Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,864 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo (6937 Views)

Blame Gowon And Awolowo For Biafra Genocide - General Madiebo / Abiola And Awolowo Who Is Greater?. / Interview With Ojukwu,comments On The Coup And Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

That government notice was nothing but Government propaganda of the day, issued only after Ojukwu set Awolowo free. I ask again, why didn't anyone challege Ojukwu when he gave the interview I quoted only in 2011?

We cannot be assured of the authenticity of the purported notice which could very well be fake, but the authencity of the great Ikemba is unmistakeable.

Back to my point which you people are trying desperately to bury in your noise, Awo did not keep to his word, just like GEJ did and is planning to do, in 2015. The similarity is real, deal with it.

Now, this is a pure joke.

PS
The book was published in 1971. The notice is on page 201.

Have a great day.

4 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by nduchucks: 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Now, this is a pure joke.

PS
The book was published in 1971. The notice is on page 201.

Have a great day.

You finally gave up. Very good, enjoy cheesy
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You finally gave up. Very good, enjoy cheesy

Alhaji, the joke is on you. Need I say more?

4 Likes

Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by Desola(f): 3:09am On Nov 17, 2013
see my fine daddy. smiley

by the way, my reference is to AWO the great.

Katsumoto:

For the e-friendship I have enjoyed with you on this forum, I will refrain from addressing you as you should be addressed.

1. Please provide this agreement that Awo had with Ojukwu. If you can't provide it, then it would be obvious to all that your position and your thread is based on dishonestly and started with the aim of maligning the name of Obafemi Awolowo.

2. For the umpteenth time, Awo was released by Gowon.
a) Awo was released on August 8, approximately one week after Gowon became Head of State. Ojukwu had been governor since January and didn't release Awo

b) Ojukwu released January 1966 plotters in 1967, at the commencement of the civil war

c) Gowon was at the airport to welcome Awo and it was Murtala Mohammed's car that took Awo to Ikenne. FACT - Awo met Gowon and Murtala first. Awo didn't even go to Enugu to meet with Ojukwu. See the picture of the released Awo with Gowon and the official caption at the bottom of the picture.

d) Calabar prison was under the control of the FG. The warder, like all civil servants, reported to the Head of State.

e) Military governors in 1966 reported to the Head of State.

f) If Ojukwu released Awo, why did Awo fly straight to Lagos and why was Awo not re-arrested and incarcerated by Gowon? Surely, all the Yoruba prisoners released by Ojukwu stayed in Biafra. They did so because they knew that they would be re-arrested or killed on crossing over from Biafra.

You need to let go of these silly games that you play from time to time.
Re: Remarkable Similarities Between Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And Awolowo by khamas19: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2013
TerraCotta: "The Government confirmed that it would release six prominent political prisoners, confirming a promise made by Colonel Gowon.

The most prominent of the six, all of whom were accused of plotting to overthrow the Nigerian government, is Chief Obafemi Awolowo, a former premier of the Western region ... His deputy, Chief Anthony Enahoro, was also released. The four other prisoners were also members of the Action Group."

--From "Poiltical Break-up Looms in Nigeria as Ibos Challenge Regime", New York Times, August 6, 1966.

I'm sure there are contemporary Nigerian records that say the same thing but it's useful to cite nonpartisan sources where possible. More interestingly, the reporter behind the article is Lloyd Garrison, who was a Biafran partisan and personal friend of Ojukwu and wrote a number of articles supporting Biafra throughout the war. He certainly would have given Ojukwu the credit for releasing Awolowo if that were true. Obviously it is not, and there goes yet another long-lived lie told by Ojukwu and his disciples.

...case closed...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COMMENCEMENT OF NUPENG-PENGASSAN INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM MONDAY 15TH DEC. 2014!!! / Pictures Of Obasekis Beautiful Works In Edo State. / new pictures of ondo state ThisGlob e.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.