Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,598 members, 7,958,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) (27245 Views)

Is Transcorp Hotel IPO Worth Buying? Honest Opinion Pls / Bought Transcorp Shares With My School Fees: Mistake? / Transcorp Po Finally Opens At 7.50! Opinions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by chemicstein: 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
Your revelations here sound irrational...I have plans of establishing a holding company wch would be into investments in stocks and bonds....is the share price not determined by forces of demand and supply again? What do you mean by pump and dump...plz enlighten me more...is stock trding in NSE not straight forward?
def lover: dont be fooled my people in investing its called pump and dump.........its a legal way to steal your money.....they take it up and later cash in once your money is in and re-buy it again wen it has dropped ............one question u should ask is wat is transcorp offering apart from d transcorp hiton hotel wey i dey spend my money too on wen i go there....they have no investment ....dey tell u dey are into agriculture, real estate, oil and gas dat dey have lost d oil blocks wen yaradua became president..........so tell me wat are dey into other than to manipulate stocks.....when you understand the game u will see clear......wats the P.E ratio of the stock....let me let u knw dat P.E ration mins d debt:equity of a stock .......meaning how much do they owe d bank and how much asset do they have.....wateva it is if its above 2 it means it will take u 2yrs to double ur money......i am smarter in this game even if i have lost a fortune......i tell u cos i dont want any of u to go tru wat i went tru...... sad sad sad angry angry angry
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by debeey87(m): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover: na devil go soda their yansh .........from dangote to indi okereke to all of dem......dey sold us a lie....i bought 68,000 unit for 512,000 naira at 7naira 50 kobo and it was quoted at 9naira seventy-one kobo but wat happened it nose dived to 50kobo even wen i wanted out they refuse to dematerialize till i was able to get out at 1naira 40 kobo now they are pumping it again to fool people so later they will dump it....dont be fooled....one thing they have is control....you as an investor dont have control over the shares.....i am now a skilled investor and i will neva touch nigerian stocks again.....if its not online trading i wont touch it angry angry angry angry angry

Sorry to say def lover but i would say you were not a smart investor. There is nothing to be decieved about the NSE. With the little I know, news drive the Market. Look at what happened to Forte Oil on the news of its acquisition of another power generating station. The price soared from less that 20 naira to 109. That's what the capital market is all about, be smart.

I blamed my self for not buying FO in May when it was 14naira even if it was 1000 units, I would have made over 100k now from 14000 pere. Thank God I bought Transcorp sha. I just dey folo the price jejely as he dey go up. I don't know much about the market o, but at least, God has given me wisdom to make some little decsion, same goes for Oando

Congrats to Mr Tony. I wished I bought more than I bought in Transcorp because even my broker told me there is a long queue waiting to buy and the reason is simply because people have seen a big window of opportunity in the Power sector.

For those who might think I have not lost money, I sure have but maybe not as much as you have. But thats the way the game is. Even Baba Buffet has lost millions of dollars investing but he is still called the Ifa of Omaha and he is still investing.

My advise is: Be watchful of the market, when others are panicking, shook our head carefully to see if their reason for running is actually worth it. If not, allow them to run very well and just jejely buy and cross legged and be waiting.

Cheers
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
debeey87:

Sorry to say def lover but i would say you were not a smart investor. There is nothing to be decieved about the NSE. With the little I know, news drive the Market. Look at what happened to Forte Oil on the news of its acquisition of another power generating station. The price soared from less that 20 naira to 109. That's what the capital market is all about, be smart.

I blamed my self for not buying FO in May when it was 14naira even if it was 1000 units, I would have made over 100k now from 14000 pere. Thank God I bought Transcorp sha. I just dey folo the price jejely as he dey go up. I don't know much about the market o, but at least, God has given me wisdom to make some little decsion, same goes for Oando

Congrats to Mr Tony. I wished I bought more than I bought in Transcorp because even my broker told me there is a long queue waiting to buy and the reason is simply because people have seen a big window of opportunity in the Power sector.

For those who might think I have not lost money, I sure have but maybe not as much as you have. But thats the way the game is. Even Baba Buffet has lost millions of dollars investing but he is still called the Ifa of Omaha and he is still investing.

My advise is: Be watchful of the market, when others are panicking, shook our head carefully to see if their reason for running is actually worth it. If not, allow them to run very well and just jejely buy and cross legged and be waiting.

Cheers

plz read my post well before u classify me.....all this i said happened pre 2008 crash....i knew nothing then....so all i say no is for today stocks....dont use wat happened wen i was a dummy to say i am not smart now...all i am saying now are things i learnt now.....so plz 2008 is diff from 2013 def lover

2 Likes

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
lancee:

Good for you , not ready to sell now .. some investors I know are just picking it up at this price 5.89k .. The stockbroker couldn't meet up with their orders
I'm planning to sell cos its almost December now and most investors will be looking forward to sell and get their profit thereby making the stock to fall back in price. That's what I'm avoiding,a fallback in price therefore making me loose both the profit and my money.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
chemicstein: Your revelations here sound irrational...I have plans of establishing a holding company wch would be into investments in stocks and bonds....is the share price not determined by forces of demand and supply again? What do you mean by pump and dump...plz enlighten me more...is stock trding in NSE not straight forward?

it is determined by greed and fear......supply and demand is wat they tell u in their books......like i said you will need to learn the language of investors to make money in the market......their are terms you will have to understand and define for urself......i have a company too but i knw wat it means now to trade wit the langauge of an investor......supply and demand only works when fear and greed is present wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by lancee(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
kolidave: I'm planning to sell cos its almost December now and most investors will be looking forward to sell and get their profit thereby making the stock to fall back in price. That's what I'm avoiding,a fallback in price therefore making me loose both the profit and my money.

I gat you ,every investor must have a target and a limit ..

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
chemicstein: Your revelations here sound irrational...I have plans of establishing a holding company wch would be into investments in stocks and bonds....is the share price not determined by forces of demand and supply again? What do you mean by pump and dump...plz enlighten me more...is stock trding in NSE not straight forward?

it is determined by greed and fear......supply and demand is wat they tell u in their books......like i said you will need to learn the language of investors to make money in the market......their are terms you will have to understand and define for urself......i have a company too but i knw wat it means now to trade wit the langauge of an investor......supply and demand only works when fear and greed is present wink wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
lancee:

I gat you ,every investor must have a target and a limit ..

nope every investor must define the word long term ......is long term 1 month to u or 1 week or 1year.....thats hwo to invest.....define your words

kolidave: I'm planning to sell cos its almost December now and most investors will be looking forward to sell and get their profit thereby making the stock to fall back in price. That's what I'm avoiding,a fallback in price therefore making me loose both the profit and my money.

now you are using a trading tool called market close ......you see how with the names you will begin to follow the smart money and not the dummy money wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover:

nope every investor must define the word long term ......is long term 1 month to u or 1 week or 1year.....thats hwo to invest.....define your words

now you are using a trading tool called market close ......you see how with the names you will begin to follow the smart money and not the dummy money wink wink wink wink wink
nice one. 'every investor must define long term'. Really? Market close?
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
kolidave: nice one. 'every investor must define long term'. Really? Market close?

yes its called market close......and wen the new year comes it will be market open or we also call it the opening call.....then you will also knw the high and low of the year to know if its on a resistance point or support point so you can know when to enter or come out......besides you will also need to learn terms like double top/double bottom......swing low and swing high.......rally or bearish..... ranging or side ways....once you understand the language investing has become easy...... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by chemicstein: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nigga aswear..you are a confused man......you speak like one of those annoying classmates claiming I too know I used to detest back then in the university
def lover:

it is determined by greed and fear......supply and demand is wat they tell u in their books......like i said you will need to learn the language of investors to make money in the market......their are terms you will have to understand and define for urself......i have a company too but i knw wat it means now to trade wit the langauge of an investor......supply and demand only works when fear and greed is present wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
chemicstein: Nigga aswear..you are a confused man......you speak like one of those annoying classmates claiming I too know I used to detest back then in the university

u see d problem.....u believe is supply and demand.....i say its fear and greed.....we maybe saying the same things but ur words and mine are different......like they tell us ur house is an asset in accounting but in the real world ur house u live in is a liability becos it doesnt bring in cashflow.....the key thing is words.....wat do they mean to u.......u call me confused .....i call you newbie........learn the words of investing.........it will help you.....i was once like you
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by stevecantrell: 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover: na devil go soda their yansh .........from dangote to indi okereke to all of dem......dey sold us a lie....i bought 68,000 unit for 512,000 naira at 7naira 50 kobo and it was quoted at 9naira seventy-one kobo but wat happened it nose dived to 50kobo even wen i wanted out they refuse to dematerialize till i was able to get out at 1naira 40 kobo now they are pumping it again to fool people so later they will dump it....dont be fooled....one thing they have is control....you as an investor dont have control over the shares.....i am now a skilled investor and i will neva touch nigerian stocks again.....if its not online trading i wont touch it angry angry angry angry angry

Ha ha ! You got burned !
Nigerian stocks are rife with insider manipulation. We made millllllions in 2005-2007 but I will neva go back after the 2008 disaster.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by akpos4uall(m): 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
Fadelex: he's being used to front... we all knows obasanjo has d largest share in transcorp. how on earth do u wanna tell people not to steal? when u see our future looted by few people u cannot help but lose hope. everything in Nigeria has been privatized by our useless leaders education, power, telecom, transport, industry and so on. I give up

I've heard that before. There must be some elements of truth in it but I think privitization is the way forward. It is just that those in power find a way to do it so that when they leave power, they are still there controlling one of the privitized stuff.

Biggoozz:

Oga, they gave the practical reasons for the surge, did you read the story? If that private power generation project does well, that stock is on its way to over N100 per share.
No mind am. He no do he assignment well.

def lover: dont be fooled my people in investing its called pump and dump.........its a legal way to steal your money.....they take it up and later cash in once your money is in and re-buy it again wen it has dropped ............one question u should ask is wat is transcorp offering apart from d transcorp hiton hotel wey i dey spend my money too on wen i go there....they have no investment ....dey tell u dey are into agriculture, real estate, oil and gas dat dey have lost d oil blocks wen yaradua became president..........so tell me wat are dey into other than to manipulate stocks.....when you understand the game u will see clear......wats the P.E ratio of the stock....let me let u knw dat P.E ration mins d debt:equity of a stock .......meaning how much do they owe d bank and how much asset do they have.....wateva it is if its above 2 it means it will take u 2yrs to double ur money......i am smarter in this game even if i have lost a fortune......i tell u cos i dont want any of u to go tru wat i went tru...... sad sad sad angry angry angry

I didn't know much about Transcorp until recently. She may not be into any thing but as far as the now privitized Ughelli Power Plc is concerned, Transcorp is now in charge. Judging by the reactions of staff from it and what I've heard from them, a change is on the way. It is also the reason why there is such a change on her shares value.
Life is all about risk you know. Play it well and it will work out well for you. Btw I don't know much about the stock market. I'm a newbie
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
steve_cantrell:

Ha ha ! You got burned !
Nigerian stocks are rife with insider manipulation. We made millllllions in 2005-2007 but I will neva go back after the 2008 disaster.

thanks for telling them the truth i didnt want to share............lol
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by kolidave: 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover:

yes its called market close......and wen the new year comes it will be market open or we also call it the opening call.....then you will also knw the high and low of the year to know if its on a resistance point or support point so you can know when to enter or come out......besides you will also need to learn terms like double top/double bottom......swing low and swing high.......rally or bearish..... ranging or side ways....once you understand the language investing has become easy...... grin grin grin grin grin grin
woww I'm still a novice oooo nutin close to an amateur. Means I still ave a lot to learn
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
akpos4uall:

I've heard that before. There must be some elements of truth in it but I think privitization is the way forward. It is just that those in power find a way to do it so that when they leave power, they are still there controlling one of the privitized stuff.

No mind am. He no do he assignment well.

I didn't know much about Transcorp until recently. She may not be into any thing but as far as the now privitized Ughelli Power Plc is concerned, Transcorp is now in charge. Judging by the reactions of staff from it and what I've heard from them, a change is on the way. It is also the reason why there is such a change on her shares value.
Life is all about risk you know. Play it well and it will work out well for you. Btw I don't know much about the stock market. I'm a newbie

guy leave dat tin.........didnt obj sell refinery to transcorp way back b4 he left office......didnt transcorp have oil blocks.....wat did yaradua do wen he came in......sell all u can .....once power change hand greed of the new powers dat be will take it back.....nija is not ready for political stability.........i didnt say i was good pre-2008 i said i was a newbie.......well if you guys want lies for the new Cinderella transcorp be my guess ..... tongue tongue tongue

i will speak as i have known.........thanks for all the calls coming in from nija and USA telling me i am wonderful .......at least i am telling people the truth wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Deston2(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
This is not had work But Gods favour.............................I'm looking up for my soon next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
Deston2: This is not had work But Gods favour.............................I'm looking up for my soon next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o yeah......another dreamer calling God.....soon you all will give dem national awards and make him a deacon in church since god obj and god elites made him rich..........lol wake up and smell the coffee .......there is no God in the game of investing...........only greed and fear grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by akpos4uall(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
def lover:

guy leave dat tin.........didnt obj sell refinery to transcorp way back b4 he left office......didnt transcorp have oil blocks.....wat did yaradua do wen he came in......sell all u can .....once power change hand greed of the new powers dat be will take it back.....nija is not ready for political stability.........i didnt say i was good pre-2008 i said i was a newbie.......well if you guys want lies for the new Cinderella transcorp be my guess ..... tongue tongue tongue

i will speak as i have known.........thanks for all the calls coming in from nija and USA telling me i am wonderful .......at least i am telling people the truth wink wink wink wink wink wink

Don't get me wrong mate. I agree with what you're pointing out here. Like I said before, I'm a newbie as far as the stock market is concerned. I've not even been there but I understand the language as you've pointed out as well as the kind of system our nation Nigeria operates. Control, long/short term, fear, greed, cashflow, so far its not fetching you cash on a regular basis your house is a liability etc
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
akpos4uall:

Don't get me wrong mate. I agree with what you're pointing out here. Like I said before, I'm a newbie as far as the stock market is concerned. I've not even been there but I understand the language as you've pointed out as well as the kind of system our nation Nigeria operates. Control, long/short term, fear, greed, cashflow, so far its not fetching you cash on a regular basis your house is a liability etc

i see you do.....investing is a language .......the graph always tells the story
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by beejaay: 12:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Promhize:

Dude, if you want to go into investment go and read books on investment, use google, their are a lot of materials available.

read Benjamin Graham's investment anlysis and intelligent investor, don't let someone teach you nonsense. Benjamin Graham was Warren Buffet's teacher so go read his books.

Don't let someone here tell you nonsense because he lost money, there's no sure/certain profitable investments you can only learn, make calculated risks and reduce your chances of loosing money.

bros you cant learn investment in a book else u will sold a snow when its free.Investment knowledge is all around us and all u have to do is observer and u will see.if u like read 1000 books

Promhize:

I can assure you that guy will lead you nowhere, I told you today, he did not even learn one of the most basic things in investing "when a share is at its lowest it can only go up". This guy invests with his heart, emotions not everyone can be an investor, Warren buffet did make his billions in the nonsense this guy is talking about.

Investing is not about knowing charts and tables, if so, economists would be the richest people on earth. Great economists have lost millions of dollars in US not just theirs but even other peoples money.

what is this one saying are u for real?someone is trying to show you the rope and u are crying like a baby..... @all deflover is only saying the real truth and nothing but the truth

this is 2013 not 1980s buy and hold dont work again...we are out of that era...all stocks fluctuate now and eventually leaving you wit no profit factor aka PE ratio...the rule now is make what u can make and get out(DONT BUY AND HOLD RATHER BUY AND SELL THEM AGAIN)
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by beejaay: 12:04am On Nov 23, 2013
akpos4uall:

Check this out. As far as the value of the shares be right now, no be lie o

looking at this graph i can never buy it again, if it like it should go to 100naira from here (this is not 80s but 2013)...stock markets across the world is without control and can be manipulated anytime thats why its not safe for average trade to trade ordinary shares cos in the end nothing comes home....the graph movement is too steep and whatever goes up like that in the stock market crash like shit.dont say we didnt tell u ooooo

@def lover tanks for enlightening people down here...many people have fallen pray for the buy and hold syndrome by the so call expert
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by klassic(m): 12:29am On Nov 23, 2013
before we thank any body,let's try and answer this fundamental question. Are you sure they are not stampeding their shares? cos I feel they are doing exactly the same thing Dangote & co did to afribank (as it then was). suddenly the shares went up and were told all mater of cock and bull stories. not knowing that Dangote &co were busy stock piling afribank shares. When it rose to a certain point cos there was high demand and thus d shares became scarce, they sold and the shares crashed more than mere words could explain.Of cos he got. away with it though it is a criminal offence. So when these so called..... try to sell this cock and bull story to u, think twice before handing our hard earned cash to them. Do the maths. thank u.

1 Like

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 23, 2013
beejaay:

bros you cant learn investment in a book else u will sold a snow when its free.Investment knowledge is all around us and all u have to do is observer and u will see.if u like read 1000 books

what is this one saying are u for real?someone is trying to show you the rope and u are crying like a baby..... @all deflover is only saying the real truth and nothing but the truth

this is 2013 not 1980s buy and hold dont work again...we are out of that era...all stocks fluctuate now and eventually leaving you wit no profit factor aka PE ratio...the rule now is make what u can make and get out(DONT BUY AND HOLD RATHER BUY AND SELL THEM AGAIN)

Hahaha, all you have to do is observe" haha can't believe this poo came out someone's mouth.

I've no argument to make, whatever you think is right do. Buy stock today sell tomorrow, I don't give a damn.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:25am On Nov 23, 2013
Promhize:

Hahaha, all you have to do is observe" haha can't believe this poo came out someone's mouth.

I've no argument to make, whatever you think is right do. Buy stock today sell tomorrow, I don't give a damn.

really u laff at people's hard earned money.....all they have to do is observe......thats your entry strategy....u want people to follow that....use ur trading tool OBSERVE.....now i see you are a super gambler and a bad one at it.......

you cant tell the difference btw a stock and baby poo....you observe if its watery or thick right and you buy baby poo thinking you bought a stock... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

please as i said dont follow all this broker's toys.......like they say ONLY IN WALL STREET A MAN WILL DRIVE IN WITH A LIMOUSINE AND HAND IS MONEY OVER TO A PERSON THAT TOOK THE TRAIN TO WALL STREET...... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this people are here to mislead you......because of people like this i will start a blog today and begin to show those that want to trade how to do it with information cheesy wink wink wink wink
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deflover(m): 6:36am On Nov 23, 2013
Besides what people here dont know is that there a two types of share.........ordinary share and preferred share...

ordinary share they sell to you and i so if the company goes under we will loose all our money tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

but they have access to preferred share so wen the company fails they sell the properties of the company and pay themselves back so who is the fool here grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by incrediblestev: 7:32am On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

really u laff at people's hard earned money.....all they have to do is observe......thats your entry strategy....u want people to follow that....use ur trading tool OBSERVE.....now i see you are a super gambler and a bad one at it.......

you cant tell the difference btw a stock and baby poo....you observe if its watery or thick right and you buy baby poo thinking you bought a stock... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

please as i said dont follow all this broker's toys.......like they say ONLY IN WALL STREET A MAN WILL DRIVE IN WITH A LIMOUSINE AND HAND IS MONEY OVER TO A PERSON THAT TOOK THE TRAIN TO WALL STREET...... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this people are here to mislead you......because of people like this i will start a blog today and begin to show those that want to trade how to do it with information cheesy wink wink wink wink
You seem to assume that you are the only one here that has the knowledge of how stocks and shares work. .lol..what a folly. You are not the only one that has lost money in stocks and shares, stop ranting and writing as if you know better than everyone else, it is getting annoying.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by incrediblestev: 7:32am On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

You seem to assume that you are the only one here that has the knowledge of how stocks and shares work. .lol..what a folly. You are not the only one that has lost money in stocks and shares, stop ranting and writing as if you know better than everyone else, it is getting annoying.
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2013
@def lover: this people are here to mislead you......because of people like this i will start a blog today and begin to show those that want to trade how to do it with information

Looking forwad to that and thanks you are talking sense ordinary vs prefered shares etc
Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by deenee: 10:13am On Nov 23, 2013
Herd mentality at work again. Meanwhile smart investors like Tony and Co probably snatched up Transcorp shares when it was trading at 50kobo. (I have about 10million units of transcorp all bought when it was trading at 50 kobo). Funny thing though is that a lot of people actually saw this coming but were not quick to act. I can recall that it has been in the news for at least a year that Transcorp and Forte Oil were amongst the preferred bidders for some of the PHCN assets. Transcorp is also a strategic partnership Hilton Worldwide to build about five hotels around the country. Total outstanding shares available for sale is about 40billion. This frenzy was actually started by foreign investors who sat on the fence all through the privatization process and are rushing to take early positions in some of this coys at all cost given the successful completion of phase one of the privatization process.

Currently the share is trading within the over bought region and over priced but I guess we can never tell how far man's greed and avarice can take him so therefore people will continue to demand for transcorp shares no matter the cost.

Well I have started off loading my own shares in tranches to take an early profit.

My best advice is this: the best way to make quick money in the Nigeria stock market is to BET against it (buy when everyone is selling and sell when every one is buying)

2 Likes

Re: How Tony Elumelu Made $123 Million In 3 Weeks (Transcorp Shares) by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 23, 2013
def lover:

it is determined by greed and fear......supply and demand is wat they tell u in their books......like i said you will need to learn the language of investors to make money in the market......their are terms you will have to understand and define for urself......i have a company too but i knw wat it means now to trade wit the langauge of an investor......supply and demand only works when fear and greed is present wink wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
hmm greed and fear. odikwa very risky! really serious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? / Classic 3bedroom Bungalow/flat Architectural Design For Half Plot Of Land / China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.