Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Fighting Back! - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78854 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by DEllaluv(f): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Indian love dey na,9ja luv dey kwa,d tn is, ppl dnt rili knw wt luv is dese days,its nw all abt beauty,s*x,bdy typ or wateva,even money,dts d reason many ppl get hrtbroken

I knw true love do exist,bt vry vry few,its because of d mentality dt ppl hv abt love dat dey tend to compel ppl to love,,,,,abt love at 1st sight,dts actually infatuation(my own opinion)bt wen its nutured well it bcoms love......dis is nt abt fantasy cos some guys are gud at sayn grls lyk dwelling in fantasy
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Indian love dey na,9ja luv dey kwa,d tn is, ppl dnt rili knw wt luv is dese days,its nw all abt beauty,s*x,bdy typ or wateva,even money,dts d reason many ppl get hrtbroken

I knw true love do exist,bt vry vry few,its because of d mentality dt ppl hv abt love dat dey tend to compel ppl to love,,,,,abt love at 1st sight,dts actually infatuation(my own opinion)bt wen its nutured well it bcoms love......dis is nt abt fantasy cos some guys are gud at sayn grls lyk dwelling in fantasy
You rock girlfriend!
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
jhidey08: over-likeness (if dere is anything lyk dat).
mmmmh... (thoughtful )
Re: Fighting Back! by DEllaluv(f): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
Queen xstar: You rock girlfriend!

wink waitn 4 d nxt update o,I've bn hangn arnd,wish u cn kip updatin

ndi Igbo dey tlk say 'onye kwuo ife na-aya ya,a mara ebe e si agwo ya.......my own be say my mb don finish my airtym dey run,d tn go soon finish too and MTN is a no no(a bg disappointmnt)
all am sayn is pls cn u drop d nxt update pls
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
Its been long since i was here. I was kinda scared during the update that included the wedding but thank God Hester pulled it thru.
But wait o, i have a feeling that Osaz is the right man for Hester even tho the Douglas family will pose a threat.
Queen i love you......#winks#...... Sorry i mean i love your story.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2013

She stared into space.

'Hello …' He waved a palm in front of her face. 'Do I start a stop watch? '

She.blinked severally, sighed and her fingers rested briefly on her forehead.

'Oh dear.' He said having watched her every movement. 'I'm sorry am sort of pressurizing you, it's just that …'

'I cannot believe this Osagie. ' Hester interrupted him calmly and glared at him. 'Don't tell me you've not run of words to convince me with. '

'I am a stand up guy.' Osagie Osahon could have smiled at his self compliment except that he knew his companion was bothered.

'I am actually convinced against my wish and will.' She told him calmly.

'I understand Hess but it's logical and based on the points you have brought forward, you could have stayed unconvinced. Right in there, your wish and will knows that area is not a security guaranteed one.'

Hester nodded slowly.

'The major problem is with me right? ' He watched her keenly.

She met his gaze. 'Are you going to misbehave? Are you going to ruin the mind set I have of you?'

'I cross my heart and hope to lose it all, if the answer to those questions becomes positive. '

'I'll will personally see to that, I will aim at your mouth, it is a promise. ' She did not bath an eyelid.

'All right. ' He believed her. 'Are you hungry now? '

'I won't eat Osagie, stop worrying about me.' She picked her tumbler of strawberry flavored milk shake and took a sip.

'Since you are footing my bill, if you eat, I can foot yours. ' Osagie hoped she will change her mind.

'Osagie …' Hester took her time. 'You are insulting me indirectly using a smart but expensive manner. '

'How do you mean? ' Did he dare? He admired her calmness and she way she observed the littlest things.

'I will explain if that is what you want.' She looked across him to notice a couple that just entered the restaurant. 'I told you the condition on which we will do lunch today is me footing the bill, since I decided not to eat, you're thinking am considering my pocket. '

'You are actually hitting the hammer on the nail too hard. I want you to eat. This food is delicious. ' He took a scoop into his mouth and munched.

'A good food could also be judged by its presentation. Stop worrying about me. ' She beamed.

'Since you are saying that for the third time today, I will stop. Can I give a toast? '

'Sure, after you, I will like to too.' She raise her tumbler.

He raise his tumbler and then cleared his voice.

It was three weeks after their first lunch. Hester had agreed to go live in his bungalow.

+++++

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
D9ty7: Its been long since i was here. I was kinda scared during the update that included the wedding but thank God Hester pulled it thru.
But wait o, i have a feeling that Osaz is the right man for Hester even tho the Douglas family will pose a threat.
Queen i love you......#winks#...... Sorry i mean i love your story.
I love you too …muuuaaah! Do you know I was about to ask after you? So my joy knew no bound when I got your comment.
About Hester and Osaz, hmmm ….time will tell.
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Queen xstar:
About Hester and Osaz, hmmm ….time will tell.
let the time be fast fowarded. So i dnt drop with suspense.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
I sometimes see those that read and wouldn't even drop the littlest encouragement or comment, it's not good o.(Sniffs and fight back tears)
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 5:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
To all those who have been there for me, I'm talking about you, you, you and you, Oh and you too you darling, even you too na. Soonest I will teach you how to administer injection safely.
Re: Fighting Back! by Ormorlehwah(f): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
Queen xstar: I sometimes see those that read and wouldn't even drop the littlest encouragement or comment, it's not good o.(Sniffs and fight back tears)
Yeepaaaa! U don caugh Us. Abeg no vex. Kudos for the work done.
Try to keep the ball rolling.
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
D.Ella.luv:

I knw true love do exist,bt vry vry few,its because of d mentality dt ppl hv abt love dat dey tend to compel ppl to love,,,,,abt love at 1st sight,dts actually infatuation(my own opinion)bt wen its nutured well it bcoms love
Ella, u av said it all. Thumbs up!
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
do u min she packed in afta jst few weeks?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ormorlehwah: Yeepaaaa! U don caugh Us. Abeg no vex. Kudos for the work done.
Try to keep the ball rolling.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
kingphilip: do u min she packed in afta jst few weeks?
Please read the last update again. Can other readers clearify him?
Re: Fighting Back! by soulminister(m): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
all these yanz about love is really not necessary because different people have their own perspective of love so, please, don't try to convince others that yours is the best.

as for me, my perspective of love is in 1cor 13..
if anything is missing in that list, then it ain't love. it has its own name.

™¶i rest my case ¶™

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
soul minister: all these yanz about love is really not necessary because different people have their own perspective of love so, please, don't try to convince others that yours is the best.

as for me, my perspective of love is in 1cor 13..
if anything is missing in that list, then it ain't love. it has its own name.

™¶i rest my case ¶™
You just expressed yourself so also others that yand about love. Nobody was convincing anybody, we were all expressing ourselves Soul Minister and it was necessary .
Re: Fighting Back! by DEllaluv(f): 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Queen xstar: You just expressed yourself so also others that yand about love. Nobody was convincing anybody, we were all expressing ourselves Soul Minister and it was necessary .

Tnk u Queen
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2013

Osagie sharpened his pencil whistling in tune with the music playing from the sound system.

Hester look at the layout before her, closely studying every part.

He began to put his tools away and he glanced at her.

'Hess, that smile can lighten a dark tunnel. '

Hester beamed, eyes not leaving the layout. She began to trace through with a well manicured finger.

'That, as a matter of fact can lighten Kenya.'

'I don't.want to laugh. ' Hester chuckled.

'Should we bet with your dinner turkey that I can't make you laugh. ' He closed the lid of his instruments set.

'Yeah right! ' Hester muttered. 'I understand you are a stand up comedian. Who am I to dare you. '

'Ehen -hen.' He closed her eyes , while tapping his chest, he swing his head to the rhythm. 'Lalala …hey! '

'When you're through around there, could you please come over. '

'In two minutes darling. ' He stood and tidied his study desk.

15 days had passed and still counting. So far, Osagie had been true to his words.

To her, he had been an answered prayer to her unchecked solitude that sent her thinking and making her feel betrayed.

'This reminds me of so much.' Her gaze swept through the layout. Her eyes glittered.

'Reminds you of milk, cheese and chocolates. ' Osaz joked before he went to seat opposite her. 'What does my layout remind you of? '

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
D.Ella.luv:

Tnk u Queen
Welcome Lovie.
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 1:09am On Dec 01, 2013
Nyt gud every1
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 3:46am On Dec 01, 2013
Queen xstar: Please read the last update again. Can other readers clearify him?
3weeks after their 1st lunch....so wen did dey have their 1st lunch?was it on the 1st meeting after shopping or few weeks after
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2013
kingphilip:
3weeks after their 1st lunch....so wen did dey have their 1st lunch?was it on the 1st meeting after shopping or few weeks after
Their first lunch was on the day they met.

About your earlier question, she packed in but she didn't just pack in. From the update just before your question, you can infer that, they must have talked about her moving prior to then, she had been reluctant, that's why Osaz did more of convincing her and gave some reasons. Also, he had to give a solemn promise.

Do you understand better darling?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2013

It takes me back in time, 'She lifted her head to look at her.'It reminds me of mathematical set, T+square, set square, French curves and the likes. '

'Don't tell me that Hester had something to do with construction once upon a time. 'Osaz smiled.

'I did.' She grinned, 'Back in high school, I was good in technical drawing. '

'Really? '

'Yes, very good.'

'Osagie narrowed his brows thoughtfully. 'Hey Hester, that is not possible! '

'Dummy.' She gave a short laugh because she understood. 'Engineering, medicine and some others in high school are grouped into the umbrella -science. '

'Oh! Oh! ' He said in remembrance. 'I'm sorry, could you check if am having grey head?' He bent his head.

Hester pushed his head to position. 'Lot of them o, little wonder you forgot! '

Osaz chuckled. 'I was also good with technical drawing, in fact, it was my best. I school in South Africa, Pretoria specifically. I was so good that I bested even in an inter school competition and then competed with other students in SA. After which, there was a competition involving major manufacturing countries in Africa. I won,' He wiped an imaginary sweat.'It wasn't easy though and because of that, I took my first trip to Japan for two months all expenses paid trip, alongside training. '

'That is huge! Can you speak Japanese? ' She was inquisitive.

'I can.' He beamed. 'During my stay, I met a Japanese girl and she made me develop interest in the language, she taught me and encouraged me with other learning aides. Hence, the knowledge. '

'Interesting! I can say ten English words in Japanese and I can write four words. That is because one of my professors was a Japanese and I was close to him, so close that I took my only visit to Japan with him to meet his family. '

'Wow! '

'Will you teach me? '

'Get your cheque ready.'

'No problem.' Hester sat back. 'I was second best in my grade, second to a guy, best female. I don't think I can be compared to you.' Hester touched his arm. ' I was generally hope with diagrams especially when it is biology. '

'Oh no.' He groaned knowing he was weak in the subject.

'Biology is my passionate subject. Even if I was rivalled by my best friend, I couldn't be conquered and we were unbeatable. I so represented my school and won so many awards that I popularly became H.B for short and HBD in full, Head of Biology or Head of Biology Don. It was Hester Biology Douglas at first before someone came up with a better meaning for the abbreviation. ' Hester smiled.

Osagie laughed. 'You must be good then. She is Hospitable Beautiful and a Darling. '

Hester blushed outrightly. 'Ah-ha! Here we go again. ' She burst into a hearty laughter.

'She is Hearty Brainy and Daring.' He warmed up. 'She is Hot …'

'Thank you very much. I am also aware you are a stand up guy in creativity. You can stop now, thank you.' Hester said swiftly.

Osagie burst into laughter.

'Can I have the opportunity of seeing this bridge in reality? ' She referred to the layout.

His face light up. 'You want to come to the site? ' He was happy, she was interested in his profession.

'Sure. I will like to know how much more you worth. 'She lifted and hung it on the wall.

'I'll be much obliged, saturday is the day.'

Hester head for the door. 'You wouldn't mind some snacks, would you? '

'Definitely not.' A phone rang in the study and he stood to pick it. 'Osagie Osahon, who am I on to? '

'Aren't you giving me a wrong version of your name? Isn't it Osahon Osagie? '

'Hey! What's up Don?' Osagie burst into laughter at the familiarity.

+++++

Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
Queen xstar: Do you understand better darling?
my queen i got it now tnx for the explaination...lemme read dis recent one
Re: Fighting Back! by portable31(f): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
Subscribing
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
i can see they are getting on well lets see hw its gonna end
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
portable31: Subscribing
Welcome
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
kingphilip:
my queen i got it now tnx for the explaination...lemme read dis recent one
Welcome
Re: Fighting Back! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
Am i suposed 2 read al dat? som1 pls sumarise.
Re: Fighting Back! by Dhortunn(m): 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
Let me read up btw congrats on your fp success tho
Re: Fighting Back! by marymarcel009: 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
Present

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key