Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire (31367 Views)

Monarch Unleash Terror On Erhurun Uneme Over Limestone Sold To Dangote In Edo / 65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / One Stabbed To Death As Cult Members Clash Over Red Socks (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 22, 2013
This Obokun yi sha!? I don dey fear sef!
Well, no weapon fashiond against me shall prosper, amen!
I shall live long!
Good tins follow me, i reject HIV in Jesus name! Amen
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by OneNaira6: 12:50am On Nov 22, 2013
Now that is just wrong.
Who the f2k burns his/her own monarch. Alive at that.
SMH @ this story. Just SMH
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by tohsin94(m): 12:53am On Nov 22, 2013
5points: This Obokun yi sha!? I don dey fear sef!
Well, no weapon fashiond against me shall prosper, amen!
I shall live long!
Good tins follow me, i reject HIV in Jesus name! Amen

you just scored an offside goal......,SMH
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 22, 2013
tohsin94:

you just scored an offside goal......,SMH
yiwo soun jare, allow ma prayers to be ansad
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by DadLolade(m): 1:00am On Nov 22, 2013
IF THIS IS TRUE THEN IT IS A SACRILLAGE !!!

Ah !

Let All the 21 Ancient Elder of the land be awakened for a dangerous revenge on the perpetrators to 10th generations.

Let them all be striked within the next 14days

the oracle has spoken!

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by manny4life(m): 2:17am On Nov 22, 2013
snika: RIP to the dead ruler.

I now understand the unquantifiable mass of respect traditional rulers in the western part of the Niger are accorded with by their subjects. And that explains why some of my friends from the west were right here on Nairaland supporting a polititian who carried out his rally when a monarch in the east was celebrating his ofala, same town, same day.

I mean this: www.nairaland.com/1470660/obi-onitsha-curses-ngige-apc

Talk about sarcasm, on point.

RIP to the Monarch, this cowardly act is despicable and the community shouldn't take this incident likely.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Funjosh(m): 3:11am On Nov 22, 2013
OK.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by bootlegaz: 3:15am On Nov 22, 2013
Barbaric Africans. Makes me wonder what is the need of churches and Mosque littered all over the country.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by dnawah(m): 3:16am On Nov 22, 2013
I think he was killed and d body was burnt.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by misterjosh(m): 3:40am On Nov 22, 2013
smileyHmm detective dnawahsmiley
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Reallandmark: 4:04am On Nov 22, 2013
Even the once revered traditional stool has gone to dogs too.As soon as that goes,nigeria will be come a no man's land like somalia.It is the only remaining meaningful fibre that seems to be holding nigerians together at the moment.

Politics is a failed game in nigeria and the only thing ordinary man relates with that gives him a sense of belonging is his grassroot(traditions).When that is gone,it will be replaced by war lords like in yemen,afganistan and somalia.[/quote]
bootlegaz: Barbaric Africans. Makes me wonder what is the need of churches and Mosque littered all over the country.
[quote author=redsun]Even the once revered traditional stool has gone to dogs too.As soon as that goes,nigeria will be come a no man's land like somalia.It is the only remaining meaningful fibre that seems to be holding nigerians together at the moment.

Politics is a failed game in nigeria and the only thing ordinary man relates with that gives him a sense of belonging is his grassroot(traditions).When that is gone,it will be replaced by war lords like in yemen,afganistan and somalia. Hu knos whether he has promised support for more dan two strong politicians widout fulfilling same. So dey now enter for me.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by 9jagirl4re(f): 4:18am On Nov 22, 2013
redsun: Even the once revered traditional stool has gone to dogs too.As soon as that goes,nigeria will be come a no man's land like somalia.It is the only remaining meaningful fibre that seems to be holding nigerians together at the moment.

Politics is a failed game in nigeria and the only thing ordinary man relates with that gives him a sense of belonging is his grassroot(traditions).When that is gone,it will be replaced by war lords like in yemen,afganistan and somalia.
what do you call the political leaders of these parties our Nigerian parties if not war loads, or the leaders themselves finishing money for personal gains ment for the masses. The reasons we are not like the mentioned countries is that the masses have continued to take the beating but one day I suspect a large part of the population will resist when they see that the party and tribe affiliation was just a way to keep the masses confused and fighting each other instead of the enemy!
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by dheaven: 5:33am On Nov 22, 2013
Since the man is blind it may be there are some people that wants to take over from him but he refused to die. But little did they know that takin such a position by force is risky.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 22, 2013
that's respect for elders

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Zuz0512(f): 5:49am On Nov 22, 2013
israel007: What a horrible way to die. RIP

Not really. Victims of arson usually die from d effects of Carbonmonoxide & nt burns as d smoke overtakes them first so usually,dey're 'knocked-out' before d fire gets to them.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 22, 2013
And it happened right there in ilesha, the governors home town. That's an insult to his office and i can't even imagine what the people of that town are going through at the moment. This is a big slap to the Yoruba race as well, A king assassinated in Yoruba land.

What is happening in Nigeria, bad news everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by emmabest2000(m): 5:53am On Nov 22, 2013
RIP
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Oyiboman69: 5:58am On Nov 22, 2013
'May God Help Us'
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by LadyH(f): 6:22am On Nov 22, 2013
#deeeep
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by gratiaeo(m): 6:33am On Nov 22, 2013
Why do people in this country do things with impunity? Where is this country heading to? When can we open up Nigerian news to read good news of inventions, innovations, scientific accomplishments, progress in infrastructural development, educational achievement, etc. all we read about is carnage, killings, kidnapping, terrorism, ritual killings, extortion, massive fraud, human trafficking. Is there any hope in this nation?
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by StevenJay01(m): 6:34am On Nov 22, 2013
From a reliable source!I was told the old man had refused to die having stayed too long in on the throne hence the need to assist his passage to the great beyond.its a pity he had to die that way.
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by moscobabs(m): 6:38am On Nov 22, 2013
wicked world.they killed the blind monarch.But Op did u confirm the incident yourself.cos I was told the Oba was kidnapped
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 22, 2013
Hmm. THIS ONE IS STRONG
Re: Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire by moscobabs(m): 6:42am On Nov 22, 2013
if say may for north this kind thing happen then go say na boko haram. wetin we want call this now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10-Year-Old Armed Robber Arrested In Bayelsa, Confesses (Photo) / DPO Battered By Female UBA Banker In Lagos Hospitalised / Two Arrested For Offering Police Officer N500,000 Bribe In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.