Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,051 members, 7,953,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:53 AM

Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) (30687 Views)

ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death / Message From ASUU President / Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
I remember reading his book Violence years ago. We just lost another gem to auto crash.
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by DonaldGenes(m): 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
Centdonald1: RIP Professor. Your[size=58pt] lagacy[/size] lives on!

You need amnesty sha, next time there won't be any
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by benkings(m): 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
..... angry he died fiqhtinq for his allowance!.............RIP!
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by alizenbohr: 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
uceee: This is really unfortunate. I read his book "violence" when I was younger.
This strike has cost us a life. The life of a brilliant man who contributed a lot to our intellectual growth. RIP Prof!!!
wow, I read that book 'VIOLENCE' in secondary school.
Hmmm, R.I.P to such a great mind.
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by DonaldGenes(m): 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
smurfy: I remember reading his book Violence years ago. We just lost another gem to auto crash.

So what was the book all about, be laconic please
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Deyhmee(f): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
ifeanyi david: Who is next ?

YOU!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by 36STATES: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2013
R.I.P.
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by idajor: 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Rest in peace is all we have to say.
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Dudecollins(m): 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
I bin tink say dis ASUU strike isn't natural...
RIP Professor Iyayi.
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
Damn!! Kogi Governor convoy again. Traveling @ 80km my foot, as if we don't know how their convoys use to behave. Na wa ooo...

May Prof's soul rest in perfect peace!

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by sylve11: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
Journey well prof. sad cool
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by DonaldGenes(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
If ASUU had not extended the retirement age in one of their many useless strike actions, Festus Iyayi would not have died today!

5 Likes

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hmmnnnn! RIP Oh!

Eleyi gidi gan! undecided
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by sademola: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
God, the creator and taker of mankind is watching.

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Porthos: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
[quote author=ayodeji752]Who is going to spend his own share of "earned allowances"?they proof to be stubborn till death.rip anyway[/quote

Put ya father in dat position and repeat that rubbish statement]

2 Likes

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Joythah(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
I first fell in love with his book 'heroes' before encountering the man as a uniben student. He was a man of proven integrity and was a father to all. In an age where students celebrate the deaths of their lecturers i cant seem to find a bad word about him on the net. It took his death for me to find out that he lives some streets away from me and by the side of my friend which is a testament to the type of life he lived. He died for what he believed. Hopefully one day your struggle will not be in vain. #wherewillyou spend eternity?

6 Likes

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by begwong: 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
The grand initiation of Professor Festus Iyayi is a
lancinating loss of another stentorian voice, against
retrograde and prebendal forces of primitive
mercantilism. That he passed through transition on
matters pro bono publico, bears eloquent testimony
to our state of dystopia. Such is the evanescence of
life. Its all vanitas vanitatum...

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon

5 Likes

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by DonaldGenes(m): 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chai, Make Una See Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Condolence Message Wey Him Send Give Prof. Festus Iyayi

Him talk say:

“The grand initiation of Professor Festus Iyayi is a lancinating loss of another stentorian voice, against retrograde and prebendal forces of primitive mercantilism.That he passed through transition on matters pro bono publico,bears eloquent testimony to our state of dystopia.Such is the evanescence of life.Its all vanitas vanitatum….

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by SirTunechi(f): 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
B_CELLS: Call off this lingering strike,they keep holding congresses high and low.How many of the so called lecturers voted before they embarked on the industrial action?Pressure is now mounted on them to call off the strike,they are casting votes like Nigeria is having an election,live and let's live,that position you are today,you can not be there forever!..I hope it won't inhibit the calling off the strike as speculated. RIP
just shut up dude. The Omniscience GOD knows this would happen.......and guess what He has a reason for his action... Well your thinking is as a result of your small mind sha

4 Likes

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by cutebobo(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
Why na this time he die. If I hear say na because of this that dem go postpone the final meeting I go ................. I won't talk now. Anyway RIP
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by DonaldGenes(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
Meanwhile,Make Una See Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Condolence Message Wey Him Send Give Prof. Festus Iyayi

Him talk say:

“The grand initiation of Professor Festus Iyayi is a lancinating loss of another stentorian voice, against retrograde and prebendal forces of primitive mercantilism.That he passed through transition on matters pro bono publico,bears eloquent testimony to our state of dystopia.Such is the evanescence of life.Its all vanitas vanitatum….”
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by esqtony: 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
pembisco: May be TB joshua was ryt wen he said it is God's wil dt nigerian universities be opened nd dt any1 who stands in d way of God's will hav hmslf be blamed, nd maybe dis prof who is vry influencial voted against calling off dis strike. Who knws. Rip prof.
my tots
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by DonaldGenes(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Joythah: I first fell in love with his book 'heroes' before encountering the man as a uniben student. He was a man of proven integrity and was a father to all. In an age where students celebrate the deaths of their lecturers i cant seem to find a bad word about him on the net. It took his death for me to find out that he lives some streets away from me and by the side of my friend which is a testament to the type of life he lived. He died for what he believed. Hopefully one day your struggle will not be in vain. #wherewillyou spend eternity?

Well, Only God knows
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by opeoluwa20(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
He dies in the struggle
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by DonaldGenes(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
[quote author=yusufogrin][/quote]
grin grin grin grin
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hope a former president wn't die. OBJ Red Alert.
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
B_CELLS: Call off this lingering strike,they keep holding congresses high and low.How many of the so called lecturers voted before they embarked on the industrial action?Pressure is now mounted on them to call off the strike,they are casting votes like Nigeria is having an election,live and let's live,that position you are today,you can not be there forever!..I hope it won't inhibit the calling off the strike as speculated. RIP
oboy! Dnt just vex me nw.
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by hamzab: 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
May his soul rst in peace... Amen
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Bossforeva: Hope a former president wn't die. OBJ Red Alert.

Wetin diz one dey talk....hope u neva smoke grind pepper
Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by tomzman: 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Governors' convoy and reckless driving. We all know Nigerian roads are bad, only a fool speeds on them. A convoy moving at 80km/h cannot be involved in that kind of accident. Well, RIP Prof.

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) by dejibimbo(m): 10:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
the tot that this man actuali lectures in my school is nearly making my cry....he's not my father, i dont knw him personally....but for ASUU strike sake, a uniben prof. dies....and hear pple singing his praises, a great mind...
My condolence to the bereaved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

400L University Of Ibadan Student Dies, Was Shot And Robbed Two Weeks Ago (Pics) / Sexual Harassment: Universities, Polytechnics Clamp Down On 35 Professors, Other / Uniport 2012/2013 Admissions;aspirants,let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.