Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho (26917 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel / Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
marutimon: Compare that to Success Isaac who signed for Udinese:
“I had to choose Udinese ahead of clubs like Manchester City, Chelsea, and some of the bigger European club that wanted to sign me, because my chance of breaking into the main team in Udinese is greater.

“More so, as a beginner in European football it will be nice to start from a smaller club and from there I can move to a bigger club in the future. But if I begin my football at these big clubs, breaking into the main team will take some time and if I choose to leave then, my value may drop. So, I am very happy with the Italian club.”

Much wiser approach than the Kelechi family. The longer it takes for Iheanacho to break into the first team, the less people will remember how great he was.

What's more: Most likely Man City will have to loan him, because he won't get a working permit for England.

Udinese is also a nice developing ground. Players like Alexi Sanchez, Benatia, Aturo Vidal, Christian Zapata, Gokan Inler, Isla, Asamoah Kwadwo made it through Udinese.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Dalazyou(m): 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
Who knws,Mayb na family stupidity..or mayb de guy go cum dream say na BARCELONA sef
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by delvinmaya(m): 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
hariorh:

Oga ade,
Here is what i asked for and not a history lesson...

Give me the current list of top players groomed by the man city academy?

And i'm on PC not phone. I've searched and found none. Do the rest and paste a link

Shikena!!!

grin

akure a fo fo in, (oya o).
chairman if you can't find i cant help your case, namaste
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Moukafoam(f): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Wow! About 90% believes that the Father has made a bad choice wink

he might just end up a failed project if he love money at this early stage? or should I say at his prime?
grin
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
hariorh:

Oga ade,
Here is what i asked for and not a history lesson...

Give me the current list of top players groomed by the man city academy?

And i'm on PC not phone. I've searched and found none. Do the rest and paste a link

Shikena!!!
grin

Nedum Onuoha, Shawn Wright Phillips, Joe Hart, Sturridge. Two youngsters we groomed, Dennis Suarez and Juan Roman were snapped up by Barcelona.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dis Guy: he wont even get a work permit!! Loan to belgium or italy straight!

He will be going to the academy and won't need a work permit.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Bvesan: In the long run, it is a good move because Man city are now focusing on youth by building a £100 million youth development and first team training centre. I hope he has great career wherever he goes.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
People calm down

regardless of which club he goes to he should not be playing 1st team football in the next 1 or 2 years

he will be in the academy of any serious club and possibly sent out on loan to gain some experience.

It is not too bad if he has come to Man City, he will be ok

Only those who errornously expect some magic from a 17year old will loose sleep over this move. Iheanacho can not win Nigeria the world cup in 2014. He is only a kid who is yet to develop. These boys are kids, they just need to go somewhere and learn how to play football properly.

They still have a lot to learn and being in one of Europes emerging top clubs can only be a good thing.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by babajide4muyiwa: 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
He should have gone to clubs that develop youing talents like arsenal, manchester united but not man city
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by delvinmaya(m): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Nedum Onuoha, Shawn Wright Phillis, Joe Hart, Sturridge. Two youngsters we groomed, Dennis Suarez and Juan Roman were snapped up by Barcelona.

good joe, you for allow am sweat jare. you forgot micah richards, joey barton, john guidetti. do you need more oga ade? *winks

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
mikeansy: People calm down

regardless of which club he goes to he should not be playing 1st team football in the next 1 or 2 years

he will be in the academy of any serious club and possibly sent out on loan to gain some experience.

It is not too bad if he has come to Man City, he will be ok

Only those who errornously expect some magic from a 17year old will loose sleep over this move. Iheanacho can not win Nigeria the world cup in 2014. He is only a kid who is yet to develop. These boys are kids, they just need to go somewhere and learn how to play football properly.

They still have a lot to learn and being in one of Europes emerging top clubs can only be a good thing.

Why Nigerians wanted him at a smaller club, is for him to be seen as a star and fast tracked into the first team. Look at Fabregas, Ramsey, they were paying in the Champions League for Arsenal at I think 16. Guardiola said Arsenal can afford to field teens Barca has those kind of talent but can't field them.

The best player for Stuttgart at Germany is Werner at 17 years. CR7 was 17 when he started playing for Sporting, James Rodriguez, 16 , Wilshere 17.

I still feel City is okay. He would get World class training at our academy.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by IGBOSON1: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
Danhumprey: Wish him well in whatever club he chose to play in. But I don't trust Manchester City nor Chelsea.

^^^I have the same feeling too! I'd have preferred him going to Arsenal, or Man-u as a second choice.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Omadachi(m): 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
This guy father shouid not ruin his son career at this early aga.Money should not be the consideration here.He need to go to a club that he will be feature.Wish him all the best.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I have the same feeling too! I'd have preferred him going to Arsenal, or Man-u as a second choice.

Davide Oetrucci who was the brightest talent coming out from Italy was wasted at Man Utd. Ferguson never played with an attacking creative midfielder. I think Man Utd would have been a terrible choice.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Oludrex(m): 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
Iceberyln: wat d Bleep!!!!!!! MAN CITY?? leme ask a ? !!! wus e gona bench dia ni?? na Aguero or silva!!!!! Dude ur runied

Boy goin bench Yaya or Nasri na... Lol
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by gbaskiboy: 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Papa pikin why are u so freak with money? Take am easy u don too make headlines, let d young lad go to club he wud be feature regularly nt a club he wud be bench
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
Oludrex:

Boy goin bench Yaya or Nasri na... Lol

Milner can't bench any of our top midfielders. That is Silva, Nasri, Yaya and Fernandinho.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Oludrex(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Nedum Onuoha, Shawn Wright Phillips, Joe Hart, Sturridge. Two youngsters we groomed, Dennis Suarez and Juan Roman were snapped up by Barcelona.

Stop bullsh:ttin us-- those player were groom before Mancity was Mancity..

ManCity is now a team where nice players like tevez, Balotelli left and they didn't even feel it
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Oludrex(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Stop bullsh:ttin us-- those player were groomed before Mancity was Mancity..

ManCity is now a team where nice players like tevez, Balotelli left and they didn't even feel their absence
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
agrovick: This is a tragedy, dude's career is over already
Succinctly put.
It's so sad.
Long throat has put paid to what promised to be an exciting career.
I weep. Poverty is really a bad thing.see as his father is unashamedly pimping the fella.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by sirclick(m): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice one.......[img]Nice one.......[/img]Nice one.......
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Oludrex:

Stop bullsh:ttin us-- those player were groom before Mancity was Mancity..

ManCity is now a team where nice players like tevez, Balotelli left and they didn't even feel it

Did you read the question asked? By the way, Juan Roman, Jeremy Helan, Karim Rekik, Wabara, Dennis Suarez, John Guidetti, Marco Lopes, Nimely are all during Mancini era. They will be great. You din't expect them stars now. Even Jonathan Dos Santos at Barca hasn't made it.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Oludrex(m): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Did you read the question asked? By the way, Juan Roman, Ieremy Helan, Karim Rekik, Wabara, Dennis Suarez, John Guidetti, Marco Lopes, Nimely are all during Mancini era. They will be great. You din't expect them stars now. Even Jinathan Dos Santos at Barca hasn't made it.

Those guy are still raw and ungroomed... I will seriously like to see guidetti and alex Nimely break into manCity first team
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Oludrex:

Those guy are still raw and ungroomed... I will seriously like to see guidetti and alex Nimely break into manCity first team

That is why eventhough Mancini did a great job, he was sacked. The club is taking a different approach. Guidetti was on the bench against Spurs and I hope he gets his chance.

If Dzeko joins Dortmund or Arsenal, I hope we trust Guidetti and not buy again. Jovetic and Guidetti are enough cover.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by CashVessel(m): 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
They have decided where they want him to go, u guys should let them be. Everyone should be able to make a decision about their future and take responsibility for whatever happens thereafter. I wish them well. At least they'll be free from poverty if not for anything.I wish him well

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hmm...nobody is even thinking why the father made such decision. This is what I guess. Kelechi's real age might be 25 but claims U17. If he's allowed to join FC Porto (which grooms young players) one should expect that in 3-5years time, he should be a world star (just like Messi how he started), but for his real age, he would be like 30yrs then. A man of that age can not perform any better and compete favourably well.
Therefore, Kelechi's family has peeped into the future that it is better to make the money now when he is still relevant than wait till when he clocks 30 (real age) in 3-5yrs time when the expected money won't come because he might have lost form due to advance age.
Just my take.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by erictoonice: 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Vin saint: Maybe one cup of snorf nd akpuru achia (kai kai) go help de mata. Mek de man shine eye chose Arsenal wia young boys r made gr8 playas. Man u oo or City dey buy ready made. Iheanacho is not made yet. Those clubs no get much tym for young playas lyk him. Am still celebratin his goals with my 2 hands up nd down. If u c my reason- Follow me nkwa oya Iheanacho style. grin grin grin

guy did I hear u say man united only buy ready made players? u know nothing about football if u think arsenal has a good academy, which world class player or even a regular first team arsenal academy made player have u heard of except Wilshire, giggs, Beckham, scholars, Neville brother, Nicky but, ckeveely, Evans, and many many more are products of United's academy even in the business of buying potential world class young players, united has no match in England with one of the best payers ever cr7 as an example. just don't spit nonesence if u know nothing
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
koastar: Hmm...nobody is even thinking why the father made such decision. This is what I guess. Kelechi's real age might be 25 but claims U17. If he's allowed to join FC Porto (which grooms young players) one should expect that in 3-5years time, he should be a world star (just like Messi how he started), but for his real age, he would be like 30yrs then. A man of that age can not perform any better and compete favourably well.
Therefore, Kelechi's family has peeped into the future that it is better to make the money now when he is still relevant than wait till when he clocks 30 (real age) in 3-5yrs time when the expected money won't come because he might have lost form due to advance age.
Just my take.

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYcvwPECQAAxFua.jpg:large[/img]

Iheanacho was in this under 13 team about 3 years ago. There is no way he is 25.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by victorD3: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
ammyluv2002: Please, don't go to Manchester City my wonder boy, they will ruin your career. They have like 1001 good players, you need a club that can depend on you, a club that will feature you as their 1st 11 not any of the top clubs biko. You don't need to warm the bench or join the queue of waiting for a player to fall sick or something. All the best sha!

So you prefer him playing for Cardiff?
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by dailywealth1967: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
kanu peak milk abeg now advise the boy make him join Arsenal.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
hope yall realize that wherever he may go he is inevitably headed for the academy/reserves?? so its kinda irrelevant whether the first team has space for him cuz even if they do have space he almost certainly won't be making it in cuz he is not that exceptional yet. what matters at this stage for him is the quality of the youth set-up and city should have decent set-up.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by kepsi123(m): 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elmax centini: Am wondering where the hell the likes Papillo is,to talk some senses into this man's head that he is about to make his son commit the blunder of his life.

I like ur idea so much. Ex internationals should step up and advise this guy. Instead of leaving his fate in the hand of his father wey dey wear manc shirt for viewing center

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Cyriel Dessers Fires All 5 Goals In Genk Big Win / Juventus Rejects Man Utd’s Cavani Offer Despite Ronaldo’s Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.