Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,646 members, 7,820,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (12720 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (Locked) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by oyehan(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2008
ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING DIRECT ENTRY (UNAD) 2008,AND THERE POST D.E. PLEASE NOTIFY ME

07031557188 OR   oyehancharles@yahoo.com
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by kingandrew(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2008
Why is buying a jet so important, when there is utmost need to save the planet earth, or doesn't the G.O, know that his jet will shun out ton of carbon emmisions,that bruttally increase global warming, whereas he could avoid that by travelling on commercial aeroplane, which does, i know, produce carbin emmisions too, but will people not see he is doing is own bit too about saving our world?
This G.O sha.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Pataki: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2008
davidylan:

This was hypocritically and cowardly directed at me and i will kindly respond.
You really think so highly of yourself don't you?Hypocritically directed at you? You need HELP.

davidylan:
Most of the "examples" here are flatly ludicrous.
Someone gave a scripture: Touch not mine anointed. . . . . You (davidylan) openly stated the scripture was for the JEWS ONLY, how ludicrous can you be with your criticisms? Do you even understand what thou readest at all?

davidylan:
First of all, my money is MINE . . . the fruit of my labour. Whether i give it to ministry, charity, missions, pay my tithes and offerings . . . is a personal decision between me and God who gave it to me. It has NOTHING to do with RCCG's decision to purchase a private jet which WILL be funded by donations and offerings of the congregation no doubt about that.
Now how are those two reconcilable?
Has RCCG come knocking on your door for your money? Did you bother to read what Peter told Ananais and Sapphira when they sold their possession and falsely lied about giving their all to God? If RCCG has not come to you, why is your ranting here the loudest? You can go back and read Acts 4:37 in to Acts 5. It will do you a lot more good, and it will help you out with your blind arguments.

davidylan:
To pretend that criticism is akin to "accusing the brethren" is like pastors who hide their atrocities behind misplaced scripture like "touch not mine anointed". Each and everyone that assumes the mantle of leadership in the household of faith must understand that their lives are effectively manuals that believers will follow and epistles to be read even of unbelievers.
Davidylan you need to go and meditate upon the scriptures. Are you following the lifestyle of your Pastor in the US, supposing you are even going to church in the States? Have you not read from the scriptures: Let every man work out his salvation with fear and trembling? undecided. . . . . In addition that you should study to show yourself approved a workman. . . . . . rightly dividing the word of truth. Are you now living your life according to the dictates of your Leaders? All you have been doing here is throwing accusations at MOG, casting all manner of denigration page in page out.

davidylan:
I and others here have asked a very simple question - how does the current craze for material acquisition by modern day churches sit with the lifestyles of Christ and the early apostles?
- the jet is for "spreading the gospel" - fine, then please show me where Paul needed the finest chariots and horses of Rome to preach his own gospel! Christ had a thriving ministry filled with the Holy Ghost for 3.5yrs essentially walking, borrowing fishing boats, riding donkeys, walking on water - was He not powerful enough to purchase carriages for the "spread of the gospel"?
I am yet to see a valid point in your inputs. Are you by any means telling me the Church in the days of the early apostles were poor? Have you not read from the scriptures in Acts, how God daily added unto the church? What manner of an individual are you? Christ nor his disciples never laid any attachment to material acquisition here on earth, and yet they never lacked financially and otherwise. Are you living such an example as a Christian? Have you sat down to ask yourself all this question? Is the JET going to be bought in the name of Adeboye? If you have substantial evidence to prove such, please tender it, and I will keep my mouth shut.

davidylan:
If Christ had to open the mouth of a fish to pay His tax how do you reconcile the fact that churches today are some of the richest business empires on earth? Where was Peter's marble-floor synagogue? Where was Paul's giant, expensive seminary school? Where was Philip's mansion? Where did Brother James hide his flamboyant horses? These are men who walked with Christ, toiled and suffered to keep the flame of the gospel alive, were tortured for their faith, dared to reproof kings for the sake of the cross, forsook worldly pleasures that we may have the book we hold so dear today . . .
And what is your point here? undecided

davidylan:
Are we better than these men that we should glory in riches?
Even Solomon realized vanity upon vanity all is vanity. Solomon requested for wisdom from God, God in addition gave him riches, he realized that earthly riches is vanity. If men can glory in riches, there are lessons that we can learn from the Bible to show all what comes of their end. Or have you not read from the scriptures once again: The rich young fool? Who said unto himself. . . .Eat and be Merry, what did God say unto the Man?

davidylan:
If some people are complaining 20 million dollars is too much, it goes to show where their treasure is. And the bible makes us to know: Lay not your treasure on this earth, where it can be corrupted. - Is a private jet now heavenly treasure?
Did I say it was? Are you missing my point here? I can clearly write it in A-B-C if you are not reading it in simple English again. My point there is this: If you are attaching too much importance to the amount 20 million dollars, it goes to show where even you the critic lay up your treasure. wink
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2008
@TAYO-D

How can you be putting T.B. Joshua in the picture when we are talking about [b]MOGs. Take your time o before I go Gospel gangster on you! [/b]

we're all mere mortals, it is not for u to know who is or is'nt a MOG

buying a jet for 20M dollars??
please ask the redeemers the following ques:
1. how much did the church vote for the elderly helpline?
2. how much did the church vote for the church welfare committee?
3.  does the church not havea committee that caters for the scholarship of less priviledged members?
4. does the church not have any plan to at least improve or assist in the improvement of the deadly road which leads to their camp on which their members are always being put at risk all the time?

i still remain that the RCCG or GO should not lay bad example for others to follow as some churches now have ATM points in their compound-my father's house has now been turned into a shopping mall embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2008
Question: Would you advice Pastor Adeboye to get the $20 private jet?
Yes. 45 (47.9%)
No. 49 (52.1%)

Total Votes: 94

VOX POUPULI, VOX DEI!!!
VOICE OF THE PEOPLE IS THE VOICE OF GOD
GO, listen to the voice of the one who has called you to His service.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by wirinet(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2008
Wow, see what Oyinbos have done to my people, they have turned them to mindless morons with their religion. No wonder they have left the religion to us while they built their societies on sound principles. I hope we do not end up destroying ourselves, with my God is bigger than your God, or my Messiah is more powerful than your prophet or even my man of God is better than your man of God.

God save us from men of God
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by LadyJ1: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2008
wats d crime in buying a jet?i dont see any crime in it abeg

so many of us talking about charity here,wont even give their penny to d less priviledge

pls enough of all dis criticism and condemnation,we r all mere mortals,so why talk as if y'all r so damn perfect,haba

pple will always talk,if u do good they will talk,if u do bad they will talk,how can we pls pple?hiss
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by KunleOshob(m): 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2008
kay-pawpaw:

@TAYO-D

How can you be putting T.B. Joshua in the picture when we are talking about [b]MOGs. Take your time o before I go Gospel gangster on you! [/b]

Are they not all in the same business
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by LadyJ1: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2008
jkpretty:

So what if GO buys a jet? If u like break your necks on this issue. There's nothing u are going to do about it.

GO not buying a jet does not stop the poor from dying and it doesn't stop the rich getting richer & poor poorer. That's even if the aligation is true.

pls tell them ooooo.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Roughlen(m): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2008
Qoute
@ gabe

I do not know the veracity of your prostitute story, but lets leave that aside for now. Once again I ask - did Jesus not have money to pay for where they slept every night when they moved from place to place? Did he not possess enough to carry out his ministry? That is the real question here - Is the jet being bought for the ministry or for self? If you can answer that question, then please do.

On the issue of being poor, a lot of you have gotten it wrong.

@ Debosky

I disagree with you cos Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10: 7-10: 7 Go and preach, 'the kingdom of heaven is near!' 8 Heal the sick, bring the dead back to life, heal those who suffer from dreaded skin diseases, and drive out demons. You have recieved without paying, so give without being paid. 9 Donot carry any gold, silver, or copper money in your pockets; 10 donot carry a beggar's bag for the trip or an extra shirt or shoes or walking stick. A worker should be given what he needs.

On the issue of wealth and riches, you have gotten it wrong cos in Matthew 6: 24, Jesus Christ told his disciples that no one can be a slave of two masters; he will hate one and love the other; he will be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Also, in Matthew 19: 23-24, He said '' I assure you: it will be very hard for rich people to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 I repeat: it is much harder for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God than for a camel to go through the eye of a needle."    cool
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by tundebabzy: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2008
Someone said something funny-'why use a private jet when you can use a commercial one'. Guy,why buy a car when you can trek? OK thats extreme. Why buy a car when you can enter danfo and molue.

Another person said something about carbon emmissions. Na wa for you o. Think well and you would know that is not a valid excuse.

I think there is just one problem here. The abundant poverty around us seems to be affecting our reasoning. I liken this to what a poor farmer(i'm not saying farmers are supposed to be poor;and i'm not saying farmers are poor) would say if after eating a 'heavy' 100 naira meal at a buka comes out to see the a Golden Gate restaurant receipt with food paid for amountin to 35,000 naira.
I.m sure RCCG assets are worth up to $500million so whats all the furore all about.
Its a big sum but please the man is a blessed man of God. Didnt the God that you serve promise you prosperity? My idea of prosperity is being able to get what you want without immediatelly developing grey hair. And dont talk about using other people's money. They did not beg anybody and they are not forcing anybody. The funny thing is that about 20% of people that will donate (that is if the story is true) will account for 80% of the money.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2008
Pataki you need to grow up ASAP . . . apart from the very first line, my post was geared towards THE ISSUE at stake and not the immature route of personal insults that your likes find most convenient in order to boost your own self esteem. Every single response of yours is simply "david" from begining to the end thinly disguised as a response to the topic. This isnt about me please.

Out of respect for others i will henceforth refrain from responding to most of what you have posted which is frankly self-righteous and arrogant rubbish.

Please feel free to do your thing - insulting others who don't agree with you. you will get no response.

KunleOshob:

Are they not all in the same business

Excellent retort . . . i keep asking - why are our churches the richest "industries" in nigeria today? All i hear is "it is God's reward". Nay, this is nothing but serving mammon.

kay-pawpaw:

i still remain that the RCCG or GO should not lay bad example for others to follow as some churches now have ATM points in their compound-my father's house has now been turned into a shopping mall embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I'm sure the folks selling stuff in the temple would have made the same argument 2000 years ago.

Imagine this scenario -

Jesus - "why selleth ye your goats and doves in the temple?"
Temple Merchants - "Nay, we sin not! Wouldest thou not find it easier to purchase your ram for the burnt offering so close by?'
Jesus - "But ye have turned my Father's house into a den of thieves!"
Temple Merchant - "Thou art the accuser of the brethren!"
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Pataki: 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2008
davidylan:

Pataki you need to grow up ASAP . . . apart from the very first line, my post was geared towards THE ISSUE at stake and not the immature route of personal insults that your likes find most convenient in order to boost your own self esteem. Every single response of yours is simply "david" from begining to the end thinly disguised as a response to the topic. This isnt about me please.

Out of respect for others i will henceforth refrain from responding to most of what you have posted which is frankly self-righteous and arrogant rubbish.

Please feel free to do your thing - insulting others who don't agree with you. you will get no response.
You must be drunk at this early hour of your day. wink

Did you bother to read my first input on this topic? Out of all the respondents that posted after me, you decided to selectively pick my post, to arrogantly address me that I was hypocritically and cowardly talking to you indirectly, even when my first post had no direction to your person, name or identity on nairaland or anywhere else.

If you had been sensible enough, you ought to have stayed away rather than throwing your tantrums of others, posting hypocritically and cowardly to you. So quoting your posts is not about davidylan? You need HELP once again I retort.

Now young man, GO and GROW-UP. wink

God Bless You.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by LadyJ1: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2008
Pataki:

You must be drunk at this early hour of your day.  wink

Did you bother to read my first input on this topic? Out of all the respondents that posted after me, you decided to selectively pick my post, to arrogantly address me that I was hypocritically and cowardly talking to you indirectly, even when my first post had no direction to your person, name or identity on nairaland or anywhere else.

If you had been sensible enough, you ought to have stayed away rather than throwing your tantrums of others, posting hypocritically and cowardly to you. So quoting your posts is not about davidylan? You need HELP once again I retort.

Now young man, GO and GROW-UP. wink

God Bless You.

LMAO grin grin grin

but seriously pataki and david,u guys should cool down abeg,wats all these
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Pataki: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2008
Lady J:

LMAO grin grin grin

Please what have I done again oh? embarassed embarassed

I have only stated my points and inputs, Pastor Davidylan chose to see it otherwise and thinks turning the table to start shouting foul on my person would be redeemable. He has called others hypocrite on this same topic, and I simply took his points and stated my arguments thereon, he tells me I am insulting him. grin cheesy grin

That boy needs HELP seriously. undecided

If my posts offends anyone, I kindly tender my apologies. cheesy

Jenny, how many times will you be banned?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by LadyJ1: 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2008
Pataki:

Please what have I done again oh? embarassed embarassed

I have only stated my points and inputs, Pastor Davidylan chose to see it otherwise and thinks turning the table to start shouting foul on my person would be redeemable. He has called others hypocrite on this same topic, and I simply took his points and stated my arguments thereon, he tells me I am insulting him. grin cheesy grin

That boy needs HELP seriously. undecided

If my posts offends anyone, I kindly tender my apologies. cheesy
[sub]
[b]Jenny, how many times will you be banned?[/[/b]sub]

grin grin my dear i tire oooo sad grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2008
Its getting tiring. Move on bro . . . we've heard, i need to grow up, i am a hypocrite . . . bla bla what's new? time to move on to more interesting topics. Listening to u talk we'd be excused to think you had the kind of balls you pretend to have on the internet.
I bluntly refuse to be drawn into another guerilla war with little children.

Help me to help this thread pls. It really isnt about us.

Lady J:

Perhaps you'd be more apt if you addressed this to our resident kid here. Internet aggression is all he seems to be good at.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Pataki: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2008
davidylan:

Its getting tiring. Move on bro . . . we've heard, i need to grow up, i am a hypocrite . . . bla bla what's new? time to move on to more interesting topics. Listening to u talk we'd be excused to think you had the kind of balls you pretend to have on the internet.
I bluntly refuse to be drawn into another guerilla war with little children.

Help me to help this thread please. It really isnt about us.

Perhaps you'd be more apt if you addressed this to our resident kid here. Internet aggression is all he seems to be good at.
Talking of one who does not take issues personal. grin grin

Even Jesus never despised the little children. Have you not read that in the scriptures as well? wink

It is clear to all how you steam with you arrogance.

God Bless You once again, Pastor Davidylan.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Pataki: 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2008
Lady J:

grin grin my dear i tire oooo sad grin
Its one of those things. I have had my days also. Just keep it simple and avoid trouble at most times.

@ Topic,

RCCG can so decide to buy a JET if they are financially capable to.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2008
If my arrogance troubles you, please ignore it.

I say again . . . what's new? Its getting boring bro . . . move on with your life. You seem fixated with mundane issues and childish squabbles, i long elevated myself from that level.
Everyone knows i "steam" with arrogance - who frankly cares? People i've never met? come off the wine please.

@ topic - A jet isnt necessary. We all need to read Christ's last instructions to the disciples when He sent them out - Mark 6:7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits; 8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse: 9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats. 10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place. 11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. 12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

Why did He tell them to take no money and no bread? Would it not have "helped the gospel" that these men were well fed for the journey?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by jkpretty(f): 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2008
Still breaking ur necks over this issue? He is gonna buy the jet grin

Die if u would die, cheesy if that's what GO needs, u can't stop him. tongue cool
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Pataki: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2008
davidylan:

If my arrogance troubles you, please ignore it.

Everyone knows i "steam" with arrogance - who frankly cares? People i've never met? come off the wine please.
Personally I am not bothered with your arrogance, but I know God cares my brother. wink

Or have you not read from the scriptures, God resists the proud?

@ Topic,
Without faith it is impossible to please God. RCCG as I clearly noted, do not even have the money yet to buy the JET, rather they are believing on God through faith to buy one. If it is of God's will to have one, it will surely come to pass. If not. . . . . .
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2008
For all you critics, all I want to say is God will forgive you for you know not what you are saying. I am so disappointed in you all cos I expected you to know better when it comes to Pastor Adeboye. Be that as it may, he does not have to do anything to please men, as long as he has God's approval, CASE DISMISSED!
Daddy G.O, u deserve more for all you have been doing. God bless you and keep you.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by tpia: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2008
na wa oh.

Everybody "believing God" for a $20 million jet that they'll never see the inside of even in fifty years. undecided

Religious zealotry sha. Or is it gospel gansterism as someone described himself.

I wonder how many of you are "believing God" for the beggars on the streets of lagos, or the gutter sniffers up in the north, to also have the testimony of wealth as you preach it. undecided

hmmm so many fire and brimstone touch not my anointed almajiris . cool

skyone, I don't have your time yet. So keep on fumbling there. undecided
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2008
Pataki:

Or have you not read from the scriptures, God resists the proud?

Have you not read from the scriptures - Matthew 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by LadyJ1: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2008
na waoooo,u guys r here arguing ,while adeboye is busy buying his jet grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by tpia: 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2008
pipsguru:

What's the fuss all about? For a church as big and vibrant as the redeemed christian church of God, getting a jet is a bit late by moi. I know many of you feeling negative about this are talking from your level and perspective.

Wake up guys, if Adeboye is to be effective at his level and be efficient at what he does, it stands to reason that he needs a jet or two. The purpose of the jet is transportation at a pace that will multiply his outreach. With a jet, do you know that it is possible for adeboye to visit churches in different states and country on the same day?

When you get to the zenith of your career and calling, you will understand that time means a lot to you more than the guy rungs below you. Do you know that transportation is one of the greatest costraints a man like adeboye will be facing at this level of his work. Can you imagine the number of invitation that he has turned down for purely logistic reason? With a private jet, he can visit lagos, abuja, jos, sokoto in one sunday and preach in two different churches in each state.

Were Jesus to come in 2008, you might as well guee what his mode of transportation would be. Jesus in his day travelled with the best modes of transportation - a private boat. The boat could probably be his as there is no record of others in the boat with him beside his disciples.

Charity is the opium of the poor, so spare me. Charity has never eased, but rather aggravated poverty. Just take a trip to African nations with soup kitchens, and you will be shocked at the type of human beings that so called charity programs are churnig out. Besides, any serious christian that practices his faith should not be a charity case. You have to be uninformed, proud and lazy to depend on charity in a country like ours.

Skilled artisanship is a lost vocation, looming global food crisis will churn out millionaire farmers, and you are talking of charity?

are you for real?

you really feel all this stuff you typed constitutes validity?

and when did charity replace religion as the opium of the masses? I'm not even a marxist but are Nigerians not a good example of this saying?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Pataki: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2008
davidylan:

Have you not read from the scriptures - Matthew 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Pastor Davidylan is at it again!!!!!! grin cheesy grin You are so LOST my brother. Giving you that portion of the scripture was to drum it to you that I do not care about your silly arrogance, but God cares from the scripture. You bounce back with your favorite scripture containing hypocrite to me.

God Bless You greatly davidylan! I am so uplifted with that scripture. It was highly refreshing to my soul. wink cheesy

Lady J:

na waoooo,u guys r here arguing ,while adeboye is busy buying his jet grin
Don't worry, soon and very soon, I expect Pastor davidylan and his group of critics, to keep ferreting for scriptures when Pataki decides to buy his own JET. grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by LadyJ1: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2008
y'all should get ready,im getting me a nice jet grin
infact dat jet adeboye wants to buy is for me,he told me so cool grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by 4Play(m): 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2008
MOG. . . . . nice homonym for mug,a term which aptly describes the victims of these shakedown artists masquerading as pastors.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by romeo(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2008
20 freaking million dollars for a privagte jet grin grin grin grin

Bunch of retards parading as men of God!!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by iz2much: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2008
Soundz Interestiing

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What The Bible Say About Sports! / How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? / Eagle Prophet delivers Ernest Opoku from fornication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.