Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs (79988 Views)

7 Simple Ways To Eradicate Body Odour / Usaid Plans To Eradicate Polio In Nigeria Within One Year / How Do I Eradicate My Stubborn Pimples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by DoTheNeedful: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2013
Hello guys,
I recently moved into an apartment in which the former occupant was living with bed bugs. I realized this after my 2 months of stay there and one of my neighbours confirmed this to me. Since my discovery, i have not been comfortable in the place. I have been about to identify the areas of concentration of the bugs and i have been heating those places. I am also ruthlessly killing bug i see at sight apart from the fact that i also spray insecticides. Inspite of all these efforts,i still sometimes see one or two bugs around.
Dear nairalanders,what do u think i can do to totally eradicate these nuisance.

MODs pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,let this make front page. Am desperate

9 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by deeptesting(m): 11:53am On Nov 13, 2013
Go to the nearest supermarket and buy Sniper, fumigate the entire house all nook and cranny,holes wherever you find one and with utmost concentration on the infected area..Note: You have to vacate the house for at least 3 days for health reasons...Wish you good luck. Ensure you fumigate the entire house.

18 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2013
Bed bugs and front page undecided
Don't you have google in your browser ?

As per topic, fumigate.
And clean up the apartment properly.

2 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by olaj2: 12:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
You can also try using menthylated spirit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
deeptesting: Go to the nearest supermarket and buy Sniper, fumigate the entire house all nook and cranny,holes wherever you find one and with utmost concentration on the infected area..Note: You have to vacate the house for at least 3 days for health reasons...Wish you good luck. Ensure you fumigate the entire house.

GBAM, i concore

ola-j:
gringringringrin
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 14, 2013
Make sure ur matrass and pillows r safe else u will live with it for d rest of ur life.
If by any chance they r infected(which I think by 2 months they must hv been), discard them. If u can't, take them outside d compd and allow rain to beat and soak them for days. Then leave them to dry. Bugs hate water.
Sowrie.

4 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Gugwana(f): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2013
Use parafine on da matress,base n pillows n wash da blankets n everythn u use on da bed
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by onegig(m): 7:26am On Nov 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Make sure ur matrass and pillows r safe else u will live with it for d rest of ur life.
If by any chance they r infected(which I think by 2 months they must hv been), discard them. If u can't, take them outside d compd and allow rain to beat and soak them for days. Then leave them to dry. Bugs hate water.
Sowrie.
Not entirely true. Discard a bed because of bugs? And also if she allows rain to wet the bed what about the eggs of the bugs that have not hatched?

All she needs do is fumigate the house. In addition to what the 2nd poster said. Get any variant of all these fumigating chemicals that could kill weevils and termites if you couldn't get the brand he specified.. Should work for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by olaj2: 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
Fabulousuzo:

GBAM, i concore

gringringringrin
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Polio: 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
ola-j:

Methylated... Not menthylated, olodo!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Burn down the Apartment..
Or Lead a Prayer warrior band there...
Otherwise as long as u got clothes n chairs n beds..
Sorry the bedbugs are there to Stay..

On a more Serious note get Strong pesticides..
Sun ur clothes n mattress..
Den Fumigate evry square Inch of d apartment n at d same time plead d blood of Jesus too..
It helps...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Polio: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
DoTheNeedful: Hello guys,
I recently moved into an apartment in which the former occupant was living with bed bugs. I realized this after my 2 months of stay there and one of my neighbours confirmed this to me. Since my discovery, i have not been comfortable in the place. I have been about to identify the areas of concentration of the bugs and i have been heating those places. I am also ruthlessly killing bug i see at sight apart from the fact that i also spray insecticides. Inspite of all these efforts,i still sometimes see one or two bugs around.
Dear nairalanders,what do u think i can do to totally eradicate these nuisance.
MODs pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,let this make front page. Am desperate

Dump a pile of hot poo in the room .... Bugs dont fu..ck with poo!

There can only be one winner, the almight poo .. Depends on how potent yours is!
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Lamasta(m): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bedbug and Frontpage.......
Anyway my own suggestion is to pour Biscuit on all corners of the house and leave it for three days after that all the Bedbug will relocate......
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Rastamann: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Discard everything you have and burn them then move out of the apartment and start a new life by buying new properties, grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Get a picture of TB Joshua and hang it on the wall of your apartment. Since TB Joshua's picture is now a fire extinguisher, it can also serve as insect killer to kill bed bugs and even mosquitoes. I tried it and it worked for me. grin

17 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
Chai! Bed bugs... The real problems are the eggs... They never die... The eggs are like the addictions that are not willing to let us go...

You will have to boil water... Plenty and pour on the bed... Then take the mattresses and chairs and ur pillows outside and use hot water...

We had this problem a long time ago.

We had to discard everything... Everything...

The eggs wouldn't let go and those things smell...

So what u shud be concerned about are the eggs bro...

Pesticides and whatever may not work on the eggs... I think hot water sha...

But better still move out of the house ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by sulakishop(m): 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Try baygon spray or snippers/nopest, diluted with kerosine

6 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by lasrondo: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Buy piff-paff, dust it on your bed and chairs and everywhere in the apartment

6 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
@tjololade:
Chai! Bed bugs... The real problems are the eggs... They never die... The eggs are like the addictions that are not willing to let us go...

You will have to boil water... Plenty and pour on the bed... Then take the mattresses and chairs and ur pillows outside and use hot water...

We had this problem a long time ago.

We had to discard everything... Everything...

The eggs wouldn't let go and those things smell...

So what u shud be concerned about are the eggs bro...

Pesticides and whatever may not work on the eggs... I think hot water sha...

But better still move out of the house ASAP.
LWKMD!! grin grin
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by dannytwix(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
lyk my boss Polio said- Find hot Poo Poo, potent one!... Dump it there... Make we see if those bugs go live 2 see 2morro
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lol. This reminds me of a family house in the 90s.
Last Bullet:
What you can do to eradicate the bed bugs.
Funmigate the house & abandon it for several days. Maybe 3-7 days. This is to allow the eggs & the left bed bugs to die since they can't feed.
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Joyland(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Diesel can solve it very effectively.
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nastydroid(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
why not throw away your bed and get a mat since bedbug are attracted to beds....abi you hear of matbug before

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by bornagain1509(f): 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
idun! Does things stuborn die. If one enter your house, millions don enter. Just fumigate your house. Dats all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by ba7man(m): 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bed bugs can live for up to a year without eating so throwing your matress away won't help since they'll simply wait on the new one and move in.. They are also resistant to insecticide to an extent.

They breed in matresses so if you don't want to throw it away, you could;

(1) Get a hair dryer and use it especially on their breeding areas on the matress......in short, all over.

(2) You can also wrap your matress up in a thick nylon cover using yellow tape (the type used to wrap goods meant for international cargo). This suffocates those bugs within to death and prevents those waiting in the wings to get in.

(3) Also be very careful. They hide amongst clothings, trousers, belts, shoes, luggage, bags, books etc so you might unconciously be aiding their transfer.
Iron your clothes and check them properly before leaving home.

Goodluck.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
lasrondo: Buy piff-paff, dust it on your bed and chairs and everywhere in the apartment
Piff Paff is no longer in the market for years now. Instead, Op should use Rambo. A combination of Rambo and Sniper will do the magic. cool

4 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
berem: LWKMD!! grin grin

Why LWKMD!!?... Anything you want to add?.
Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
kerosine works gud

3 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by monyejuli(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Get a Gamalin 20 or the like. Spray your apartment thoroughly including bed and pillow edges because that's where they hide. Check your clothes inside out for their eggs and kill also because they breed very fast. I have witnessed it before, and after massive spraying, we left that apartment for one day before sleeping their again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by aesculapius(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bedbugs r so difficult 2 eradicate just like roaches simply because as u r killing dem so r d eggs hatchin. Owin 2 d fact dat dey hav a very short life cycle, d new hatchlins matures in a short tym and lay eggs b4 u even realise dey r dere. If u rili wanna win dis war, u must b willin 2 vacate d house 4 sumtyms. D insecticides r best applyd @ nites because dats d tym dey com out 2 feed and u hav 2 apply it continously @ 2 or 3 days interval 4 like 2weeks or more and make sure u dnt leave any spot untouched by d insecticides. Also make sure all ur clothes r heated up in d dryer very well b4 returnin dem bak 2 d hse. Goodluck
(Pls pardon my typin)

1 Like

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by beethoven: 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
Try any insecticide that contains DDVP (Dichlorvos or 2,2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate). That is the only chemical I know that kills bedbugs effectively at all stages. But be very careful with it sha because it can be very toxic. I'd recommend you do a thorough spray of your house and leave the place for a weekend.

Try Nopest. I think it is a Nigerian brand name for an insecticide that contains DDVP.

4 Likes

Re: Need Help On How To Eradicate Bed Bugs by Layolaw(f): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bed bugs ke! does it still exist? na wa ooo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's This On My Thighs & Under My Scrotum? Please Help (Viewers Discretion) / Body Is Swelling Up Without Cure / Chinese Doctors: 3 Airline Crew Members ‘Disappear’ From Lagos Quarantine Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.