Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Fighting Back! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78910 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Jumizie13(f): 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
I don port o
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
Paid a visit here but mind u i'm allergic to waiting....
Nice piece u've got here backing u all the way with the exception of scanty updates

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
*following* 9c 1 ere!
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
Jumizie13: I don port o
Welcome dearie
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
Temitope Daniel: *following* 9c 1 ere!
Welcome. Thanks
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
kingphilip: Paid a visit here but mind u i'm allergic to waiting....
Nice piece u've got here backing u all the way with the exception of scanty updates
I go try dear. Let the drums roll, a King is here

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Fonydear(f): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
Nice story...following. But you need to proof-read your previous updates and make corrections

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 6:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
Fonydear: Nice story...following. But you need to proof-read your previous updates and make corrections
hw many tyms av i told u not to follow me abt?shey u don allow my queen catch me ba
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
Fonydear: Nice story...following. But you need to proof-read your previous updates and make corrections
Aha …!What have longed for. I'll do just that. Welcome

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
kingphilip:
hw many tyms av i told u not to follow me abt?shey u don allow my queen catch me ba
Hmmm …OK o.
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Queen xstar: Hmmm …OK o.
stop the quote and continue the story my queen
Re: Fighting Back! by sconp: 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ffg
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hester felt the presence of another and entered the room.

'Hester what is your problem? ' Agatha stood with contempt on her face.

'Agatha what are you doing in my room? '

'What is that suppose to mean? '

Hester sidepass her mother. 'I told you not to enter my room without consent.'

'You are very funny girl, I am a free born of this house. ' She swirled like she was on a runway. 'I can enter anywhere I so desire.'

'Oh yeah? ' Hester gave a short laugh. 'I am a slave in this house, at least Daddy made that clear yesterday. This is the only privacy I am entitled to and you …' She raise an index finger.'will respect it. You must knock. '

'So knocking is your problem? '

'Yes it is my problem Agatha! Daddy don't enter without knocking, Mummy actually hit the brass knocker thrice before entering. So who are you not to knock? '

Empress went wide eyed at that piece of information.

'Be careful Hester, mind the way you raise your voice at me. I ain't your mate,respect me.' She pointed her warning finger.'

'Respect is reciprocal. Since I came back, I have not stepped into your room. You complain that am this and that, leave me alone and respect yourself!' She retorted.

Agatha clapped her hands and laughed haughtily. 'Another Mike Tyson in the house. Are you going to beat me if I don't stop? '

'Get out of my room now! '

'What! You are crazy for real.' Agatha glared at her.

'I'm sure your ears don't need to be cleaned with warm water or probably some cosmetics. Get out of my room now! '

'Darling, take it easy.' Empress pat her at the back sensing anger from the sparkle in her eyes.

Hester shook herself free as she advance towards her sister 'Mummy if she don't leave my room this moment, she will be recipient of something she wouldn't be able to explain. '

'Come on Aggie, let's go.' Empress held fuming Agatha firmly and force towards the door.

'Oooho! Mummy leave me alone! Leave me let me teach her a lesson.' Agatha protested.

'Come on Sweetheart, you don't have to get furious, she is your baby sis. She doesn't mean it.' Empress soothed.

'I mean what I said about my phone. ' Hester called after them.

Hester grabbed a remote and pressed a button, one of her favorite song began playing, she increased the volume until there was space for nothing else.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Jumizie13(f): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
Keep it up
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
Typed o but I pressed a wrong button and it all went away. Not up to start all over this night . Need to sleep, had to work today. Goodnight you all. Thanks for your support.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
Jumizie13: Keep it up
Thanks darl!
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 12:36am On Nov 25, 2013
Jst joined d train nw, do u stl av empty sits cos I'm nt dropping till I reach d final station/bus stop. Keep it up, ahswear I dey enjoy dis thing. I hpe I'll meet a gal who is as beautiful, influencial and humble as Hester is described in dis story. Thumbs up ma'am
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:41am On Nov 25, 2013
Welcome dear
Please serve him a plate of African salad and chilled malt.
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 5:10am On Nov 25, 2013
Queen xstar: Hester sidepass ed her mother. 'I told you not to enter my room without consent.'
'Darling, take it easy.' Empress pat ted her at the back sensing anger from the sparkle in her eyes.

Hester shook herself free as she advance d towards her sister 'Mummy if you don't leave my room this moment, she will be recipient of something she wouldn't be able to explain. '

'Come on Aggie, let's go.' Empress held fuming Agatha firmly and force d towards the door.

'Oooho! Mummy leave me alone! Leave her a lesson.
''I mean what I said about my phone. ' She called after them.

Hester grabbed a remote and press ed a button, one of her favorite song began playing, she increase d the volume until there was space for nothing else.

+++++
gr8 piece u av here but noticed some few things sha which is u left out the bolded....
Not an english student tho so i might be wrong too
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 5:16am On Nov 25, 2013
'Mummy if you she don't leave my room this moment, she will be recipient of something she wouldn't be able to explain.
i dont get this....was she refering to her mother or ha sister
''Oooho! Mummy leave me alone! Leave her a lesson.

plz retouch this too i dont seem to get it
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 5:19am On Nov 25, 2013
Queen xstar: Welcome dear
tar he's not used to dat
a pack of popcorn and a pure water is ok for him jare
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:02am On Nov 25, 2013
kingphilip:
tar he's not used to dat
Oh …you sure?
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2013
Queen xstar: Welcome dear
I luv my salad when hot, tell dem 2 microwave it 4me.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2013

'I don't want to see anyone. ' Hester looked up from the novel she was reading.

'Aunty Hester, I am the one.'

'Come in.' She returned and a smile formed across her lips.

The door opened and an elderly woman came in.

'Mama the Ma! ' She hailed excitedly, cast the novel aside and scrambled out of bed. 'I've not seen you since yesterday. She place an arm around her and look at her lovingly. 'How are you? '

'I'm Fine my dear.' Aunty Joy, the supervisor of the cooks beamed.

'Hope the cough has subsided, Hope the medications helped.'

'It worked like magic my child. The chokiness vanished before I realised it .' Aunty Joy snapped her fingers emphatically.

'Good. Don't Stop taking them until you have finished them.'

'You know me now.' She chuckled. 'What will I do without you. Thank you.'

'Thank God. ' Hester grinned

'Your father asked me to give you this.' She handed over the phone.

'Thanks.'

She took Hester free palm in hers. 'I heard what happened from the cleaners. Are you …?'

'Mama the Ma, I'm Fine.' She laughed.

Though Aunty Joy was still worried, she decided not to pressure her. 'It is well. Dinner is set.'

'I am not interested in dinner. '

'Your father sent for you .'

'My answer remains. ' Her countenance did not change.

'When you were much younger and you didn't like what was served for dinner,... '

'I usually looked for you and whisper in your ears- Aunty J, can you please make this for me or that, when others have retired to their closet, I go into the kitchen and take my food in the place I tagged- my favorite spot in the kitchen. ' Her eyes shone. 'I remember like yesterday. '

They laughed.

'I will package your dinner and bring it to your room instead, just in case you need it in the night. ' She touch her face.

'No Ma, I wouldn't. Don't worry about me.'

Starvation wouldn't help matters, it will only affect your health.'

'Food and happiness work side by side.' Hester pat her back.

'See you tomorrow dear.'

Hester pecked her.'Sleep well. Don't forget your medications. '

'No love, I won't. ' She left the room.

Hester dived back to bed.

Aunty J was the oldest and of the employees in the household, she was also one of the longest serving. She had loved Hester interest in cooking, and had thought her everything she needed to know and even how to knit. They had to so close that things we wouldn't even tell her mother, she confided in her. Aunty J also seeked her opinion in other matters especially health wise. Hester while she was away used to send her clothings, medications and other things. Theirs was more like a mother -child relationship.

+++++

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:06am On Nov 25, 2013
jhidey08: I luv my salad when hot, tell dem 2 microwave it 4me.
Africa salad is not eaten hot o!
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 10:53am On Nov 25, 2013
Queen xstar: Africa salad is not eaten hot o!
if u can't warm it 4me den leave it.

U're doin a nyc job
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 10:55am On Nov 25, 2013
kingphilip:
tar he's not used to dat
y u dey vex me na, no let her change her mind o
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:58am On Nov 25, 2013

Empress hit the brass knocker, Douglas knocked on the door.

'Sir, I think she is asleep, she locked her door forty five minutes ago. ' Kabiru told them.

Douglas knocked once more. 'Hester, I want to talk to you! '

'Probably she is asleep dearest. This is about her sleep time.' Empress said agreeing with the guard.

'No lunch, no dinner, no …no … she needs to eat.' He was exasperated. He hit the brass knocker.

Empress glance at her wrist watch. When is past eight, she hardly take anything except water.'

He gave her stern look. 'You seem to be remembering the right things at the wrong time.'

She took his arm and smiled. 'Baby, let's go to bed. Kabiru, Kasali, don't forget your duty.'

'Yes Ma.' They chorused.

She led her husband away.

+++++

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:05am On Nov 25, 2013
jhidey08: if u can't warm it 4me den leave it.
U're doin a nyc job
Sweetie ,Africa salad is not the normal carrot and cabbage type of salad o. it contains oil bean, palm oil,fresh pepper etc, (microwaves it and present it to him wit the Cold amstel malt beside ). Here we go dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by goldwaters(f): 11:35am On Nov 25, 2013
Nyc story line. I noticed a lot of typos and incomplete sentences. Could be from trying to type too fast, pls read through and correct them b4 posting.
Following!
Re: Fighting Back! by Fonydear(f): 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingphilip:
Ehn, don't worry I get special monitor for you. You ain't seen nothing yet

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Fonydear(f): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
Queen xstar: Aha …!What have longed for. I'll do just that. Welcome
I must really commend you because you've improved remarkably in your recent updates. Kudos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.