Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Fighting Back! - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78845 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Queen xstar: Sweetie ,Africa salad is not the normal carrot and cabbage type of salad o. it contains oil bean, palm oil,fresh pepper etc, (microwaves it and present it to him wit the Cold amstel malt beside ). Here we go dear.
as long as it is named "Salad", I want it wholeheartedly. Thanx so much, I promise I'll reciprocate ur kind gesture. Muah#
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
FOUR

'What is it with you skipping your lunch, dinner and then breakfast. Do you intend to start a marathon fast? '

Satisfied with the style of hair, she gathered it into a fancy hair clip. 'I don't disrespect my elders not even their instructions. '

'I gave the order with your meal time as an exception.' Her father told her with a blank expression.

'I discovered being in could be more fun than being out. I am also making a discovery of what will happen if I don't eat while my right is violated.' She set her combs back in its set.

'Princess, this is much more …'

Gracious Lord in heaven, do I have to go through this...? 'She closed her eyes and waited. 'No …?Okay. ' She open her eyes and stood. 'I'll like to use the ladies. '

'Oh no …' He groaned knowingly

'No? Can't I?' She asked few steps away from the rest room with a broad smile on her face.

'Is that going to take forever because I have an interview in forty five minutes. '

'Yes Dad, it will.' She continued her strides.

Douglas exhaled dismayed, his mission unaccomplished. He shrugged and walked out.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
goldwaters: Nyc story line. I noticed a lot of typos and incomplete sentences. Could be from trying to type too fast, pls read through and correct them b4 posting.
Following!
Aha that what happens when I use my little spare time at work to type.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
scon-p:
Ffg
Welcome
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingphilip:
gr8 piece u av here but noticed some few things sha which is u left out the bolded....
Not an english student tho so i might be wrong too
Sweetie Thanks, will correct that immediately.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
kingphilip:
i dont get this....was she refering to her mother or ha sister

plz retouch this too i dont seem to get it
I have darling.
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 2:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Fonydear:
Ehn, don't worry I get special monitor for you. You ain't seen nothing yet
make i kukuma go ghost mode by dat ur monitor no go de effective again
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Keep d flag flying queen. Bt y r ur updates alwys short na? Try and elongate it dis tym around o. Nice work tho
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
That's right!

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
Feeling drowsy, may not be able to update again today (yawns) . Goodnews, I will be off tomorrow. You guys get ready!!
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
Queen you ar doing sooo great. Oliver twist mode activated.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2013

'Aunty Hester, you can't keep doing this to yourself please. ' Aunty Joy sat on the bed.

Hester sipped from the tumbler of water containing glucose. 'Mama the Ma stop worrying yourself, I will be Fine.' She continued reading her mails.

'I am passed the stage of worrying about you, I am afraid, I really am.' Her forehead creased.

Hester faced her. 'Afraid? for me? She went wide eyed baffled. 'Mama that is uncalled for. I am A okay. ' She beamed in reassurance.

'You are not fine my dear girl.' She held her gaze.' I'm sure about that because the sparkles that once graced your eyes are gone and that is one out of many. You are handling this violently and that is wrong. '

'Violently. ' She said and laughed. 'That is strange, I am not posing around with a gun nor a knife.'

'You are sacrificing your body on the altar of your displeasure. '

Hester exhaled and lowered her gaze. 'You know me so well.' She looked at her once more. 'I am disappointed, so disappointed that I don't know what to think. My family has given a shock, right now I'm still dazed ' Her voice came out almost like a whisper. She shook her head,'Feeding is the last thing on my mind. '

'Oh my dear child, you're hurt.' Aunty Joy took both palms in hers. She was sad. 'I see no reason why you should be confined! 'Her anger was portrayed in her voice. 'There is a better approach. '

'Don't bother Ma,it won't change anything. ' She said flatly.

'How can you say that? ' Aunty Joy stood. 'We will continue later, there somethings your mother want me to attend to at this hour.' She pat her back fondly.

'Okay.' She managed a smile,' Thank you. ' She watched her leave. Hester stood and the portrait of her Dad and her on fifteenth birthday just before she left Nigeria to study medicine and surgery caught her attention. She moved closer unconciously and her eyes got clouded. Her smile, his smile, their happiness but when she raised her hand to touch it, she felt like she was about to touch a furnace, she retracted instantly and head for the balcony upset with herself.

++++++
Re: Fighting Back! by DEllaluv(f): 10:19am On Nov 26, 2013
Luv ur story queen
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 10:22am On Nov 26, 2013
Dis one she's upset wit herself hope a truce will follow almost immediately ba
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Luv ur story queen
Thanks dearie.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2013
kingphilip: Dis one she's upset wit herself hope a truce will follow almost immediately ba
Time will tell.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2013
Dear readers of FIGHTING BACK, you are welcomed to read my maiden work on nairaland, DOTTED LINES … https://www.nairaland.com/1374953/dotted-lines. Thanks
Re: Fighting Back! by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:58am On Nov 26, 2013
This Is Exactly The Problem Of The Rich And People In Higher Positions, They Must Marry Themselves...Looking Forward To The End Of The Story>>Welldone, Queen Esther!
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2013

'Talking to people without communication flow wearies me, Mum let me be.' Hester blinked severally, she was lying on her side with the duvet pulled up to cover her arms and her big teddy bear.

Empress stooped and touched her face. 'Darling you can stop doing this to yourself. It does not appeal to me please. '

She smiled weakly. 'I …I am not a free born of this house and …'

'Cut it Hester, how can you say such a thing! '

'When the order first came, you approved it by standing and saying nothing. '

'That is not true Hester. Darling please make my day, come and eat, darling please …' She drawled sweetly.

'Hmmmm …' She muttered before looking at her mother through glassy eyes. 'I … I am not the one to make your day. I asked of you earlier and I was told you went to your Senator friend birthday party.' She smiled. 'The style, the blinks, the fashion … the glitz and glamour, the cream de la creme. I know you Mum, my pain, my pining away is nothing to you compared to pleasure and fun you had.' Her voice was slow but steady.

'You're impossible Hester! You're impossible! ' She hit her fists on the mattress, loosing it in guilt. 'I can't take this nonsense anymore, I will just call the doctor! ' Empress stood.

'And the doctor will say - Mrs Tobechukwu, she is okay but her not eating, is the major problem. The solution to her exhaustion lies there. Don't waste the doctor's time Mum. '

She took quick breathes to calm the anger brimming in her. 'You are impossible Hester! ' She matched out and did slammed the door.

Hester eyes closed.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: This Is Exactly The Problem Of The Rich And People In Higher Positions, They Must Marry Themselves...Looking Forward To The End Of The Story>>Welldone, Queen Esther!
Welcome Honey. I'll advise you make yourself comfortable 'cause it's about to begin.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Queen xstar: ****
'You're impossible Hester! You're impossible! ' She hit her fists on the mattress, loosing it in guilt. 'I can't take this nonsense anymore, I will just call the doctor! ' Empress stood.
+++++
i think take should be there
ur updates plz try to increase it a bit seems theY are short
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2013

'Big bros! Big bros!! ' Kasali stood at attention as he hailed and then, he saluted.

'Bros! Bros!! ' Kabiru seconded in the Same vein.

'How una de? ' Christopher Tobechukwu chuckled, he shook hands with them. 'All these my powerful juniors, nawa o! I dear gnawing una build up, wetin una dey carry self? '

'Bros leave that thing o jare.' Kasali laughed heartily.

'Kabis! Kabis! Easy o.'

'Na so. ' Kabiru chuckled. 'How family? '

'Kampe my brother. '

'You are here to see your baby. ' Kasali stated factually.

'Yes o, hope say una no dear trouble am.' Chris retained his smile.

'Our power reach?' Kabiru stated.

He head to her door. 'See you guys.'

'Welcome Sir. ' They chorused.

Chris was in charge of his eldest brother security for a long time before he opened a textile company and got married.

He hit the brass knocker twice before entering since, he got no response. He stopped short at the sight before him. Her duvet was drawn up, her face was pale and her closed.

He covered the distance and pecked her.

'Hi boyfriend. ' Her eyes were still closed.

He moved a chair close. 'Hey sweetness, were you dreaming of me? '

'I don't dream anymore. ' Her eyes blinked severally and then she was able to focus. She smiled weakly. 'How is my wife and baby? '

'Splendid. ' Chris studied her for a while. 'You look far different from when I came for you at the restaurant. Though things have not been in best condition for you. How come nobody told me you now a shadow of yourself. ' He was sad.

'I wasn't expecting myself this way.'

'I heard everything that happened …' He took her hand in his. 'I'm sorry My sweetness, I really am. I understand how you feel but just because some things went wrong does not mean you should go down too.'

'You don't understand bf, my own daddy .' Tears filled her eyes. ' My heart is heavy.'

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
kingphilip:
i think take should be there
ur updates plz try to increase it a bit seems theY are short
Correction effected. Thanks
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Queen xstar: Correction effected. Thanks
uWC my queen

seems this should be effected too
Queen xstar: ****
He hit the brass knocker twice before entering since he got no response. He stopped short at the sight before him. Her duvet was drawn up, her face was pale and her eyes closed.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2013

Oh my angel, Oh dear! ' He shook his head. 'I know you well, for you to be like this, you've been wounded. Starving is not an option, it's not sending any message to them rather it drains you. For you to have gone this far and Daddy is not moved, you need to change your approach. You need energy Hess, you need food.'

'I am not happy boyfriend. '

'I am here for you dear. You have to make yourself happy, have all the fun you can within your limitation, eat well, that way you can think well and stand to this situation. We both know this is not the worst that has happened. '

'Yeah.' She muttered and the tears came rolling down.

'No my sweetness no …' Chris fetched a hanky from his pocket and dab her tears. 'Aunty Joy met me on her way up, she said if I don't talk you into eating, I will visit you next in the hospital. ' His countenance became serious. ' My angel, for the sake of us that truly care, eat please. '

Hester eyes closed.

'You can Hester, my baby said I should tell you that if you don't start eating, he will stop eating.'

Her eyes opened and it sparkled, 'Uncle Chris, my baby can't talk yet. '

'Emmmm … hmmmmm …mmmmh …' He stammered and scratched his head.

Hester laughed. 'I will eat.'

He removed napkin on the basket he had come in with and brought out its content. Oranges, apples, a ball of water melon and a food flask. 'All this courtesy of wife. '

'So Nice …' She beamed.

He had gotten plates and cutleries on his way up. 'I will take it that you have fasted for the growth of this country. ' He winked at her.

She nodded and then chuckled.

He lifted her off the bed to a sofa, he pulled a side table close and placed the placed of sliced apples on it. He got water from the mini fridge. He gave her water first and then the apples.

'Oh Uncle Chris, you will over feed me o! ' She complained after few minutes.

'Her voice is ringing already yet she is doing shakara.' He laughed mockingly.

'I love you too.' She retorted pouting.

They both burst into bouts of laughter.

+++++++
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Knock knock knock, gud morning every1, hw una dey?

Queen well done o, sanu de aiki.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
jhidey08: Knock knock knock, gud morning every1, hw una dey?

Queen well done o, sanu de aiki.
Welcome darling.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
Thank so much Kingphillips. (beckons to an attendant ) Nkwobi and chilled Can pure haven wine for him.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
The Queen retires into her inner chambers till later in the day. See ya all!
Re: Fighting Back! by kingphilip(m): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Queen xstar: The Queen retires into her inner chambers till later in the day. See ya all!
u deserve it my queen... gather all the strenght u can muster for the updates in the evening.
U tried in dis update sha seems u did a lot of proofreading because i Dint notice anything for now sha
Re: Fighting Back! by jhidey08(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
Queen xstar: The Queen retires into her inner chambers till later in the day. See ya all!
make sure u rest well o, so dat u would av gathered enough momentum to giv us more in d evening.
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Knocks on the door to the inner chamber of the queen, got no response. Assumed she is still resting, left and walked back to my thread.
When you ar strong enough to update u know where to reach me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.