Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Fighting Back! - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78857 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Eblee: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2013
Wonderful Update...but y nt tell us abt Hester family after she run on her wedding day... Still Following..More grace to ur elbows Aunty Queen..
Re: Fighting Back! by Eneze1(f): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2013
Hi Queen, nice story line you got here, a lot of things are missing from the story, like how she planned her escape, the situation of the family afterwards, the president son and a lot more, so also try and inject some suspense into it which will make we your readers to yearn for more but all the same keep up the good work
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2013

'At least I have learnt two.' Hester began putting away the plastic can for ingredients.

'Two.' Mwihaki, the housekeeper said and laughed. 'Like the movie people say, "this is just the beginning! " She placed the pot on the gas cooker and turned it on.

'Are you saying it is just the beginning for me? She glanced at her with a smile. She was twice her age.

'Yes.'

'Ha! That straight. ' Hester gave her a daring look. 'Are you trying to tell me your country has more dishes than mine? '

'Load of them. 'Mwihaki sat on a stool.

Hester closed the cabinet . 'Uh-hmmm.'

'Do you want to know more? '

'I will love to, so we can compare and contrast at length. ' she closed the lid of the jug and transferred the freshly squashed pineapple juice to the fridge.

Mwihaki waited for her to pull a stool close before proceeding. 'Dishes are peculiar to countries. In Kenya, we have varieties, we have those peculiar to urban centres, the rural areas and Kenya as a whole.' She paused momentarily. 'Ugani, corn meal porridge is Kenya's national dish.'

'Really? ' Hester encouraged wondering which could be Nigeria national dish.

'We have staple food, Ugani, rice, bread, chedadi -fried paste of wheat powder. We have steak and irio, kukunazi -chicken with coconut milk, maharagwe -fried spice red beans with coconut milk.' She continued emphatically.

'Hmmmm …' Hester resolved imaginatively.

'There is fukumawiki- Collard grains.'

'Fukumawiki …Mwihaki …that sounds like an extract of your name. Is it that you discovered the recipes and gave the result a name. ' Hester analysed jokingly.

'Oh my dear girl, you're fun to be with.' She laughed.

Hester stood to take a peep at the content of the pot before sitting once more.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:09am On Dec 02, 2013
Eneze1: Hi Queen, nice story line you got here, a lot of things are missing from the story, like how she planned her escape, the situation of the family afterwards, the president son and a lot more, so also try and inject some suspense into it which will make we your readers to yearn for more but all the same keep up the good work
My answer is for you to keep reading. You will understand it better by and by.
Re: Fighting Back! by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2013
*still following my Queen*
Re: Fighting Back! by totalhouse(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2013
I have been following and really enjoying the story.except for few typo errors and some little transition problems.outside that, girl you rock.I can't just stop following.I love you and ur story.lol.privilege to sneak the most expensive word from me.ur gift making room for u.don't mind me.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2013
'We also have dishes peculiar to tribes. In maasai, a tribe found in southern Kenya, they rear cattle. So ,they have a meal of a mixture of cow blood and meat. There is also sambury related to maasai, they are semi nomadic pastoral farmers. '

'They rear cows, sheep, camel, goat.'

'Yes dear. ' She smiled. 'They have a dish consisting of the mixture of milk and meat. That's taken on special occasion. They have soups made of vegetables, root and bark. In Kikuyu, another …'

'Good afternoon ladies. ' He was at the door with a wide smile.

'Welcome Sir.' Mwihaki told him.

'How are you Mwihaki ?'

'Splendid Sir.'

'Hi dear, how was your day? ' Hester beamed.

'Excellent and how are you? '

'Great. '

'I see.' He winked.

'Where is your briefcase?' She stood.

'In the car, there is somebody I will like you to meet.'

'Me? ' She went wide eyed.

'Yes your eminence. ' He said soothingly.

'Duh!' Her expression became blank. 'That's old fashioned, try something new school. '

Mwihaki started laughing.

'She is the person you wanted to meet at the site.' He managed between bouts of laughter.

'Ha.' Hester walked over to Osagie side. 'I'll be right back.' She looked back at the housekeeper as Osaz led her away by the hand.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by totalhouse(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2013
bring them on queen.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2013
Temitope Daniel: *still following my Queen*
Okay Love.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2013
We now know Where Hester is. Which of the meals will you like to give a try ? Oya gist me o.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2013
afangide: Been following silently, had a question buh u've answered it already while responding to a comment. Keep doing what ur good @
Okay.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2013
I read and appreciate all comments, if I didn't respond to Yours, I had probably answered Yours in the course of responding to another comment. They are all noted.

Keep following the story and you will understand it better by and by. Thanks.
Re: Fighting Back! by Sike(m): 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
WoW! What an Interesting story. Awesome. Keep it up dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sike: WoW! What an Interesting story. Awesome. Keep it up dear.
I will
Re: Fighting Back! by Aghagba(f): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hmm,wondaful
Re: Fighting Back! by Bulalautali(m): 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
Queen xstar: Hey Sweet, guess what I did today, I spent time reading your book till I got to Where you stopped. It was lovely! Thanks. You doing me me a favor yet so polite. Do you have a gf?
dats a good one another Chimamanda adichie is born
Re: Fighting Back! by phyla(m): 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oh mine,am so blessed to find this piece and trust me xtar U r very alrite
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
hi my queen congrats on the fp btw i can see the story is going on very well wishing u da very best
Re: Fighting Back! by bquin2all(f): 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Stumbled upon dis story on FP.
Nice story yhu gat coming.
More MB to U̶̲̥̅̊Я phone (abi SIM card)
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
bquin2all: Stumbled upon dis story on FP.
Nice story yhu gat coming.
More MB to U̶̲̥̅̊Я phone (abi SIM card)
Hahahaha...
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
kingphilip: hi my queen congrats on the fp btw i can see the story is going on very well wishing u da very best
We did it dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Psalmsonny3(m): 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
wow this is great, I have to wait till I read the last page to comment. Arrange my sit am following...................
Re: Fighting Back! by Flakkydagirl: 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hmmm,nice story line u've got here,buttttt,its just that u're not killing it very well.....
And for some typos,tenses and grammer that could be overlooked....
All in all,u're doing a good job.

Welldone.......
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2013

'God.' Hannah exhaled. 'He loved me very much and I …love him dearly. His death was a bombshell, it was …Oh this life has deprived me.' She muttered. 'I can never find the right words, the right adjectives to qualify that moment of my life, I … I lost me. Divine Favor was only a baby, he was 5 months old. I was devastated. I didn't know how to go about moving on. He had a career that could support us, he never approved me working. '

Hester watched and listened intently, though there were no tears, little shakiness in the voice, based on her experience, she saw the long time wound, she saw the scar.

He ensured when he was alive that he made provision for insurance, life assurance, investment …' Hannah nodded slowly. 'It was okay, it was fine until the crisis, the opposition, the bomb, the fire, it ended it all in a swift.

Hester looked up at the largest portrait in the room, it was taken on their wedding day. The background, their appearances, their smile gave her much information of their happiness. It flashed back her memories which she shut out.

Osaz closed his eyes briefly.

'Every heart has a memory of that event. Ours is kind of better. I have seen a lot and that is my assurance. '

'You are strong woman, for you to go through all those and still have faith. ' Osagie commented.

'I admire you a lot, your resolution in spite all. You ensured your son have the best. His manners can't be pass up, he is intelligent and brilliant. ' Hester added.

'Hannah beamed. 'I will do anything for him, thank you very much.'

Hester nudged Favor close. 'After his exceptional qualities, the second thing that attracted me to him was his braces.'

'Yes.' She became sad. 'I am working myself to my bones to save for that. Things are pretty difficult, after meeting our basic needs, there are hardly anything left to save. I am very worried …' She exhaled. ' Before Favor used to tell me of how the kids in school make jest and insult him based on that, it breaks my heart everytime. Knowing the extent of our helplessness, he now keep those to himself and bares responsibility.

Osaz smiled remembering Favor 's responsibility statement.

Favor looked like his mother taken aback by her statement of truth.

'I am here to help. After everything we have shared, I am more willing to help Favor and relief you of your worries. ' Hester opened her her hand bag and fetched a cheque.

Osaz looked at her with little of expectation mixed with bewilderment. She had in no way made her intentions known to him.

'No way, I won't accept it, no way.' Hannah shook her head, giving them no iota of unbelief.

Hester shifted to the edge of the sofa.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Flakkydagirl( f ): Quote Post
Hmmm,nice story line u've got
here,buttttt,its just that u're not killing
it very well.....
And for some typos,tenses and grammer
that could be overlooked....
All in all,u're doing a good job.

Noted. Thanks.

Psalmsonny3 ( m): Quote Post
wow this is great, I have to wait till I
read the last page to comment. Arrange
my sit am following...................
Welcome dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Ormorlehwah(f): 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
Interesting
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
My Queen i knw u must be mad at me for not greeting u concerning ur fp sucess. I just subscribed my phone now even tho i saw the story on fp.
But wait o did you say am your publicist? Dats nice to hear.
Congrats dear.
Signed:
d9ty7(Queen's Publicist)
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
D9ty7: My Queen i knw u must be mad at me for not greeting u concerning ur fp sucess. I just subscribed my phone now even tho i saw the story on fp.
But wait o did you say am your publicist? Dats nice to hear.
Congrats dear.
Signed:
d9ty7(Queen's Publicist)
congratulations to us darling .
Re: Fighting Back! by DBen2: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
queen u r good sincerely i wldnt mind paying to read ur story ,is very educating,use of english is superb.the moral value in it is wonderful.money and power is not everything.but come oh! is Miss tobechukwu not working as a doctor has she done her internship
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2013

Hester shifted to the edge of the sofa.

'Don't try to say any convincing words, it won't work. ' Her voice was calm but emphatic. 'I have been praying to God and I believe soon and very soon, things will change for good, isn't it Sweetie? '

'Yes Mummy. '

'I join my faith with Favor 's, can i at least talk based on that? ' Her smile was charming.

Hannah was resolute but she nodded an approval.

'I once read a book that displayed a personal diary, I got a point that says, most times, we do not realise we already have answers to our prayers, we just keep hoping and praying when all we need to do is to claim them. Another says -Most incident that happen to us is for a purpose, they are not mere occurrence. '

Osaz nodded thoughtfully while Favor listened raptly.

'If Favor has just walked past us, we will would have only seen him... ' She glanced at her companion. 'He gave the first compliment, hence we got talking then I noticed his braces. If the answered prayers are not claimed, it would have no recipient, eventually, there is disappointment. We will Never be here if we were not attracted to him. ' Her expression became imploring. 'I am a medical doctor, amidst cases Where I see the need to help, if I have the needed finance I help.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
D_Ben: queen u r good sincerely i wldnt mind paying to read ur story ,is very educating,use of english is superb.the moral value in it is wonderful.money and power is not everything.but come oh! is Miss tobechukwu not working as a doctor has she done her internship
She schooled abroad and was actually working there before she came back.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sorry about the quality of my update today, I don't feel too well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.