Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (154419 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
olenime:
2017 Toks for grab
37m
Hit me grin
Specifications please.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by olenime(m): 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2020
olenime:

Yes boss
https://www.nairaland.com/5302442/tokunbo-2017-range-rover-sport#88854155

I just checked out the thread and I think you should improve on it. First, a range rover sport 2017 should be advertised as either a V6 or a V8, supercharged or not, autobiography or not. And on your thread, it was 35m and now it is 37m. Even in this lockdown, people are still buying cars and for high end luxury cars, full disclosure is very imperative to sway the buyer to the extent of contacting you. My ten naira.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ayemonikao(m): 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
sooperrescue:

Welcome, First Change your transmission fluid and use good ones. There are oils called gear oil and oils called Transmission fluids. They are all the same but the car that it is meant for matters. So for your LR3, look for any oil that supports ZF6
Then what about the gear selector that got hooked at park ?.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by olenime(m): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2020
sooperrescue:

I just checked out the thread and I think you should improve on it. First, a range rover sport 2017 should be advertised as either a V6 or a V8, supercharged or not, autobiography or not. And on your thread, it was 35m and now it is 37m. Even in this lockdown, people are still buying cars and for high end luxury cars, full disclosure is very imperative to sway the buyer to the extent of contacting you. My ten naira.

Thank u boss, your observations are critically noted.
You re doing well.... Keep it up.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:16am On Apr 26, 2020
ayemonikao:

Then what about the gear selector that got hooked at park ?.

Does the dashboard sometimes show F? When the gear is on P, does it show D? For the lockdown of the selector, give it to someone to service it or replace it outright. Can you tell if the tiptronic works, that's the sport gear and the manual gear? If they are not working, just change the selector. It might even be the reason why the gear is showing all those errors.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:17am On Apr 26, 2020
olenime:

Thank u boss, your observations are critically noted.
You re doing well.... Keep it up.

Merci
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ChideraStephen(f): 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by helpishere(m): 5:44am On Apr 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Iamsoulomon: 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
sooperrescue:

It is not the dash but the screen. The screen can be used as reverse camera without any modification on the dash.
bros please what does it mean if a car engine is bad but still won’t on the electrics in the car, like it won’t even on to show mileage is that kind of car advisable to buy?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Iamsoulomon: 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2020
sooperrescue:

It is not the dash but the screen. The screen can be used as reverse camera without any modification on the dash.
is an exempt odometer car advisable? I mean does it mean the engine is really bad?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
Iamsoulomon:
bros please what does it mean if a car engine is bad but still won’t on the electrics in the car, like it won’t even on to show mileage is that kind of car advisable to buy?
No
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by boycasio(m): 9:01am On Apr 30, 2020
Hello everyone
I plan getting a 2010 RR sports soon, I want to know how reliable the car is, common problems and maintenance cost. Thanks
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
boycasio:
Hello everyone
I plan getting a 2010 RR sports soon, I want to know how reliable the car is, common problems and maintenance cost. Thanks
Engine oil is the only problem coupled with ignoring the cooling system. Besides that, you have a wonderful time ahead of you
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by cooldragon: 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
Evening sir,doesn’t it use the same castro oil like 2006-2009 and what’s the issue with the cooling system cuz you once said it overheats

sooperrescue:

Engine oil is the only problem coupled with ignoring the cooling system. Besides that, you have a wonderful time ahead of you
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:32am On May 01, 2020
cooldragon:
Evening sir,doesn’t it use the same castro oil like 2006-2009 and what’s the issue with the cooling system cuz you once said it overheats

Very observant. The use of wrong substandard and adulterated engine oil is the only reason why these engines failed. Castrol edge extended performance is what I always recommend for all Range Rovers and so the 06 09 uses the 5w30 variant while the 010-015 uses the 5w20 variant and then the 016-date are on the 0w20 regime. There's already the 0w16 variant too. The v8 5.0 is a bigger engine than that of the 4.4 v8 and the oil is the lifeline of the car as it also serves as the coolant to the engine. With an effective cooling system and coupled with the right oil, the engine will last longer. One of the symptoms of wrong oil use is the water and oil mixture in the cooling system. Some owners will be made to change the gasket and some, after correctly changing the oil coolant, will still use the same oil that destroyed the oil cooler in the first place. Range Rovers are luxury cars and its maintenance is made simple if you follow the instructions of the manufacturer. Those owners of these luxury cars that manage to fix it are destroying the brand. A lot of people are using Mobil Xhp to service these engines and in the end, the sludge will prevent the oil pump from pumping oil and the metals start to rub on each other and the pressure is reduced and on a bright sunny day, the engine finally dies and a lot of things are involved. Using the recommended oil is one of the best ways to prolong the years of service of your car. And please, use petrol engine oil only and not petrol and Diesel engine oil that abound in the market.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by boycasio(m): 1:03pm On May 01, 2020
sooperrescue:

Pls can you explain better cos I am aware of using recommended oil, so what else should I look out for? And also what about the air suspension how often does it get spoilt?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:42pm On May 01, 2020
[quote author=boycasio post=89062359]

Pls can you explain better cos I am aware of using recommended oil, so what else should I look out for? And also what about the air suspension how often does it get spoilt?[/quote

Suspension issues should be the least of what you should be on the lookout for. The balloons are well built and can last longer than 5 years if you live in salt prone areas like the Island. When you hear the bushings sending signals, change it immediately as they are the suspension support.

Other than that, balloons are not going to make you hate the car because without the balloons, you are not driving a Range Rover, but a Lange Lover.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by boycasio(m): 5:31pm On May 01, 2020
Thanks a lot
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:44pm On May 01, 2020
boycasio:
Thanks a lot
You are welcome
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:09am On May 02, 2020
Lockdown is over and back to work. Keep safe and maintain social distancing. We formally declare business open on Monday, 4th of May.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:14am On May 02, 2020
Proper maintenance of your vehicle is recommended.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:17am On May 02, 2020
Don't ignore little things, fix them while it's still possible. We are on the mainland and ready for business.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:25am On May 02, 2020
Our recovery trucks are on ground to make sure that your Range Rover is carried according to the Manufacturer specifications.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:59am On May 04, 2020
We are set for business.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:52pm On May 06, 2020
For the 2014 Range Rovers and upwards, always use the right coolant and engine oil. It's very essential for the peace of mind of the owners �.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:35am On May 11, 2020
Fuel is still doing wonders to our Range Rovers. I'm currently fixing a 2016 Range Rover supercharged. Just cleared from the Port and it was scanned before the lockdown. The proud owner just bought fuel only once and all the oxygen sensors are crying for help. The low octane fuel is really a challenge for us. Get octane boosters now.
We also have a 2012 Range Rover for sale. Bought brand new and one owner. Call us for more details

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by PrinceAde01(m): 9:29pm On May 11, 2020
Amazing discussion about RRS on this platform. I've got a question, maybe bunch of questions.

Thinking of purchasing a RRS and ship it to Nigeria, but the problem is, I réside in Europe and only visit Nigeria once in a year, majorly during the summer. Having gone through some amazing discussions about the less frequent usage of the RRS, I previously use Nissan brand, but I'm thinking of going for RRS. It'll be parked at home if sent to Nigeria until I'll come home on vacation. Moreover, I don't usually go out when I'm in Nigeria, so the truck will be drive less often.

Will there be any huge problem with my potential choice or I should just opt for infinity fx30 or 60 brand?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2020
PrinceAde01:
Amazing discussion about RRS on this platform. I've got a question, maybe bunch of questions.

Thinking of purchasing a RRS and ship it to Nigeria, but the problem is, I réside in Europe and only visit Nigeria once in a year, majorly during the summer. Having gone through some amazing discussions about the less frequent usage of the RRS, I previously use Nissan brand, but I'm thinking of going for RRS. It'll be parked at home if sent to Nigeria until I'll come home on vacation. Moreover, I don't usually go out when I'm in Nigeria, so the truck will be drive less often.

Will there be any huge problem with my potential choice or I should just opt for infinity fx30 or 60 brand?
No huge or major problem. Park it under a shade, remove the battery terminal et bon voyage et å bientot

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Conductor261: 6:46am On May 12, 2020
sooperrescue:

No huge or major problem. Park it under a shade, remove the battery terminal et bon voyage et å bientot
and spread rat poison in the engine bay

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by helpishere(m): 7:37am On May 12, 2020
Conductor261:
and spread rat poison in the engine bay

You have said it all
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by daemperor1(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2020
Thanks a lot Sooper for creating this thread and thanks to all contributors.
I have a Range Rover Sport 2006 and i observed the Dashboard light not displaying and the front suspensions not coming up. Note that this car is for sale and I want these issues fixed first.

Please I would appreciate your contribution by way of recommendation of a good 'rewire' and what could possibly cause it. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.