Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Fighting Back! - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78981 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Hameenat94(f): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2013
Im confuseg. Queen uve 4gotten abt Hesters' family. Are they nt angry wit her?
Re: Fighting Back! by goldwaters(f): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
This ur story seems very disjointed. There's really no flow. It makes following difficult.
Re: Fighting Back! by Jiteshell(f): 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
The story is really disjointed, you are jumping from scene to scene and it's not following
Re: Fighting Back! by portable31(f): 4:47am On Dec 24, 2013
Confused comes to mind.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:15am On Dec 24, 2013
All comments noted. About Hester family we will get there soon.
About DISJOINTED, I do that because of limited time to type, Hence I submit so I don't lose what I've typed.

I tried updating yesterday but I lost it due to poor network. Please expect an update tonight.
I apologize.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:53am On Dec 25, 2013
Have a wonderful celebration dear readers. May all our dreams for this season come through, AMEN.
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 9:19am On Dec 25, 2013
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO QUEEN XSTER AND HER ESTEEM READERS.
Signed:
d9ty7(publicist)
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2013
D9ty7: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO QUEEN XSTER AND HER ESTEEM READERS.
Signed:
d9ty7(publicist)
Thanks darling.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2013

'As a medical student, ​ℓ̊ studied ​a̶̲̥̅̊η∂ practiced parri passu. ​ℓ̊ was driving home from my hospital when ​ℓ̊ witnessed a fatal accident.” . ​ℓ̊ rose to the occassion because ​ℓ̊ knew the guy was hanging loosely to life. So, before the paramedics arrived, ​ℓ̊ performed a major surgery on him right there at the corner of the road. ​ℓ̊ eventually followed him to the hospital ​a̶̲̥̅̊η∂ assissted in other things .' She paused momentarily. 'In essence, with God help, ​ℓ̊ saved his life.

'How were you able to achieve all that on the road? ' Ethel asked.

'​ℓ̊ always have in my car a standardised first aid box. Later ​ℓ̊ discovered he was the only son of Daniel JacksII, as at then his name was among the list of the ten wealthiest ​a̶̲̥̅̊η∂ most influential men in the world. '

Ethelbert nodded knowingly.

'His family invited me for lunch in his palace after his son's recovery and Mr Daniel offered me …' She laughed . 'a huge amount of money. I rejected it but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He did wiring of the money because …'

'Because you thought your bank account will blow up.' Ethel concluded smiling.

'Tell me about the media report. '

'For two full moon, my photographs with various headlines and in different newsprint was all ever.

'Was that your greatest publicity? ' Ethel Sipped from the tumbler.

'Nope …' She paused. 'My greatest publicity was when I was appointed the Youth Ambassador on Health. '

'I loved your maiden speech, it was like nothing I've heard before. It was innovative, powerful and homely. '

She went wide eyed .'You watched the telecast?'

'I read it in a magazine and have kept till date.'

'That publicity exposed me and gave me opportunities to learn and achieve a lot. I also met with lot of celebrity. Same publicity that kindled Oladimeji interest in me.'

'Woah! ' Ethel exclaimed and then studied her a while. 'You should contest as a beauty.'

Hester smiled. 'I have heard that a number of times. On three occasions, I had received the MBGN form as a gift but I'm not interested. let others do the honors. ' She replied simply and stood. 'How about you Mr Pot-calling-kettle-black, you should contest too.'

'Na …' He replied and burst into laughter.

Agatha glared at her mother as she digest the news. 'She escaped via an underground? How on earth could she have achieved that! '

Empress exhaled before sitting and facing the dressing mirror. 'I don't know. He said there was blood everywhere and she left four of his men unconscious. '

Agatha gasped in utter shock. 'Seriously mum, am beginning to get scared. How are we so sure she has not gotten herself tangled with the dark world. ' She sat on the bed and shook her legs.

'Agatha! ' Empress chided and turn to look at her. ' When Oladimeji said blood was everywhere, It was actually her blood. Since when do people from the dark world bleed. ' She raised her brows.

'Hmmmm …Mmmmh. ' Agatha bobbed ger head from side , she hissed before crossing her legs. 'I hope she is alive. '.She reached into her jeans trousers pocket and brought a packet of gum, she put one into her mouth.

Her brows creased with a mixture of worry and anger. 'I don't know how my own daughter will be handed a golden egg and she decided to smash it . Hester has a way of getting on my nerves and on that wedding, the last straw broke on the camel back. I am yet to recover from the embarrassment she caused me. '

'As in … mummy. That girl unbelievable! What else could a full blooded Nigerian lady ask of? ' Agatha said spitefully. ' I lost my class amidst my friends because of her stupid decision. '

'When I have brought myself to forgive her, she will hear from me.' Empress said and faced the mirror.

'Who will hear from you? ' Douglas entered the room.

Agatha rose to receive his briefcase. ' Welcome dad.'

'I was about Hester.' Empress stood and approached him.

'We have done our part, the rest is left for Oladimeji . ' He looked from his wife to his daughter.with a stern expression. 'I don't want to hear talks about her anymore. '

Empress and Agatha exchanged glances.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2013

Hester watched and listened to the news attentively.

The Kenyan bridge being Osagie last was named after him. On and on, it went.

She felt stronger thinking of him, she was more determined to take care of herself so his effort won't be in vain. Sometimes in the future she would set up something in his honor.

Hester drummed her fingers thoughtfully on the bed.

++++

Hester hesitated.

Ethel turned to look at her. 'What's up girlie? '

'I can't Ethel.' Her expression was sad. 'I can't face them, I have abandoned them for too long .'

It really amazed him, the way she felt responsible and took responsibility for the littlest things. 'My parents will understand, just open up okay. Since my mum called to deliver the message, you've been walking about like someone who has guilty sentence shadowing her.'
Without waiting for any sign of conviction, he took her hand and led her into the expensively furnished sitting room of the ex president of the federation.

Hester glanced around, it was only with few differences she noticed. She knew the mansion like the route from her hand to her mouth. The memories all came back, she exhaled.

'Sweetheart. ' Akudo Onyemakazi, the wife to the ex-president after the first lady was assassinated when he was in power called and descended the stairs smiling with open arms. She was the mother of both Ethelbert and Victoria. Ethel spent his early days in the South Africa living with his eldest half brother.
He had three half brother and a sister.

Ethel embraced his mother.'Good morning sweet mum. ' He looked at her.'You look charming. '

'You have me to thank for that. ' Franklin Onyemakazi strolled into the room.

'Good morning dad.' He gave a low bow.

'How's my boy doing? ' He beamed. One would hardly believe he was in his early seventies. He looked trimmed and fit.

Ethel shrugged. 'I can also Thank mum for your splendid look.'

'YES you can sweetheart. ' Akudo answered and sat.

Franklin laughed heartily.

Ethel glanced back at her. She was looking down at her toes.

'Hi darling. ' Franklin acknowledged her presence with a smile. 'It has been quite a while. ' He sat.

'A very long time. ' Akudo seconded.

She went down on her knees and lowered her gaze for few seconds.

Ethel sat and they watched her.

'All I can say is that am sorry and I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me.' She looked up at them and her eyes were filled with tears. 'After my last visit here, my family begin to pressure me that Oladimeji guy. When I refused to have a relationship with him, my father grounded me, I couldn't leave my room. The whole situation got me broken hearted and confused, the few family friends I had couldn't change my parents mind. Before I realised it, I was to be married to Oladimeji. It was on the wedding day I stepped out after being grounded. ' Her tears fell off. 'From there to Kenya. I know if I had contacted you, you would have felt bad and tried to help me …I don't want your effort to be met with disappointment. It has been very devastating for me, I have been so confused, all I can say is that am sorry.' She opened her palms as an expression of plea. 'Help me dad, help me mum …help this guilt of mine …'.She sobbed.

Ethel looked at his parents.

'My darling girl.' Alison stood and helped her up. She embraced her. 'I understand you Hess, you never offended us really. Besides, we have a mind set of you.'

'Yes Honey.' Franklin agreed. 'I must commend you for the way you've upheld yourself. ' He smiled.

Hester wiped her tears feeling relieved.

'You're still my baby girl. ' Akudo led her to seat beside her.

'Thank you very much.' Hester sat.

The refreshments came.

++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2013

'Do you know Kendall McGrath? ' Franklin asked.

'Yes. He is an an attorney, a friend to Victoria and I. He also lives on our street. '

Akudo voice became calm as she observed Hester. 'Victoria is a testate. '

'She had a will? ' Hester was completely taken aback.

The news was also new Ethel but he remained silent knowing it was Hester that was addressed.

'Yes sweetheart, it was oblivious to me until Kendall called few days ago. He said that a couple of days before you two left Hollywood for Nigeria, she did it.

Her facial expression became blank.

'My dear girl, ' A smile spread across her face. 'Her will is simple and straight forward. To me, it portray the love, trust and bondness you too share. Based on her will, everything that has the name Victoria Franklin Onyemakazi has been willed to you, bank accounts, inheritance, property, stocks, shares and all are now yours for you and the execution of the dream you two had in common. '

'So it shall it be. ' Franklin added.

For his younger sister to have considered her worthy of all that was hers, he knew Hester must have mean a lot to her. The respect he had for took a new dimension.

Hester blanched.

'Darling? '

She was quiet.

'Hester? '

'Yes …Yes ma.'

'Are you all right? '

'I don't know. ' She said choking, it almost ended in a whisper.

'It okay honey, all the paper work and documents are all ready. ' Franklin told her.

+++++

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
It wouldn't very out of place to asked for your comments and 2kobos. Thanks
Re: Fighting Back! by afangide(m): 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2013
Wishin u a merry Xmas, tnx 4 keeping us entertained, buh am kinda confused, who's willing her properties to Hester?
Re: Fighting Back! by kennybelle: 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
Eeya! Im happy 4 her o, though u didn‘t shed more light on d person in question.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
afangide: Wishin u a merry Xmas, tnx 4 keeping us entertained, buh am kinda confused, who's willing her properties to Hester?
A name was mentioned dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
kennybelle: Eeya! Im happy 4 her o, though u didn‘t shed more light on d person in question.
How about the light have been shedding in the course of this story? More light will in the shed as the story goes on, anyway.
Re: Fighting Back! by pinetulips(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2013
Queen xstar: It wouldn't very out of place to asked for your comments and 2kobos. Thanks

hmn, haha, wow u re a real writing genus, twisted story line, difficult to predict nd still suspence filled nd thrilling, doffs hat nd blows kisses to d Queen of pen.
Re: Fighting Back! by phyla(m): 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
This is deep,am touched...so touched!
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
pinetulips:

hmn, haha, wow u re a real writing genus, twisted story line, difficult to predict nd still suspence filled nd thrilling, doffs hat nd blows kisses to d Queen of pen.
You know after reading this, I did some of the dance steps, Hester did with Osagie.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
pinetulips:

You know after reading this, I did some of the dance steps, Hester did with Osagie. Thanks darling.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
phyla: This is deep,am touched...so touched!
Thanks dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
++++

Franklin walked alongside Hester with a arm around her shoulder. 'Hester we love you and believe in you.'

'I love you two, about believe, I'm unsure of myself. ' She swallowed hard. 'Sometimes I can't grasp what is happening to my world. '

'Experience like we all say is the best teacher. Experience has taught me that the journey of life is not a smooth one, it's up and down. It was down for me when I lost my first love to a brutal death and also my baby girl. It comes in different package for everyone and it's inevitable. Be strong …' He smiled at her.'Stand for what you believe in, fight for what belong to you and never try to relegate your Creator to the background. '

They strolled behind them.

'I've know Hess since she was eight. I've seen how she had reacted to various situations. She is unlike her now, the cheerful, lively, charming and influencing Hester is now disturbed, worried and all. I feel her, I can imagine how it feels to be chased by a ruffian. There is something I want you to know Ethel …'Akudo stopped for few seconds to look at her son. 'There is something Victoria would love you to do, do all you can Ethelbert …do all you can to protect her.'

Ethel looked away from her and stared at the flowerlawn. A memory of the last time he shared with Osagie came back to him. How they teased each other. Eventually he chased Osagie and Osagie had bumped into Hester that she lost balance. Osagie had swept her off the floor into his arms and rocked her like a child while he apologised to Hester. That was when he knew his friend would do anything for …

'Ethel? ' Akudo called.

He looked at her. 'I am a person who do things not because others need me to but majorly because I am convinced to. Right now, I have enough reasons to protect her and you just gave me more mum. ' He took her hand. 'I will do all I can to protect her.'

She embraced him relieved. 'I feel better dear, she is my baby girl.'

They finally said goodbyes before Hester and Ethel entered the Jeep.

Akudo and Franklin waved until the vehicle went out of the gate.

++++

Don't tell me you're going to start crying. '

Hester looked up at him from all the papers and documents she had spread out on the bed. 'How will you feel if you're were informed seven months after you lost your best friend, that you that he willed everything that has his name on it to you and the shared dreams you two had.'

He was seated across her. He placed both palms under his chin and shook his head slowly. 'It is pretty difficult Hess …it is hard to process. '

'Tears can express the way I feel. I am not happy because we don't hide things from each other and she had a will and never told me. That makes me feel she knew she was going to die.' The dam in her eyes let loose. '

'Don't Hester, I supposed she must have her reasons. She probably didn't want you to dissuade her.'

'I heard so much about you from Dad, Mum and most especially Vicky . I have always wanted to meet.

She couldn't help but smile in fond remembrance of her how Victoria had went on and on about him . 'Same here.'

'There was a time, I called Vicky from Belgium, I asked to speak to you but she came up with an excuse. '

Hester laughed as she remembered. 'That day we had what Victoria called our greatest fight. I was like -never ever talk to me again, I don't know how I got stocked with an insensitive human like you! She was like -You are thoughtless, you're so thoughtless, it is written on your forehead! '

Ethel chuckled.

'Come tomorrow, I'll move out, you hear me, very very far away and I cross my heart, anytime, I set my eyes on you, I will flee! I retaliated. Eventually your call came through and when she said to me -my big bro wants to talk to you. I gave her a cold glare and stormed out of the room.'

' I understand. ' Ethel grinned.

'You do? ' She raised he brows amused.

'Sure, how long did the fight last? ' He beamed.

'Guess.'

'Two months, Five months, one year? ' He shrugged.

'Twenty four hours. ' She said and burst into laughter as his shocked expression.

He kept looking at her and spoke up after few seconds. 'You two were close. '

'Yeah.' She nodded and became serious. 'We were so close that many believed we were twin sisters, I go by the name Hesteria. '

'Hesteria …Victoria, that is perfect. ' He said

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
That was to my new found friend Switcommy, you made me use my meal time to update. Enjoy.
Re: Fighting Back! by Switcommy(f): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Queen xstar: That was to my new found friend Switcommy, you made me use my meal time to update. Enjoy.
...hmmmm...i dnt no wat 2 say,,,am jst speechless...d update was superb.....ethels's sisther nd hester have been besties b4 her death nd dat y she willed all she had 2 hester.....i jst ve dat strng feeling,it gonna be a happy ever after btw hester nd ethel..nyc work,dear....
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
Switcommy: ...hmmmm...i dnt no wat 2 say,,,am jst speechless...d update was superb.....ethels's sisther nd hester have been besties b4 her death nd dat y she willed all she had 2 hester.....i jst ve dat strng feeling,it gonna be a happy ever after btw hester nd ethel..nyc work,dear....
Thanks darling.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
Please keep the comments coming, it keeps me going.
Re: Fighting Back! by BibiBasy(f): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
did i skip somting? coz i dnt know/cant remember how Vicky died or wot killed her
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hameenat, Where are you?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
BibiBasy: did i skip somting? coz i dnt know/cant remember how Vicky died or wot killed her
No dearie, you didn't skip anything.
Re: Fighting Back! by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:06am On Dec 28, 2013
I'm seeing things.. grin
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:41am On Dec 28, 2013
LogoDWhiz: I'm seeing things.. grin
Where Dwhiz?
Re: Fighting Back! by Hkana: 8:26am On Dec 28, 2013
Queen xtar(hester) smiley nice story U got here. More ink to ur pen

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.