Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God (3454 Views)

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Olugbenger:
Yes, i understand what you mean now.
It's obvious you are one of them.
u no well
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

The so called queen and the image was formerly an idol for pagans..

A Queen of Heaven is synonymous to the queen of the coast.

There are different kinds of heaven afterall..
But the Heaven I'm striving to make has no queen!

Oh really? "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir". Psalm 45:6-9.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

Mr Syncan, so you had to dig my posts from [b]the past to question my present stand [/b]on the mother goddess of the sun and the diverse cultists you worship?
(well, just so you know, I'm not a perfect being. I know you're surprised to see a NEW me TODAY.. Its not your fault really, I blame it on "Purgatory" cheesy

Like I said, our mission is to spread the truth to 1million concerned persons via the true words (not our own words).
For the record, I'm only exposing the deceit in, via, through, and by your OWN indoctrinated doctrines.

Oh so sorry,never knew that Nov 11 and Nov 14 was such a past that by Nov 20, you were now very knowledgeable and heaven bound to save Catholics. hmm.

3 Likes

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

Christ-mass (25th Dec) was also a day of celebrating a pagan god. And this same people changed it to Jesus birthday. Do you celebrate Christmas on the 25th of Dec? cheesy
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Mintayo(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

my thought exactly,queen of the coast indeed.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
Syncan:

Oh really? "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir". Psalm 45:6-9.

Bros, The book of Psalm was written by a King that lived and then died.. even before the name of Mary was mentioned in the New Testament... So how is it possible for King David to write about a non-yet born Mary, let alone a Queen Mary sitting with a God who shares His throne with no one?
Lolz

Read and be blessed.

The phrase “the queen of heaven” appears in the Bible twice, both times in the book of Jeremiah. The first incident is in connection with the things the Israelites were doing that provoked the Lord to anger.

Entire families were involved in idolatry . The children gathered wood, and the men used it to build altars to worship false gods (same thing you do today . The women were engaged in kneading dough and baking cakes of bread for the “Queen of Heaven” ( Jeremiah 7:18 ).

This title referred to Ishtar, an Assyrian and Babylonian goddess also called Ashtoreth and Astarte by various other groups. She was thought to be the wife of the false god Baal , also known as Molech . The motivation of women to worship Ashtoreth stemmed from her reputation as a fertility goddess, and, as the bearing of children was greatly desired among women of that era, worship of this “queen of heaven” was rampant among pagan civilization..

and thats exactly what you worship in disguise..

We do not serve the same God.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

Bros, The book of Psalm was written by a King that lived and then died.. even before the name of Mary was mentioned in the New Testament... So how is it possible for King David to write about a non-yet born Mary, let alone a Queen Mary sitting with a God who shares His throne with no one?
Lolz

Read and be blessed.

The phrase “the queen of heaven” appears in the Bible twice, both times in the book of Jeremiah. The first incident is in connection with the things the Israelites were doing that provoked the Lord to anger.

Entire families were involved in idolatry . The children gathered wood, and the men used it to build altars to worship false gods (same thing you do today . The women were engaged in kneading dough and baking cakes of bread for the “Queen of Heaven” ( Jeremiah 7:18 ).

This title referred to Ishtar, an Assyrian and Babylonian goddess also called Ashtoreth and Astarte by various other groups. She was thought to be the wife of the false god Baal , also known as Molech . The motivation of women to worship Ashtoreth stemmed from her reputation as a fertility goddess, and, as the bearing of children was greatly desired among women of that era, worship of this “queen of heaven” was rampant among pagan civilization..

and thats exactly what you worship in disguise..

Didn't Isaiah also predict the birth of Jesus by this same Mary, even before the name of Mary was mentioned in the New Testament... ?

Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.

2 Likes

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man:

Didn't Isaiah also predict the birth of Jesus by this same Mary, even before the name of Mary was mentioned in the New Testament... ?

Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.

YES!
This is a clear Prophecy...

Its funny to see you relate the mother goddess queen of an imaginary heaven with an innocent Mary...

*watch out for the coming thread.

"What is the Hail Mary that Catholics say so often?"
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by SalC: 6:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man:

I noticed some people cherry pick the old testament writings, it is only true when it helps them prove themselves but whenever it does not, it became written by someone who has lived and died before anything in the new testament happened, and so cannot be referring to anything in the new testament.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

YES!
This is a clear Prophecy...

Its funny to see you relate the mother goddess queen of an imaginary heaven with an innocent Mary...

*watch out for the coming thread.

"What is the Hail Mary that Catholics say so often?"

So King David one is not Prophecy but Isiah one is? Keep deceiving yourself. Na customer you dey find to join your mushroom church.

My 'sadness' is that once your G.O expires (dies) that your so called big church will become rudderless. Go ask what become of Idahosa big church of old. Today na your turn, tomorrow another brand will take over and your brand will fall. CATHOLIC CHURCH STILL REMAINS!

I am not watching out for any coming thread from you! The content will still be same Catholic bashing.

I ask you again Do you celebrate Christ-mass?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sal C: I noticed some people cherry pick the old testament writings, it is only true when it helps them prove themselves but whenever it does not, it became written by someone who has lived and died before anything in the new testament happened, and so cannot be referring to anything in the new testament.

No mind them. When Nigeria was mainly Catholic and Anglican and Methodist, things were 110% better than today with all these mushroom churches all over the place.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man:

So King David one is not Prophecy but Isiah one is? Keep deceiving yourself. Na customer you dey find to join your mushroom church.

My 'sadness' is that once your G.O expires (dies) that your so called big church will become rudderless. Go ask what become of Idahosa big church of old. Today na your turn, tomorrow another brand will take over and your brand will fall. CATHOLIC CHURCH STILL REMAINS!

I am not watching out for any coming thread from you! The content will still be same Catholic bashing.

I ask you again Do you celebrate Christ-mass?

Who is talking about Church here?
I'm asking you to forsake all evil abominations; and all ungodly worship

Lol...We are talking about Jesus and the key to the kingdom of God, not brand and packaging..

The largest church on earth do not have any billboard in the kingdom of God..
There is no such thing as my church in heaven..

If Idahosa made heaven (assuming), God will not judge him badly cos of the present situation at "Church of God Mission". What becomes of those present in the church remains their headaches..

Idahosa would receive judgement based on his own assignment (What he did, and what he failed to do)

Infact, the only place you mention church in agony, curse pastors, popes and bishops (false teachers and false teachings) is HELL FIRE.

I proclaim Christ, not my Church smiley

Infact; I love to worship in lesser gatherings.. (if thats what you want to hear)
smiley
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
Demain_man:

No mind them. When Nigeria was mainly Catholic and Anglican and Methodist, things were 110% better than today with all these mushroom churches all over the place.

If you know your bible, then you should understand the present world we live in..
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by italo: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
Acidosis:

Lolz

See what a christian is saying just because he wants to discredit Catholics.

So David didnt make prophecies that were fulfilled hundreds of yours later?

Who then is David talking about?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
They claim they combined the Bible and are the first church yet they get carried away by traditions of men and fail to practice the doctrines written in the Bible. Jesus told us to pray to God in His (Jesus) name. that is the definition of prayer. He didn't say pray to Mary.....
Catholics, where did y'all get your doctrine of praying to Mary from The pope? the heathen? the Bible? Rome?
Educate us.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by italo: 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
vickyO: They claim they combined the Bible and are the first church yet they get carried away by traditions of men and fail to practice the doctrines written in the Bible. Jesus told us to pray to God in His (Jesus) name. that is the definition of prayer. He didn't say pray to Mary.....
Catholics, where did y'all get your doctrine of praying to Mary from The pope? the heathen? the Bible? Rome?
Educate us.

Cant you see the rubbish your brother is saying up there?

That David could not speak about the future.

Why not address that glaring rubbish?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
^^^^^Don't mind the olodos
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 1:23am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Lol...We are talking about Jesus and the key to the kingdom of God, not brand and packaging..

If Idahosa made heaven (assuming), God will not judge him badly cos of the present situation at "Church of God Mission". What becomes of those present in the church remains their headaches..

Idahosa would receive judgement based on his own assignment (What he did, and what he failed to do)

Infact, the only place you mention church in agony, curse pastors, popes and bishops (false teachers and false teachings) is HELL FIRE.

Infact; I love to worship in lesser gatherings.. (if thats what you want to hear)
smiley

Why not allow what become of the Catholics to be their own headaches too? why worry yourself about them and their rosary? Are you God to know who we make heaven and who will not? Did you read in your bible where God said he will condemn who he wants and bless who he wants?

Even on this Nairaland forum we read argument upon argument among you pentecostals. Who is right then and who is wrong?

You leave the log in your eyes and you are trying to remove the spec in another's.You are like the Pharisees i tell you!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 8:15am On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO: They claim they combined the Bible and are the first church yet they get carried away by traditions of men and fail to practice the doctrines written in the Bible. Jesus told us to pray to God in His (Jesus) name. that is the definition of prayer. He didn't say pray to Mary.....
Educate us

Frankly speaking, dear vickyO, If you trully want to know, even just for the sake of knowledge and not to convert, Catholics will gladly oblige you. However if you've already passed judgement on them and only have ridicule for their practices (despite not knowing why they do so), no need to ask.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 8:32am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

hahahahaha, They want to save catholics?
Acidosis:

Bros, The book of Psalm was written by a King that lived and then died.. even before the name of Mary was mentioned in the New Testament... So how is it possible for King David to write about a non-yet born Mary , let alone a Queen Mary sitting with a God who shares His throne with no one?
Lolz

David wrote:
"...they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture". Psalm 22:16-18

Centuries later...:

"Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.
They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did...But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water" John19:23-34.

You said it yourself, "we do not serve the same God"
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by italo: 8:40am On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

hahahahaha, They want to save catholics?

David wrote:
"...they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture". Psalm 22:16-18

Centuries later...:

"Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.
They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did...But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water" John19:23-34.

You said it yourself, "we do not serve the same God"

LMAO!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Mintayo(m): 8:42am On Nov 22, 2013
I can believe ppl ae still saying mary is tha queen of heaven? So mary is now exalted abv God since she is now the queen of heaven,my did not tell me abt any queen in heaven,ahhh,i believe satan is having a laugh lookin at d way ppl twist the scripture to their own detriment.
May God help us.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 8:43am On Nov 22, 2013
They want to save Catholics?

Acidosis:

smiley

And Jesus said:

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" Matt 16:18

And St. Paul said:
"...that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth". 1Tim3:15

You said it yourself " We do not serve the same God"
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2013
Mintayo: I can believe ppl ae still saying mary is tha queen of heaven? So mary is now exalted abv God since she is now the queen of heaven,my did not tell me abt any queen in heaven,ahhh,i believe satan is having a laugh lookin at d way ppl twist the scripture to their own detriment.
May God help us.

Who is God to you? Slave of heaven or King of heaven? You complain of "twisting" scripture, who is "twisting" meanings now?

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir". Psalm 45:6-9.

How is this queen, exulted above this king?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by italo: 9:11am On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Who is God to you? Slave of heaven or King of heaven? You complain of "twisting" scripture, who is "twisting" meanings now?

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir". Psalm 45:6-9.

How is this queen, exulted above this king?

Jesus at the right hand of God.

The Queen at the right hand of Jesus.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by try69: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2013
Acidosis, how market?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by woky: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2013
try69: Acidosis, how market?
grin
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 10:23am On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Frankly speaking, dear vickyO, If you trully want to know, even just for the sake of knowledge and not to convert, Catholics will gladly oblige you. However if you've already passed judgement on them and only have ridicule for their practices (despite not knowing why they do so), no need to ask.
Well, by answering me with appropriate scriptures, you'll prove my view wrong.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 10:26am On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

David was a Prophet. Acts 2:25-30
"For David speaketh concerning him.........Therefore being a Prophet...."
Happy
now address my question..
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 10:47am On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man: ^^^^^Don't mind the olodos
Who's this?
Let me address the Psalm 45 issue
The details of the Psalm clearly pictures an earthly wedding of the King of Israel. And it in no way conforms to the marriage supper of the Lamb in Rev. 10:1-10
Read the whole Psalm and understand it.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Acidosis(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2013
try69: Acidosis, how market?

The market of the gospel dey boom oo...
smiley
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Well, by answering me with appropriate scriptures, you'll prove my view wrong.

Sis, If you ask your question civilly, you'll surely get an answer. If you ridicule, then you do not need an answer.

Note that this is a general statement of fact, I am not indicting you yet of any wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The War Room / Can This Pastor Succeed Pastor Kumuyi? / Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.