Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36841 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by seangy4konji: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2013
because when i say Hello to you at the junction,your pride wont allow you to say hi back and am richer than you self...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2013
mashnino: They lack respect for men...

They are too bossy

Most don't know how to keep there men

u want respect earn it bouy!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by buoye1(m): 11:58am On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...
Comment of d day......atewo ati ariwo fun e!!!1million likes bro

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by megaomo(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2013
If a successful woman like Mrs Alakija can settle down,raise four kids,be the worlds richest woman and still be submisive to her husband then i think and believe we can all get along. Weather we believe it or not,success robs a woman or a man of his/her humility to a certain degree. But dont be qiuck to forget that success for a man or a woman also depends on his or her ability to grow,nurture and make a home.

Opera Winfrey might think differently,but who gives an ape s**t.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by seangy4konji: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2013
because if i tell you can i buy you a drinkyou will ask me...WHERE IS THE PLACEI DONT GO TO ANY HOW PLACE....so i save my self the stress so you can live your frusrated life all by your self....
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by iluvweed(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin

RHETORIC QUESTION.....

YOU WANT TO BE SLAPPED LIKE THAT GUY'S WIFE AND HEAR " DONT TOUCH MY POT"

grin grin grin grin grin ;

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by tmtech: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2013
Most successful ladies don't do house chores, they don't really have time for their kids, most importantly, they seldom pay to the needs of their husbands......successful ladies mostly support feminism......most guys (including me) can't leave under the same roof with a succesful feminist............I go hear am...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by jamesbridget13(f): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
If i were a man, i would go 4 miss independent. Men re just too scared. Look @ this now, u have a job as a lady, N any thing dat happens like u agrue over something d next thing u hear is '' is because u ve a job na'' this things ve been happening b4 d job came n those comment dont come up but because u ve a job now, he becomes scared or will i call it jealous or angry. Infact men, u need 2 stand up. Stand like d man any time, any day. What is miss independent? If i were u guys like i said, '' i will go 4 them''

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by RealAlfranco: 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
. What da hell did u jst blurt out ryt nw?? After reading all of dis,I began 2 wonder if u are a guy!! Damn,ur ego is definitely higher dan Tower of Babel!!! In this century we find our selves,most educated men will not and would not dictate to a woman what,when or why she should do thngs!!! Babe if u ever bcome successful,u go wicked no be small ,Allah!!
Same ladies will start singing "I'm married to Jesus" at da age of 36!! Stay humble and God will lift u!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by seangy4konji: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
u na be part of dem....
kulyie: it is your momsi you are referring to not me grin

you never say wetin dey do you gringringrin dont worry,you will see my face when abacha rises from his grave.wannabe hooligan cheesy:p
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by jamesbridget13(f): 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
tm-tech:
Most successful ladies don't do house chores, they don't really have time for their kids, most importantly, they seldom pay to the needs of their husbands......successful ladies mostly support feminism......most guys (including me) can't leave under the same roof with a succesful feminist............I go hear am...
may God give u ur heart desire

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by seangy4konji: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
na self service deh worry you and dat yeye vibrator weh deh iinside ur wardrobe....enjoy tho...
Real_Alfranco: . What da hell did u jst blurt out ryt nw?? After reading all of dis,I began 2 wonder if u are a guy!! Damn,ur ego is definitely higher dan Tower of Babel!!! In this century we find our selves,most educated men will not and would not dictate to a woman what,when or why she should do thngs!!! Babe if u ever bcome successful,u go wicked no be small ,Allah!!
Same ladies will start singing "I'm married to Jesus" at da age of 36!! Stay humble and God will lift u!!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Rickybel(m): 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hmmmmm I'll give a robust reply to your post in due course
Amaaskia: They run because they're usually intimidated or cause they wanna be the financially successful person in the relationship smiley.

However I believe this (whoever is more financially successful) shouldn't matter as long as there's love and understanding in the relationship.

Some men are just chickens!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by tmtech: 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
jamesbridget13: may God give u ur heart desire

My wife is going to be successful buh , I don't want a business tycoon........

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by lexxwiz(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Well I mean, Men have been independent for 1000's of years. Women have had the "Opportunity" to become independent for about 30 or 40 years.
Granted I don't expect many women to actually know what being independent is or expect many to actually be such (Even though I know many women who actually are).
The one woman said a gentleman will always pay, Yea we will, But only if you are a "lady". and a Lady is not independent. No, if your independent you can pay "sometimes", or split it 50/50. There are no freebees for an independent Adult.
Personally I am independent and I always pay, but it would be nice to meet a real independent woman who would go, I got this baby and pay the check.
Or one that would buy ME something occasionally instead of always expecting me to pay for everything and buy everything while saving up her money to do whatever she wants with it, Then leaving me when she finds out one week or month I might be broke because all my money has to go to bills.
Your independent.. and your dating me, Why don't you help me with my stuff occasionally?
Whats the topic again?? Oh No, Men aint scared, Boys are!!
Do I ever expect to find a woman that will do this and actually is independent? No.
Would it be nice if I did? Hell yes.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Odunharry(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.
1000likes...why do i like ur comments and ur username?vry intelligent of u dear.

Sexkill abeg no ban name o

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by seangy4konji: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
they got no respect also..get carried away forgeting a lady wil always be a lady...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
seangy4konji: u na be part of dem....
are you sure you are mentally stable? You may need to visit the psychiatric hospital for mental examination,thank you8-)
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by crackhaus: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
Most guys don't really run from successful and financially independent women.
The sensible men still play them with expertise until we have our fill.

Trust me, successful and financially independent women are the most desperate of the pack, their arrogance and million-dollar ego doesn't let them admit it.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by jamesbridget13(f): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
tm-tech:

My wife is going to be successful buh , I don't want a business tycoon........
success na success. Whether na business tycoon or whatever. U rather prefer a banker as a wife? I am a govt teacher n wish 2 venture into some good business in due time. That wont stop me from fulfilling my marital vows when i get married. Never!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by favediva: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
So because of your mum n girlfrnd (80% sure she earns more than u btw, dts if u hav d balls 2 get 1), u have decided to make the same assumption on every successful n financially independent woman....CHOI!!
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Ruq: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: are you sure you are mentally stable? You may need to visit the psychiatric hospital for mental examination,thank you8-)

You need to chill a lil, you're woman, or are you still in your teens ? i taught you where engaged at one point ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.

Hah, this one don finish... Where is ur mother?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Timcy2(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
A woman that has ascertain such status, is only looking 4 a man, because of his name.

That love is not there. And we guys are looking 4 someone 2 love and cherish us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: lmao.this your primary school rhymes is mind blowing.grin you better register in any kindergatten school because you will make a very good kindergaten teacher grin

dont forget other rhymes like mary has a little lamb grin buhahahahahahahahhagrin
Afterall u sound just like the kindergatten lady already,.....(covering my nose coz of MO).. Besides that laughter is reallyy sinister, if you have a better line let's have it.......Beeeooooooootttchh! Aha!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by jamesbridget13(f): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Catalyst101:

Hah, this one don finish... Where is ur mother?
lmao.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Real_Alfranco: . What da hell did u jst blurt out ryt nw?? After reading all of dis,I began 2 wonder if u are a guy!! Damn,ur ego is definitely higher dan Tower of Babel!!! In this century we find our selves,most educated men will not and would not dictate to a woman what,when or why she should do thngs!!! Babe if u ever bcome successful,u go wicked no be small ,Allah!!
you remind me of this song this deeper lifers usually sing in our former neighbourhood

I AM MARRIED TO JESUS ,SATAN LEAVE ME ALONE grin.........

Anyway,to each his own and for the records i am a boss in my own field and i am not wicked,i might be firm and a bit difficult,but i am objective,unemotional and unsentimental when it comes to sensitive decision making processes,so rule wickedness out.its a strong word
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Originalsly: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Is it really guys run from successful women?...or successful women cannot find a man to marry? @ topic...men run from women for the same reasons whether the woman is successful or not. Like it or not...men and women are wired differently. Men are naturally dominant ...that's just the way it is....regardless of his earnings, his status or whatever. Most successful women believe that because of their success that they have become the dominant one and should also be wearing the pants ...hmmm....wearing the trousers! Two .bulls can't live in the same pen therefore the man will either keep it moving....or stick around mainly for material gains. On the other side...so many women have no time for relationships while chasing success and success does not come overnight. By the time they have attained success and ready to start a relationship it is too late since most of the good men have already been married and the few unmarried ones do not want commitments...and that is the foundation for this popular lamentation by successful women.....men run from successful women!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Women need to understand that most men do not rate them by their level of success or accomplishment.

If I want to indulge my libidinous cravings, I go for a voluptuous and sexy chick. If I want a relationship or marriage, I go for a level-headed, well-behaved, sensible, and God-fearing woman. In either case, her so-called "success" or "financial independence" has nothing to do with it. Only a lazy gigolo or broke-ass mofo would be impressed by a woman's financial success. A financially stable man needs a woman for other reasons. In most cases her success/wealth is a distraction rather than an advantage.

In terms of desirability, only men are judged by their wealth and financial status; women are mostly judged by their beauty, deportment, and personality. It's as simple as that.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nairalander (Humbleservant) Weds His Beautiful Wife / How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? / 10 Signs A Woman May Have Character Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.