Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36834 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by tmtech: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
jamesbridget13: success na success. Whether na business tycoon or whatever. U rather prefer a banker as a wife? I am a govt teacher n wish 2 venture into some good business in due time. That wont stop me from fulfilling my marital vows when i get married. Never!!!
U get ma point partly.......just so you know, teachers make good wives ,I fink dats becos of their discipline....so as a succesful teacher/business woman is far better than a business tycoon
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by myads890(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
From my point of view, men and women change when they start making money. I have friends who change and find it hard to say hi when they come across a little money but they will be the first people to call out your name on the street when they get broke. I have nothing wrong with my woman being independent and we are presently working together on building my business and hers.

However, men need to realise something. Respect is earned. If you are broke even your friends(guys) won't respect you.in your quest for respect from women, get a job or start a business, stay focused and ensure you attain your goals.

Remember, the world only celebrates success and not mediocrity.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by jamesbridget13(f): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Timcy2: A woman that has ascertain such status, is only looking 4 a man, because of his name.
when she was not miss independent, she was looking 4 his money. Now that she's miss independent, she's looking 4 a (his)name. What happened 2 real love? Abi miss independent no dey fall in love?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by SmashingM(f): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Raymondenyi:
Will u shut up n don't write what u know nothing about;
D ladies that achieve such firm n re not mingled with disgusting attitudes! Don't tek timme @ all to get married... It is the once with attitude! Moreover over 98% of them got attitudes, so what do u expect... When stable, they quickly place people they believe re below them! Behave anyhow to them! N always will wanna shw class.. How do u expect such attitudinal being to get mmarried? ( Generally we all know ladies re very greedy n self-centered beings, little 1da, why 2 ladies can't leave in a room 2geda) then imagine d type dat is stable, wat will u expect..,

With d experiences I hv 4rm ladies; I could do things 2x for my male friends, before I consider doing it 1ce for a lady!!!

*wicked set of beings** mtcheeeeeeewww!!!

Boy, it's time to go back to school!

From your rantings, we can only deduce that you suffer from low mentality and low self esteem, go and work on yourself and you'll start seeing those successful independent ladies as your equals or even as below you instead of always feeling below them when you're in their midst. Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by crackhaus: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Amaaskia: They run because they're usually intimidated or cause they wanna be the financially successful person in the relationship.

However I believe this (whoever is more financially successful) shouldn't matter [s]as long as there's love and understanding in the relationship.[/s]

Some men are just chickens!
Ama! Ama! Ama!
Wetin we do you? No love?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ruq:

You need to chill a lil, you're woman, or are you still in your teens ? i taught you where engaged at one point ?

Yea, but the dude read this from her character and borrowed leg from Usain Bolt and bolted:

kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
embarassed tongue cool embarassed
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by donsteady(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
victorD3:

It has to do with the attitude that comes with a woman acchieving firm and success.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Sirgen05(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
I think a reasonable & wealthy women should help their men out of dependent living if they want to enjoy their homes. The two should not relax until that is done. So also the men, should make their women less dependent. Once done, it'll raise the man's ego as he resumes his role in the family. The order should be maintained.
My take!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Danhumprey: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
consultancy: It simply has to do with d pride,ego and carriage dat cums wit success n affluence..no man would want to b controlled by a woman who feels shes in charge cos shes made wealth
Exactly! Men have pride and ego they value and would want to protect at all time and at all cost. They can't stand being disrespected and controlled by a woman just because she is rich and already made.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by paranorman(m): 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Personally, my idea of a independent woman is one that doesnt need no man to cater for her needs at all no matter how much or little she earns. Such women earn my respect. Concernin the op's question, 'tas already bn answered by most comments. But its really cool when you find a rich woman and still she's humble, submisive and virtuous. Such women just sweep me off my feet!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by bigx(m): 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Which guys?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Ruq: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ishsoph:

Yea, but the dude read this from her character and borrowed leg from Usain Bolt and bolted:

embarassed tongue cool embarassed

Exactly, you can deduce from her posts a lil bit of what she's like.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: you remind me of this song this deeper lifers usually sing in our former neighbourhood

I AM MARRIED TO JESUS ,SATAN LEAVE ME ALONE grin.........

Anyway,to each his own and for the records i am a boss in my own field and i am not wicked,i might be firm and a bit difficult,but i am objective,unemotional and unsentimental when it comes to sensitive decision making processes,so rule wickedness out.its a strong word
What field are you the boss in? Recharge cards and Phone call centre? Ahahah.. I laff in pidgin. We know your types full of hypes but absolutely empty! No doubts!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by texbaba1: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
My answer to this is simple; if women were to be the presidents of U.S.A, Britain, France, Russia, Italy, China, Japan nd Germany all at the same the same time...as u hve with men, this world as we know it would have ended due to war with each other. Too much Ego problm, hence Women complain abt men but will do worse when in men's shoes.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MrAboki: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: really? cheesy so the longer a man's preek is,the bigger his money right? Try lati malo common sense e die die na grin

Nobody is talking about the size of anyones equipments here.. grin

All I am saying is that;

1. Most powerful women actually do have an ant up their asses.. They are just too darn arrogant. MOST!! Not ALL..
2. Most of the guys that run away from these sort of women are not Mature guys.. They are mostly jokers.
3. These women can smell bullshiit from a Mile off.. They dont suffer fools. They are always on the look out for Moochers hence the arrogance most times.

4. The men who can actually match up to the expectations of such women are almost never available. They are either married or engaged.

The answer to the OP's post is; Boys run away from such women, Men are limited in supply.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by wogorparadise: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
E.M.Ezzy:
I think it has to do with a wee bit of personal ego...most men think that if thier wife is rich or earn more than 'em is synonimous to kicking thier testicles IMHO.
thats a fat lie tell them to put their ego in their pocket n see if they wont get suitors.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
A Guy who has no job got married 2 a banker, despite his fears and
several advices that it's not good to marry without a job. Every month
the girl wud give d guy her full salary of N135k afta removin her
tithe.The guy would give the wife N20k 4personal upkeep and the guy
determined what happened to the remaining money. This happened for
3gud yrs. There was happiness in d family and d wife never refused to do
her primary home duties for that 3 years, despite wrong advice from
friends that 'you can't be paying the bills and still be doing all the
wok'.There was a particular month d guy used about N70,000 2travel frm
state to state for different interviews. He finally got a job with a gud firm
in Port-Harcourt.His salary was N600,000 monthly 4 a start. He bought
his first car (a brand new) for N4.5m, he gave d wife the car key,&
continued to take public transport 2work for abot 2yrs.Then he bought
the 2nd car for N6 million, took d keys of d first car & gave his wife the
keys of the 2nd car.They eventually moved into their own house after
few yrs. One day, d wife was looking 4some documents.She stumbled on
a file neatly hidden, when she opened it, she saw her wedding picture
when she was very slim in d first page of the file.She then saw dat d
document 2the purchase of the land and every other thing in the house
were all written in her name! At d last page was the husband's wedding
picture and a note written by him: ''MY WIFE IS ALL I HAVE GOT. NOT
EVEN THIS HOUSE WORTH N24M AT THE TIME I BUILT IS MINE''.Tears
started to roll down her eyes.This couple got married in 1998. Last
Sunday was their wedding anniversary with 3 children.True LOVE still
exists till this day. Are you sure the love you have for ur partner can be
compared to this one you just read?No matter wat, remember u chose
each other. It doesn't matter who puts food on d table or who pays d
bills.... culled from seth jones facebook page.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by jamesbridget13(f): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
tm-tech:

U get ma point partly.......just so you know, teachers make good wives ,I fink dats becos of their discipline....so as a succesful teacher/business woman is far better than a business tycoon
its ok
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by pseudonomer: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
I'm an African man by nature... I still do things the old way... Though I like financially Independent ladies(Ones that are ɑ hell richer than me) as girlfriends... they are very useful but will definitely not get married to one. I must be 60% wealthier than my wife if I no want my marriage to turn to hell.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
lynpetra: Damn it,some men are confused beings.They agitate for self -dependent women only to run away when they are successful.IMO,such men are less than cowards. undecided

@op,sweety how have you been??Don't worry I wud be a wealthy and submissive wifey.The only problem is if you buy me d latest Toyota ride,I wud retaliate by buying you the latest Range Rover?? wink
liability in progres
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Danhumprey: 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.
I would slap myself if I don't agree with you. Your store of wisdom and idea is kinda intimidating. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by heymaykher(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
then get ready to remain single for lyf.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Lovexme(m): 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
CFCfan: It has to do with the ego (not money). Men are naturally wired to believe that it's their sole responsibility to provide for the woman.

That's the belief of those in the 60s. Responsibilities are meant to be shared, and that includes finance, cooking, and even shopping for groceries. Yes! Groceries angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
nbright: The guys aren't running away... The women are running after men higher up... They wouldn't want to settle for "less"...

Very true.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MrAboki: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lovexme:

That's the belief of those in the 60s. Responsibilities are meant to be shared, and that includes finance, cooking, and even shopping for groceries. Yes! Groceries angry

Thats the belief of 2013.. grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Lovexme(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Thats the belief of 2013.. grin

Embrace the change, bro.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nduxzy: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
You are definitely going to wake up one day very old bearing grandma without no kinds and the only that comes to you mind will be I WISHED i buried my ego
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by alfredo4u(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
I can't marry a financially dependent lady funny enough. Both of us must be doing well financially, I wasn't created to sponsor a lady.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by myads890(m): 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Nobody is talking about the size of anyones equipments here.. grin

All I am saying is that;

1. Most powerful women actually do have an ant up their asses.. They are just too darn arrogant. MOST!! Not ALL..
2. Most of the guys that run away from these sort of women are not Mature guys.. They are mostly jokers.
3. These women can smell bullshiit from a Mile off.. They dont suffer fools. They are always on the look out for Moochers hence the arrogance most times.

4. The men who can actually match up to the expectations of such women are almost never available. They are either married or engaged.

The answer to the OP's post is; Boys run away from such women, Men are limited in supply.. grin

I agree with you. The funny thing about the male gender is not all boys grow into men despite their age. Women were not created to be under us, they were created to stand by our side. To all the "males", you need to ascertain if you are still a boy or if you've actually grown into a man because women only respect "men".

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by dabossman(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
I think some of these financially successful ladies need to maybe change or broaden their circle of friends.

I noticed a trend recently which sort of formed this opinion. I realized that a number of financially independent ladies who finally got married after waiting almost endlessly, got married to guys they knew from many years before; probably in secondary school or university, or in the neighbourhood they grew up in. These are guys who knew them before they started earning the fat salaries. Guys who know their true person and not some perceived diva status. In some cases, even when the guy is obviously earning less than they are, it didn't pose a problem because the guy knows where they are coming from and appreciates and respects the fact that they've made something positive of their lives over time. The really key in these cases being accessibility because there was an existing relationship.

So maybe these ladies need to get outside of their usual circle of friends who hangout at only the poshest of locations and mingle more with people who are not necessarily in your "social status". Let these people get to know the real you. It won't de-rep you or cheapen you.

This also applies to guys who say there are no good girls out there. There are, you are just not searching in the right crowd.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MrAboki: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lovexme:

Embrace the change, bro.

I was raised to operate differently..

My money should be enough to spoil my wife.. Her money should be enough for her to buy me gifts in appreciation.. grin

#OldSchoolNiggas..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Couple Ride Bikes In Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos / Nairalander (Humbleservant) Weds His Beautiful Wife / How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.