Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? (7385 Views)

5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) / Meet Four Black Ladys Refused Entry To London Club Cus They’re Too Dark / Ladies Am I The Only Obsessed With Dark Skinned Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by moneyhungry(m): 10:46am On Nov 19, 2013
your father! dat picture wey full internet.
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2013
Whether black oooo whether white oooo whether pink oooooo guy wey go love a girl go love am,because each guy has his own taste
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2013
u MUST be an Urhobo girl

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
ITbomb:
Sadly , this is true. Be a little more light skinned but not white or so bright
see yeye talk. Sandiejay abeg no mind dis comment o. Don't even try to change ur skin colour whether slightly or not. Black is good.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by Seezzy(m): 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
No
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
booqee: see yeye talk. Sandiejay abeg no mind dis comment o. Don't even try to change ur skin colour whether slightly or not. Black is good.

Don't mind the person!very stupid comment! I should get lighter a bit? To let people like u get attracted to me!!!!!!!!!!! Smh!
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by ITbomb(m): 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
booqee: see yeye talk. Sandiejay abeg no mind dis comment o. Don't even try to change ur skin colour whether slightly or not. Black is good.
and the person who is saying no mind him is so light skin
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by IAMBREEZY: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL is all i can say.
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
ITbomb:
and the person who is saying no mind him is so light skin
says who?? Jeez u don't know me.
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by kingteeee: 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Look at u... Are u not beautiful enough, are guys not wooing u? So what d hell u're talking about on ur friends talk, so u are to george it urself.
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
If you are the girl on the photo, you should stop worrying and stressing yourself.
You are gorgeous!

If your character is as nice as your face, you will have no problem attracting men AT ALL.

Stop following any "ideal", and be greatful for what mother nature has given you 'cause it's a lot!!!!!
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by jefflittlecent(m): 10:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
Am not suppose to coment on dis but u need dis, my sisters are like kiwi polish, yet no man will c dem n not turn n even my girlfrnd is darker dan my sisters yet i love her. Just be who u are.
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by darkskink: 10:39am On Jul 02, 2014
First of all, this is a picture of famous Senegalese model Veronique Boubane. But that is not the issue. The issue is Black people and shadism - making another black person feel less than their worth because you have a problem with the colour of their skin. It usually happens to dark skinned people, but light-skinned people can also be affected. If someone has a problem with you being dark or light, the problem is with THEM not you. I think black people truly underestimate the effect enslavement and colonialism (European and Arab) has had on our entire psyche. The average black person does not think with his or her own mind. For a very long time Africans have been told how to speak, who to pray to and how to govern themselves. Thus everything a black person does needed to be validated by European/Arab standards, including our own beauty; what we see when we look in the mirror at ourselves.
50 years ago, I might have empathized with people with shade issues, but in 2014 I think it's beyond pathetic. What gives you the right to even comment on another person's shade? Did you create them? The idea that dark-skinned women are less attractive was a classic misconception by the colonizers to dis-unify African families while he claims the black woman as his own. Even despite the untold legacies of discrimination, dark skinned women STILL represent themselves at the highest level of European fashion, which goes to show that the ignorant mindset remains primarily within the black community, because other people really couldn't care less about shade, they generally view us all the same. The stench of colonialism is chokingly strong amongst Africans and I can only pray that the next generations can see pass this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by ted1741: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
You are a very pretty girl and don't let nobody bring you down.
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by ted1741: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
You are very pretty girl, I love dark skined girls. Am in Canada but will like us to hookup if possible
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by ted1741: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
You are very pretty my dear, let noone tell you otherwise. Send me mail lets talk, am in Canada and will like to meet you when I visit.
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by japhmanuel: 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
She resemble diz american actress Gabrielle Union
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by lilpervert(m): 9:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
If that's her on the pic then what is she saying, one of my girlfriends was as black as my phone, at least she even has small brown peeping through the black.
My own is, either black as coal or white as snow, personality beats appearance
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by Chilug(m): 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Black is beautiful
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by coolzeal(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
I've dated a girl way darker than you before Besides, you're beautiful and your smile is killing. Anyway, this is Africa and I'm not sure if we have the dark and light skin beefing on a large scale. Just stop buying the European and media standard of beauty and you will be fine.
Re: Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? by ted1741: 8:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
U a very beautiful my dear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Don't If I Should Ask Her Out Or Not / Before You Send That PM... / Girl Gets Caught Cheating When Clever BF Spots Unusual Object In Her Sexts (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.