Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153870 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Marpol: 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2019
sooperrescue:

2010 model.

Does the dashboard of the 2010 Range Rover Sport crack?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
Marpol:

Does the dashboard of the 2010 Range Rover Sport crack?
No as it is Leather surface
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Marpol: 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
erico2k2:

No as it is Leather surface

Thanks for the update.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:06am On Jun 20, 2019
Marpol:

Thanks for the update.
it does not crack but it pulls out from the windshield and the speed clock goes blank especially in the middle of the screen. Sun matter
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Marpol: 6:04am On Jun 20, 2019
sooperrescue:

it does not crack but it pulls out from the windshield and the speed clock goes blank especially in the middle of the screen. Sun matter

shocked shocked shocked Na wah to this our sun sef!
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by TotoNaRubber: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hi RangeRover Lovers.

Quick question on the later model of Range Rover; I have been asking about the Velar from a dealership and was told the engine size is a 2.0 L, i was amazed at the engine size capacity but my question is does it imply the 2.0L engines are more fuel efficient than the regular Nissan 3.5L engine.

Also, does this imply the Velar with a 2.0L engine is as efficient as a normal toyota car of 2.0L engine, i know this is not likely as the Velar has tubor power charge that zoom fuel consumption quicker.

Someone who could clear this out can pls explain.

If the Velar is that fuel efficient, it is well worth driving on daily basis.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
I have never heard of anyone complaining about the fuel consumption on a range rover before

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by kingreign(m): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
Hi RangeRover Lovers.

Quick question on the later model of Range Rover; I have been asking about the Velar from a dealership and was told the engine size is a 2.0 L, i was amazed at the engine size capacity but my question is does it imply the 2.0L engines are more fuel efficient than the regular Nissan 3.5L engine.

Also, does this imply the Velar with a 2.0L engine is as efficient as a normal toyota car of 2.0L engine, i know this is not likely as the Velar has tubor power charge that zoom fuel consumption quicker.

Someone who could this out can pls explain.

Ahahahahahahaha I laugh in uhrobo. Velar fuel efficient than a Toyota 2.0l engine with that very heavy body? grin

Kun nnam yan sak

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by AutoMoTech(m): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
Hi RangeRover Lovers.

Someone who could clear this out can pls explain.

Allow me to chip in something here. Diesel engines are known to achieve way better MPG than its petrol counterpart. However the gap has been reduced in recent times due to advanced tech in engine development.
Secondly turbocharged engines do not consume more fuel than non-turbos. Rather it produces more power since U have more compressed air insyd the cylinder.
on that note a 2.0L diesel-powered engine plus turbo... baba dts mad power and economy considering the cylinder size (2.0L).
Also sir, pls dont ever put a 2017 rangerover Velar with a koyota kamury even if they have same engine displacement in same sentence biko.... dem nob mates plus they belong to different classes or segments.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
sooperrescue:
Range Rover Sport Overheating

If you want to take care of your car properly.

it is vital that drivers understand the way to maintain the car‘s engine. The majority of vehicle cost is really expensive. Which is undoubtedly a small fortune. when compared with other brands of vehicles.Engine capabilities is normally on a more fantastic range regarding speed,responsiveness ,acceleration, plus braking .

you know the feeling if your car has been running hot.

An overheating engine is more than a bummer, it will leave you on the side of the road if you do not take good care of this good killer,it will be an expensive repair bill.Let us pray that traffic breaks enough for us to get some air flowing over the radiator so that engine temperature needle will go down just a little bit. there are only a few things that commonly cause an engine to overheat regularly.

Possible causes:

–Engine coolant level may be too low.

–There may be a vacuum leak.

–Cylinder head gasket may be bad.

–Engine’s drive belts may be broken or slipping.

–There may be a leak in the cooling system.

–The electric cooling fan may not be coming on.

–The ignition timing may be set wrong.

–The engine may have mechanical problems.

–Range Rover Sport is over loaded or driven too hard.

In some cases your engine may be running fine, and may seem to be cured of its overheating problem except on extended drives or long sits in traffic. Maybe this is the case with your Range Rover Sport check out your Range Rover Sport yourself so that you know what is the matter.

You may find that the engine runs fine but gets very hot while driving. What is this problem?It usually occurs after moderate to extended periods of driving. You should notice steam coming from the hood or smell coolant. The overheating can ruin a trip. If you are driving and notice the temperature gauge is all the way up to the “H,” your Range Rover Sport is “running hot” and overheating will occur shortly. It causes damage to the engine each time overheating occurs.

Range Rover Sport overheating problems can be costly. If you want to avoid the delays and costs overheating causes, follow these tips. Read on to know what you should do when your car seems ready to overheat.

1. Electric Cooling Fan Failure An electric cooling fan which isn’t coming on can cause your engine to overheat. When your Range Rover Sport isn’t going fast enough to ram it through from the front, the electric cooling fan draws cooler air through your radiator. You can test this by letting your car idle long enough for the engine to heat up. Keep an eye on your temperature gauge if you’ve been having an overheating problem in traffic. When it starts creeping into the danger zone, look under the hood to see if your electric fan is running. If it’s not, you’ll need to figure out why. There are two usual causes to this:

One is Bad Electric Fan and the other is Bad Radiator Fan Switch.

2. Clogged Radiator If your Range Rover Sport has more than 50,000 miles on it, your radiator could start getting gummed up. By flushing your radiator every year,You can avoid this and other problems associated with old coolant.There’s nothing good about an overheating problem. You should try to fix the problem as quickly as possible if your engine is running hot. A hot engine can do damage to itself, even if you aren’t going into a full overheating.And also you should Check your oil regularly to be sure you are providing adequate lubrication to your engine, everything you can do to reduce heat buildup helps!

3. Low Coolant By a large margin, the most common cause for engine overheating is simply a low coolant level. Your engine’s cooling system relies on coolant to circulate and remove heat from the engine .Heat will build up and your engine will overheat, If you don’t have enough coolant in there to do the job. No amount of water will help if you don’t have enough coolant in the radiator to transfer that heat. By far, the first thing you should do if your engine seems to be running hot is check your coolant level.

4. Thermostat Not Opening The most common symptom of a failed thermostat is overheating at highway speeds. Your engine may be able to stay cool at low speeds because it’s not working that hard, and therefore not creating as much heat. But at highway speeds your engine needs lots of coolant flowing through. If the thermostat doesn’t open, there isn’t enough flow to keep things cool, and you’ll find yourself looking more like a steam ship than a sedan going down the highway.

5. Broken Fan Belt There are still lots of engines out there which have a fan belt to drive the engine cooling fan. If you see a belt attached to your fan, you’re in this club. The good news is your repair is always cheaper than the electric guys. You can replace your fan belt easily if it’s broken.

It’s always a good idea to keep a flashlight, supply of water, and brake fluid in your car. Having these items on-hand and knowing how to check your antifreeze is really necessary for your Range Rover Sport. If your Range Rover Sport continues to “run hot”, do have a qualified mechanic diagnose the problem. Overheating is an issue that should never be ignored and should be addressed promptly.

Will never forget overheating in my life. That was the first problem I had with my Range Rover which I bought in 2014.

After fixing overheating, engine problem started, changed engine, after that gear problem started. That was what killed the car after one year. Spent a lot of money. Never enjoyed the car.

Sold it after 1 year or so.

Back to Land Rover product but not RR this time.

Still dream of returning to RR.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:18am On Jul 26, 2019
Jarus:

Will never forget overheating in my life. That was the first problem I had with my Range Rover which I bought in 2014.

After fixing overheating, engine problem started, changed engine, after that gear problem started. That was what killed the car after one year. Spent a lot of money. Never enjoyed the car.
Sold it after 1 year or so.

Back to Land Rover product but not RR this time.

Still dream of returning to RR.
Welcome back to the brand. This time, it will be great. You will never walk alone.
We are introducing auto repair insurance that will take away the stress of fixing your car. If your car repair costs is above 500k, we will structure the payment to three months instalment and you go with the car. Although we tried it to a customer and took the car since 2016 with 500k to pay. Till date, he has not paid one kobo. I know his house in vgc but we have left him to his conscience. Details of the car repairs insurance and extended warranty will soon be unveiled. Repairs will be guaranteed.

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:37am On Jul 26, 2019
Good and working range rover sport and lr3 engines can now be ordered for 1m from the US. These are remanufactured engines that will revive the car. No need buying locally. Get good engines from the USA. Contact us for details.

5 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
kingreign:

Ahahahahahahaha I laugh in uhrobo. Velar fuel efficient than a Toyota 2.0l engine with that very heavy body? grin

Kun nnam yan sak
arnt you forgetting something, the velar is made of Aluminum chassis and body and glass roof in most cases, Forget the appearance, the weight is very less! This is why they are expensive

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Allow me to chip in something here. Diesel engines are known to achieve way better MPG than its petrol counterpart. However the gap has been reduced in recent times due to advanced tech in engine development.
Secondly turbocharged engines do not consume more fuel than non-turbos. Rather it produces more power since U have more compressed air insyd the cylinder.
on that note a 2.0L diesel-powered engine plus turbo... baba dts mad power and economy considering the cylinder size (2.0L).
Also sir, pls[b] dont ever put a 2017 rangerover Velar with a koyota kamury even if they have same engine displacement in same sentence biko.... dem nob mates plus they belong to different classes or segments.
[/b]
E don tay we dey talk this talk, the nxt person to put RRS and Toyota in one sentence we go fight grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
erico2k2:
[/b]
E don tay we dey talk this talk, the nxt person to put RRS and Toyota in one sentence we go fight grin grin

Tell them o Automotech has stated the obvious and they will not listen. throw the missiles from Boris Johnson city and let them understand

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by AutoMoTech(m): 12:49am On Jul 28, 2019
erico2k2:
[/b]

I swear. we shall declare war...

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by pacino26(m): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2019
Naija people sef eh! A RR compared to a Camry because we heard 2.0L ET engine. What's with us and fuel economy on Camry? I think some don't know water is far more expensive than petrol in one country like that.

Keep up they good work Sooperruscue as I hope you'll do to the brand what Gazzuzz has done to four major Brands and Hybrid engines.

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
pacino26:
Naija people sef eh! A RR compared to a Camry because we heard 2.0L ET engine. What's with us and fuel economy on Camry? I think some don't know water is fat more expensive than petrol in one country like that.

Keep up they good work Sooperruscue as I hope you'll do to the brand what Gazzuzz has done to four major Brands and Hybrid engines.
Thanks. I am doing my best and so far so good
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by emmaak2(m): 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
kingreign:

Kun nnam yan sak

Mbok afo ado Eyen Akwa ibom
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by kingreign(m): 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
emmaak2:

Mbok afo ado Eyen Akwa ibom

Iyo o! Ndo awo Yoruba. Lol.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
Vernacular diatribe on a range rover thread? Be careful o. The guy was asking questions as both are 2.0 lol. I have seen BMW 320 that is 6 cylinders and a Mazda 323 that is 6 cylinders too. They were all 2.0 but the power of the engines will make a Toyota look like a welfare case. Fuel should not be an issue if you drive in Lagos. Even a 1.3 car in traffic will still feel the effect as the owner has programmed his mind to lower fuel consumption. Sadly for the 010 above range rovers, they are still battling with low octane fuel and this time it is very low. We are now in the era of euro 6 fuel emission cars and our fuel is still euro 4. Big problem but easily resolved by using the recommended oil 5w20 and 0w20 till 2018 models. Make sure it is castrol edge extended performance. Do not settle for less. And boost your fuel. No need to wait for Dangote because he is not concerned about us and our cars.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Someone called me yesterday and asked if we are still trending after 6 years promoting the brand and I was shocked that it is almost 6 years ago when we first started the thread and we are still here. To all those guys who have contributed to the thread, thanks for the contributions. We have upgraded our skills to the next generation of range rovers and our research is continuous and we know that to excel in what we do, we need to keep learning and we are very mindful of that.

6 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by helpishere(m): 4:58am On Sep 24, 2019
Is everyone sleeping here?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:17am On Sep 29, 2019
helpishere:
Is everyone sleeping here?
No o, we are busy strategising on how to make our brand remain on the road. Oil and fuel is having its toll on the brand. But we shall overcome. We have Castrol Engine oil Extended Performance in limited quantities 5w30, 5w20, and 0w20 arriving soon. Order yours in advance now and give your car a respite on the road. It will be in the country this good month of October. Whatsapp me on 08098534267 to book and place your order. We intend to sell 4 gallons to the owners of the brand for a full year oil change without issues.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Bugatti879(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2019
Please how much is the steering rack of 2012 Range Rover Evoque??
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2019
sooperrescue:
Good and working range rover sport and lr3 engines can now be ordered for 1m from the US. These are remanufactured engines that will revive the car. No need buying locally. Get good engines from the USA. Contact us for details.

Does that include shipping sir?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 10:01am On Oct 24, 2019
sooperrescue:

Hmm, good question. I have currently in my workshop 4 range rover sport cars for which the owners intend to buy engines from abroad and we are still waiting for them. I also have a range rover 05 that the owner bought a used x5 engine and it didn't work out because the engine had issues and so he wants to sell it for 500k and I have been tolerant of the car being there until it is sold. Any other car you find there is simply because the owners are not prepared or they are comfortable leaving the cars in the workshop because of the secured environment. There are some that we will need to search for their parts abroad like when we were looking for a gasket of a 2013 v6 sport. It took us 2 months to source for it. If your car is among the lot there and it has not been fixed, let us know . I should be the one complaining about the space being taken but every car is a challenge that has to be resolved. We have been to other major garages to pick up cars from them and their competence is not questioned. It is just a matter of choices. The brand is not receiving any support from the manufacturer here in Nigeria and the franchised dealer is not capable of satisfying the needs of the majority of the owners and so we act as the better option for the brand. We source for the best oil irrespective of the price and we are also equipped with the latest softwares with Internet enabled access to download softwares that are relevant to the cars. We are always upgrading the softwares in the cars to ensure that it serves the owners well. In today's repair market, the internet is very vital whether we copy or paste, everything is done on the net. There was a time when we used to pay 80usd for a 24hrs subscription to jlrsdd server and you still go through the internet. The resale value of the car has gone down and sometimes, the owners are not bothered with giving their cars the best. I have a particular car that we went to pick up from another state and it's been 2 months now and the owner is sending money in bits and begging for more time to pay for the major work. All things being equal, the cars are fixed when the owner wants it fixed. There's a car that I have finished having overheating issues and the owner is not comfortable paying my bill. He was not even happy buying Castrol for 25k a gallon of 5 quarts. To him, Mobil 1 is OK .The car is still in the workshop waiting for him to come and pick it up and when you see the same car in the workshop, you are right to assume that it has not been fixed. Maybe we will start to put stickers on finished vehicles to differentiate the awaiting process of the other cars. And you have to praise our initiative because even the brand in the US cannot satisfy the new cars owners with their wahala especially for the Evoque but we are on top of the game. And our counselling is due to the experience that we have gathered over the years. We have been fixing the brand for 7 years now and if we are able to resolve 70 percent of the cars brought to us, then we have passed, passed very well. But we are not resting on our oars, as you can see from the time that we are responding to your question, we are reading, we read a lot to be able to find answers to the myriads of problems that the brand is facing here in the country and proffer solutions to resolve the agony being faced by the owners. The brand is the only car that is still on the road as at today despite the bad fuel and oil. It will surprise you to know that people are using Mobil hxp to service the car, that people want to change one bushing of the lower arm and change the other one later. The signs of the times we are living in. Thanks for your concern, we will improve on our time factor and hopefully become the best team for the brand in the nearest future. Good morning.

I praise your calmness and maturity in answering this question. Otherwise, we would have seen tantrums flying all over the place. I will like to visit your workshop one day, I am based up North nut wikk come in before December. Keep it up sir.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
rhames:

I praise your calmness and maturity in answering this question. Otherwise, we would have seen tantrums flying all over the place. I will like to visit your workshop one day, I am based up North nut wikk come in before December. Keep it up sir.
E nor easy sha. Thanks. I will be expecting you anytime.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
pacino26:
Naija people sef eh! A RR compared to a Camry because we heard 2.0L ET engine. What's with us and fuel economy on Camry? I think some don't know water is far more expensive than petrol in one country like that.

Maybe you forgot that we are Nigerians.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
Boss why is the Land Rover Freelander that problematic? Most owners change the engines to the Toyota Camry 6 cylinder one? I really don't understand the logic behind that. Can you throw more light on that?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 12:55am On Oct 25, 2019
rhames:
Boss why is the Land Rover Freelander that problematic? Most owners change the engines to the Toyota Camry 6 cylinder one? I really don't understand the logic behind that. Can you throw more light on that?
Cos they are servicing it as if its a Toyota simple!

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by pacino26(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2019
rhames:

Maybe you forgot that we are Nigerians.

LMAO no be lie o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.