Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) (157863 Views)

Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
mufutau55:
Oga Skimaski, can you please recommend a good Split-AC installer? Thanks.

Hajji M.

Contact U.C on Tel: 08098210033

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by mufutau55(m): 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
skimanski:

Contact U.C on Tel: 08098210033

Thanks Boss. God bless.

Hajji M.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
UPDATES

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 10:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
ELECTRICAL WORKS ONGOING

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
blink182:
Dude you are too druggz, you have taken a building and made it a contemporary sculptural piece. Outstanding signature, soon they will start copying you.
The dude is good... he could make you want to build a house if you were initially refusing....to.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by babaeko1: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2015
skimanski:

@babaeko1, First thing First, the Number of boards for the foundation is 5. which makes it a 1.5m High Foundation. Plus the German floor is 1.6m. Now, before we ever commenced Filling on this soil, we did a soil test which indicated that the soil property contained less than 0.3m high clay soil on the top layer, and sharp sand beneath. which means the bad soil is very minimal and not signification to affecting our foundation. but we had to fill up due to the fact that it was water logged on top of our soil, thus enabling us to work. Now, our total high of filling used was just 0.9m to 1m high. which means even if the building had to magically dig through the filling, we still have about 0.3m to 0.4m above the ground. but the building can't dig through because we had specifically chosen the sand to be white beach sand to be filled to the level of the water. Now note something about the beach filling sand that makes it different from the red filling, is that because of its more stone sandy and less dusty components, it settles into water in less than 48hrs, the loosed part you saw in pics are the extra filling that are above water level. underneath those loosed once are very strong and well compacted white sand.

Furthermore, if you notice the foot of our foundation was wider than the remaining part, this is to further reduce the settling levels. as a result, we have made a foundation hight of 1.6m height to fit into a 1.2m floor requirement (giving us an extra 0.4m), and has put it onto a floor sand filled with sharp sand on water and wider foot foundation. All this factors individually is ok for our building, talk less of having them all together.

Feel free to further more questions
Arch. Jude Odemwingie

Thanks for answering the first part of my question, do you have any answers for the second part of my question as per engineer and who independently checks the integrity of the building ?

Thanks.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 4:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
babaeko1:

Thanks for answering the first part of my question, do you have any answers for the second part of my question as per engineer and who independently checks the integrity of the building ?

Thanks.

Dezyns and Structure is a team of building personel. From architects to structural engineers, and quantity surveyors, electrical and mechanical engineers. Professional craft men, tilers, masons, plumbers, carpenter, any aspect of a house, our team is complete. So we have our structural engineers available all the time if you need.

More over, yours truly, "SKIMANSKI" is a graduate of Architecture and building technology. Hence the reason why I am bold enough to attempt various kind of designs. The best is yet to come anyway.

Even as we build we endeavour to consult the attendance of Lagos state building team to test the integrity of building as you can see on pics.

Also in pics you can see the foundation base of our building is still very visible and hasn't settled a bit from its maiden point despite having built our house to the point we wish to build to. So oga, when you need, professionalism, in building which includes creativity and efficiency, kindly contact Dezyns and Structures Ltd.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
MORE ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL WORKS ON GOING

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 11:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
CURRENT UPDATE

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 08, 2015
Hi,

Im about to acquire a half plot of land that is waterlogged. I intend to build a duplex similar to this. 4bedroom dublex. Could you send me some price estimate of the raft foundation cost. I stay abroad and i will be paying for the land this weekend. It would be nice if you provide an estimate and if its okay by me. I can contract you for this project. Send me an email at freebyclick(at)yahoo.com or reply here.

The land is located in igbojia ibeju lekki.

2 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 08, 2015
mrnestyy1985:
Hi,

Im about to acquire a half plot of land that is waterlogged. I intend to build a duplex similar to this. 4bedroom dublex. Could you send me some price estimate of the raft foundation cost. I stay abroad and i will be paying for the land this weekend. It would be nice if you provide an estimate and if its okay by me. I can contract you for this project. Send me an email at freebyclick(at)yahoo.com or reply here.

bro, where have you been. I emailed you and got no reply. what happened? Glad to see you around and congrats on your house project in advance.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 08, 2015
Oga skimaski, look at this smiley I love that light there. I felt I could share cos I know you love anything that is very much creative and I pretty sure you will even add yours to it.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2015
another

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by mufutau55(m): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
2sExy1:
Oga skimaski, look at this smiley I love that light there. I felt I could share cos I know you love anything that is very much creative and I pretty sure you will even add yours to it.

Very nice... but don't be stingy on the size of the photos. Thanks.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 12:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
mrnestyy1985:
Hi,

Email sent
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
2sExy1:

@2sExy1 Lovely and Creative. Would like to know what the deal is with the Shower. And do you have more design ideas. I think they'll be very useful to me

2 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
skimanski:

@2sExy1 Lovely and Creative. Would like to know what the deal is with the Shower. And do you have more design ideas. I think they'll be very useful to me
I found it on this site,it's uk based though

http://www.renaissancebathroomshowrooms.co.uk/Showers-Renaissance-Bathrooms/
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2015
# OSAPA TOWN TWIN DUPLEX

On going Internal Wall Rendering/Plastering

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2015
UPDATES

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 11:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
MORE INTERNAL RENDERING

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by EndiaSami: 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
we at sweethome bathrooms we have different unique and luxury shower sets. please do contact 07036341294 or 09092126516. we also deal on luxury and executive water closets, jaccuzzi, conceal w/c, faucets . thanks
skimanski:

2 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by EndiaSami: 11:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
we at sweethome bathrooms, we have different unique and luxury shower sets. please do contact 07036341294 or 09092126516. we also deal on luxury and executive water closets, jaccuzzi, conceal w/c, faucets . thanks
skimanski:

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by EndiaSami: 11:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
boss skimanski, please your direct email contact is needed. thanks
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by mufutau55(m): 3:44am On Feb 16, 2015
EndiaSami:
we at sweethome bathrooms, we have different unique and luxury shower sets. please do contact 07036341294 or 09092126516. we also deal on luxury and executive water closets, jaccuzzi, conceal w/c, faucets . thanks

The people in Properties Forum are always in need of this type of sophiscated building materials, so please it will be nice if you can open a thread and start posting all those materials that you have and you will be surprised.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by kopell: 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
mufutau55:

The people in Properties Forum are always in need of this type of sophiscated building materials, so please it will be nice if you can open a thread and start posting all those materials that you have and you will be surprised.
Hajji M.

Pls don't forget to include your average cost of samples when posting

2 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
UPDATES

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2015
Update

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
On Going

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 7:45am On Feb 22, 2015
Resumption of POP Works

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 7:47am On Feb 25, 2015
uPDATES

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 7:48am On Feb 25, 2015
POP AND ALUMINUM WORKS

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
View From Aside

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (36) (Reply)

Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.