Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Fighting Back! - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (79006 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Back! by Hameenat94(f): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
Queen xstar: Hameenat, Where are you?
im here wit queen xstar nd we re rockin it 2geda. I jst busy dis days. No vex buh im bk nw. Nxt update
Re: Fighting Back! by pinetulips(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
Queen xstar: You know after reading this, I did some of the dance steps, Hester did with Osagie. Thanks darling.

Humbling speaking d truth queen. U simply d best. ......Bows.......
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
pinetulips:

Humbling speaking d truth queen. U simply d best. ......Bows.......
You sha have a way of making me want to dance. Thanks
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hameenat94:
im here wit queen xstar nd we re rockin it 2geda. I jst busy dis days. No vex buh im bk nw. Nxt update
Fear bi wan catch me. Good to see you.
Re: Fighting Back! by BibiBasy(f): 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
Date: Saturday, 28
December 2013 at 06:08 PM
Viewing this topic: vanagon, Queen
xstar(f), BibiBasy(f)
update pplllssss
Re: Fighting Back! by vanagon: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
4 u to kip goin we kip d comment's koming.
Gud one u av here.
My Lady.don't kip us waitin for long.
Faithfully we remain.
More ink to ur pen.
Season greeting's
Cheer's
Re: Fighting Back! by vanagon: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
BibiBasy: Date: Saturday, 28
December 2013 at 06:08 PM
Viewing this topic: vanagon, Queen
xstar(f), BibiBasy(f)
update pplllssss
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Still waitin 4 d next update.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Woke up as early as 5:30, off to work. I was an assistant surgeon /scrub nurse today. Had a busy day, came back home with headache, nonetheless, I had to iron and wash, shower and eat.

If I could bring myself to update, I will but am drained. please understand...
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 10:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
vanagon: 4 u to kip goin we kip d comment's koming.
Gud one u av here.
My Lady.don't kip us waitin for long.
Faithfully we remain.
More ink to ur pen.
Season greeting's
Cheer's
Thanks dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Yemlizzy(f): 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
Nice
Re: Fighting Back! by Nnamnsoj(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
I now know more about you, you are a nurse? Do you remember me?
Re: Fighting Back! by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
Queen xstar: Where Dwhiz?
In the story... Lovely btw
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:48am On Dec 29, 2013
Nnamnsoj: I now know more about you, you are a nurse? Do you remember me?
No I don't, remind me.
Re: Fighting Back! by pinetulips(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2013
Queen xstar: You sha have a way of making me want to dance. Thanks

lol, hmn, i ll always save a dance for you.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
'Yeah.' She nodded and became serious. 'We were so close that many believed we were twin sisters, I go by the name Hesteria.

'Hesteria …Victoria, that is perfect. ' He said.

"Hi girls, I'm John, what are your Lovely names? "

"Hi am Victoria and she is Hesteria. "

"Wow! Are you twins?"

"Isn't it obvious? "

"Yeah! Yeah! sure. "

She gave an instance. 'Most of everyone we knew thought we were twins. 'Hester smiled. 'We celebrated together, bore our shortcomings together, we supported each other, we raised dust together, together we were unbeatable, we shared, cared and loved each other like we knew it wasn't last for long. 'Hester shook her head.

Ethel felt his chest tightened in pain in fond remembrance of his departed friend. He could say Same for both of them but he wasn't going to let the emotion linger. 'I know your university is more populated with white than black. How were you two able to cope? '

'We represented Africa and Nigeria to the full, who are you to come around us with the aim of making us feel inferior, we sit you and school you. Victoria and I topped the class so it was difficult for our course mate to try it.' She paused momentarily. 'There was a particular day one of my Prof in the course of his lecture said derogatory things about Africa. Victoria and I kept exchanging glances. '

'like what in the world does this guy think he is talking about. '

'Thank you.' She acknowledged his input. 'At a point, Victoria couldn't take it anymore because by then students from other continent were grinning from ear to ear. She raised her and stood. "With all due respect, I object to everything you've said hook, line and sinker. If you will, I like to give give reason to buttress my objection. " He allowed her and by the time she was through, I asked for permission to support her with five reasons. We were applauded, our Prof acknowledged our points, afterwhich, he called us Queen of Africa. Hence, we were popularly addressed as Queen of Africa. '

On and on she went about the times she had shared with her bf.

'I happened to be first that was called after her accident. ' Tears formed in her eyes. 'I guess my name happen to be dominant in everything the rescue team could find after her identity. When the call came I was shocked because we spoke an hour prior to then and we planned on meeting later in the day. I ran to my car and head for the hospital, I couldn't be stopped by the nurses because I used my psychological instinct to find her. God …' She closed her eyes as the memory flashed back and her tears flowed. 'When I set my eyes on her …I just knew she was dead , I just knew I had my greatest friend and confidant for fifteen years. An emptiness engulfed me, I cried, I screamed into instant unconsciousness. Her burial was delayed because of me. It is only God that know how I was able to …' She looked up. 'to watch her being buried. '

'I saw you, I saw your reaction and action. ' Ethel took her hand in his. 'I asked my dad and he told me who you were. Ever since, I've wanted to meet you.'

'No amount of emotions can express the absence of a love one that can never be present like ever before. I felt that with Osagie and I felt same with Victoria. They are irreplaceable. '

'That is because we love them very much. ' He embraced her as tears welled in his eyes. 'I pray God heal our heart.'

++++
Re: Fighting Back! by BibiBasy(f): 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
i'm sure Ethel and Hess will get married at last (my 100naira)
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
BibiBasy: i'm sure Ethel and Hess will get married at last (my 100naira)
Hahaha …please collect her Complimentary card. This is the first naira I've seen on my comment bowl.
Re: Fighting Back! by Hameenat94(f): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Jst cnt stop cryin 4 dem. It hurts 2 lose a loved 1.
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
You just had a way of making my day with ur updates.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
THIRTEEN

Oblivious to her, a tear dropped from her eyes as she listened.

'Running around won't help you, instead you will only hurt yourself, it may even destroy you. Beside Oladimeji is Where you belong. ' Douglas said.

'Do you know Where I am? ' Her voice was calm and controlled.

'I don't care about where you are as far as you can trace your Oladimeji and make out with him.'

'Daddy, daddy, daddy …' Hester gave a short laughter. 'How I love you? '

'Come on Hester, I know what is good for you.'

'If that was your good, it means you know nothing about me. Besides, it has never come to my knowledge that a man who forced his daughter into marriage knows best. Dad, you betrayed me so terribly that no matter how hard I try, I can't find the littlest justification for you. I trusted you, loved and respected you and could have done anything for you because I believed you were the best. I never could have believed you could have done that …to me.'

'Honey, listen to me...'

'You listen to me! ' Her voice rose as she interrupted. 'You decisively threw it all to the whirlwind and didn't care. You threw it all out when you told me I'll marry Oladimeji whether I like it or not. The wound has clot though it is leaving a scar.' She exhaled. 'Daddy you don't mean anything to me again and anymore. I have lost people that mean a lot to me but I am alive. I will thrive Mr Onyema, I will thrive and be fine all by myself. Leave me alone! You all should leave me alone. Don't call me again! Forget Hester.' She ended the call.

While the phone was yet in her hand, another call came through. She picked.

'Sweetheart, why …'

'Mum, Since you walked in with your lovely box of wedding cards, my life has not been the same again. I have been wanting to ask you a question. Wasn't it normal labor you had with me? Was my birth more difficult than Agatha's? '

'No Hester.'

'Then Why? Why should joyfully want to get rid of me? Did your parents force you to marry your husband? '

'No but …'

'Then why are you determined to make me a lost child in the heart of a desert. Why for the goodness sake? Why do you want to rid me of my destiny? Why? '

'We are doing what is best you. '

'You just killed my emotion Mum! The president son doesn't deserve your first daughter and favorite child?'

'Listen dear …'

'It doesn't make sense anymore, stay out of my life!I am not desperate for your recommendations. ' She tossed the phone to the head of the bed, got down on her knees and wept.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
D9ty7: You just had a way of making my day with ur updates.
Orrrrh …Thanks Mr Duro
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2013

'Madam, ' The hair stylist beamed. 'The style you chose was made for you. I have not seen anyone it suit so well as it does to you.'

'Thank you.' Hester turned her face to a side to admire her reflection.

The continuous banging of the gate made them all to become alert.

Hester stood and head for the window that has a better view of the gate. She saw three men as the gatekeeper opened the mini gate.They had a dialogue and she tried to read their countenance and lips.

'Oh! it's the president son! I wonder what he want this time. My life! ' The owner of the saloon wailed and sat on the floor.

She had guessed that already , she left the window and set to work. She poured a keg of hair conditional and shampoo on the tiled floor close to the entrance.

All the client and attendant, even the saloon owner had moved to a corner as they watched her browbeaten.

She looked at the window once more, she saw two approaching while the other stayed behind checking out the premises. The gate keeper was shaking his head. She glanced around, switched off and unplugged an extension cable. She cut off the cable and the plug with the knife she had on her.

She stood waiting for them.

Silence prevailed.

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hameenat94: Jst cnt stop cryin 4 dem. It hurts 2 lose a loved 1.
Yes dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for 2kobos. please put on your most shining kobos
Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
I see you Trix, Welcome and do drop your 2kobo.
Re: Fighting Back! by trixandra(f): 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
Queen xstar: I see you Trix, Welcome and do drop your 2kobo.
Lol, caught red-handed. Truth is I haven't even started reading it wella. When I do, I will surely drop some words.
Re: Fighting Back! by Hameenat94(f): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hester I de feel u joor! Action tinz
Re: Fighting Back! by phyla(m): 12:29am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo see suspense oooo,am so inlove with hester.....perhaps she's on NL
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:38am On Dec 31, 2013
phyla: Omo see suspense oooo,am so inlove with hester.....perhaps she's on NL
Hahahaha... Perhaps dear.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:39am On Dec 31, 2013
Hameenat94: Hester I de feel u joor! Action tinz
Ghen ghen …
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:48am On Dec 31, 2013
Yemlizzy: Nice
Thanks darling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.