Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? (23291 Views)

Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. / New Fraud In Town! Samarium Care. Please Beware Of These Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2011
I realize that most of the young folks still believe that one can make money legally or illegally. Most can not different between right and wrong. The argument that failure of Government to provide jobs and enabling environment for the masses is welcomed, however it can never be an excuse to commit fraud. If you commit fraud, you are not only punishing Nigerians but also yourself. Think about this, the whole world know Nigerians as fraudulent country even as fraud is committed more in some Asian, European and American countries than Nigeria. How did this come about, Nigerians flood every email in the world with scam messages, whats a huge advertisement. Most countries started running commercials to prevent their citizens from being victims. The situation is worsen by activities of some Nigerians living abroad whose only means of livelihood is fraudulent activities. You can not imagine why an immigrant will wipe off an account of a citizen of the host country without fear. All these boil down to get reach quick attitude ravaging the country. Who pays the price, innocent Nigerians living at home or abroad. Every Nigeria now has"fraud" as the first name, you face embarrassment any where you go even in some poor African countries.

This is the time to do something as the cost of inaction will be too great to handle. Presently most merchants are not accepting credit cards issued in Nigeria, most will not ship to Nigeria. Some e-commerce organizations don't accept Nigerians, Paypal, Moneybookers, escrow and others. Even some traders in China e commerce website don't accept to ship to Nigeria. I heardt that some foreign universities no longer accept Nigerians but am yet to confirm this. , to be continued.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by PNubia: 4:50pm On May 09, 2011
You know it's a sad thing that we are being generalized as a nation of scammers. I have some friends who I meet through Facebook and they ask me pointblank if I am a scammer. It's frustrating that these scammers are ruining our good name!
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by geniusauthor(m): 2:18pm On May 10, 2011
We need More scam busters!!
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by dregi: 12:29am On May 28, 2011
The best way to combat fraud in Nigeria is the Jerry Rawling's (of Ghana) treatment - publicly execute all past and present corrupt leaders.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by fd4all234(m): 6:02pm On May 28, 2011
I guess the best way to solve the problem is for the government to provide jobs for the youth
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by monopolist: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2011
I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO CORRUPTION AND FRAUD.

It will get the fraudsters to surrender their loot to be redistributed efficiently and effectively

Lets sponsor the bill and enforce it

That is the only way we can combat and overcome corruption and fraud in Nigeria and any where.

Any Fraudster caught will restore 7 times of what was stolen and any Fraudster that willingly surrender will only restore the exact amount stolen.

Join me to make it mandatory

kingolusola@gmail.com
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by fd4all234(m): 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2011
@monopolist do you think it can work in the way u explain it, so many fraudsters ve submit more than what they scam from people still yet they dont stop, so what are u saying, the only way is to provide jobs and shelters to the individual and we should also pray to God.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by olukenny: 12:41am On Jun 23, 2011
Most of the law maker's are fraudster's,so would we enforce the law, For instance a country where you celabrate criminal so what do you expect?Fraud means corruption and it's started from home.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by fd4all234(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2011
olukenny:

Most of the law maker's are fraudster's,so would we enforce the law, For instance a country where you celabrate criminal so what do you expect?Fraud means corruption and it's started from home.

you are right.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by Hod1000(m): 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2011
Its said that charity begins at home. Until those in the corridors of power sanitize themselves and stop using ball pen to sign up huge public funds, the issue of fighting or better still combating fraud will remain utopia in our minds.

While I do not support the few Nigerians that has dragged our name and reputation in the mud, I also believe that those saddled with the responsibility of making and enforcing laws in our land should keep their linen white in the public.

It is said in my local parlance that one should first of all chase away the hawk that wants to carry away a chick before blaming the chick for going outside. Let the Government be sincere to themselves.  Corrupt politicians that has dubious character should not be allowed to hold any public office.

Also, any politician found laundering public fund should be made to face the music he has tuned for himself and no sacred cow o. Its is only in western world that you'll see a politician throw in the towel whenever he failed to live up to expectation or caught laundering public fund.

These fraudsters that has kept us in this situation has always observed that the greater number of these greedy politician goes scot-free with their crimes and in most cases, are even stubborn to admit their crime, with sheer "open eyeism".lolz.

SOLUTION
The kind of money we have in this country is enough to pay everybody that has clocked 18yrs , even the whole Nigerians. There is money and the fountain of this money will never dry atleast for now. So, the governmat leastuld acquire the latest security technology that will house the whole database of the whole Nigerians.

Our prisons, banks, police stations should install finger print and image capturing machine that will get all the profile of every Nigerians. Am sorry to admit this simple fact, I really don'tknow th essence of the National ID card. What was the reason of issueing it at the first place iissuing't be used to trace some of this frauds?

Also, banks should be honest enough to track down most of these fraudulent  fund transfer. Most bankers connive with these guys to receive these funds and transfer it into the fraudsters account perhaps for an agreed percentage, they know how they collect theirs.

The EFCC should install a device that will intercept most of these fraudulent emails, though, most of these guys uses proxy sites to carry out their nefarious fraudulent activities, but I also believe that a device can be used to trace any fraud mail that passes through proxy sites.

Finally, every Nigerians should purge this fraudulent tendencies from his/her mind and toe the path of honor, Its horrible that all Nigerians has been labelled scammers due to the activity of few unpatriotic Nigerians. Our green passport is like a time bomb in our hand whenever we step foot into any western countries. You guys should learn a skill that will engage you into meaningful venture so that this monster can be exterminated.

Oyinbo guys like and cherish theiEyeingtries, why can't we emulate them? Ok, let me juice up this advise.

A friend of mine married a white lady in one of these western countries and they love each other so much. However, my friends usually go to work in a train. In that train, you are expected to do what you are expected to do, pay your fare using some coins and a ticket pops out for you just like our ATM machine here.

It goes that one day, my friend went to work and forgot to pay his train fare, he only realizes this when he alighted from the the train. So when he came back from work, and was relaxing with the wife, he told her what happened, how he forgot to pay for his fare and you know what?, the wife flamed and before one could say ''Jack'', the woman had already grabbed a phone and dialled the police (See where Oyinbo woman dey call police for im husband oo).

Well, my friends was fast enough to grab the phone and cover the ear-piece cos the police had already picked the call and was echoing hello on their end.

My friend sweated while begging a woman he married to forgive him. The woman agreed to forgive him only on one condition, he should go back to the Train station and pay for the fare, and bring the ticket to her so she can verify if he really paid. Her annoyance is that Government spends huge amount of money putting those things in place for public use and he is there cheating the Government.

My friend later went there and did as the ''wife'' instructed. He showed her the ticket and you know what, she started crying, begging my friend to forgive her for her action, i.e calling the police for him.

So, the moral of this real life story is that, we all have a duty to help redeem our image and position ourselves as clean people before the international communities.

It sound impossible whereas it is possible, only our mindset needs change, so change yours today. I rest my case here.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by richerdex: 5:41am On Jul 05, 2011
Quite simple. When a man is hungry he can't think of anything else. If that is the case, then we need to invest in each other. Seriously, the fact that the gap between the rich and the poor is widening is the main cause for many people to want to defraud others.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by ryom(m): 7:15am On Nov 28, 2013
Very interesting comments indeed. Maybe Nigerians who consider themselves "anti-corrupt" should band together into a true mass movement to effect change; bearing in mind this change must hidden at many levels: family, school, churches, mosques, workplace, government offices, police, politicians etc etc.
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by bcreamz(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
God bless you brova.....much love!

lordy:
I'm ready to assist in whatever capacity to help combat fraud in Nigeria. But I'm afraid it can't be done. Why? The same reason why AIDS cannot be cured.
Fraud in Nigeria is now a syndrome. And the very instruments that are supposed to be defending it (The family institution, government, religiuos bodies etc) have been destroyed by the virus

My heart bled when I realised that majority of Nigerians don't seem to know the difference between wrong and right anymore.

Or how else can you describe a situation:

Where a father gives money to his child to go and 'block' his way through school and on graduation organise a big party for him/her.

or where a 'yahoo-yahoo pig' goes to the church to give thanksgiving for his newly bought car.

Where merit has been slaughtered on the alter of 'connection'.

Where agberos command more respect than the police.

Where the police people 'cannot live' without collecting N20 around street corners.

Where the few credible people can't contest for election and win.

Where human life is accorded no value.

Where people don't know their rights no more.

Where government has turned into confraternity in the name of Godfatherism.

Where people cannot do a single thing right except told and forced to do so.

Where the most powerful and influential youth leaders in the Niger Delta are all Millitants. These are the future leaders of
the region.
I'm a Niger Deltan, but when I look into the future I can't help but say 'woe betide Niger Delta!'

At times, I feel like the world should stop so I can alight. I'm the most patriotic Nigerian, but I will leave the country with the first opportunity that presents itself. Where to? Maybe Ghana, maybe Cotonou, maybe Uk, maybe Australia, maybe Dubai.
I'm not going in search of money. All I need is a re-assurance of sanity. I want to be re-assured I'm not the one who's insane. I want to be re-assured that it is the people I see and relate with that are insane.

Show me a sane Nigerian and I'll show you a thoroughly irritated man.

I don't believe in predestination, but maybe Nigeria has been destined to be like this.
In that case, I beg to withdraw back my pledge!

God help Nigeria. I love her so much.
But she's headed in the path of destruction. cry angry sad cry
Re: How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria? by tck2000(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2019
It's hard oh but possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Dangerous Mindsets That Can Hurt You On The Long Run / E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Was Abiola An International Drug Baron?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.