Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts (37457 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Muslim Converts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by yayo1: 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
haka_nai: LOL!!!! See how journalist can mislead people.Here they say money was thrown at converts.I was in the Mosque and observed the event. The money went to the Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research (missionary work). So to suggest that it was meant for the converts is rather silly and intent on making the converts look materialistic.The donations was meant for the NGO to continue its preaching activities.Other worshipers were also advice to try and preach the message.Some said they converted because of the way Muslims behave.The Imam also use this to highlight why we should be exemplary in our day to day dealings and actions.
They had there different reasons and views as to why they choose to convert. Non mentioned material or worldly pursuit.We have to give them the benefit of doubt and they were not all Igbos. Some were from the ND and SW.Contrary to the report it was the National Mosque chief Imam who received them.
NAIJA Journalist !!!! na today i know say they can so lie or change facts.
......no one is gonna give you a dime to join Islam.. but it's sunnah to show brotherly love...
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by spark4daz(f): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
Bambela: Rochas is a disgrace to Igbo nation
if Rochas a disgrace as gud as he is, what den is TA Orji?
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by danjalingo: 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=RoyPCain]the comments for the most part cheapen the 'individual' if not collective conscience of the igbo people. i wonder if this was the collective reaction of the igbo animists about a century ago, when the new christian religion was in the same infancy state that islam is presently is? if the muslims are giving monies to the reverts and the christians about a century ago did not give any to the converts, Islam has owns again demonstrated its goodly quality of appreciation.

after all islam in nigeria is not invading igboland with gun in one hand and Quran in another as the christians did.

i pray the reversion is more rapid and those left outside of islam will see themselves as minority. Amin Yaa Allah.

by the way, igbos like any other ethnicity see good and go to it. InshaAllah the igbos will abandon christianity as the abandoned paganism. Amin Yaa Rahman.

And we know igbos in and out of nigeia who accept islam without any other reason except they are convinced it is ordained as commandment as the way to worship the Creator.

i am happy for the new reverts. may Allah protect their hearts.

this is evidence of Surah Nasr; 110. people are 'trooping' into Islam. mashaAllah.[/quote
you are happy, but if they had converted ( or reverted ala you) from Islam to any other religion 'fatwa' would be hanging on their heads already.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by isalegan2: 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
deols: I dont like this. It is unhealthy.

It's not true. undecided
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Ezemust: 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
Orikinla: ISLAM FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. grin
guĂ˝ u gat me boko haraming.lamo
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by isalegan2: 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Gosh! So many offensive unproven accusations on this thread and I'm only on second page. (I'm not talking about you, Deols. smiley )
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by ALISMILE(m): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
samsy5460: Why on this earth should this surprise anybody...Ibos, no apologies, except to some very few ones who would know the value of being humaine, they sell, sacrifies for ritual purposes, their own wives, parent, children & friends, for the sake of money. Just imagine for example, the people that have been the most seletively killed since the onslaught of these so called boko rebels have been the ibos & its not about to get better. One really begin to wonder...should they, these so called ibos, so unstable in their mind & in spirit, be allowed lead this country, what chance would Nigeria have then? Political Ashewo from on set and now religious Ashewo. what next? angry
my guy u sound soo hurt and pained, simply cos som people frm an ethnic group accepted Islam now u feel like killin dem all. And later u ll say muslims re not tolerant.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by ALISMILE(m): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
haka_nai: LOL!!!! See how journalist can mislead people.Here they say money was thrown at converts.I was in the Mosque and observed the event. The money went to the Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research (missionary work). So to suggest that it was meant for the converts is rather silly and intent on making the converts look materialistic.The donations was meant for the NGO to continue its preaching activities.Other worshipers were also advice to try and preach the message.Some said they converted because of the way Muslims behave.The Imam also use this to highlight why we should be exemplary in our day to day dealings and actions.
They had there different reasons and views as to why they choose to convert. Non mentioned material or worldly pursuit.We have to give them the benefit of doubt and they were not all Igbos. Some were from the ND and SW.Contrary to the report it was the National Mosque chief Imam who received them.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by ALISMILE(m): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by ramalot(m): 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by PECO4KING(m): 11:42pm On Nov 16, 2013

Am sure the journalist is a christain
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by tintingz(m): 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
dan jalingo:
what do you understand to be 'Christianity'? they are those that follow and behave like him. so could he have followed himself?
And where was Jesus in OT bible? Did Jesus ever called his followers christians?
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by amakenny: 12:02am On Nov 17, 2013
Paschal007: And Rochas keeps wasting state funds with reckless abandon.

Smh
Methinks, this Gov. Rochas Okorocha has since decided to be a one term only governor.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Samunique(m): 12:08am On Nov 17, 2013
RoyPCain: the comments for the most part cheapen the 'individual' if not collective conscience of the igbo people. i wonder if this was the collective reaction of the igbo animists about a century ago, when the new christian religion was in the same infancy state that islam is presently is? if the muslims are giving monies to the reverts and the christians about a century ago did not give any to the converts, Islam has owns again demonstrated its goodly quality of appreciation.

after all islam in nigeria is not invading igboland with gun in one hand and Quran in another as the christians did.

i pray the reversion is more rapid and those left outside of islam will see themselves as minority. Amin Yaa Allah.

by the way, igbos like any other ethnicity see good and go to it. InshaAllah the igbos will abandon christianity as the abandoned paganism. Amin Yaa Rahman.

And we know igbos in and out of nigeia who accept islam without any other reason except they are convinced it is ordained as commandment as the way to worship the Creator.

i am happy for the new reverts. may Allah protect their hearts.

this is evidence of Surah Nasr; 110. people are 'trooping' into Islam. mashaAllah.
Aboki, try and ask how many muslims islam is losing to christianity every year b4 u start jubilating bcs of monetary conversion

2 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by vikajef(m): 1:39am On Nov 17, 2013
They converted peacefuly without any
brother, father, Pastor or relative
attempting to kill dem instead a christian
Gov. and personality gave dem cash
rewards. Imagine what would happen to a
muslim-to-christian convert This shows
clearly that christianity is mature n truely
the true religion of peace; we allow God to
fight our battles not otherwise...ponder on
this my muslim brother n sisters...They converted peacefuly without any
Gov. and personality gave dem cash
this my muslim brother n sisters...
They converted peacefuly without any
Gov. and personality gi dem cash
this my muslim brother n sisters...
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by fxx2: 1:39am On Nov 17, 2013

Better. Feel relieved.

but, an Igbo man converted to Islam should not be taken for granted. Dig deep and find that confusion/ instability or materialism propelled them.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Tyche(m): 1:42am On Nov 17, 2013
Why are the majority of us emotional and irrational. These people were just lucky to get the money, there are others who convert and get nothing.

It is very wrong accusing them of converting for the Money, very wrong. It's them alone that knows why they converted.

Come to think of it, if they really know the likes of Rochas in person, he could still give them money without the need for them to convert.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Tyche(m): 1:42am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Tyche(m): 1:47am On Nov 17, 2013
fxx2:

but, an Igbo man converted to Islam should not be taken for granted. Dig deep and find that confusion/ instability or materialism propelled them.

This is phucking prejudicial. And you call yourself a human being? A rational one?
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by LadyH(f): 1:54am On Nov 17, 2013
click2cbn: I need to convert too! Off to Trans-amadi mosque! U can call me click2adamu. Make una find me my own share oh grin
lwkm!!! yeye! but guy, dis story na rubbish o?! I no even knw weda to laf or vex.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by LadyH(f): 1:57am On Nov 17, 2013
amakenny: Methinks, this Gov. Rochas Okorocha has since decided to be a one term only governor.
choppingdmoneywhileiseeit tinz.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by LadyH(f): 1:59am On Nov 17, 2013
isale_gan2:

It's not true. undecided
I hope o.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by fxx2: 2:10am On Nov 17, 2013
You convert for personal good and it is just natural to rejoice with a convert.

Muslims celebrates conversion because only a handful of persons do that. When you check on those converts, you will discover they were never serious with their former religion.

Strong members from Islam are daily moving to Christianity and there has never been a celebration in the Church, let alone the National Christian Center.

Christianity witnesses the likes of St Paul's conversion and you only get to hear about it in their deeds. They are working for their salvation and so do anybody else.

Besides, if you are true, you do not have to change from the religion you were born into. Every true religion has what it takes to make heaven.

After all, love is neither a Christian nor a Muslim.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by fxx2: 2:25am On Nov 17, 2013
Tyche:

This is phucking prejudicial. And you call yourself a human being? A rational one?

Cool your temper my dear. I am an Igbo and have lived among Muslims for many years.

My friendship with Muslims made me better/ stronger follower of Christ. I have never asked any of my Muslim friends to lose faith.

Whenever any of them admires my way of Christian life, I do not hesitate to let them understand values in Islam as well because I have read the Qur'an and other Islamic books pretty well.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Billygee2u: 3:04am On Nov 17, 2013
ROCHAS HAS CONTINUED DIGGING HIS POLITICAL GRAVE IN IGBOLAND.OKOROCHA FUTURE POLITICAL SUCCESS IN IMO STATE HAS FINALLY BEEN NAILED AND BURIED BY HIMSELF TODAY.RIP OKOROCHA POLITICAL AMBITION

1 Like

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Tyche(m): 3:43am On Nov 17, 2013
Billygee2u: ROCHAS HAS CONTINUED DIGGING HIS POLITICAL GRAVE IN IGBOLAND.OKOROCHA FUTURE POLITICAL SUCCESS IN IMO STATE HAS FINALLY BEEN NAILED AND BURIED BY HIMSELF TODAY.RIP OKOROCHA POLITICAL AMBITION

Is this what it is to you? Political ambitions? SMH
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Billygee2u: 4:29am On Nov 17, 2013
Tyche:

Is this what it is to you? Political ambitions? SMH

BELIEVE IT OR NOT OKOROCHA POLITICAL AMBITION/CAREER IS FINALLY BURIED IN IMO STATE TODAY.JUST SAYING R...I...P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. / Sheikh Jamiu AMI OLOHUN - Who Is He? / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.