Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,113 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Fighting Back! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78862 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2013

He undo his cufflinks and rolled up his sleeves. He rolled the tyre to the other side of the car.

He got the tools he needed from his car.

Eventually, they were through.

They washed their hands under a nearby tap. Hester brought out bottled water from her car and gave him one.

'What happens to the last tyre? '

'My uncle is coming for me.' She met his gaze with a smile. 'I was wondering if my cute helper has a name .'

'Alexander. '

'Mine is Hester.' She extend her hand. 'A pleasure meeting you.'

'I feel special meeting you . ' Alex winked and she chuckled.

'I appreciate your help. God reward you.'

'Welcome. ' He look at her thoughtfully. 'I am here to get a few things if by the time am back and you're still here, I'll order for a tyre. '

'I agree, provided you don't walk in and walk out.'

He laughed and pecked her. 'I love your style. ' He walk away,gave her final glance and continue his strides.

She watch him Leave. It wasn't going to be all cloudy after all. She beam.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
Queen xstar: Hey Sweet, guess what I did today, I spent time reading your book till I got to Where you stopped. It was lovely! Thanks.
Thanks for the compliment
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
Queen xstar: Do you have a gf?
What is dat supposed 2 mean?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
D9ty7:
What is dat supposed 2 mean?
Wanted to apply. I am only joking please.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
Please criticise this work.
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Queen xstar: Wanted to apply. I am only joking please.
I undastand u perfectly.
4 application.
Bring ur C.V with your results attached to it. You must have at least 5credits including home management and food science and two months experience. And you come for interview tomorrow. Lol...
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
D9ty7:
I undastand u perfectly.
4 application.
Bring ur C.V with your results attached to it. You must have at least 5credits including home management and food science and two months experience. And you come for interview tomorrow. Lol...
Laugh hard and long. Eventually falls to the ground still laughing …she clutch her tummy . Oh my …hahahaha …
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:57am On Nov 24, 2013
Happy Sunday. I Pray every day of this week is a blessing to you!
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2013
Queen xstar: Happy Sunday. I Pray every day of this week is a blessing to you!
Amen. But wait o am i d only follower of this wonderful story?
Don't just read but read and comment.
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2013
Let me help u advertise ur story on threads whr av got brothers and sisters. Be rest assured that u'll get comment b4 2day runs out.
Re: Fighting Back! by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2013
D9ty7: Let me help u advertise ur story on threads whr av got brothers and sisters. Be rest assured that u'll get comment b4 2day runs out.
Nkpume Iko is here now.
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 9:37am On Nov 24, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Nkpume Iko is here now.
Welcome boss. Thanks for honouring my invitation.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2013
THREE

Good evening everybody. ' Hester greeted and continue in her purposeful strides .

The three of them who were seated in the sitting room anticipating her return, stood as she came in.

'Honey how was the date? ' Douglas asked.

'Did you have fun? ' Empress inquired.

'Is he very romantic? ' Agatha asked with glittering eyes.

She was just going to ignore them, she owed nobody any explanation. She continued her strides but at an after thought, she decided not to ignore them.

They watched her with each step she took making their expectations slip.

'Oladimeji Adeniyi.' She tried not to spiteful and turn around slowly knowing the kind of expression she was going to see on each of their faces. 'That is now a household anthem I hear in the morning, noon and night. ' Her voice was calm as her gaze swept their faces. The faces she had known and loved all her life, her gaze lingered on her father. 'That has to Stop... I can't take it anymore. Unfortunately ,' Her smile was bitter. 'I have to realise it just can't happen and in line with, Hester got to do what she has to do. I did not spent all those years abroad to come home to play around with the big names in Nigeria. Dad, Mum, I'm moving out. I will stay in a guest house until I get an apartment. When I get one, I will communicate the address to you.

'You can't do that! '

'Why not? Independence breeds destruction. ' She met her mother's gaze. 'Is that your fear Mum ? '

Empress looked away.

'That independence didn't destroy me and be rest assured this won't. '

Empress couldn't stand her daughter.

'What is your problem Hester? When are you going to learn to enjoy yourself?' Her elder sister demanded.

'Probably you can start teaching by defining enjoyment .'

'Spare me that crap.' She waved her off with palm having fixed fingernails of different colours. 'Bury kiddies stuff and grow into your privileges. '

'Hmmmmm …' She resolved not wanting to say in spite of multitude of things to say . 'I. am moving out. ' Hester began leaving.

Empress and Agatha look at Douglas for help.

'You are going no where Hester! From today henceforth till I say otherwise, I forbid you to leave your room! ' He voice was stern and portrayed no iota of doubt.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2013
D9ty7: Let me help u advertise ur story on threads whr av got brothers and sisters. Be rest assured that u'll get comment b4 2day runs out.
Such a kindness! Thank you so much.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Nkpume Iko is here now.
Welcome, please seat at the front row, it is just Winnie, Jiteshell and D9ty7 .
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2013

Hester couldn't believe her ears, she turned around like she. was in a trance. As an inbuilt rule, she allowed herself to absorb any shock before expressing herself. She glared at him.

'Kasali! Kabiru! ' Douglas wasn't done yet.

Two heavily built guys in grey suit came into the sitting room.

'She doesn't leave her room from today henceforth. It is an order, I hope you understand. ' He looked from one to other.

'Yes Sir! ' They chorused.

'Why? '.Her palms were opened before her.

'You are my daughter, I am your father. I have a right to make decision on your behalf.

Hester was stunned yet pained. 'No …no, this is ridiculous Dad and you know it! Is this influenced? ' Her eyes didn't leave his face as she searched his expression.

'I don't want to hear anything from you.' Douglas told her huskily.

Her mind went blank.

Douglas was about to sit when he change his mind. 'Give me your phone. '

'I beg your pardon!' She was shakened but her voice had much vibe to pursue its course.
'Didn't you hear me? I said -Let me have your phone!'

She made no effort like she heard him.

'Are you deaf? ' He approached her visibly angered. 'Let me have your phone now!'

Agatha didn't blink surprise his father could raise his voice at his Princess and not wanting to miss any of it.

Empress panicked, she had never seen her husband like that.

Hester removed her phone from her bag, switched it off and dropped it on the nearest sofa and without another word, head for the stairs.

The bodyguards followed suit.

'Dearest I was surprised by that show of yours,' Empress sat and crossed her legs. 'I never saw that coming. ' She said partly because of the tense atmosphere.

'Keep quiet! Just shut up! ' He exploded and left for his bedroom with her phone.

Empress was visibly shakened.

'Nawa for this kind of girl. ' Agatha scrutinized her nails and then hissed irritated.

++++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:49am On Nov 24, 2013
Please don't just read and go. Do encourage me or better still criticise the work. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 11:52am On Nov 24, 2013
Na wa for this Mr Douglas sef. And as for hester, she should have at least told her parents what happened between her and dimeji.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:55am On Nov 24, 2013
Winnie1950: Na wa for this Mr Douglas sef. And as for hester, she should have at least told her parents what happened between her and dimeji.
What do you think would have happened if she told them?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
Do you think the best thing Hester should have done was to tell her family what transpired between Dimeji and herself? I need to hear your opinions …
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
Queen xstar: Please don't just read and go. Do encourage me or better still criticise the work. Thank you.
Be consistent with ur updates.
Re: Fighting Back! by J0nyb0y(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
Havnt read your story yet tho.. But am sure its gona b a nice one since D9ty7 and Mr Iko are here...
btw please make it suspense and thrilling... Great job
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
D9ty7:
Be consistent with ur updates.
Yes daddy.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
J0nyb0y: Havnt read your story yet tho.. But am sure its gona b a nice one since D9ty7 and Mr Iko are here...
btw please make it suspense and thrilling... Great job
Thanks
Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
Queen xstar: What do you think would have happened if she told them?
if she had told them about it, they would have supported her decision and probably make sure she never sees him again since they won't be able to do any other thing due to dimeji's position of power.
Re: Fighting Back! by adegwurulez(m): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
following...
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
Winnie1950: if she had told them about it, they would have supported her decision and probably make sure she never sees him again since they won't be able to do any other thing due to dimeji's position of power.
Nice opinion.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
adegwurulez: following...
Welcome. ain't you contributing?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hester left the open on purpose and took several steps into the room.

Their eyes took in the room in admiration.

'Kabiru and Kasali, you're intruding on my privacy. ' It was cold and calm.

'Your father asked us to ensure you didn't leave the room.'Kabiru replied, he was of more authority.

'Get out of my room now.' Her voice remained but her eyes dared them.

He thought of her,she had treated her better than a mere guard, she never snob him like her sister. He had given him few health tips the day she caught him smoking. When he had her father's pronoucement, she knew she didn't deserve that unless her life was in danger. He respected her. He nudged his partner. 'Let's go.'

They left the room and close the door behind them.

She dropped her bag on the bed and kick her shoes. She stood at the middle of the room akimbo. She heaved but that didn't how troubled she felt. There was only one way to calm herself.

Hester got down on her knees and bury her face in her palms. 'Dear Jesus,I don't understand all this, but please let peace be still in this situation. Give me calmness of spirit …' Her voice trailed as it became shaky.

++++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Clemzy16(m): 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
You're really trying. When i have the time i'll start reading from the beginning. Nice one
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
Having had a cold shower, she was simply dressed in a blue Caribbean and a white top pampered with different colours of balloons, her long hair fell across her shoulders. Hester stood at the balcony adjoining her room deciding to view her environment.

The brass knocker sounded for the third time. The door opened and Empress came into the room and was surprised to meet the room empty.

'Hester? ' She called expectantly, 'Hester? ' She repeated and check her library, toilet and bathroom. 'Hester? Hester? ' She was to leave panickingly When she sighted her through the slided door.

'Oh darling! ' Empress was relieved as she head for the balcony.

It evening and view the sky and loved the breeze that carressed her face.

'Darling I was looking for you.' She entered the balcony.

'I couldn't possibly have escaped with the two able bodied men outside. ' Her look was still at the sky.

'We care about you Esther, I care about you.Darling are you listening to me.'

'Why? I know how much not with the discovery channel lurking every corner of the Douglas' mansion.'

'You sound upset, you know that you caused …'

'Let me tell you how upset I am,' She interrupted calmly, 'if I don't get my phone in a couple of hours, there are no limitations to what I will do even if this room is filled with guards. '

'Are you threatening your father? '

'Call it threat Mum, I careless, he is violating my fundamental human right as an adult. I need my phone …' She paused momentarily, ' in the next couple of hours.'

Empress couldn't even read her facial expression, she had backed her throughout the conversation. She turned to leave.

Hester turned that moment, she sensed another had entered the room.

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
Clemzy16: You're really trying. When i have the time i'll start reading from the beginning. Nice one
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.