Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why (17206 Views)

Please How And Were Can I Buy Goods In Bulk From Wholesalers In Lagos And Aba / How Do I Shop In Usa And Receive Goods In Nigeria? / Outsourcing Business In Nigeria: Why Can't It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by VICTORCIZA(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
Senceless post

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by manny4life(m): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Littlehooper: IGBO TRIBE IS MONEY CONSCIOUS TRIBE..
THEY CAN DO ANYTHING JUST TO GET MONEY.... THEY CAN USE THEIR MANHOOD FOR RITUAL JUST TO GET MONEY..

IGBO ARE THE ONE THAT PIRATE THE WORK OF ANOTHER MAN ( PIRACY IN BOOKS, CD......)

NAIRA = NEVER ALLOW IGBO RULE AGAIN
ABA MADE

HBP is real... Take it easy and calm down.

I'm no expert in law, but the law says, any one who patronizes a KNOWN criminal is as guilty as the criminal, so what does that make you who patronizes pirated CD's and books? Please, tone it down okay...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mr Aboki: In other News

The owner of the company that manufactured the Killer-Teething drug "My Pikin" was a Yoruba Man..
A Yoruba man would rather manufacture his own brand, with its standard unlike an Igbo man that would "manufacture" a substandard on an existing commodity to deceive those that are not observant.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by boniflex(m): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Littlehooper: IGBO TRIBE IS MONEY CONSCIOUS TRIBE..
THEY CAN DO ANYTHING JUST TO GET MONEY.... THEY CAN USE THEIR MANHOOD FOR RITUAL JUST TO GET MONEY..

IGBO ARE THE ONE THAT PIRATE THE WORK OF ANOTHER MAN ( PIRACY IN BOOKS, CD......)

NAIRA = NEVER ALLOW IGBO RULE AGAIN
ABA MADE
I don't really know d part of Nigeria u are from but I must say Nigeria can never survive witout d igbo race even ur use*less tribe Id1ot

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
manny4life: Lazy people blame others for their woes, MOST Nigerians are lazy by default and hence blame Igbos for their inability. If Igbos sell substandard products, what do you do? Make a move and change the system: produce quality standard goods. You cannot eat your cake and have it back, you want cheap goods but quality at same time, for where... Even China is a dump ground for substandard products... So yall deal with it.

ARE U COMMENDING THE IGBO FOR THE TYPE OF BUSINESS (PRODUCING OF SUBSTANDARD GOODS,PIRACY,.....)THEY ASSOCIATED THEMSELVES WITH ....
GOD KNOWS THE TYPE OF WORK YOU ARE DOING FOR A LIVING
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
dedons: what's the essence of exposing the innocent child to hungry kidnappers on NAIRALAND
What happened to your sense of humour?! FYI she look like the younger version of madam finance.
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by manny4life(m): 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
Littlehooper:

ARE U COMMENDING THE IGBO FOR THE TYPE OF BUSINESS (PRODUCING OF SUBSTANDARD GOODS,PIRACY,.....)THEY ASSOCIATED THEMSELVES WITH ....
GOD KNOWS THE TYPE OF WORK YOU ARE DOING FOR A LIVING

Apparently you're chasing shadows, read my post again.

The essense of my post: you accuse Igbos of this ills that you're guilty off, you point to Igbos, yet three fingers are pointing right back at you. How can a criminal accuse another criminal of a crime? You have no moral standing, that is my point... It's an unending cycle of crime and corruption, so deal with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
abionicdude: coz majority of d goods imported into nigeria is done by d igbos.And there is dis rumour which goes around dat dis importers go outside d country and ask for d quality of dis goods to be reduced,as i said it's a rumour.But to be honest all tribes are to be blamed coz nigerians have dis get rich attitude which makes them forsake their conscience all in d name of making money quick.
It is not a rumour, Igbo people travel to Asia, where they urge manufacturers of electronic appliances to reduce their standard. These appliances, upon shipped to Nigeria, are sold at the same price, if not higher, as the standard ones.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by alotofgrace(m): 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
hehehe.naija chinko
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Gorrbachev: 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nashville: But why should this topic make front page? Haven't we had enough tribal war on Nairaland? Not sure what the moderators want with this on FP!

Its not intended for tribal war but a self serving chest beating show created to deceive a potential "maga" to find information about how "industrious" igbo people are on a popular Nigerian website. nairaland is being used to scam foreigners and this is a perfect example of such cases.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
boniflex: I don't really know d part of Nigeria u are from but I must say Nigeria can never survive witout d igbo race even ur use*less tribe Id1ot

NIGERIA CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT IGBO VERY WELL..
NOTHING GOOD COMES FROM YOUR TRIBE (IGBO )...
IGBO YOUTHS WILL KIDNAP THEIR (IGBO)LEADERS N STILL BE ASKING FOR RANSOM..
IGBO(NIGRER-DELTA MILITANT, KIDNAPPING )

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by manny4life(m): 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
It is not a rumour, Igbo people travel to Asia, where they urge manufacturers of electronic appliances to reduce their standard. These appliances, upon shipped to Nigeria, are sold at the same price, if not higher, as the standard ones.

What have you done about it? Is it not the same Yoruba men who are in customs accepting bribe to allow these cheap substandard thrash come into Nigeria? Abegi, make we hear word jare.. Don't blame Igbos for your woes. If you don't trust Igbos, start your own import business.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by dubienatti(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
I Just de wonda if there is any thing like Hausa made, yoruba made.calabar made, Fulani made .ogbomosho made,tiv made etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by MPEROR: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
UL UNDERWRITER LAB IN USA SET THE STANDARD OF THINGS THAT WOULD BE ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTRY
Don't blame the IGBOS blame ND SOMETHING THAT IS ALWAY RUNNING AFTER FAKE DRUGS THEY SHOULD CHECK FAKE EVERYTHING when such a department is put in and are doing their jobs then maybe they tell ABA MADE PRODUCT TO RAISE THEIR STANDARD
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by chi4ik(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Even if it's through, can U remove ur money $ buy quality goods? If d price is high, U all will say igbo too like money but Note: without Igbo, Nigeria ECONOMY will crash. Igbo is the heart of Nigeria quote any where.... I LOVE IGBO's

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
manny4life:

What have you done about it? Is it not the same Yoruba men who are in customs accepting bribe to allow these cheap substandard thrash come into Nigeria? Abegi, make we hear word jare.. Don't blame Igbos for your woes. If you don't trust Igbos, start your own import business.
The customs boss is Hausa/Fulani. FYI the head of the Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) the last time I checked is Igbo - Odumodu. He may be coniving with "our sons."

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by buoye1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
All join...Igbo...Aba....china na d same
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
manny4life:

Apparently you're chasing shadows, read my post again.

The essense of my post: you accuse Igbos of this ills that you're guilty off, you point to Igbos, yet three fingers are pointing right back at you. How can a criminal accuse another criminal of a crime? You have no moral standing, that is my point... It's an unending cycle of crime and corruption, so deal with it.

RAMBLING COMMENTS....
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by donguutti: 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
If I were a little Bit less paranoid i would say this thread was meant for Google.

KEYWORDS- IGBOS, ARE and SUBSTANDARD, "Igbos are hated" is not enough is it.
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by ahmedio: 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
@shachris.
i can promise you that biafran will not solve your problem.infact i believe the reason why the igbos still exist is because they are still part of Nigeria.
Igbos are like crabs in a basket.you dont need a cover.they pull themselves down.Most big men in igbo land dont make their money nor stay in igboland.why.because their own brothers will kill them.
So please just thank God that you are still part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
chi4ik: Even if it's through, can U remove ur money $ buy quality goods? If d price is high, U all will say igbo too like money but Note: without Igbo, Nigeria ECONOMY will crash. Igbo is the heart of Nigeria quote any where.... I LOVE IGBO's
Rubbish.
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Polio: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
chi4ik: Even if it's through, can U remove ur money $ buy quality goods? If d price is high, U all will say igbo too like money but Note: without Igbo, Nigeria ECONOMY will crash. Igbo is the heart of Nigeria quote any where.... I LOVE IGBO's

True not Through ... Illiterate!
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by MrAboki: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh: 7
A Yoruba man would rather manufacture his own brand, with its standard unlike an Igbo man that would "manufacture" a substandard on an existing commodity to deceive those that are not observant.

I can spot a knock-off designer label from a mile off..

I cant spot a fake My Pikin drug from close range..

I can wear a Fake Versace Jeans and not die... But any Pikin wey drink 'MY PIKIN' will need burial...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
It was because they started it
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2013

IGBO IS THE HEART OF NIGERIA INDEED!!!
DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE IN NIGERIA.
NAIRA IS A CODED MESSAGE TO THE IGBOS
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by manny4life(m): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
Littlehooper:

RAMBLING COMMENTS....

I'm rambling while you're ranting...lol

Abegi, if it pain u too much, go and do your own and MAKE A CHANGE. cool
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Bome01(m): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
shachris: Not only goods, IGBOs are blamed for everything that goes wrong in Nigeria. You toilet is leaking it must be that useless Nweke aba made pipes, Your are not bleeping your wife wella, it is okafor your neighbor that comes to bleep your wife when you are not around. Plane crash, it is Oduah and her renovated airplanes; you no fit pay your child's school fees, it is Afam that has come to your land and taken over all your jobs.

Make them no worry, cool BIAFRA is coming soon and we would leave their country for them.

I thought BIAFRA would have come to stay by now? I thought they should have ceded from Nigeria by now after more than 30 years after the Civil war?
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by simeonT: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
k.style:
I laffed so hard wen my bro servin in umuahia said he bought a tin of milo...went home,opened it n discovered d stuff had milo ontop but beneath wz garri...i wz lyk wtf...datz crazy....n d ish wz perfectly sealed...i duff my hat 4 my ibo dudes...God go mak una bigger...but u cnt deny d fact dat dey r 1 of d most hardwrkin folks in 9ja...u'v got 2 respect their hustle...if nt 4 aba boiz, our girls 4 no dey wear dress,dey cary louis 'vitton',chanel bags....shout out 2 dem o...nl girls dey patronise dem pas...i knw dat 4 a fact
you're very correct but we were seriously warned by our camp commandant (an ibo man) to check whatever we wanted to buy very well before paying in Abia state during my set. He also said we shouldn't be surprised if we see our fake in the market, it is simply welcome to ibo land. U need to see substandard products everywhere. Common detergent(omo) spoit lots of coppers uniforms and mofty cause. Lol,
Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Erotex(m): 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
IGBO enemies need to visit Aba, Nnewi & Onisha.
Ghana are begging Innoson to xterblish his car manufacturing company in their country, meanwhile we here hating those God bless with technology.

Dont be suprise if IGBOs produce airplane!!

Is a Blessings #DontEnvy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
manny4life:

PAINING?
I CAN NEVER BE JEALOUS OF BAD/EVIL DEED WHICH IGBO INVOLVES THEMSELVES WITH ..

YORUBA TRIBE PROTECTS THEIR DIGNITY UNLIKE IGBO....

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by tomakint: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
I think those blaming them are still living in the 'Spirit of the Past', if I can recall very well, one of the best tailor made suits you can ever get in Africa is made in Aba, Abia State, one of the best set of furniture you can lay your hands on can be sourced in Enugu, Enugu State.....abeg go sleep yeye people who know know anything about my Odogwu friends...Igbo kwenu you na too much jooooorr grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Blamed For Substandard Goods In Nigeria: Why by Littlehooper: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
manny4life:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey / PHOTOS: Folorunsho Alakija Covers July Edition Of Today's Woman Magazine / I Want To Open A Vegetable Oil Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.