Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God (3452 Views)

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:

Have you been to heaven before? Are you God? or Jesus?

And you don't know what mass is? Yes you do. You know and celebrate Christ-mass AKA CHRISTMAS don't you? grin
Ok, I celebrate Christmas. And Paul said no one should judge us according to the days we keep.
Jesus gave us an exposition when he said that the ties of marriage doesn't extend to heaven.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Intelligent question.
Because that is divine "sonship", not earthly "sonship".

And Mary 'mothership' is not divine? how do you know all these things?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Ok, I celebrate Christmas. And Paul said no one should judge us according to the days we keep.
Jesus gave us an exposition when he said that the ties of marriage doesn't extend to heaven.

Thank you. We celebrate mass in Catholic Church too. grin Infact we gave that celebration its name. That same spirit that asked us to honour Mary also asked us to set a day aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
The bolded implied you wanted my attention.
My post up there was for Demain man

So is it that you did not see the bolded:

Syncan:

Nothing my dear, for the post was not addressed to you in the first place. You however decided to "address" it, so i had to draw your attention to some things you seem to overlook. The post is a refutation to another post, and the refutation still stands.

Before you made this claim:

vickyO:
The post wasn't addressed to me? why did you quote my post if you didn't intend to address me?

1. The post (psalm 45:6-9) was not addressed to you as I have shown earlier

2. I drew your attention after you decided to address my post of psalm 45. Again as i had stated above.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:

And Mary 'mothership' is not divine? how do you know all these things?
I'll explain later in a detailed form. the battery of the laptop is almost empty.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
Syncan:

So is it that you did not see the bolded:

Before you made this claim:

1. The post (psalm 45:6-9) was not addressed to you as I have shown earlier

2. I drew your attention after you decided to address my post of psalm 45. Again as i had stated above.
Noted. My apologies
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
vicky O:
Intelligent question.
Because that is divine "sonship", not earthly "sonship".
grin grin chei una no go kill pesin for nl
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Noted. My apologies

Thanks. Accepted and appreciated.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 5:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
1) Know that our link with God can only be severed by sin on earth, death cannot sever the link. Our link to earth and all we've acquired on it is severed by death.

2) Jesus mentioned who his true family (i.e. the Church) was. My brother, sister and mother (i.e. his family) are those who do the will of the Father.

3) When people called him son of David, he told them that David called him Lord, how then is he David's son. (Matthew 23:43-45) Mary also called Jesus, Lord (She was among the early Christian as recorded in Acts) so how then is he Mary' son?

4) He already knew his father, the one who sent him but opened the door for us to join and populate the family. For us to become sons and daughters of God by obedience.

5) When Jesus was appointing disciples, he told them leave their family relations and follow him. The church is Christ's family i.e. we (believers/Christians/his followers) are his bride.

6) Mary became a family member by believing in him not by giving birth to him.

7) In heaven nothing like Papa Nonso or Mama Pius, all we'll see is the big family of God united in Christ.

cool Earthly ties die on earth but the things of God is perfected in heaven.

9) Mary's "mothership" is not going to extend to heaven. Why? Because
a) Jesus said those who obey his father's will are his family (not those who gave birth to him),
b) She is a mere human like you and I who was favoured,
c)she accepted Christ like you and I which made her become a member of the family,
d) She died like you and I and will rise to reign with Christ just like all those who stay faithful till death,
e) Even while on earth Jesus never called her mother, though people called him Son of Mary. He also never called David his father though people called him Son of David. He never called himself a man though he was referred to as the Son of Man.
f) If not for salvation, Mary won't make heaven. It's not because she gave birth to God in human form but because she believed and did the will of the Father.
It's not by being the Birth mother of Christ or by being in the genealogy of Christ but by doing the will of the Father, believing in Him.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO: 1) Know that our link with God can only be severed by sin on earth, death cannot sever the link. Our link to earth and all we've acquired on it is severed by death.

2) Jesus mentioned who his true family (i.e. the Church) was. My brother, sister and mother (i.e. his family) are those who do the will of the Father.

3) When people called him son of David, he told them that David called him Lord, how then is he David's son. (Matthew 23:43-45) Mary also called Jesus, Lord (She was among the early Christian as recorded in Acts) so how then is he Mary' son?

4) He already knew his father, the one who sent him but opened the door for us to join and populate the family. For us to become sons and daughters of God by obedience.

5) When Jesus was appointing disciples, he told them leave their family relations and follow him. The church is Christ's family i.e. we (believers/Christians/his followers) are his bride.

6) Mary became a family member by believing in him not by giving birth to him.

7) In heaven nothing like Papa Nonso or Mama Pius, all we'll see is the big family of God united in Christ.

cool Earthly ties die on earth but the things of God is perfected in heaven.

9) Mary's "mothership" is not going to extend to heaven. Why? Because
a) Jesus said those who obey his father's will are his family (not those who gave birth to him),
b) She is a mere human like you and I who was favoured,
c)she accepted Christ like you and I which made her become a member of the family,
d) She died like you and I and will rise to reign with Christ just like all those who stay faithful till death,
e) Even while on earth Jesus never called her mother, though people called him Son of Mary. He also never called David his father though people called him Son of David. He never called himself a man though he was referred to as the Son of Man.
f) If not for salvation, Mary won't make heaven. It's not because she gave birth to God in human form but because she believed and did the will of the Father.
It's not by being the Birth mother of Christ or by being in the genealogy of Christ but by doing the will of the Father, believing in Him.

Thank you. These are you own understanding of the whole thing. Your interpretation! Just like thousands of others have their own interpretation of that same bible if not why do we have one million and one different churches? different doctrines?
Who is right? who is wrong? Let us wait for the last day? Don't force your interpretation on me. Supposing you are wrong? Or are you saying you can never be wrong?

What I am trying to say is this you are only following what your pastor or your church tells you. If for any reason you leave that church tomorrow and go to another as most of you are prone to do from time to time, you will begin to accept a different doctrine.

So don't bother yourself too much about Catholic and Mary because that is their own believe and it is working for them. On the last day if God himself say it is not like that, well, that is for us to worry about. For now this is how we have choosen to serve God
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:

Thank you. This are you own understanding of the whole thing. Your interpretation! Just like thousands of others have their own interpretation of that same bible if not why do we have one million and one different churches? different doctrines?
Who is right? who is wrong? Let us wait for the last day? Don't force your interpretation on me. Supposing you are wrong? Or are you saying you can never be wrong?

What I am trying to say is this you are only following what your pastor or your church tells you. If for any reason you leave that church tomorrow and go to another as most of you are prone to do from time to time, you will begin to accept a different doctrine.

So don't bother yourself too much about Catholic and Mary because that is their own believe and it is working for them. On the last day if God himself say it is not like that, well, that is for us to worry about. For now this is how we have choosen to serve God
How many times do I have to tell you I don't follow the doctrines of men unlike you , the Pope's zombie.
Air you own views about what I posted. Let's know what you understand by it.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
How many times do I have to tell you I don't follow the doctrines of men unlike you , the Pope's zombie.
Air you own views about what I posted. Let's know what you understand by it.

Sorry, I don't follow the pope but i will rather follow him than follow the Nigeria man of god. I don't belief that Almighty God is worshipped in Nigeria. I belief that Satan is in charge in nigeria and that all those your god of men are Satan agents. They are in Nigeria to cause confussion hence you see no progress whatsoever irrespective of how many 'born-again' christians you claim to have. Irrespective of your prayers, fasting., tithe paying, sowing of seeds.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:

Sorry, I don't follow the pope but i will rather follow him than follow the Nigeria man of god. I don't belief that Almighty God is worshipped in Nigeria. I belief that Satan is in charge in nigeria and that all those your god of men are Satan agents. They are in Nigeria to cause confussion hence you see no progress whatsoever irrespective of how many 'born-again' christians you claim to have. Irrespective of your prayers, fasting., tithe paying, sowing of seeds.
Ok, Mr. hater. I've told you my stand.
You failed to air your view concerning what I wrote.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Zikkyy(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:
I belief that Satan is in charge in nigeria and that all those your god of men are Satan agents. They are in Nigeria to cause confussion hence you see no progress whatsoever irrespective of how many 'born-again' christians you claim to have.

My brother, i don't think it's ideal to call anybody satan's agent whether Pope or Pastor unless you have 100% proof that the person is actually one.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Demainman1: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:

Why do you call me mr hater? I told you my stand. I said I am a Catholic. I belief in the simplicity of being a Catholic. I belief in the humility displayed by Catholics. I simply follow Jesus commandment to LOVE that's all. I don't go reading and re-reading the whole bible when I already have LOVE. I don't care about riches and all that prosperity thingy. All I want is my daily bread and some more to train the kids thats all.

I don't have the strenght to run from one god of man or another. May God's will be done in my life in your life too.

In any case i am going out now to have a good time. it's my company anniversary so we wan go celebrate. Have a good weekend.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 6:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
Demain_man:

Why do you call me mr hater? I told you my stand. I said I am a Catholic. I belief in the simplicity of being a Catholic. I belief in the humility displayed by Catholics. I simply follow Jesus commandment to LOVE that's all. I don't go reading and re-reading the whole bible when I already have LOVE. I don't care about riches and all that prosperity thingy. All I want is my daily bread and some more to train the kids thats all.

I don't have the strenght to run from one god of man or another. May God's will be done in my life in your life too.

In any case i am going out now to have a good time. it's my company anniversary so we wan go celebrate. Have a good weekend.
Ok. Sorry for calling you hater though you sounded like one.
Go have fun now cause I can still see you down there.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Boomark(m): 11:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
Who's this?
Let me address the Psalm 45 issue
The details of the Psalm clearly pictures an earthly wedding of the King of Israel. And it in no way conforms to the marriage supper of the Lamb in Rev. 10:1-10
Read the whole Psalm and understand it.

My dear you get sense. Teach them. Syncan quoted Ps 45:6-9 and he is happy, after performing cut and join surgery. Even when he did not understand what he quote cos he never reads.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
Boomark:

My dear you get sense. Teach them. Syncan quoted Ps 45:6-9 and he is happy, after performing cut and join surgery. Even when he did not understand what he quote cos he never reads.

Lord teach me to keep my mouth shut,until I know what I'm talking about.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by woky: 11:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
vickyO:
what u wrote was wrong!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by vickyO(f): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2013
woky: what u wrote was wrong!
Then tell me what's right!
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by truthislight: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
Syncan:

Who is God to you? Slave of heaven or King of heaven? You complain of "twisting" scripture, who is "twisting" meanings now?

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir". Psalm 45:6-9.

How is this queen, exulted above this king?

Are those all the imformation you got from that Psalm 45:6-9 ?

See:

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad. Kings’ daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir." (Psalm 45:6-9).

Can you now read it again ?

How did you read it to arrived at this below ? :

Syncan:

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre...upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir". Psalm 45:6-9.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by truthislight: 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2013
Syncan:

Thanks VickyO. Note that I never said anything about a wedding, nor did I talk of Rev 10. All I did was Point to psalm 45:6 as a prophecy of God the father talking to the Son about his Scepter and throne. This could only happen in heaven. In verse Nine it talked about the queen sitting at the right of the Son. I supported this with Hebrews showing that It was God, talking to His Son. For in that Hebrews, God also addressed the angels. You may want to re-trace the genesis of this my post.

i wander how you red that to arrive at those on red.

Did you also get that from the book of Hebrews ?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by truthislight: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
Demain_man:

So who is that queen? You?

What the bible took from that psalms is that the throne of Jesus is the Throne of God according to that Hebrews, unless you want us to take every thing written on that chapter as prophesy, in that case, you have to show evidence for such from the NT.

If what you are telling us is a prophesy, dont you think the bible NT should let us know ?

Did the Holy spirit forgot to include such in the NT ?

When a verse in OT is a prophesy, the NT almost always sites it or paraphrased it.

So, come on, show evidence for this.

Peace
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by truthislight: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
Syncan:

Please let's not worry about what theologians say or not. Lets agree that God was talking to His son, and that a queen dressed in ophir was sitting at the Son's right hand. Just as the scripture says.

Do we take all the below as a prophesy or we should take what there are evidence for ?

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad. Kings’ daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir." (Psalm 45:6-9).

The part of that ^ that i have evidence for from the NT as being a prophesy is this on red :

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

8. All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad. Kings’ daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir." (Psalm 45:6-9).

Can you show evidence that vases 8 and 9 is a prophesy ?

I can show that the NT says vases 6 and 7 is a prophesy.

See :

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." (Hebrews 1:8-9).

So, show evidence that vases 8 and 9 is a prophesy.

If you dont, i will accuse you of being a fraud..

Please do.

Peace.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by truthislight: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
Syncan:

Lord teach me to keep my mouth shut,until I know what I'm talking about.

^^^

That your opening of your mouth is what i want now.

Please do and let me know the kind of lord that gives you instructions.

Answer my questions please.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
truthislight:

Are those all the imformation you got from that Psalm 45:6-9 ?

See:

Can you now read it again ?

How did you read it to arrived at this below ? :

Is the bolded, not what I quoted?

Syncan:

Pls point out what is wrong with mine.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
truthislight:

i wander how you red that to arrive at those on red.

Did you also get that from the book of Hebrews ?

Sarcasm leads no one anywhere. Tell me what is wrong with it. God was not addressing the son, or the Queen was not at the son's right hand?
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
truthislight:

Do we take all the below as a prophesy or we should take what there are evidence for ?

The part of that ^ that i have evidence for from the NT as being a prophesy is this on red :

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

8. All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad. Kings’ daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir." (Psalm 45:6-9).

Can you show evidence that vases 8 and 9 is a prophesy ?

I can show that the NT says vases 6 and 7 is a prophesy.

See :

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." (Hebrews 1:8-9).

So, show evidence that vases 8 and 9 is a prophesy.

If you dont, i will accuse you of being a fraud..

Please do.

Peace.

Call me a fraud if it makes you sleep well.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
truthislight:

^^^

That your opening of your mouth is what i want now.

Please do and let me know the kind of lord that gives you instructions.

Answer my questions please.

That prayer is for the one who made the post I quoted, you especially will benefit from it, for your words so far, dear friend ,have been uncharitable to me.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by truthislight: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2013
Syncan:

Call me a fraud if it makes you sleep well.

actually, i had wanted to do just that but for the words on red on your post below.

Why on earth will you refused to show evidence for taking an aspect of the OT to be a prophesy without evidence of it and its fulfillment on the NT ?

I will let this one slide for now, but if it becomes an harbit like it is with those projecting tithing for christians, the next course of action is obviouse.

Syncan:

That prayer is for the one who made the post I quoted, you especially will benefit from it, for your words so far, dear friend ,have been uncharitable to me.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by Syncan(m): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
truthislight:

actually, i had wanted to do just that but for the words on red on your post below.

Why on earth will you refused to show evidence for taking an aspect of the OT to be a prophesy without evidence of it and its fulfillment on the NT ?

I will let this one slide for now, but if it becomes an harbit like it is with those projecting tithing for christians, the next course of action is obviouse.

Here is my response to you. Lk 23:9.
Re: The Rosary Consists Of 53 Repetitious Prayers To Mary And 6 To God by truthislight: 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
Syncan:

Here is my response to you. Lk 23:9.

"Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing." (Luke 23:9).

Ok, better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Descendants Of Noah: Our World Today / Who Is This Allah? (forward And Preface) / Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.