Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God (3455 Views)

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Sis, If you ask your question civilly, you'll surely get an answer. If you ridicule, then you do not need an answer.

Note that this is a general statement of fact, I am not indicting you yet of any wrong.
quote author=vickyO]
Ok, let me ask appropriately.
Please can you quote the Scripture that supports prayers to Mary?[/quote]
I'm waiting for the scriptures.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Who's this?
Let me address the Psalm 45 issue
The details of the Psalm clearly pictures an earthly wedding of the King of Israel. And it in no way conforms to the marriage supper of the Lamb in Rev. 10:1-10
Read the whole Psalm and understand it.

Dear VickyO, compare that Psalm 45:6 "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre"

with this:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom". Heb1:8

Please Just like you said "David was a prophet", Kindly note the truth in this as well...it was not talking about any earthly king. Just read the whole of hebrews chapter one, its not much.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Dear VickyO, compare that Psalm 45:6 "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre"

with this:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom". Heb1:8

Please Just like you said "David was a prophet", Kindly note the truth in this as well...it was not talking about any earthly king. Just read the whole of hebrews chapter one, its not much.
I've read it. The Psalmist operates in the prophetic but If you read he whole Psalm 45, you'll know that the marriage described there is not the same as the one depicted in Revelations 10, the marriage supper of the Lamb. probably an analogy.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by italo: 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
David was a Prophet. Acts 2:25-30
"For David speaketh concerning him.........Therefore being a Prophet...."
Happy
now address my question..

Address it to your blind fellow Protestant.

Dont you want to save his confused soul?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

Address it to your blind fellow Protestant.

Dont you want to save his confused soul?
he will see the post.
address my question.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by italo: 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
he will see the post.
address my question.

The Bible allows intercession.

The Bible doesnt exclude Mary from interceding.

Now you give me the verse where the Bible says "dont pray to Mary."
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

The Bible allows intercession.

The Bible doesnt exclude Mary from interceding.

Now you give me the verse where the Bible says "dont pray to Mary."
Lists of those who interceded in the Bible:
The Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf, Roman 8:26, Elijah interceded Romans 11:2, Christians are to intercede I Timothy 2:1, Isaiah 59:16 speaks of how God made Christ our intercessor and Hebrews 7:25 shows that Jesus intercedes.
And it shows no record of Mary interceding for us.
Jesus us told us how to pray: To the father in the name of Jesus.
He didn't say pray to Mary but to the father in my name.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by italo: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Lists of those who interceded in the Bible:
The Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf, Roman 8:26, Elijah interceded Romans 11:2, Christians are to intercede I Timothy 2:1, Isaiah 59:16 speaks of how God made Christ our intercessor and Hebrews 7:25 shows that Jesus intercedes.

Is Mary a pagan or muslim or an Atheist?

Is she not a Christian?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
I've read it. The Psalmist operates in the prophetic but If you read he whole Psalm 45, you'll know that the marriage described there is not the same as the one depicted in Revelations 10, the marriage supper of the Lamb. probably an analogy.

Thanks VickyO. Note that I never said anything about a wedding, nor did I talk of Rev 10. All I did was Point to psalm 45:6 as a prophecy of God the father talking to the Son about his Scepter and throne. This could only happen in heaven. In verse Nine it talked about the queen sitting at the right of the Son. I supported this with Hebrews showing that It was God, talking to His Son. For in that Hebrews, God also addressed the angels. You may want to re-trace the genesis of this my post.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

Is Mary a pagan or muslim or an Atheist?

Is she not a Christian?
Alive or dead?
She was a Christian and is a dead one now.
Jesus told us how to pray, I repeat, to the Father in Jesus name. Not to Mary or the saints.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Thanks VickyO. Note that I never said anything about a wedding, nor did I talk of Rev 10. All I did was Point to psalm 45:6 as a prophecy of God the father talking to the Son about his Scepter and throne. This could only happen in heaven. In verse Nine it talked about the queen sitting at the right of the Son. I supported this with Hebrews showing that It was God, talking to His Son. For in that Hebrews, God also addressed the angels. You may want to re-trace the genesis of this my post.
Ok, so what are you trying to prove to me?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:

So who is that queen? You?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by italo: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Alive or dead?
She was a Christian and is a dead one now.
Jesus told us how to pray, I repeat, to the Father in Jesus name. Not to Mary or the saints.

So you doubt Jesus when he says believers never die?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Ok, let me ask appropriately.
Please can you quote the Scripture that supports prayers to Mary?

Vicky, You already said Christians Intercede. Intercession is talking to God on behalf of another.

vickyO:

From your post, we see that though Christ is our Intercessor, Christians can intercede. Mary is a christian too.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:

So who is that queen? You?
Some theologians have said the Queen represents the Church of Christ while some disagreed by saying the events are in no way a replica of the happenings in heaven.
So the Queen is the faithful Christians.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:

Nothing my dear, for the post was not addressed to you in the first place. You however decided to "address" it, so i had to draw your attention to some things you seem to overlook. The post is a refutation to another post, and the refutation still stands.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
italo:

So you doubt Jesus when he says believers never die?
Of course we don't, only our flesh does.
But the Bible never said the dead Christians (physically dead) make intercessions for us. Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are the only ones who speak to God on our behalf. If you've got a scripture that says the dead in Christ can also make intercessions for us, post it.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Some theologians have said the Queen represents the Church of Christ while some disagreed by saying the events are in no way a replica of the happenings in heaven.

Please let's not worry about what theologians say or not. Lets agree that God was talking to His son, and that a queen dressed in ophir was sitting at the Son's right hand. Just as the scripture says.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Vicky, You already said Christians Intercede. Intercession is talking to God on behalf of another.

From your post, we see that though Christ is our Intercessor, Christians can intercede. Mary is a christian too.
She is dead. She cannot intercede. And moreover, we aren't even meant to pray to her in the first place.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Please let's not worry about what theologians say or not. Lets agree that God was talking to His son, and that a queen dressed in ophir was sitting at the Son's right hand. Just as the scripture says.
Ok, but did the scripture tell us who this queen is?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

Nothing my dear, for the post was not addressed to you in the first place. You however decided to "address" it, so i had to draw your attention to some things you seem to overlook. The post is a refutation to another post, and the refutation still stands.
The post wasn't addressed to me? why did you quote my post if you didn't intend to address me?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:

You see you have answered the question "Some theologians have said the Queen represents the Church of Christ while some disagreed by saying the events are in no way a replica of the happenings in heaven

So we Catholics also believe that the 'Queen' is Mary the mother of God the son.

The title of queen is used for woman and not for faithful christians
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:

You see you have answered the question "Some theologians have said the Queen represents the Church of Christ while some disagreed by saying the events are in no way a replica of the happenings in heaven

So we Catholics also believe that the 'Queen' is Mary the mother of God the son.

I thought you said we should involve theologians i.e. we should take the scripture as it is. Well, you're doing otherwise. Take that scripture as it is and you'll realize it isn't Mary. And in death Mary ceases to be the mother of Christ. In heaven, there's nothing like husband, wife or daughter or son.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Ok, but did the scripture tell us who this queen is?

See protestants and their hypocrisy!!! Did isaiah's prophecy tell us who Jesus was? Was his messiahc prophecies explicit?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
The post wasn't addressed to me? why did you quote my post if you didn't intend to address me?

Please be fair to me vicky, This below is the post that I quoted:

Acidosis:

The so called queen and the image was formerly an idol for pagans..

A Queen of Heaven is synonymous to the queen of the coast.

There are different kinds of heaven afterall..
But the Heaven I'm striving to make has no queen!

And my response was:

Syncan:

Oh really? "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir". Psalm 45:6-9.

https://www.nairaland.com/1525118/rosary-consists-53-repetitious-prayers/1#19699017
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
I thought you said we should involve theologians i.e. we should take the scripture as it is. Well, you're doing otherwise. Take that scripture as it is and you'll realize it isn't Mary. And in death Mary ceases to be the mother of Christ. In heaven, there's nothing like husband, wife or daughter or son.
So how come Jesus is still the son of God in heaven?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:
Really........
Well, Mary was among the faithful Christians on Earth. So that Queen would be who
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Who's this?
Let me address the Psalm 45 issue
The details of the Psalm clearly pictures an earthly wedding of the King of Israel. And it in no way conforms to the marriage supper of the Lamb in Rev. 10:1-10
Read the whole Psalm and understand it.
Syncan:

with this:

The bolded implied you wanted my attention.
My post up there was for Demain man
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:

You are the one that said 'some' and then 'some', i only added the Catholic 'some' too thats all.

Well we Catholics see it differently VickyO. We see Mary as not just any woman but a very very very special woman to have brought Christ into this world. So we respect and honour her. If on the last day God tells us that we are wrong to honour Mary, So be it!

Let me ask you one question. Do you celebrate mass in your church?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:

You are the one that said 'some' and the 'some', i only added the Catholic 'some' too thats all.

Well we Catholics see it differently VickyO. We see Mary as not just any woman but a very very very special woman to have brought Christ into this world. So we respect and honour her. If on the last day God tells us that we are wrong to honour Mary, So be it!

Let me ask you ones question. Do you celebrate mass in your church?
I don't know what mass is....
As I said there is nothing like Mother or father or any thing like that in heaven. that's why Jesus redefined the meaning of his family limiting them to those who do the will of God.
Why not accept the truth now? I smell stubbornness. There is nothing like mother of Christ in heaven. believe it or not.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
I don't know what mass is....
As I said there is nothing like Mother or father or any thing like that in heaven. that's why Jesus redefined the meaning of his family limiting them to those who do the will of God.
Why no accept the truth now Stubbornness at its peak. There is nothing like mother of Christ in heaven.

Have you been to heaven before? Are you God? or Jesus?

And you don't know what mass is? Yes you do. You know and celebrate Christ-mass AKA CHRISTMAS don't you? grin
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
chukwudi44:
So how come Jesus is still the son of God in heaven?
Intelligent question.
Because that is divine "sonship", not earthly "sonship".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits Of Paying Tithe? / Pope John-paul II 95th Birthday Is Today (posthumous) / Who Is This Allah? (forward And Preface)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.