's. Try another angle.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by GreatSkess: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Choi!!!
This is rubbish,absolutely rubbish!
Some nairanders cant express their Feelings without the existence of abusive word.This is what I call e-war!
A young man came online just to air his view due to the recent thought which seems to come his mind time and again,but the respone he gets from some individuals is a blind quote as reply.
ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH.!
Taking this issue to the sport view. Comparison has alway been an instrument of anger and intimidation. Even in football MARADONA Of all time was compared to MESSI,everyone has his/her choice to the aforemention çomparison.

Back to the matter!
The fact that AWO is being compare with GEJ Does not mean Gej is better than him and vice versa.
Although Our ever great and respected Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo in terms of intellect(what some people see as their driving force) was better than Gej,despite all his intelligent he was still ignorance of the law!

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
Great_Skess: Choi!!!
Some nairanders cant express their Feelings without the existence of abusive word.This is what I call e-war!
A young man came online just to air his view due to the recent thought which seems to come his mind time and again,but the respone he gets from some individuals is a blind quote as reply.
ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH.!
Taking this issue to the sport view. Comparison has alway been an instrument of anger and intimidation. Even in football MARADONA Of all time was compared to MESSI,everyone has his/her choice to the aforemention çomparison.

Back to the matter!
The fact that AWO is being compare with GEJ Does not mean Gej is better than him and vice versa.
Although Our ever great and respected Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo in terms of intellect(what some people see as their driving force) was better than Gej,despite all his intelligent he was still ignorance of the law!

More people need to see things through your lenses. I gbadun you, but please clarify who the red text above applies to, GEJ or Awo?
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Katsumoto: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2013

It is obvious you want to be michievious with this post like Akanbi stated previously but I will humour you nonetheless.

1. Awo did not interfere with Akintola's running of the Western region. Awo interferred with Akintola's implementation of the party's policies. The Action Group had a political ideology called 'Democratic Socialism' based on the socilaism that had taken over much of Europe at the end of the second world war and which was intended to ensure equitable redistribution of national wealth. At the core of this welfare doctrine was a need for majority consensus on policies. The party espoused the elevation of many rather than a few. Akintola, on becoming premier, stated to move away from this primarily to counter the rise of elites in the East. He preferred a feudalist system in which a few were great and decided the destiny of a many. He started to change policies and replaced board/committee members with his own loyal supporters. What was Awo to do, as leader of the party? Stand by and watch one man replace democratic socialism with feudalism? Akintola, without consultation with the party, decreed that secondary students would start paying school fees. There was an outcry in the press and Awo interferred.

'Wetie' incidents were a result of (1) Balewa, Bello, Zik interference in the Western region. Akintola had been dismissed as premier and deputy party leader but through his friendship with Bello, Zik, Balewa, the judgement which went against him was annuled as a result of Balewa retroactively removing the privy council as the final court of the state after Akintola's dismissal was upheld by the Privy Council. So, in other words, Akintola was foistered on the Western region and the people reacted violently. (2) Balewa implementing a State of Emergency in the West even though no state of emergencies were imposed in the North and East for events that were more violent than the chair throwing, started ironically by NCNC members in the Western House of Assembly.

2. It is unbelievably imbecilic and astoundingly lacking in ambition to compare the educational policies of Awolowo with GEJ's. In Awo's case, he instituted free education, built a university, and in the process trained many graduates and professors. Yet you want to compare that GEJ building 400 Almajiri schools. What is an Almajiri school? In the year 2013, Northern children are still being shortchanged by Northern leaders who would prefer to keep this children uneducated and subservient so as to use them in unleashing mayhem whenever the occassion calls for it. Shouldn't this children be getting a proper education? Will a proper education interfere with their religious education? Are Jewish kids not getting religious education? Nigerian universities are decaying at such a fast pace and the president is doing f0rk all about it.

3. This is really where you were going but you disguised it by starting with two illogical premises. This is so inaccurate on so many accounts - a) GEJ is not too old to run for office. Awo was 70 in 1979, Reagan, whom many Republicans call the best president ever, was 69 when he became president and 73 when he won his second term. b) how could you have been better off if Awo stepped aside? Did Awo become president? Shagari was 16 years younger than Awo and he is arguably, the most incompetent president in the history of Nigeria. c) on one hand you say Awo was too old, on the otherhand you are saying Awo and Zik (who was 75) should have aligned to defeat Shagari, a much younger man. What really is your point? Why are you contradicting yourself? Two old men contested and lost to the much younger man? Who were the younger progressives in 1979 whom Awo should have stepped aside for? d) Awo was peerless, GEJ is clueless. There is no comperison. Awo was the best Nigeria had to offer and yet he should have stepped aside.

Now let me tell you a secret? Awo was a visionary - far above his contemporaries and even those who came after him. In the 1940s, Awo saw his people's destiny being joined to those who were different in SO many ways to his people. He wanted a separate nation for his people but the British, Zik, and Bello, to a lesser extent, denied him that desire. What happened next ? - an uneducated man became prime minister while those more educated in the South stood by. His region made so much progress that the other regions started to envy his region. They were afraid of the progress in the West because they knew that sooner or later, their people would start demanding the same as what was being enjoyed in the SW. So they - Bello, Balewa, Zik - conspired to lock Obafemi up and engineered social unrest. Not that Awo really wanted to be president of a united Nigeria but he knew that his region would continually be dragged back by those who were visionless, corrupt, and incompetent. If he was in charge, at least he could ensure that his region would progress and that others could as well. If you were Awo, would you not contest when the North was presenting another clueless person in Shagari? As Awo not been vindicated? Did Shagari not turn out as bad as initially thought?

You want GEJ to stand aside, for whom precisely?

I will let you ruminate on this first.

please ignore any errors.

14 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Katsumoto: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Great_Skess: Choi!!!
ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH.!

Back to the matter!

What law was he ignorant of?
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by onegig(m): 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
B.L.S:
@OP

It's been ages since I have read such pretentious garbage and that's saying something as I view NL regularly. Your desperate attempt to create your own dots and connect them into some sort of articulate argument is entirely laughable. You compared a. humble scholar with a charlatan, a man of honour and forthrightness with one who surrounds himself with crooks and nincompoops, a beloved leader with an unfortunate accident, a true serious Christian with one who makes one question "Christianity" and uses it to score cheap political points.... OP you are a big BIG fool. Infact I take that back, this must be some sort of temporary INSANITY, how can anyone sane compare the educational record of AW0 to JONATHAN... Are you trying to rewrite history.. Show me a school DR Jonathan built and I'll show you a 100 AWO birthed. Show me a student of DR GEJ (you will only be able to show me one, PATIENCE) and I will show you 1000s of real Professors our beloved letter writer produced, influenced and inspired. Or should we ignore the fact that DR GEJ has been a political power broker since 1999 till now, the richest era in Nigerian History (Financially) and he has nothing but a falling standard of education and incessant strikes to show on his CV.... While a man used cocoa to make the Western Region of Nigeria the envy of Africa? Even till now you cannot compare Ogun with Bayelsa in anyway educationally and you have the gall to bring up such a laughable comparison... you must have lost your senses!

Anyway I will leave others to savage the stupidity of your claims.... But the way you fools keep brining up this dead mans name and comparing him with all your failed leaders needs to be checked! The fact remains Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo was never the President or defacto leader of Nigeria and cannot be blamed for your woes, he offered and you fools refused... live with it and deal with it. We in the Western Region are happy to assess his legacy over and over again.
Very well said. I have never seen such idiotic comparison in my life. If it were to saner climes . The ilks and people like the op would be under going a brain check by now in a psychatric institution. What the hell were you smoking op?

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Polio: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bulllcrap .... Jonathan cant stand up tall to Awo's shoes talkless of his person ... In any way!

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
Katsumoto:

It is obvious you want to be michievious with this post like Akanbi stated previously but I will humour you nonetheless.

1. Awo did not interfere with Akintola's running of the Western region. Awo interferred with Akintola's implementation of the party's policies. The Action Group had a political ideology called 'Democratic Socialism' based on the socilaism that had taken over much of Europe at the end of the second world war and which was intended to ensure equitable redistribution of national wealth. At the core of this welfare doctrine was a need for majority consensus on policies. The party espoused the elevation of many rather than a few. Akintola, on becoming premier, stated to move away from this primarily to counter the rise of elites in the East. He preferred a feudalist system in which a few were great and decided the destiny of a many. He started to change policies and replaced board/committee members with his own loyal supporters. What was Awo to do, as leader of the party? Stand by and watch one man replace democratic socialism with feudalism? Akintola, without consultation with the party, decreed that secondary students would start paying school fees. There was an outcry in the press and Awo interferred.

'Wetie' incidents were a result of (1) Balewa, Bello, Zik interference in the Western region. Akintola had been dismissed as premier and deputy party leader but through his friendship with Bello, Zik, Balewa, the judgement which went against him was annuled as a result of Balewa retroactively removing the privy council as the final court of the state after Akintola's dismissal was upheld by the Privy Council. So, in other words, Akintola was foistered on the Western region and the people reacted violently. (2) Balewa implementing a State of Emergency in the West even though no state of emergencies were imposed in the North and East for events that were more violent than the chair throwing, started ironically by NCNC members in the Western House of Assembly.

I trusted that you would not disappoint in your response, unfortunately for you, today, I will take you to school. I dey go come.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by GreatSkess: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

More people need to see things through your lenses. I gbadun you, but please clarify who the red text above applies to, GEJ or Awo?
That line in red was directed to JOA(JEREMIAH OBAFEMI AWOLOWO)
In any political setting/system the minimium age structure which guarantee an individual the right to vote is 18 Years.
Despite,all the knowledge of JAO HE condescend to bring the age to 16(as the requirement for any one would want his political party), I strongly believe he did this in order to catch the attention of the masses.
I have gat no time for sh*t talk, if you like read this post upside down,but do not try to reply my post with curse word!
*Peace*
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
Great_Skess:
That line in red was directed to JOA(JEREMIAH OBAFEMI AWOLOWO)
In any political setting/system the minimium age structure which guarantee an individual the right to vote is 18 Years.
Despite,all the knowledge of JAO HE condescend to bring the age to 16(as the requirement for any one would want his political party), I strongly believe he did this in order to catch the attention of the masses.
I have gat no time for sh*t talk, if you like read this post upside down,but do not try to reply my post with curse word!
*Peace*

Thanks for the clarification. I asked for it to avoid misinterpreting what you mean. It is not me you should be concerned about but several revisionists who believe that Awo is a god.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Katsumoto: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I trusted that you would not disappoint in your response, unfortunately for you, today, I will take you to school. I dey go come.

So you started the thread without having your supporting evidence to hand?
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
Katsumoto:

I will ignore your first sentence for obvious reasons.

Your submission above is filled with contradictions, if the point you are attempting to make is that Awo did not interfere with Akintola's running of the Western Region's government. You admitted that Awo had a major problem with Akintola's AG's guiding principles of democratic socialism for what you call 'feudal system'. As the Premier of the Western Region, Akintola, like Amaechi, has the right to rule without the interferance of party leaders, GEJ in Amaechi's case, and Awo, in Akintola's. How else was Awolowo supposed to ensure that the principles he believed in, was implemented in the Western region without either amicably influencing Akintola, or aggresively trying to sabotage Akintola's programs and eventually organizing Akintola's ouster? Regardless of how you want to believe Akintola became the Premier, the fact remains that he was the Premier and Awolowo did not allow him to rule in peace.

You are blaming Wettie on Balewa, Zik, and Bello!! cheesy Oga, If Awolowo had not interfered with Akintola's rule, Akintola would not have been removed in the first place. The judicial system of the day nullified Akintola's ouster which was engineered by Awolowo. It is the lawlessness encouraged by Awo's supporters against Akintola which resulted into Wetie. You people should take responsibility for once.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Energito: 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
Gold? Lmao!
awo was a foolish man who wanted to rule the so called one nigeria,how i wish is still alive i for stone am to death or even by hanging.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Katsumoto: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I will ignore your first sentence for obvious reasons.

Your submission above is filled with contradictions, if the point you are attempting to make is that Awo did not interfere with Akintola's running of the Western Region's government. You admitted that Awo had a major problem with Akintola's AG's guiding principles of democratic socialism for what you call 'feudal system'. As the Premier of the Western Region, Akintola, like Amaechi, has the right to rule without the interferance of party leaders, GEJ in Amaechi's case, and Awo, in Akintola's. How else was Awolowo supposed to ensure that the principles he believed in, was implemented in the Western region without either amicably influencing Akintola, or aggresively trying to sabotage Akintola's programs and eventually organizing Akintola's ouster? Regardless of how you want to believe Akintola became the Premier, the fact remains that he was the Premier and Awolowo did not allow him to rule in peace.

You are blaming Wettie on Balewa, Zik, and Bello!! cheesy Oga, If Awolowo had not interfered with Akintola's rule, Akintola would not have been removed in the first place. The judicial system of the day nullified Akintola's ouster which was engineered by Awolowo. It is the lawlessness encouraged by Awo's supporters against Akintola which resulted into Wetie. You people should take responsibility for once.

Awo was one man, Akintola was another. They belonged to the same party. The people in the party voted on the party ideology and philosophy. Awo wasn't surreptiously trying to undermine Akintola. As party leader, Awo convened meetings that ALL party members attended. The issue of Akintola deviating from party guidelines were tabled at these meetings. Several meetings were held to iron out these differences. Anyone reading your post would think that Akintola was giving orders with regards to the Western region while Awo was giving orders as well. You also seem to be confusing Action Group party with Western Region Government. Awo was AG party leader and Akintola was his deputy. When it became obvious that Akintola didn't want to toe the party line, he was VOTED out of the party and as premier by a heavy majority. It was democracy and not Awo expelling him.

You also seem to be illogical parallels. Ameachi was voted into power by the citizens of Rivers; Akintola was voted into power as premier by AG reps in the Western House. The same AG reps voted him out and voted Adegbenro as his replacement. Akintola's loyalty was to those who voted him to power - first his constituency in Ogbomoso and then second AG reps in the House. He was voted out in the second but not the first. As a rep, his loyalty was to his constituency but as a premier, his loyalty was to AG because they voted for him. I hope you can see the difference between the two. Can you point out the actions that Awo took, that interfered with Akintola running the government? Give specific examples please.

The judicial system of the day worked until Balewa rushed through parliament an amendment to the constitution abolishing appeals to the Privy Council in London and backdated it to October 1st, 1960. The most important point which fails you is that Akintola was voted in by AG reps and the same AG reps voted him out. The people went on rampage because it was obvious that Balewa and Bello were forcing Akintola on them. It was democracy at work until NCNC reps in the house such as Ebubedike started throwing chairs and eventually broke the mace. The brouhaha started by Zik's NCNC was the reason for the State of Emergency.

I am glad that you wisely let the other two points. This other point too will be discarded by you shortly.

10 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by CyberG: 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
Energito: awo was a foolish man who wanted to rule the so called one nigeria,how i wish is still alive i for stone am to death or even by hanging.

Can you come within 1 KM of where Tinubu is supposed to be in another 30 minutes? Well, you know that riff-raffs and nonentities like you have a better chance getting frozen over in hell than coming close to where Chief Awolowo is in-play! Even your fathers could not touch him when he visited their strongholds, in the midst of war, and it is you a nonentity?? I know it is part of the empty-chestbeating anyway! grin grin grin You that if a mere banger goes off in your presence you will be peeing and shaiting on your body that will even look only 1 guard in the eye?? LWKMD! grin grin grin Making mouths like these once killed 3 M people in a short period of time, I suggest you read your history again and this time remember to understand and memorize it!

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Katsumoto:

I am glad that you wisely let the other two points. This other point too will be discarded by you shortly.

cheesy

Don't get excited, I will debunk your remaining points in a minute. I knew you'll need one or two pages of twisting and turning to answer each point so I decided to adress them one by one.

Your epistle did not disprove the fact that Akintola was not allowed to rule Western Region as the Premier freely. Awo interfered and got him illegally ousted, period! You call it a democratic process, but the judiciary thought otherwise. In response, Awolowo and his boys turned to violence, hence wetie. These are facts which cannot be disproved.

One would think that a responsible leader would have respect the judiciary, but Awo and his boys chose to deal with a political and legal loss with violence. I suppose if you could, you would have been arguing that Wetie never happened. Now let me address your second false point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly Passes N470b 2017 Budget Into Law / NUT Nominates Obiano As The Best Education Friendly Governor 2017 (Pictured) / NASS LEADERSHIP: Okowa Congratulates Lawan, Omo-agege, Gbajabiamila, Wase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.