Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? (29734 Views)

PHOTO: 'how I Dressed When I Was 14 Vs. How 14-year-old Girls Dress Now' / Ini Edo's Hot Cleavage-Baring Dress To Glo-CAF Awards: Hit Or Miss? (Photo) / Reasons Why Our Women, Ladies Or Girls Dress Indecently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by kojeiwa(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2008
Can somebody post a picture of shoprite so we know how the shopping mall looks. Is shoprite in Lagos?
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by xpensiv: 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2008
Because they dnt wanna look lik they are there by mistake lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
U knw lik they missed road grin
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by grafikdon: 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2008
Isn't that supposed to be a 'cheap ass' store? What's with Nigeria sef. . .? I bet it will be the same thing when they open up a Branch of Keyfood in Lagos. . . or one of those 'cheap ass' $1.00 stores grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by grafikdon: 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
magentam:

@ KarmaMod

I have a feeling you are one of them girls, right? husband hunting?

KarmaMod and Lagos Shoprite? Lol. . . this is completely out of order. . . it's like saying Osama Bin Laden is the elder sister of George Bush. . . cheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by showbobo(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2008
Shoprite is okay abeg.make una stop to dey condemn beta thing.if girls like make dem wear bikini or swimming trunk enter there,na dem know.Different strokes for different folks,huh??And you haters that cant dress to kill should keep on wearing your rags undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by spikedcylinder: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2008
Oh my. . .
You guys are freaking ridiculous.
So because someone is a housegirl/belongs to the lower class of the society, she is supposed to represent her class when going out? If he/she has nice clothes, what is wrong with he/she wearing that to the mall? Afterall, shoprite isnt the only hypermarket located in that mall. . .there are other social centers there as well.
You people are attempting to feel high and mighty by saying one person is acting like "they belong"? Purlease!!!

I usually wear flip flops or doll shoes because of all the stairs they have there and also maybe because thats really what most of my clothes and shoes are like (casual) but if someone can walk the whole mall in heels, whats your freaking problem?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by yicob(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2008
my first day @ shoprite was hell.

The ladies dressed to kill and i also dressed to save.

I ended up saying i love you at first sight to 15 girls before I went to visit my cousin at Oniru Estate.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by folahann(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
The case is the same in Accra here, the case is even worse cos the mall is very big, big enough to accommodate all idiots and animals. Don't really know much about Shoprite in Lagos.

The Accra mall hosts Shoprite, Game, Mr. Price, Frankies fast food, Ecobank, stanbic bank,UBA bank, MTN branch office, Pizza Inn, Rhapsody's, Chinese Restaurants, Audi Motors, Say Cheers,Woodin, Nike Store, Puma store, Top shoes,Tradition, about 20 different fast food restaurants and many more mini-shops and still has a lot of unoccupied rooms.

I think girls go there to just attract guys/men(mumu) who have come to shop and have a nice time in order to . . .you know
There enough room for you to sit, chat and chill with complete strangers
Mind you! some guys also go there for same reason,so it's not only the Girls
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by omoge(f): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2008
can't wait to go see with my own two eyes smiley

it will be great to open 1 dollar store in Lagos, another dress to kill place eh? smiley

imagine dress to kill to a mall hahahaha oh mine mine smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by lexicon(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
I undecided conclude dat shoprice is a place where girls test their new cloth, if it has fittings guy will come, if not Gobe, hahahaha undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by A40(m): 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2008
I have got no complaints whatsoever.Do ya thing ladies
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Tweek: 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2008
folahann:

The case is the same in Accra here, the case is even worse because the mall is very big, big enough to accommodate all idiots and animals. Don't really know much about Shoprite in Lagos.

The Accra mall hosts Shoprite, Game, Mr. Price, Frankies fast food, Ecobank, stanbic bank,UBA bank, MTN branch office, Pizza Inn, Rhapsody's, Chinese Restaurants, Audi Motors, Say Cheers,Woodin, Nike Store, Puma store, Top shoes,Tradition, about 20 different fast food restaurants and many more mini-shops and still has a lot of unoccupied rooms.

I think girls go there to just attract guys/men(mumu) who have come to shop and have a nice time in order to . . .you know
There enough room for you to sit, chat and chill with complete strangers
Mind you! some guys also go there for same reason,so it's not only the Girls

I don't  think i agree with you calling the guys 'mumu'. i think it's a case of 'give me what i want and i'll give you what you want' Every girl who comes to display her curves and availablity comes with the knowledge that there's a guy who understands her need or rather want. The guy who'd be tagged 'mumu' is the one who gives without getting. the world is a simple place, my 'plend' ( like the hausa man would say)
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by PurestBoy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2008
Nigerian ladies/girls/women and their problem. Which one is choprice again? I think I'm missing a lot by not living in Lagos
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Sisikill: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2008
Funny Thread

spikedcylinder:

Oh my. . .
So because someone is a housegirl/belongs to the lower class of the society, she is supposed to represent her class when going out? If he/she has nice clothes, what is wrong with he/she wearing that to the mall? Afterall, shoprite isnt the only hypermarket located in that mallthere are other social centers there as well.
You people are attempting to feel high and mighty by saying one person is acting like "they belong"? Purlease!!!

I usually wear flip flops or doll shoes because of all the stairs they have there and also maybe because thats really what most of my clothes and shoes are like (casual) but if someone can walk the whole mall in heels, whats your freaking problem?

Finally some Rationality. Thank you.

At first I thought the place was a religious center, which is why there's a big hoopla over thier dressing, only to find it it's a mall. Honestly! sad
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Tweek: 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Oh my. . .
So because someone is a housegirl/belongs to the lower class of the society, she is supposed to represent her class when going out? If he/she has nice clothes, what is wrong with he/she wearing that to the mall? Afterall, shoprite isnt the only hypermarket located in that mallthere are other social centers there as well.

No problem at all. Low class, Upper class. Whoever wants to give a hoot does who doesn't doesn't. I don't give a hoot so long as I am happy doing what I do. Some times i feel like dressing up and going out, sometimes i don't feel like dressing up so i just go out looking grumpy. If someone where to meet me dressed up and says 'She's trying to belong' i'd think that person has a problem with his/her sense of security. Maybe, I am intimidating to him/her. He has no money or she doesn't meet up. I don't blame me for that, should I?
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by femzy(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2008
@topic

No b new thang now; Effeeeezzzzzeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by bigfather(m): 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2008
Na wa for naija babes ! shocked
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by xJaysonx(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2008
Most people dress to impress and oppress when the competition is high. Would u like to look like grass in the midst of flowers? I guess a massive "no" should come from you. It's just simple they dress to look very good especially in an area like that where u'v gat lots of beautiful cheeks and guys, some peeps are looking at you you know. So dress ur best. You are not going to shop alone besides it's a massive building "The Palms" which comprises  of Shop Rite, Nu Metro etc some peeps could be going to all these places,watch movies,

You guys kill yourselves with all these threads, maybe if they dress nakedly with just earrings and shoes that would do uh?

Look good. it's that simple, wink
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by nazzyon(m): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2008
Wetin sef.

If you see girls wey dress to kill you too try to dress to revive.

Abi?

grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by xJaysonx(m): 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2008
nazzyon:

Wetin sef.

If you see girls wey dress to kill you too try to dress to revive.

Abi?

grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue

Just in the simplest words.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by powderPink(f): 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2008
well girl dress to kill in West end of London too. its just a thing with girls , we think because it's a shopping area it means you are likely to meet long forgotten friends and enemies and you know you want to look your best especially for your enemies. Basically lots of people converged in a small area to shop then you got to look right , obviously if you there shopping you got to love fashion so you got to show it.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by dremoney(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2008
ehen, no wonder, i was on d fone wiv a friend d oda day n she kept telling me, im in shoprite - wanna get some stuff,
when i dint return d hype she wanted, she repeated it again which forced me to ask what really she went to get, guess what?
Toileteries, ALL D WAY 4RM AKOKA OOOO!!!!

naija babes n forming shaaaaaaaaaa, dat na y dem no dey quick get husband (4 d fortunate ones who finally get)
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by igbsam(m): 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2008
Shoprite has now become Shopwrong cos by the time you have a mind of purchasing something u so much needed for home use, when you get there on sighting all those crazy babes with their crazy dressings, you wont know when you will shop for something else, Lost Concentration. Na wa ooo!
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by cliveland: 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2008
wetin una dey halla for una don forget the name of the place, "SHOPRITE" , a place for buying n selling, wetin u get!!!!!!!!!!!!!smiley

although sometimes i feel embarrased the way things dey arrange for there. almost everywhere u see crowd go to, as in shopping centres that u dont pay gate fees na so e dey bi.

The main issue is that their prices which i tot shld be d complain here, has sky-rocketted astronomically, as against the reason for a mall like it, it ought to be a discount store. they get goods at a sales on returns from manufacturers or n direct importers who usually display these goods at there own risks, meaning no sales no pay but trust naija dem dey get discount and also dey make profits from the same sales.

lets leave trivial issues n face the real matter, pple dressing is not an issue to bother atleast dey didnt force us to come or go there.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by waleab: 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2008
while you are discussing issues now can i know why most naija babes have turned hookers?
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Arnold1(m): 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2008
Can somebody post a picture of shoprite so we know how the shopping mall looks. Is shoprite in Lagos?

Shoprite is a store inside Palms Mall, Lekki Lagos. I have attached some pictures of the mall and the
store for you.

Inside Shoprite

Outside Shoprite

Other Pictures of Palms Mall, Lekki

Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by waleab: 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2008
good. arnold pls next time you go there check how much they sell the first organ in the last pics. thanks in aadvance, hope that was not your shop? good pics though
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Anuliph(f): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2008
OMG im laffing so hard rite now. Lagos chics r generally known to be all showy n stuff. But it happens all ova. Here in Ph, u need to see the way chics dress to the hair salon.
Its the influence of MTV and E! when they c the celebs, even though those celebs reserve all d glamour for the red carpet. No need telling anyone how to live or dress,
i just dnt c the need to be in 6-inch heel platforms wen i'm going to a mall, whether to buy sth or jus to window shop! Dat smacks of insecurity if u ask me.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by benemeka: 12:07am On Aug 08, 2008
even the sales girls are not left out. there was a day i went 4 shopping there, after shopping i went to the cashier to settle my bill, behold the girl just opened her legs 4 me. she did it intentionally just to get my attention. naija babes nawaa 4 una.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by IYaeto(f): 12:11am On Aug 08, 2008
I don't know what d hype is about Shoprite. Anytime I'm in 9ja ,people keep asking if i've been to shoprite or galleria but I keep asking why should I go there? It doesn't interest me. Not even the Silverbird Galleria. I drive past the place but I haven't had any cause to go there.Well from the pictures posted,I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.As for me, give me my jeans and tshirt anyday. The girls dressing to kill because they're going to shoprite are just getting carried away. wink
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by waleab: 12:26am On Aug 08, 2008
thank God for my village w e dont need shopleft to impress anybody, all the hookers wey dey lagos na dem know shop lft
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by benemeka: 12:29am On Aug 08, 2008
why is it that naija babes are cheap?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sunday Elizabeth Is Miss Correct Bae 2018 / ***Hair For African Women*** / Ladies, What Is Your Ideal Heel Height?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.