Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage (12667 Views)

When Your Presence Is Ruining The Show / Problems With Sex Is Ruining My Marriage / Blackberry IM Is Ruining My Relationship With My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by pendusky(m): 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
wasak:
Mr bigboy I can assure u I know how to handle a woman better than U. he should take her to an expensive place? please read ur comment and laugh @ yourself. A woman is like a crooked rod,if u handle her too lightly she remains crooked, if you use too much force, the rod might break. the only way is to maintain a balance between the Both

like i said before, go and face ur books! a word is just enough for u
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 13, 2013
fresh_dude: And how do we know she's sane?

Then, he should see a psychiatrist, not come to Nairaland to complain!
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by MrsAwesome: 4:39am On Nov 13, 2013
Very funny. Everybody has an exit strategy...plan B to Z. Maybe your wife is replaying what her mother should have done in her own marriage before the exit of their father...I.e it seems the whole family is acting on a script or something by trying to defend their own ...don't give a shiiti of whose ox is gored in the process.
Maybe , when the op has enough to go round ..he suppressed the wife to submission...and now the poor woman is out basking in the euphoria of happening lady..so to hell with the hubby..it is time for his total submission.
Maybe, she is psychologically imbalance.
Maybe, she doesn't want to get married in the first place...or she has gain what she want in life..children, money..or is it sex that can purchased.
..........I don't know op but when was the last time you people made love not sex. Is it just an in and out something? when was the last time you felt fulfilled with her actions without anything nagging in your mind......you know ...she is probably hiding something kind of ....ish.
I hope you're not being paranoid here...interpreting her good intentions as bad because you've started to resent her family encroachment to your marriage.. thereby denying your wife of love..she is asking for..focusing all your strength on fighting her family.
Open resentment can breed ridicule....you people are trying hard to overuse a lot of word like the D-word..which is so extreme...it means lacking of other painful words to use....you only use it when you want to hurt or make your vulnerable partner to panic. The D-word coming from a wife.... maybe she is really tired and.needs to be set free..you know...like Chime Clara....but these time the exit will be with pagentry..unlike Clara's.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by Eegulize: 8:20am On Nov 13, 2013
The Selfish Spouse/Relative

" The great danger for family life, in the midst of any society whose idols are pleasure, comfort, and independence, lies in the fact that people close their hearts and become selfish," John Paul II.

Selfishness has been described as one of the major enemies of married love and of love within the family. This description is psychologically correct because selfishness, while falsely appearing to have many benefits, actually turns the person in upon himself/herself, thereby interfering with healthy self-giving which is essence of marital love. Subseqently, this personality weakness creates significant pain and suffering in marriages and families. It is a major cause of marital anger, permissive parenting, addictive behaviors, infidelity, separation and divorce. Unless it is uncovered and addressed, selfishness will lead spouses to treat loved ones as objects and not as gifted persons.

http://www.maritalhealing.com/conflicts/selfishspouse.php

@OP
Be strong and courageous but don't contemplate divorce. The Lord will see you through.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by repogirl(f): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2013
Hmmmm, op' the more I read about this your wife.....the wider my mouth drops.....you say you spend so much that you do not have savings? Whaaaaat? Since she earns also, she is supposed to chip in a bit of her income but obviously you have allowed her to hoard her money and days why she went and built a house....... A little advice, compulsorily put aside an amount for savings every month and draw back on some things, especially things she could handle in the home......if she comes for money, tell her money Don finish..... If she likes let her call her ancestors into the matter..... If money haf finish, it haf finish!

Also and finally, if you are not happy, please call the marriage quits o and be happy.....

One question that's baffling me is why does she always take decisions on her own? Are you the type who wouldn't listen, or who wouldnt support? ..... There's something going on here, cos you seem too good to be true and your wife seems too mean and wicked to be acting this way to such a longsuffering husband.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 13, 2013
There is definitely something that OP is not saying,no one is this good.i believe she knows something about you that you don't know that she knows, thus her preparation to live a life without you.

Something is definitely wrong somewhere and it is not just with OP's wife.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by kayjasper(f): 11:07am On Nov 13, 2013
byvan: There is definitely something that OP is not saying,no one is this good.i believe she knows something about you that you don't know that she knows, thus her preparation to live a life without you.

See hypocrisy of we women!!!!!

If the Op was a woman will you say that his story is too good to be true?
Will you question the morality of her actions?
Let's be real joor.

Women here tend to be biased with their judgement of issues when it concerns the Male.

You suck,yea all of you suck big time.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by Nightshift1(m): 11:50am On Nov 13, 2013
byvan: There is definitely something that OP is not saying,no one is this good.i believe she knows something about you that you don't know that she knows, thus her preparation to live a life without you.

The bolded comment above just made me call one of my uncles that she called threatening divorce a while ago and when I enquired what reasons she put forward (perhaps may be there is really something I may not be aware of as you are insinuating here), he simply said "she has no case".

You see, why I am making every effort to be sure I am not at fault here (even though I am convinced within myself that I am not) is that I am two extremes. I have been very patient and calm all along but the the very moment I am fully convinced that I never wronged her (and I am almost there now), I will turn my back on her and everything that relates to her in this life and not even the Pope can make me change my mind. When I get to that point on any issue, usually, nothing on earth can ever make me go back even at the point of death. It is a big pity that my lovely innocent children are caught in the web here and it's almost getting too late to remedy the situation. I have made up my mind on what to do and will start executing my plans about 10 weeks from now. If by any divine intervention, she agrees to my terms and conditions for moving forward before then, the better for all us.

God bless you all richly for your time and contributions. This may likely be my very last post on this topic.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by RoyalRoy(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
^^^^^^

You have done well sir!

Wish you all the best in your decisions.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by pickabeau1: 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Eegulize: The Selfish Spouse/Relative

" The great danger for family life, in the midst of any society whose idols are pleasure, comfort, and independence, lies in the fact that people close their hearts and become selfish," John Paul II.

Selfishness has been described as one of the major enemies of married love and of love within the family. This description is psychologically correct because selfishness, while falsely appearing to have many benefits, actually turns the person in upon himself/herself, thereby interfering with healthy self-giving which is essence of marital love. Subseqently, this personality weakness creates significant pain and suffering in marriages and families. It is a major cause of marital anger, permissive parenting, addictive behaviors, infidelity, separation and divorce. Unless it is uncovered and addressed, selfishness will lead spouses to treat loved ones as objects and not as gifted persons.

http://www.maritalhealing.com/conflicts/selfishspouse.php

@OP
Be strong and courageous but don't contemplate divorce. The Lord will see you through.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
@kay Jasper, the only thing that sucks here is you and your irate outburst,so buzz off undecided.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
@OP, Since your conscience is clear,do what you deem fit but with your kids best interest at heart.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by Genius100: 12:51am On Nov 15, 2013
Na wa for you silly Nigerians. How can your wife be working, making as much as you, yet she's not contributing at all to take care of the household expenses. All you unmarried man better have this discussion with your wives before getting married. Only a selfish, self centered, greedy woman will think it's right for her to keep all her money to herself to the extent that the man has no savings.

Guy, the only option for you at this point may be to threaten a divorce and be ready to go through with it. If she comes and beg and is remorseful then you must renegotiate how things work in the house. As the man, you definitely should pay for more but she must contribute as well. Second, you need to prioritize saving your money as well. When you create a situation where a woman has next to nothing to lose by leaving you, then they threaten divorce. Stop sacrificing your entire being while your wife is just there putting her money in the bank and planning for life without you.

Ultimately you have to man up. If she goes talking to her mom and she starts calling you, do not pick the phone. You have to run your own house. If she cannot respect your authority then call it quits and move on. It's not easy but my intuition tells me you have to show that you are ready to divorce her if she does not do the right thing for things to get better.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by bukatyne(f): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Genius100: Na wa for you silly Nigerians. How can your wife be working, making as much as you, yet she's not contributing at all to take care of the household expenses. All you unmarried man better have this discussion with your wives before getting married. Only a selfish, self centered, greedy woman will think it's right for her to keep all her money to herself to the extent that the man has no savings.

Guy, the only option for you at this point may be to threaten a divorce and be ready to go through with it. If she comes and beg and is remorseful then you must renegotiate how things work in the house. As the man, you definitely should pay for more but she must contribute as well. Second, you need to prioritize saving your money as well. When you create a situation where a woman has next to nothing to lose by leaving you, then they threaten divorce. Stop sacrificing your entire being while your wife is just there putting her money in the bank and planning for life without you.

Ultimately you have to man up. If she goes talking to her mom and she starts calling you, do not pick the phone. You have to run your own house. If she cannot respect your authority then call it quits and move on. It's not easy but my intuition tells me you have to show that you are ready to divorce her if she does not do the right thing for things to get better.

Funny enough, most people think this man's actions are 'manly'

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by soulglo: 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Funny enough, most people think this man's actions are 'manly'

So true. I have realized that it is not just the women that want it that way. The men do it to give themselves this false sense of superiority. As if the woman will grow a p3nis and impregnate him if she starts contributing financially. After they have equated their worth as a man by being the one that pays all the bills they turn into insecure and bitter tyrants because their wives are making money. The wives in turn see them as less because when they made the money they acted more like their superior not their friend. Now the tables are turned nobody wants to be friendly and nobody wants to compromise. The man himself will be too embarrassed to ask the woman to chip in because he knows he blew that chance with his behavior when he made the money. In summary stupid pride. Something Nigerians are very good at. Prideful over silly things. Like a woman slapping her husband because she paid for the pot or the freaking soup in the pot and a man telling his wife to "pack out of his house" because he knows for a fact she has no where to go. SMH. Please don't feel too sorry for them. They will not change.
It is virtually impossible to plan for the future together without knowing what each other makes but you still see cases were either husband or wife is buying land and building houses in Nigeria without the other knowing. They all have their motives so don't feel bad for them. If the wife does not know how much the husband really has then she will have no idea when he spends $5000 on another woman. If the man does not know what his wife makes then he will not know that she has opened a boutique in Nigeria and paying the school fees of her entire extended family. All this money that should have been accounted for and agreed upon as a couple.

When Nigerians start understanding that money is not what makes a man or woman, when they start understanding that the things that are important in life are our moral values then maybe they could weather the storms better. Being able to pay bills does not make you a man. Even animals act movies and get paid LMAO. Being able to cook soup and give birth to sons does not make you a woman even your 13 year old child slave you brought from the village can do both. Don't feel that because you pay the bills you have fulfilled your role as a husband and because you cook and your husbands stomach is so distended he looks like he needs to be de-wormed you now have a certificate of womanhood and should bring nothing else to the table. Those times have passed.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by baby124: 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
soul_glo:

So true. I have realized that it is not just the women that want it that way. The men do it to give themselves this false sense of superiority. As if the woman will grow a p3nis and impregnate him if she starts contributing financially. After they have equated their worth as a man by being the one that pays all the bills they turn into insecure and bitter tyrants because their wives are making money. The wives in turn see them as less because when they made the money they acted more like their superior not their friend. Now the tables are turned nobody wants to be friendly and nobody wants to compromise. The man himself will be too embarrassed to ask the woman to chip in because he knows he blew that chance with his behavior when he made the money. In summary stupid pride. Something Nigerians are very good at. Prideful over silly things. Like a woman slapping her husband because she paid for the pot or the freaking soup in the pot and a man telling his wife to "pack out of his house" because he knows for a fact she has no where to go. SMH. Please don't feel too sorry for them. They will not change.
It is virtually impossible to plan for the future together without knowing what each other makes but you still see cases were either husband or wife is buying land and building houses in Nigeria without the other knowing. They all have their motives so don't feel bad for them. If the wife does not know how much the husband really has then she will have no idea when he spends $5000 on another woman. If the man does not know what his wife makes then he will not know that she has opened a boutique in Nigeria and paying the school fees of her entire extended family. All this money that should have been accounted for and agreed upon as a couple.

When Nigerians start understanding that money is not what makes a man or woman, when they start understanding that the things that are important in life are our moral values then maybe they could weather the storms better. Being able to pay bills does not make you a man. [size=18pt]Even animals act movies and get paid LMAO[/size]. Being able to cook soup and give birth to sons does not make you a woman even your 13 year old child slave you brought from the village can do both. Don't feel that because you pay the bills you have fulfilled your role as a husband and because you cook and your husbands stomach is so distended he looks like he needs to be de-wormed you now have a certificate of womanhood and should bring nothing else to the table. Those times have passed.

I laughed and laughed and laughed at the bolded. Imagine, the guy is so into being the man he doesnt have savings. WHAAT!!! Everyone should have savings, anything can happen and you will need money. Your children will not hear, there is no money to eat o. Ha!!!
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
soul_glo:

When Nigerians start understanding that money is not what makes a man or woman, when they start understanding that the things that are important in life are our moral values then maybe they could weather the storms better. Being able to pay bills does not make you a man. Even animals act movies and get paid LMAO. Being able to cook soup and give birth to sons does not make you a woman even your 13 year old child slave you brought from the village can do both. Don't feel that because you pay the bills you have fulfilled your role as a husband and because you cook and your husbands stomach is so distended he looks like he needs to be de-wormed you now have a certificate of womanhood and should bring nothing else to the table. Those times have passed.

Take 5 kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by okpanachil: 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
jumzzy448: Wow......I think you both should separate for a while. I feel you are giving in your best to see this marriage working out while your wife isn't. If she feels she's tired, let just say it instead of all these headaches and troubles she's making you go through.
Na wa oo.

This objectivity (at least as per d info we have) coming from a lady, I am positively amazed unlike some who are suggesting that the OP is tired of d wife.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by okpanachil: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ujujoan:

The actions of people around you is a direct reflection of who you are.

Hehehehehehehehehe,Madam Uju who told you this one.I beg to disagree o.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by bettiesofttouch(f): 10:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
wasak:
confiscate her phone, destroy her sim card, if she questions u, tell. her u are treating her like a child because She's behaving like a child, let. her know you'll continue treating her like a child until She's mature! what nonsense!
. Perfect exactly wot he needs 2 do.
Re: Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage by bettiesofttouch(f): 11:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
This is what we call *girma ta riga hankali* eh bt 1st of all we only heard ur own part of d story. Bt even at at I don't support 3rd parties in relationships talk more of marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do People Use Burial Ceremonies To Show Affluence? / Fire Kills A Man & His Wife In Niger State / Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.