Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153822 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2019
erico2k2:

Cos they are servicing it as if its a Toyota simple!
Hmmm. They thought it was that simple. I have been begged to come and return the car to status quo and I begged them that I can't fit. The bottom line is that they destroyed the freelander with poor quality oil like xhp and when the car overheats, they look for an easy way out. Freelander uses semi synthetic oil to cool down the temperature of the car. A lot of us mechanics are still in love with Mobil xhp and will use it on any car. Our new Toyota cars that are serviced with these mineral oils are dead. They look like overused vehicles and meanwhile, cars that are of the same age elsewhere can pass for brand new. Whenever anyone converts to Toyota engine, to restore it back to factory default is not possible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
sooperrescue:

Hmmm. They thought it was that simple. I have been begged to come and return the car to status quo and I begged them that I can't fit. The bottom line is that they destroyed the freelander with poor quality oil like xhp and when the car overheats, they look for an easy way out. Freelander uses semi synthetic oil to cool down the temperature of the car. A lot of us mechanics are still in love with Mobil xhp and will use it on any car. Our new Toyota cars that are serviced with these mineral oils are dead. They look like overused vehicles and meanwhile, cars that are of the same age elsewhere can pass for brand new. Whenever anyone converts to Toyota engine, to restore it back to factory default is not possible
No truer words have been said, my man. The Oil weight is easy to find and easy to buy but people want cheap stuff and cos they drive these cars daily they fail to notice when the Engine changes from silence to locomotives grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 11:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
erico2k2:

Cos they are servicing it as if its a Toyota simple!

What do you recommend for maintenance of these vehicles with it's original engines? How much is the original engine and foxing? How much is a locally used one and a tokunbo Freelander? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2019
rhames:

What do you recommend for maintenance of these vehicles with it's original engines? How much is the original engine and foxing? How much is a locally used one and a tokunbo Freelander? Thanks.
The engine oil requirement for a freelander is 15w40 semi synthetic oil.. Total Q7000 and Mrs semi synthetic oil is OK. Castrol Edge extended performance for 20k miles is available now. Available in 5w30 and 5w20 and 0w20. Limited supplies only. Call now 08098534267

1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by komekn(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
kingreign:

Ahahahahahahaha I laugh in uhrobo. Velar fuel efficient than a Toyota 2.0l engine with that very heavy body? grin

Kun nnam yan sak

I reply in Uhrobo Eeejo.

Talking from experience the Velar is not heavy it feels somewhat light weight too me. Doesn't inspire too much confidence on higher speeds to me.

It has a very stupendously fuel efficient 2 litres turbo charged diesel engine. The torque is massive and acceleration 0-60 seemed to be well under 7 second too me. I can see fuel consumption to be in the 60mpg on the highway.

All these observations are in the UK.

I don't like the feel of the car l prefer the RR sport or AudiQ7.

If you are talking Nigeria, getting a good quality diesel may prove challenging if not downright catastrophic.

Particularly if you buy diesel sourced in Bayelsa from the "boys" so to speak.

You probably should but from NNPC mega stations or at least TOTAL anybody else and your on your own. You will need a lot of additives and probably change your fuel filter every 6 months at least.

You will not get the near 60+ mpg we get in Europe at best 40 or lower.

Add all TLC required to keep your RR velar going on Nigeria trouble free. Is it really worth it.

I guess it's a matter of preference.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by TotoNaRubber: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
Fuel consumption in newer cars are more efficient compared to older cars, for instance a 2.0 L brand new Range rover can be more fuel efficient than an old V6 camry here is why..

Everything about a car consume fuel, the nature of the tyres, using ac, aggresive driving, maintenance history, winding down your glass while driving, overloading your vehicle, mechanical and electrical faults.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:24am On Nov 20, 2019
Range Rover velar 2018 for sale. Bought this year. Owner is suddenly relocating. 30m

2 Shares

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by TotoNaRubber: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
Naija used?

I pay 18m cash.
sooperrescue:
Range Rover velar 2018 for sale. Bought this year. Owner is suddenly relocating. 30m
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

Naija used?

I pay 18m cash.
We are now cashless. Just pay the 30m. I am not sure if the owner will accept cash too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by theoilguy: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
Castrol 5w20 extended performance, Castrol 5w30 extended performance, 0w20 extended performance available for 18500 naira per gallon. Offer lasts while stock last so place your order now. Pick up and delivery available in Lagos and nationwide.

Contact on profile!

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by theoilguy: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2019
We are making Castrol Oil extended performance as affordable as possible.

Contact in Profile
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2019
[quote author=sooperrescue post=83634605]
The engine oil requirement for a freelander is 15w40 semi synthetic oil.. Total Q7000 and Mrs semi synthetic oil is OK. Castrol Edge extended performance for 20k miles is available now. Available in 5w30 and 5w20 and 0w20. Limited supplies only. Call now 08098534267[/quote

How many gallons will do for servicing the vehicle? How much is the cost of filters and servicing? At what mileage is it due for servicing and filter replacements?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:11am On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=rhames post=85283512][/quote]

To service the car is not more than 13k and since the oil is semi synthetic, 3 months is ideal

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
sooperrescue:

To service the car is not more than 13k and since the oil is semi synthetic, 3 months is ideal
3 months bross? grin grin
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2020
erico2k2:

3 months bross? grin grin
With Semi synthetic oil like Q7000? Yes sir.
Happy new year to everyone. Use the right oil for your car. Twice a year only. Thanks for your patronage
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by cooldragon: 11:57am On Jan 02, 2020
Good morning,someone said it was done in Dubai,is it possible

1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
cooldragon:
Yes, very possible. I saw one, a 2004 model that was converted to the same level as this.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by cooldragon: 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
This year will be fun oh

sooperrescue:

Yes, very possible. I saw one, a 2004 model that was converted to the same level as this.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
cooldragon:

More pictures, and pictures of the engine bay please....
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
theoilguy:
Mobil Extended Performance and Castrol Extended performance in all variants available in large quantities.

Get the right Motor oil for your car.
you are in Lagos I take it
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
LeJeun3:

More pictures, and pictures of the engine bay please....

We are waiting still
Howfar happy New year
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
erico2k2:

We are waiting still
Howfar happy New year

Same to you Baba. I dey where una keep us....

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
LeJeun3:

Same to you Baba. I dey where una keep us....

lol E get as E go B I fit need U 4 PHC ohhh
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by theoilguy: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
erico2k2:

you are in Lagos I take it

Yes sir, we have an office in Mushin, Lagos
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
erico2k2:

lol E get as E go B I fit need U 4 PHC ohhh

We dey standby, flew in and out during Christmas....

Can do it again.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2020
LeJeun3:

We dey standby, flew in and out during Christmas....

Can do it again.

Ok cool, but quick one, truthle pedal when depressed no fire, any suggestions?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
erico2k2:

Ok cool, but quick one, truthle pedal when depressed no fire, any suggestions?

Scan

- Actuator forced shutdown
- Fuel supply

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by TotoNaRubber: 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
The amount is high o, in white too !
Someone wants to sell this one to me,
how much do you think it's worth pls.

sooperrescue:

1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2020
LeJeun3:

Scan

- Actuator forced shutdown
- Fuel supply

Tried my SDD no success in connection .Will try again in the morning as I'm on ground . It now fired at intervals . I think it's wire patial contact . .But will update U .

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2020
erico2k2:

Tried my SDD no success in connection .Will try again in the morning as I'm on ground . It now fired at intervals . I think it's wire patial contact . .But will update U .

Okay.... give me update

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.