Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (12722 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (Locked) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 18, 2008
skyone:

@Davidlan and other mediocres

Because we refuse to buy our pastor a $20m jet?

skyone:

Try seeing things beyond your nose before exposing your level of ignorance on a forum like this. This man of God serves God with complete humility and sincererity.

If you could see beyond your own carnal mind you'd remember this golden nuggets - 1 Samuel 16:6And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD's anointed is before him.

7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

skyone:

Now do you know how it all started in RCCG

My saviour was born in a manger.

skyone:

dO you know where the ministry is heading to

The ministry of salvation isnt yours . . . you are merely a vessel fit for the masters use.

skyone:

do know how much that has been spent on charity and still on going

If donations to charity were the measure of spirituality, Bill Gates would be the first name on heaven's register.

skyone:

do you know what impact has this mighty ministry played in the academic standard in Nigeria and the rest of the world

- Christ healed the sick, raised the dead, fed 5000, walked on water, stilled the storm, died and resurrected on the cross for you and me. Now sir, do YOU know what impact this MIGHTY MAN has had on the entire world 2000 yrs after He first walked on this earth?

Paul said of his accomplishments - Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

On your empty boasts, Christ had this to say - Matthew 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

skyone:

now what do u really know about RCCG AND PASTOR ADEBOYE i'm sure nothing but u can increase your strength and criticise, undecided wierd and sad.

What do you know about Jesus?

skyone:

Has any of you openly criticise his/her local councillor for embezzling constituency finance not to talk of your state governor, i'm sure you dare not. But u guys can amazingly slander a man of GOD within a blink of an eye without thinking about it. Please let's think and reason well, churches are not the cause of poverty in Nigeria rather they are doing their best to end poverty, please lets think and look before we leap before endagering ourself with the wrath of ALMIGHTY GOD YAWEH.

It is not slander to compare and contrast the lifestyles of the early apostles to our modern day religious merchants.

skyone:

PART OF THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS MANY CITIZEN CANNOT THINK THEIR WAY FROM POVERTY.

Part of the problem in christendom is the unhealthy emphasis on wealth. Christ needed the coin in the mouth of a fish to pay his tax.

skyone:

REMEMBER IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF JOHN 14:14 if ye ask anything in my name i will do it.

Remember also that it is written - James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

skyone:

IT MEANS BY FAITH YOU CAN BUY YOUR PASTOR A JET WHEN GOD HAS FINISHED BLESSING YOU.

It simply means you dont understand your scriptures at all. The gospel is not all about "blessings".
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by aviela(f): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2008
The first question to ask is when did PM News become a RELIABLE source? We should all cheek sources before speaking for or against any subject.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Enigma(m): 9:15am On Jul 18, 2008
To equate the colt that Jesus rode upon on one occasion for a short trip in order to fulfill biblical prophecy, even as He was just days away from His passion and crucifixion, is to swallow hook, line and sinker (without adequate biblical understanding) the lies and deceit perpetrated by the likes of Duplantis, Price, Avanzini, Hinn, Copeland etc.

In His day to day ministry, how many times did Jesus ride a donkey or anything else? In any event, is it really sensible to equate a baby donkey with a private jet ---- by any method of conversion of old values into modern values?

How many times did any of the apostles Peter, James, Paul, John etc claim that they needed whatever the equivalent of a private jet is in order to travel to spread the gospel?

Oh, and really --- go to these Nigerian churches abroad and have a proper look at the members/people in the congregation and ask yourself how much they have really spread the gospel to the general population of the country concerned. Instead most of the congregation are Nigerians many of whom were already members of the church from Nigeria plus a smattering of other Africans/black people with very very few members, if any, of the general population of the country concerned. (Granted, there are one or two exceptions).

As I said before, if these pastors/GOs want (not need) a private jet and their flock are foolish enough to pay for it, let them all at it. What some of us cannot abide is the false argument that it is needed to "spread the gospel" or the lies and misinterpretations of the Bible that having a private jet is equivalent to what Jesus or any of the apostles did.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Enigma(m): 9:40am On Jul 18, 2008
The first question to ask is when did PM News become a RELIABLE source? We should all cheek sources before speaking for or against any subject.

This is true and a good point. However:

1. for some time now, some of the big-name American televangelists have been doing this very thing
2. the principle of the idea can be debated
3. if the story is untrue, the RCCG should come out and refute it; not only that, it might be useful if the RCCG lets the public know where they stand on the principle of a private jet for "ministry".

In any event, see also post 188 on page 6 by Guk saying:

THE PM GUYS ARE NOT TRYING TO SELL THEIR STUFF BY COOKING YOU STORIES. I was at a meeting on Thursday the 5th of June 2008 at the Redemption Camp after the monthly Holy Communion service where Pastor Adeboye outlined upcoming work needed to be done in propagating the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It was at this meeting that he mentioned the need to us for acquiring an Aeroplane.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by pipsguru: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2008
What's the fuss all about? For a church as big and vibrant as the redeemed christian church of God, getting a jet is a bit late by moi. I know many of you feeling negative about this are talking from your level and perspective.

Wake up guys, if Adeboye is to be effective at his level and be efficient at what he does, it stands to reason that he needs a jet or two. The purpose of the jet is transportation at a pace that will multiply his outreach. With a jet, do you know that it is possible for adeboye to visit churches in different states and country on the same day?

When you get to the zenith of your career and calling, you will understand that time means a lot to you more than the guy rungs below you. Do you know that transportation is one of the greatest costraints a man like adeboye will be facing at this level of his work. Can you imagine the number of invitation that he has turned down for purely logistic reason? With a private jet, he can visit lagos, abuja, jos, sokoto in one sunday and preach in two different churches in each state.

Were Jesus to come in 2008, you might as well guee what his mode of transportation would be. Jesus in his day travelled with the best modes of transportation - a private boat. The boat could probably be his as there is no record of others in the boat with him beside his disciples.

Charity is the opium of the poor, so spare me. Charity has never eased, but rather aggravated poverty. Just take a trip to African nations with soup kitchens, and you will be shocked at the type of human beings that so called charity programs are churnig out. Besides, any serious christian that practices his faith should not be a charity case. You have to be uninformed, proud and lazy to depend on charity in a country like ours.

Skilled artisanship is a lost vocation, looming global food crisis will churn out millionaire farmers, and you are talking of charity?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by jkpretty(f): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2008
So what if GO buys a jet? If u like break your necks on this issue. There's nothing u are going to do about it.

GO not buying a jet does not stop the poor from dying and it doesn't stop the rich getting richer & poor poorer. That's even if the aligation is true.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by jydeboy: 10:20am On Jul 18, 2008
I made my opinion known on an earlier thread regarding their GO, I know what manner of criticism and treaths I received. davidylan and the rest who are on the side of truth, never mind the outbursts poured on you. History would surely absolve you all one good day. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see what these one - man - business empires who call themselves churches would acquire next.
jkpretty:

So what if GO buys a jet? If u like break your necks on this issue. There's nothing u are going to do about it.

They have spoken!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by joshu5: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2008
All those who want to beef Daddy Adeboye are free if you have a problem with pastors making it and being wealthy well i suggest you take it up with the man upstairs but as for me if i get the money i go buy the man jet person wa no like am well sorry o. besides the bible tells us that the poor will not cease in the land so give all you want there will still be poor people my suggestion is this do your best and leave the rest to God. smiley
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by kingdong(m): 10:29am On Jul 18, 2008
Tayo-D:

@davidylan,
When you read the Bible out of proper contexts, you will end up with the statement as above. The Church never provided for the daily living of everyone except at a time when it was confirmed that there would be famine at a place. The Church ONLY provided for the needs of Widows and Orphans. To the others, the timeless truth applies: "He that does not work must not eat".
That you have no clue what they do does not mean they do not do it. Question: "How many times have you carried out the injuction you highlighted above yourself?" People who hype too much about the poor reminds me of no other than Judas. Didn't jesus Himself mention that "the poor you will always have with you?" Why didn't He ask Mary to go sell the perfume and give the money to the poor? The answer is very simple. Mary did that to fulfil the Gospel. The jet that the GO is buying, what purpose is it for?

Let's assume you are a CEO who owns business interests all over the world. Do you think it will be prudent to buy a jet or to continue hopping from one plane to another subject to airline cancellations and schedule? We need to make right judgments and not just one based on prejudice.

I don't know GO nor am I a fan. I don't thinkI can ever be a member of his ministry, but with the size of his church and what I believe is schedule is, I am surprised he is just getting a jet. Even the scriptures decalare that in the last days, men shall go to and fro. How do you think God expects that to be done? On the back of donkeys?

I have chosen this post of yours as an umbrella covering all the others as they derive from this and i say well done. Sadly some people will still disbelieve and make stupid and nonsensical postulations and arguements. If Jesus appears to them in living colour they will still do same.

And for many others mouth flushing is a sacred past time. It is usual for them to LOOK, criticize, judge and condemn rather than to SEE, assess, correct and yet love. Of course they haven't offered alternative leadership in whatever they condemn so have no followership to look up to and emulate them. Yet great men who have toiled when no one saw, are called all manner of names with utmost recklessness, carelessness, disregard and disrespect. Something they wouldn't be bold enough to stand and say before their "compromised" parents.

As for me i am looking forward to contributing (for i am not yet able to buy it alone) to the purchase of the jet for RCCG not our daddy the G.O. Like my friend Tayo-D has said severally, it is a tool for effective ministry. If at the end of it all, just one once miserable lost soul is saved for heaven, then it is money definitely well spent.

Salute! Greater things , !
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by skyone(m): 10:43am On Jul 18, 2008
davidylan:

Because we refuse to buy our pastor a $20m jet?

If you could see beyond your own carnal mind you'd remember this golden nuggets - 1 Samuel 16:6And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD's anointed is before him.

7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

You've completely lost it and i wonder how you solemly wish to rudicle yourself unnecessary here on this platform. Go and check how G.O gain is position over this ministry before comparing him with the ecounter Samuel, Jesse and Eliab had with God. Go back to your scriptures open up your mind and let the Holy Spirit teach you while you read and stop hawking around your level of ignorance. God immediately rejected Eliab before is to be corronated as King but in the case of G.O he was chosen by God but if only you believe it's true. Check G.O's biography.

davidylan:

My saviour was born in a manger.

Answer simple question and stop being hypocrite.
davidylan:

.[/b][/color]
The ministry of salvation isnt yours . . . you are merely a vessel fit for the masters use.
Nairalanders is this guy normal, did he pass through school at all? DAVE if you are normal answer the simple straightforward question with simple straightforward answer. Do you know where the ministry is heading to, i'm sure the answer you have is  .

davidylan:

If donations to charity were the measure of spirituality, Bill Gates would be the first name on heaven's register.
In my post did i implied that charity is equal to righteousness ? answer = NO. I asked you a simple question you came up with something out of context, are you alright.Now i see that you are full of contractdiction.

quote author=davidylan link=topic=151688.msg2522889#msg2522889 date=1216359599]
- Christ healed the sick, raised the dead, fed 5000, walked on water, stilled the storm, died and resurrected on the cross for you and me. Now sir, do YOU know what impact this MIGHTY MAN has had on the entire world 2000 years after He first walked on this earth?

Paul said of his accomplishments - Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

On your empty boasts, Christ had this to say - Matthew 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
[/quote]
Now are you comaparing Chrsit and G.O together, if you are then i need not to debate with you anylonger. Christ is part of the Holy Trinity and cannot be compared with a man even though he said in John 14:12 verily,verily, i say unto you, he that believe on me, the works that i do shall he do and greater works than these shall he do, because i go unto my father. However, i'll repeat go to RCCG WEBSITE and see what God is doing through this great man of God before concluding on false knowledge.

As per what you quoted about Paul and in relation to this debate (G.O AND THE $20M Jet) the whole nairaland can now see your incredibilty in the world of ignorance. Now i will explain that verse to you and see how blindful you are: The excellency of knowledge of Christ and Christ Himself are in contrast to the law. On account of Christ and excellency of knowledge of Christ, Paul gave up the law, his zeal for it and the righteouness in it. This indicate that Christ and the excellency of knowledge of Christ are far superior to the law. Go read from chapter 2 to 3 and stop misinterpreting the scripture.

as per Matt 5:46, yes good scripture but how well can you relate it to this debate (G.O AND $20M JET) think before you post.

[quote author=davidylan link=topic=151688.msg2522889#msg2522889 date=1216359599]
What do you know about Jesus?

It is not slander to compare and contrast the lifestyles of the early apostles to our modern day religious merchants.

Remember also that it is written - James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

It simply means you don't understand your scriptures at all. The gospel is not all about "blessings".

About Jesus; i know enough that has opened my eyes and ears in order to make Heaven where He sitted on the Right side of Yaweh.

If u believe it's not slander well that's your believe.

Mr David Lan the jet is not for pleasure it is mainly for the work of God. Jet means nothing to God as long as you are fulfilling his words. Afterall God didn't create Jet for the devilish ones it is created for us, His people to enjoy here on this Earth. "To have life and have it more abundantly" meaning by doing the right thing and being Holy you're bound to enjoy the fullness of joy and blessings HE planned for us.

wink
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by jydeboy: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2008
Vatican

The tradition is for the Pope to fly to the country he is visiting on a chartered Alitalia jet and to return on a jet belonging to a flag carrier from the visited nation. The Pope's flight is nicknamed "Shepherd One" by the press whenever he is on board any airplane.

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by CBTonline(m): 11:02am On Jul 18, 2008
Hello DavidKylan,

A word of advice to you.

I understand what it means to speak ill of an anointed servant of God.

Please, if you don't have full information pertaining to an issue, i humbly advise that you don't say anything. It is better to be quiet than utter words that are not correct.

Is it Pastor Adeboye that is now classified as one of these false prophets? eeehhnnn!!! Please, be careful.

The Bible says touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm. The use of wrong words though, backing it up with scriptures if not breathed on you by the Holy Spirit can amount to the operations of the flesh.

I know of a man of God (Rev. Joseph) who shared a story sometime back with us in a gathering who was mocked by a passerby because he saw him carrying firewoods on his head. He said, when he got home he started to shed tears and was crying and didn't say a word against that man that mocked him.

Not up to 7 days, the mocker of Rev. Joseph died unexplainably. Please note that God does not joke with his children let alone His servants who serve Him in Truth and in Spirit. God can go any length to do anything for His own. He is their Father and a jealous God for that matter.

So, Mr Davidkylan (USA), there are depths in God. By this, i mean there are levels in the knowledge of God. You can't compare that person who only reads the Bible one chapter a day to someone who eats and drinks from the LORD's table on a minute by minute basis.

Pastor Adeboye by his nature doesn't need the jet as a matter of showing off or for the sake of i've arrived. It is solely for the preaching of the Gospel of our LORD JESUS and to assist his itinerary. Kenneth Copeland has given out 46 Aircrafts in his life for the work of God and he is doing the LORD's work with passion. Why not Pastor Adeboye?

God has decided to reward His faithful servant and there is nothing ill about that. Infact, people will only hate him but that doesn't stop The Almighty God from doing what He wants to do.

Mr. Davidkylan(USA), i'll advise that you ask the Good LORD for mercy and forgiveness of sin of presumption, and He'll forgive you.

God be with you.

Chidera
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gennyz(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2008
It all depends on there(BOARD MEMBERS) motive of buying the jet cos he has to decide such issue wit the members of the board before embarking on such adventure.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by demi2008(f): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2008
(Malama Apart from taxing the RCCG members) nobody is been taxed i'm a strong member of RCCG and nobody has asked me to bring a dime.

I see people talking about Paul going to 3 continents on foot or what why cant people just wake up what century was dat what century is this. What was the world population then and what is it today. How many places were been envangelised then and how many places is been envangelised to now.

If a private jet makes it easier for G.O to travel btw nations easier while doing Gods work what is the big deal. What is the difference btw u who travel in your own cars to diff parts of the country. Why dont you use public transport instead of your private cars is it not faster and convinient using your own its the same if you travel abroad often using your own jet would be much faster convinient and economical. This is just logical

Lets not make a big issue out of this lets be logical. Most people have private jets so its no big deal. Lets change our orientation lets see things on a global perspective and not on naija level lets broaden our horizon. Anybody can have good things for his comfort. When G.O was sowing into RCCG nobody said welldone now dat God is rewarding him u dey shout and come to think of it did he ask any of you to donate a penny for ths jet.

You better rejoice with those that are rejoicing so your time of rejoicing can come and stop critisizing and judging let GOD be d judge.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by vampire(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2008
@ post
There is nopthing wrong with the church getting a jet afterall its for the church it will propel envangelism, !!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by khufu: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2008
Gennyz:

It all depends on there(BOARD MEMBERS) motive of buying the jet because he has to decide such issue wit the members of the board before embarking on such adventure.
who dare question the great GOD!? who wants to risk loosing his/her pastoral or diaconate standing? he has to just tell them: "guys, i am purchasing a jet. raise money and make it happen".
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by lexicon(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2008
let thy lord judge the criminal
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by demi2008(f): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2008
khufu
who dare question the great GO who wants to risk loosing his/her pastoral or diaconate standing? he has to just tell them: "guys, i am purchasing a jet. raise money and make it happen".

You are absolutely wrong if u dont have an idea about how RCCG is been run pls keep quiet and hold your peace forever
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by redeve17: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2008
are u guys aware its pm news spreading the gist
it is a big lie,he will never do that
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2008
I am not surprised, the first time it was :
Adeboye spent , triliion naira to build the biggest auditorium in the world
now it is:
$20m private jet
Is that all you have heard about them?
haven't heard about the thousands of hectare bought in U.S?
My advice to you is this:
Keep watching and increase your surveillence you will still hear and see greater things about RCCG
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by baloo4u2(m): 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2008
This is bullshit.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by gbengaijot(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2008
THis thread is getting sooo hot, I know quite a lot of people will have bias towards this action. I will not agree or disagree with the idea of a jet.

However, my question is, why buy a jet, when you can travel in a commercial one
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2008
CBT online:

Hello DavidKylan,

A word of advice to you.

I understand what it means to speak ill of an anointed servant of God.

I'm not sure you do . . . neither have i spoken ill of the servant of the Lord.

CBT online:

The Bible says touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm.

Misapplication os scripture bro. That verse was meant for the jewish nation ONLY.

skyone:

Go and check how G.O gain is position over this ministry before comparing him with the ecounter Samuel, Jesse and Eliab had with God.

Have you checked Brother Paul's conversion story too? It makes for incredible reading so nothing special here. GO is going to the same heaven that has Lazarus the beggar. ENOUGH OF MAN WORSHIP!

skyone:

Do you know where the ministry is heading to, i'm sure the answer you have is  .

The ministry is not for man . . . we are called into the service of Christ as His vessels not to be Lords over the household of faith.

skyone:

About Jesus; i know enough that has opened my eyes and ears in order to make Heaven where He sitted on the Right side of Yaweh.

I very much doubt it. Saying is not the same as believing or acting.

skyone:

Mr David Lan the jet is not for pleasure it is mainly for the work of God. Jet means nothing to God as long as you are fulfilling his words.

You can be "fulfilling God's words" and yet be in grave error! Ever read the story of the old and new prophets in the old testament? Did not the new prophet "fulfill God's word" too before he was cut down by the Lion?

If Jets mean nothing to God . . . where was Christ's golden chariots and race horses during His own ministry?

skyone:

Afterall God didn't create Jet for the devilish ones it is created for us, His people to enjoy here on this Earth. "To have life and have it more abundantly" meaning by doing the right thing and being Holy you're bound to enjoy the fullness of joy and blessings HE planned for us.

Are "blessings" only in terms of money, jets and cars? May God have mercy.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Pataki: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2008
I have carefully read the inputs of all on these subject, and I must say it was interesting.

It is so easy for people to point fingers at MOG without having to look deeply into their own lives. For those saying RCCG should invest the money into Missionaries, I would say, YES, RCCG does make contributions into Missionaries more than you do ever know. RCCG trains missionaries who go into places you and I have never heard before, and may never step into.

Is it not funny that those pointing accusing fingers themselves should ask what contributions have they made to the work of the GOSPEL of the Kingdom, other than their excellent criticisms? The money you personally spend in taking air flights, bus transportation or whatever transportation is, buying that car of your fancy, buying the latest phone of your desire, paying for your expensive education, can you kindly give it to MISSIONARY? undecided undecided undecided Would you kindly tell us that you are leading by example? Reminds me of the story in the bible of when the woman was brought before Jesus caught in sexual sin and Jesus told her accusers, whoever is without sin should cast the first stone. Some of you have turned yourself into an accuser of the brethren. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY!

If some people are complaining 20 million dollars is too much, it goes to show where their treasure is. And the bible makes us to know: Lay not your treasure on this earth, where it can be corrupted.

Enough said.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by jaybee3(m): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2008
demi2008:

Most people have private jets so its no big deal.

From my own understanding the most people stance only points towards business leaders/footballers/celebrities et al that used the rewards (profit, salary, commission etc) from their hard work to obtain such luxury that life can offer.

Yes logistically it probably makes sense in terms of time management and accessibility to less busy routes but you not gonna tell me that the man can afford it from the salary the church pays him.
I rather he use the money to provide scholarships, aids, hospitals, to the needy.
Men of God shouldn't be flamboyant and spreading the word of God shouldn't be seen as a business venture when the need to grow with benefits is very paramount.

I am quite sure if the church is being run as a charitable organisation with clear intentions then all this talk of private jet will def be a non starter. It just saddens me that the kind of people that will be contributing towards the purchase of the so-called jet are people struggling to survive on minimum wage in naij offcourse still blinded and misguided by the word of God on "give and your offerings will be multiplied".

On another note, no one has managed to help answer the discrepancy question on why some Churches urge its members to use credit cards (plunging gullible peeps into further debt) to pay offerings and tithes and some don't.
Churches should def be regulated
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by babymi1: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2008
Hello All,
You can condemn or say anything you wish to say but PLEASE do not condemn any servant of God. By the way who is saying a child of God can't live a better life? Stop criticising men and women who are ready to serve the Lord. By the way how many people can go thru what these men of God experience day and night. Our main purpose of existence is to preach the gospel, reaching out to people who have not heard of Him. This is our heritage! We love God, we ll serve Him till thy kingdom come. Heaven is real. These men of God go thru a lot, it is only money people talk about, Go and start a church and see how it is. I pray God opens our eyes to see things in a right way. I must say this our communication style is combative. We seem to complain about everybody and everything in this country. Why Why? The jet is for God's work to progress. Thanks for the people that brought the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ, If not for them,many of us would have been perished. Our humble and simple father in the lord simply wants to use this jet to reach out to billions out there who are still in the dark,you are complaining. Please STOP. God bless you all.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by BangBang2(m): 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2008
i dont see any pressing reason why a man of God should spend money frivolously on such a thing!!

the board of Governors should frown at this, it is stupid, un-wise and un-ethical!!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by obitobe: 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2008
is buying a jet a way of ministering  or is it that he is trying to show off the amount of money he gotthat is why i love the catholic priest.the same bible says
if it is meat that will let my brother to sin let me not take it
so please can someone tell me what Enorch .A.Adeboye is try to show here.Please this is not right let him give the money to charity and he will see how God will bless him,
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by woodboi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2008
blacksta it seems you live with blackfaze from the way you sound.

and for the jet make i no offend God.but if it is true,no be small thing.daddy G.O should watch his side o,because all the niger-dalte for R.C.C.G fit come back for their tithe.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2008
Pataki:

I have carefully read the inputs of all on these subject, and I must say it was interesting.

It is so easy for people to point fingers at MOG without having to look deeply into their own lives. For those saying RCCG should invest the money into Missionaries, I would say, YES, RCCG does make contributions into Missionaries more than you do ever know. RCCG trains missionaries who go into places you and I have never heard before, and may never step into.

Is it not funny that those pointing accusing fingers themselves should ask what contributions have they made to the work of the GOSPEL of the Kingdom, other than their excellent criticisms? The money you personally spend in taking air flights, bus transportation or whatever transportation is, buying that car of your fancy, buying the latest phone of your desire, paying for your expensive education, can you kindly give it to MISSIONARY? undecided undecided undecided Would you kindly tell us that you are leading by example? Reminds me of the story in the bible of when the woman was brought before Jesus caught in sexual sin and Jesus told her accusers, whoever is without sin should cast the first stone. Some of you have turned yourself into an accuser of the brethren. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY!

If some people are complaining 20 million dollars is too much, it goes to show where their treasure is. And the bible makes us to know: Lay not your treasure on this earth, where it can be corrupted.

Enough said.

This was hypocritically and cowardly directed at me and i will kindly respond.

Most of the "examples" here are flatly ludicrous.

First of all, my money is MINE . . . the fruit of my labour. Whether i give it to ministry, charity, missions, pay my tithes and offerings . . . is a personal decision between me and God who gave it to me. It has NOTHING to do with RCCG's decision to purchase a private jet which WILL be funded by donations and offerings of the congregation no doubt about that.
Now how are those two reconcilable?

To pretend that criticism is akin to "accusing the brethren" is like pastors who hide their atrocities behind misplaced scripture like "touch not mine anointed". Each and everyone that assumes the mantle of leadership in the household of faith must understand that their lives are effectively manuals that believers will follow and epistles to be read even of unbelievers.

I and others here have asked a very simple question - how does the current craze for material acquisition by modern day churches sit with the lifestyles of Christ and the early apostles?
- the jet is for "spreading the gospel" - fine, then please show me where Paul needed the finest chariots and horses of Rome to preach his own gospel! Christ had a thriving ministry filled with the Holy Ghost for 3.5yrs essentially walking, borrowing fishing boats, riding donkeys, walking on water - was He not powerful enough to purchase carriages for the "spread of the gospel"?

If Christ had to open the mouth of a fish to pay His tax how do you reconcile the fact that churches today are some of the richest business empires on earth? Where was Peter's marble-floor synagogue? Where was Paul's giant, expensive seminary school? Where was Philip's  mansion? Where did Brother James hide his flamboyant horses? These are men who walked with Christ, toiled and suffered to keep the flame of the gospel alive, were tortured for their faith, dared to reproof kings for the sake of the cross, forsook worldly pleasures that we may have the book we hold so dear today . . .

Are we better than these men that we should glory in riches?

If some people are complaining 20 million dollars is too much, it goes to show where their treasure is. And the bible makes us to know: Lay not your treasure on this earth, where it can be corrupted. - Is a private jet now heavenly treasure?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by huxley(m): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2008
How the sheep are easily shone! smiley
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by jydeboy: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2008
huxley:

How the sheep are easily shone! smiley
Exactly. The sheep is synonymous with stupidity in African parlance. The sheep is humble and meek and that is why the shephered always controls it sheepishly, try that with a herd of cows. Let them continue to follow sheepishly until their eyes are opened.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What The Bible Say About Sports! / How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel? / Eagle Prophet delivers Ernest Opoku from fornication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.