Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? (29726 Views)

PHOTO: 'how I Dressed When I Was 14 Vs. How 14-year-old Girls Dress Now' / Ini Edo's Hot Cleavage-Baring Dress To Glo-CAF Awards: Hit Or Miss? (Photo) / Reasons Why Our Women, Ladies Or Girls Dress Indecently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by ogb5(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ poster,

you have to learn to dress. I visit shoprite periodically. I don't see the big deal in the way girls dress there.

maybe you are used to rags, so anything thats not rags is absurd to you.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Gamine(f): 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2008
LOL

People dress alright now, but when the palms first opened!!

na wahala o
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Seun(m): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2008
maybe you are used to rags, so anything thats not rags is absurd to you.
Actually, skimpy clothes are more like rags than normal clothes.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by magentam(f): 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2008
Na wa O! Wonders shall never end, Coming out from shopRite this evening, a girl almost fell off her heels because it was too high for her.Imagine her pulling heavy bags while wearing heels. It doesn't make sense at all! Sheer foolishness! What happened to flip-flops while shopping. You could see shame written all over her face and her eyes searching desperately if anyone saw her almost falling off her shoes ingloriously.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Arnold1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2008
waleab:

good. arnold please next time you go there check how much they sell the first organ in the last pics. thanks in aadvance, hope that was not your shop? good pics though

Sorry mate, but I don't currently reside in Naija.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by waleab: 12:57am On Aug 09, 2008
ok. was thinking of buying one. many thanks good pics
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by BlackMamba(m): 1:31am On Aug 09, 2008
I smell the same old elitist put down by some Naija folks who happen to find their ass in a western country. Like someone rightly pointed out Naija is still a 3rd world country last I checked, regardless of how we value ourselves and our stuff. But we have the right to appreciate stuff any way we like. Folks comparing our so called deli-like mall to Walmart often shop in low cost Walmart and discount stores rather than designer stores on 5th Avenue. Shoprite is big in Naija and Naija is not US or UK.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 09, 2008
thanks for some reality check blackmamba.

Someone talked about such malls being a "dime and a dozen" in SouthAfrica, well hello . . . this is Lagos, a place were dimes and dozens are like the 8th wonder of the world.

Allow the chics to dress as they wish, if you're angry because you dont have such clothes then pls buy ur own.

Just my own dimes and dozens.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by KarmaMod(f): 1:53am On Aug 09, 2008
Is there a 5th Av in the Uk?

KarmaMod

I have a feeling you are one of them girls, right? husband hunting?

who are you again? Cant a person reply without some nitwit yarning dust?

I just gave what I THINK is the reason for those girls to be dressing up, is that ok with you iya?
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by dadonG(m): 2:31am On Aug 09, 2008
guy no go buy wetin they send u go dey look 4 girls that dress to kill u neva see girl b4 in ur life
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by magentam(f): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2008
@ KarmaMod

Why does that phrase hurt you so baaaaad if it isn't true? wink
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by JasmineSie(f): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2008
U are talking bout shoprite u don reach silverbird,na die.dere's no fashion in vogue u wont find dere,guess gals just like lookn gud vn if its to go wwatch a movie.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Orikinla(m): 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2008
They are displaying their inferiority complex.
Desperation is the order of the day.
Finis.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by SOJ(m): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2008
BlackMamba:

I smell the same old elitist put down by some Naija folks who happen to find their ass in a western country. Like someone rightly pointed out Naija is still a 3rd world country last I checked, regardless of how we value ourselves and our stuff. But we have the right to appreciate stuff any way we like. Folks comparing our so called deli-like mall to Walmart often shop in low cost Walmart and discount stores rather than designer stores on 5th Avenue. Shoprite is big in Naija and Naija is not US or UK.

there seems to be some element of truth in ur post, my dear;wats the fuss about?

gidig:

First, shoprite is not the mall. The mall is called The Palms. Shoprite is just a one of the stores that rented a space there just as there are New Metro, PC outlet and others.

Secondly, there is nothing bad if people dress up to go to the place as there are quite a few high end stores there as well (tifanny Amber for instance). So, it can be assumed that they are going there for some other thing apart from Shoprite or the game, which are the most popular stores in the mall.

Thirdly, the mall culture is fairly new in Nigeria and for many of these people, whose only proximity to a standard mall is what they see in the movies, it can be termed an excitement for them to have these options. Do they go overboard? Yes!! And so what? I rarely have the time to stay that long there and until this thread was started, I never thought about how people dressed. I was there this week at a cafe beside PC Outlet and if not that there was the place chosen by my client, Mr Biggs would have done just fine. People are free to dress as they want to the mall. To now make it a platform for evaluating our values is totally absurd.The ladies who go to Shoprite have made that their business to dress like that to the place.I go to the place if what I want to buy is only available there and I have never cared what people are wearing until someone made it an issue on Nairaland!

A common theme in the responses is the notion that even though Nigeria now has a mall, the people are not 'schooled' in the manner they go to malls.In America, it is like, Are you guys serious?

wat really is the noise about?
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by spikedcylinder: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2008
BlackMamba:

Thank you BlackMamba, thank you.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by KarmaMod(f): 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2008
I'll probably check out the place in December, see what the fuss is all about.

Maybe see some live transactions of the oldest profession. cheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by STANez(m): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2008
This is serious cos the big girls dont show off but its the hungry ones that are seeking for guys to devour !!!
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Nwaka77: 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2008
What is the big fuss about shoprite anyway? Its just a grocery store but I feel that ladies are allowed to dress the way they want. I am sick and tired of Naija men who do nothing but bad mouth Naija women. Some guys were saying that Naija girls are cheap. I guess that includes your mother, grandmother, sister and all female members of your family. May God help my sons if they grow up some day and bad mouth Naija women or women in general for that matter after I have suffered to carry them 9 months and give birth to them! angry I really don't know what kind of women gave birth to those men who bash women. Thier mothers must have abandoned them in a gutter for them to keep bashing Naija women like that. Here in the U.S, you see young women with their their baby Phat clothes, pure white sneakers, boots and what have you. Does that make them cheap? That is why I am sick of Naija people because we never know how to uplift each other, but rather put each other down. Wonder why we are still a third world country with all the resources God has blessed us with. Nonsense!
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by KarmaMod(f): 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2008
Nwaka77:

Here in the US, you see young women with their their baby Phat clothes, pure white sneakers, boots and what have you. Does that make them cheap?

Actually those ones are worse than cheap. They're downright ghetto

I cant take a girl who's over 18 and still wearing Baby Phat seriously.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Joseph6(m): 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2008
which shoprite ar we talkin about here, the one at the pams? coz there every one dresses aight even the shop attendants
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by liftedone(f): 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2008
Really? Last I checked, it was always over-crowded.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by tpia: 12:29am On Aug 10, 2008
the pictures here show girls wearing jeans.

can the OP show exactly what he/she is calling "dress to kill".

To the best of my knowledge, the real dressing to kill is on some Nigerian university campuses.

In any case, its all about color coordination. An outfit doesnt necessarily have to be too expensive, for someone to look good. They could simply have good dress sense.

And this is Lagos, for crying out loud. Clothes full everywhere for sale.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by OluToye: 3:02am On Aug 10, 2008
Abegi its called the Palms shopping mall not shoprite. Shoprite is a store in the Palms. Calling the mall shoprite is like calling every mall you visit in yankee a Macy's. Get it right next time.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by na2day2(m): 5:35am On Aug 10, 2008
i know say dem never cause us sha. as for all of una wey dey do voltron dey defend the dress concept being displayed, ur level of thinking in life is on the negative axis oooooo. i have never been there but i have been to silver bird and believe me it was plain stupidity. i was wondering if it was indeed a movie theater or a place to hook up. here, i go to the movie theater with my flip flops and nobody send u. it is ur money that u r spending and the movie theater is generally not a place u go look for a mate. as long as u r not looking unkempt u r fine, just dress simple. a white dude once told me that he saw 2 guys at spring valley train station and he immediately knew they were nigerians. i asked him, how so? he replied because they were wearing huge coats in a 109 degrees dallas sun and were not even under any kind of shade standing and talking for so long out in the open. there is a reason why they say some clothes are meant for summer and some are meant for winter, u dont just wear clothes because u think u look cool in them. my whole point dont use a bazooka to kill an ant. dress according to the occasion, church close. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by emmanuele: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2008
i think lack of self confidences is the root problem of this girls, yes when they see other girls they start to compare themselves, who amongst them

will stand out in the crowd of attractive ladies and who will get that Guy with the cash.

well if only this girls can be educated enough to know that it's not by out ward dress codes that will help them to attract Mr right but by your character and

attitude
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by swtrose: 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2008
wel it is good 4 them to dress to kill cos chics full every where it has to be a survival of the fit
and that will go well 4 the guys
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by OluToye: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2008
Again pls, all you pple should get your information right. Silverbird galleria is different from silverbird cinema. The cinema is located at the top floor in the galleria. There are over 20 stores, businesses, bars and chill out joints in the galleria. Many people go to the galleria other than to watch movies. I cant even remember the last time i watched a movie there, but it does have nice places to hang out there.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by Meedu(m): 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2008
because girls too na commodities & goods they expire with time and the name of the place na shoprite, its left for you to conclude.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by BlackMamba(m): 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2008
If you're comfortable in your skin, you wont notice what anyone else is wearing. You may rock your flip flop with no make up and still make guys like me salivate. Quit commenting on others dressing unless you feel so threatened.
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by origina9ja(f): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2008
personally
i always like 2 feel gud bout my self doesnt mean i'm doing it 4 sum next guy
so i feel that you should dress however way you feel comfortable
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by magentam(f): 7:54am On Aug 11, 2008
@ Olutoye

Are you here to make conversations or corrections? We all know the shoprite we are talking about, So stick to the topic. We are not in class but in Nairaland to chat and have fun. Tu comprends?
Re: Why Do Girls Dress To Kill At Shoprite? by OluToye: 8:09am On Aug 11, 2008
Mostly corrections realy. And just for that feeble attempt at mockery u receive a another dose of correction,

1. Its make conversation not 'make conversations', conversation is already plural
2. And again its not shoprite but the palms,

And so ends ur class Magentam. You're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sunday Elizabeth Is Miss Correct Bae 2018 / ***Hair For African Women*** / Ladies, What Is Your Ideal Heel Height?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.